Rumor: Bionicle's return in 2015

I think that image might be too big, but where did you get that clean drawing of the new Tahu?

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

I think that image might be too big, but where did you get that clean drawing of the new Tahu?

I didn't make that image, I found it when I googled "Bionicle Hype Train"

Edited by UngluedBike

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

What in the name of Mata Nui was that...?

I love it!

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Wow.

@wazdakka me too. I think they should have gone for a comic-con reveal, and not brick fair. From what I know, it's an AFOL thing, and AFOLs were skeptical of Bonkle since it began.

Yet, there would have been a lot of attention at other stuff at Comic-con, so who knows.

If they do an official statement, it's either a normal reveal or Brickfair though it would have been better at Comic-Con.

• Upvote 1

Wow.

@wazdakka me too. I think they should have gone for a comic-con reveal, and not brick fair. From what I know, it's an AFOL thing, and AFOLs were skeptical of Bonkle since it began.

Yet, there would have been a lot of attention at other stuff at Comic-con, so who knows.

If they do an official statement, it's either a normal reveal or Brickfair though it would have been better at Comic-Con.

I agree comic con would have been a better idea, and a normal reveal is entirely possible, but I think there's a high possibility of a BrickFair reveal, since we've spotted this website updatey thing only a few days before BrickFair. If this entire ordeal has taught me anything ,it's that there's no such thing as coincidences...

• Upvote 2

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Does anyone check if that search produced a different result in the past? If so how long ago was the result different?

Two days ago that redirected me to the HF page. It did the same thing a week before. Today, it changed.

That was enough to destroy the breaks on the hype train. :D

Follow the light...

The Hype Train will take you to it

Follow me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/JTHStudio

Also, watch my new BIONICLE Short: "How BIONICLE Really Came Back" http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/15938-how-bionicle-really-came-back-a-brickfilm/

Does anyone check if that search produced a different result in the past? If so how long ago was the result different?

Two days ago that redirected me to the HF page. It did the same thing a week before. Today, it changed.

That was enough to destroy the breaks on the hype train. :D

What brakes? I didn't realise it had any to begin with. I certainly haven't been using them.

• Upvote 1

Sorry to try to halt the hype train but...

Re: Chat with Greg Farshtey

19m ago

bogles wrote:

if you go to LEGO shop and type bionicle you get "Coming Soon" message does this mean  bionicle is coming in 2015?

And if I do a search on Shop for Power Miners, I get Ninjago sets. Think that pretty much answers the question about how much you should rely on this for clues to upcoming product.

It really annoys me when people put the most recent leaked stuff or evidence and ask Greg about it as if he would give them a real answer. Especially when their annoying questions are answered before mines.

Edit:

Re: Chat with Greg Farshtey[ New ]

18m ago

AbsorbingYeti wrote:

Hello Greg! 

I have a question regarding bionicle, 

when you search up Bionicle it directs you to a coming soon page, this intrigues me. With recent leaks and all sorts of information setting a picture in Bionicle fans heads such as myself that bionicle is "No doubt" coming back. does this worry you and your work mates? No onehundred percent official confirmation is announced which leads me to believe that LEGO is keeping whatever Bionicle information they have to themselves. So if Bionicle would come back it's the pressure to try and block rumors for you and your workmates and if all the bionicle rumors are fake are you worried about your fans being disappointed and bringing an uproar of hate.

Thank you! 

During my time with LEGO, I have often had to deny or  refuse to comment on leaked images or leaked information related to BIONICLE, Ninjago, City and other lines. The alternative would be to let LEGO's competitors know way too early what was coming out from us, giving them time to produce knock-offs. In my experience, LEGO fans have the maturity to understand this. If there were people getting upset about this, to be honest, they should have the sense not to expect a LEGO employee to leak confidential information and they shouldn't be asking  in the first place.

Edited by Boidoh

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Doesn't really halt the hype train. Greg's just explaining why he can't say anything.

I also find it annoying when people expect Greg to answer questions that he can't, like this one.

• Upvote 8

Making brickfilms since 2007.

Check out my latest animations:

, and Avengers Tower!

The first episode of Nuva,

Magnetic Mania, is now live! Check it out!

burning_logo.jpg

Greg isn't going to confirm anything before an official announcement from LEGO, because he doesn't want to lose his job.

This is enough evidence for me at this point - I'm pretty sold that it's coming back. At least at this point, if it doesn't return, LEGO will be trolling us.

• Upvote 4

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

It's pretty annoying that these guys are forcing Greg into a no-win situation for everyone.

If he says yes, competitors win, Greg gets in trouble with boss.

If he says "I can't say" it only goads more people to poke him about it.

And he can really only weasel his way out of so many questions with these ambiguous answers.

Guys, please don't make it difficult for us or Lego.

• Upvote 4

What is interesting is what he says about Power Miners. Is this true, or is this just a way for him to avoid the question?

Greg does use Power Miners a lot as an example...

#PowerMinersConfirmed2015

Edit: I can't believe I just did that annoying hashtag thing.. I am ashamed of my self.

Edited by Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

And if Greg say no, he's lying, then.  (assuming it's coming back.)  If I were Greg, I'd just refuse to answer question of the future.  People can ask what they want, but they won't get anything.

And, I just checked the Power Miners thing.  It took me to Ninjago.  My theory is as follows:

Someone asks Greg.  Greg points this out to Lego.  Lego changes their website so that Power Miners search redirects to Ninjago.  Greg points this out.  Now no one trusts the search engine for S @H, and Lego's secret is safe.

Or it's just a coincidence.  Has anyone out there looked up Power Miners recently?  And why did Greg look it up, anyway, unless TLG did that on purpose...?

~W.12.~

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

So, from this I've gathered that the hype train is going really fast, several people have fused themselves into it (which will make it kinda difficult to get off once we arrive at our destination), and that all doubts have been erased from people's minds that Bionicle will be returning, which means the hype train is swiflty running out of carriages. 

I think we need a new hype train... a bigger one...

In that case, join the hype spaceship Spaceship SPACESHIP!!!

• Upvote 2

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

I think TTV said they tried it out on Power Miners and it didn't work. It's recent.

Someone made this argument earlier and I think it'd be good to restate it: why would Lego save Bionicle's reveal for brickfair when they didn't say anything during Comic-Con, a much bigger and more widely known event? I'm skeptical of a BrickFair reveal.

Maybe fan loyalty? Show a sneak preview of the new stuff at a place that doesn't get much media coverage and where people dont come prepared with sneaky recording equipment. Still doubtful, but I can see some reasoning for it. Maybe it'll be a very last minute thing, considering only just now the hype train hit 88 mph and started flying

Edited by Pomegranate
  • Upvote 1

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

Rolling down at 299792459 metres per second will certainly do that to train brakes.

Norik of Celtania, did you realize, in a vacuum, light travels a meter in 1/299792458th of a second?  Also, the train evidently slowed to 88 in a failed attempt to jump to the future and see what happens next.

Numbers are awesome.  Maybe I should change my username to numbersman.

~W.12.~ is also awesome.

• Upvote 2

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

I wanted to be the first to say this: typing Bionicle in S @H redirects to HF once more.  However, I got a coming soon message after typing in Galidor.

~W.12.~

Spoiler alert: white on white text below
joking, no coming soon message for Galidor. 

• Upvote 1

So, it was either a system glitch or Lego is trying to cover it up. Makes sense if they want the reveal to be a surprise for most. 

Also, if it was a glitch, why wouldn't Lego just say it was?

Edited by Mr Caes
  • Upvote 2
"You are what you dare."

-Bornstellar Makes Eternal Lasting

The plot thickens. Wow. 

So that means LEGO must have seen the uproar after that page, and now they've taken it down.

LEGO, if you're reading this, there's no way you can convince us it's not coming back.

The Hype Train . . . 

has no brakes.

• Upvote 2

I wanted to be the first to say this: typing Bionicle in S @H redirects to HF once more.  However, I got a coming soon message after typing in Galidor.

~W.12.~

XD

Eh, Lego can't take the time to comment on every random system glitch that happens. But now even the computers are trolling us. We're doomed. 

~W.12.~

XD

Eh, Lego can't take the time to comment on every random system glitch that happens. But now even the computers are trolling us. We're doomed. 

"System glitch"

Hail Denmark

Maybe I'm being way too conspiratorial here, but I think Lego is trying to cover their tracks now. Perhaps they didn't anticipate that anyone would actually go looking up Bionicle while they updated the website, and now we've ruined their little surprise. Besides, if Bionicle wasn't coming back, I don't see why Lego wouldn't just outright say so, just to put the rumours to rest. Therefore, despite their vain attempts to derail our (flying?) hype train, my conviction isn't shaken.

#Bionicle2015!

#FlyingHypeTrain

#LegoCan'tStopUs!

• Upvote 4

Doesn't really halt the hype train. Greg's just explaining why he can't say anything.

Can anything halt it at this rate? 

Yep, the thing on Lego S @H made the front page.  I'm now sure I'm one of the few BZPower members who still doesn't think Bionicle will come back in 2015.

Also, this topic had 31 users on it last night, and then BZP went offline for a moment.  That was amazing.

~W.12.~

With that attitude, Bionicle could be back in stores and you still wouldn't believe it.  ^_^

I'm just kidding, you're allowed to think what you want. If you don't think the evidence is there, then there isn't really anything I can say to convince you otherwise. I for one, am convinced.

• Upvote 2

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

Let me be clear.  I really, really do want Bionicle to come back.  (this from the kid who memorized the names of all Bionicle Characters and didn't forget Podu)  I just do not think Lego is soon to bring it back, for reasons I cannot (and will not) reveal.  That said, the evidence is making me wonder....

And yes, if it was in stores, I would go buy all the sets while still saying it wasn't going to return.  Just joking.

Edit: That was 7,129 9's, for those keeping score.

Edited by Willess12
  • Upvote 1

Okay, here is what I don't understand. People have been saying (and I think someone linked a post with Greg himself saying it) that Lego won't comment on the rumours so that other companies don't copy their idea or whatever, but the ENTIRE INTERNET KNOWS THAT BIONICLE IS COMING BACK!

There's no way to hide it anymore, so why bother trying? 

Because they already planned an awesome press release?

Releasing prematurely is bad for them. Good for us, but you gotta think it from their POV. And maybe they're not ready yet? They're still finishing last-minute touch-ups, and then leaks? Or they overestimated the fan hype train velocity?

Either way, they have their reasons. We just have to wait.

• Upvote 1

Because they already planned an awesome press release?

Releasing prematurely is bad for them. Good for us, but you gotta think it from their POV. And maybe they're not ready yet? They're still finishing last-minute touch-ups, and then leaks? Or they overestimated the fan hype train velocity?

Either way, they have their reasons. We just have to wait.

I'm hoping there are some differences between the pics we've seen and the actual products. There are some things I've seen that I'm not overly fond of...

Howdy folks! Boy, it's been a long time (and a couple of name changes) since I've posted on BZP. Glad to be back, though. Feels...right! Sorta like sinking into an old familiar chair after a stressful day at work.

Anyways, regardless of whether or not BIONICLE makes a return this year (and yes, I am personally a HUGE believer!), I'm sure glad this has happened. I feel like it has breathed new life into the community! In fact, it inspired a bit of a BIONICLE revival for me! I went online and ordered all of the original movies (all of my old DVDs were scratched up from here to Thursday!) and I've been watching them back to back. Good grief, the memories! The nostalgia!  :D

Looking forward to maxing out my credit cards as soon as the "official" announcement is made! And I'm certainly looking forward to spending the time between now and then getting back in touch with the community. You folks really are the best!

BIONICLE fan since '03!