BZP Mafia Discussion

Voltex

What's the point of checking in here about hosting if you're just gonna go and post a new game anyway??

?

I didn't know they needed approval frist. If I did I wouldn't have put it up I a truely sorry for this mess. If you want to take it down you can.

I thought this topic was for coming up ideas for Mafia games not a approval form for them.

Again I am sorry.

Edited by ToaTimeLord

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

What's the point of checking in here about hosting if you're just gonna go and post a new game anyway??

?

I didn't know they needed approval frist. If I did I wouldn't have put it up I a truely sorry for this mess. If you want to take it down you can.

I thought this topic was for coming up ideas for Mafia games not a approval form for them.

Again I am sorry.

It is a topic for coming up with ideas, but since the forums can only support a few games at a time (Usually one main series game and one side game), we like to deliberate and vote on whose idea will become reality next.

Voltex, perhaps the first post should be update with some information about this process, considering the only record of us starting it is buried somewhere halfway through here?

That said, it's never a bad idea to read all of a topic before posting in it.

• Upvote 7

?

Again I am sorry.

It is a topic for coming up with ideas, but since the forums can only support a few games at a time (Usually one main series game and one side game), we like to deliberate and vote on whose idea will become reality next.

Voltex, perhaps the first post should be update with some information about this process, considering the only record of us starting it is buried somewhere halfway through here?

That said, it's never a bad idea to read all of a topic before posting in it.

I looked over a majority of the post and never saw the post you mentioned.

Should I just put I lock on the game ending it so it can go through the system of discussion.

EDIT: I have closed the game so it can go through the topic the official way.

Edited by ToaTimeLord

To be fair, one might not want to go to the trouble of reading through a 55-page topic before posting in it.

Which is all the more reason to edit this information into the first post. Perhaps other information about game approval procedure and such should be edited in too, such as the wait list (if there is still one)

• Upvote 4

2xu8Ptu.png

Luroka has a very, very cool game cooked up that puts an interesting spin on the Mafia formula that I don't believe has been seen before; I'd throw my own personal vote behind it.

Perhaps we should wait, though? I think the G&T contest is starting in April, after all.

I agree.

I'll toss my game idea in again in late May.

(this time though, holding off putting out the game tell you guys approve.)

Tell then I'll fine tooth it so all the bugs are out of it.

Edited by ToaTimeLord

It looks like I'm starting XXIX next week?

?

About Hosting:

Experience has (repeatedly) shown that the forum can usually support only two Mafia games at a time. As such, the standard practice is to post in this topic stating your desire to host (whether it be an entry in the main series or a side game). If multiple members want to host, the other players will typically vote on which host or game they want to play first. Once you have the community's go ahead, you can then post your game.

For those of you that would skip this not-as-painful-as-it-sounds-process, 

Don't give me that. It is extraordinarily painful - every time I want to host a game it is like pulling teeth. The Meaning of Death, I ended up tripping over some poor soul, and now...

and now...

Okay I just want to put my Mafia game back in the discussion.

I designed it to be a side game.

If you give me the okay on it, I'll post it in late May or when ever you want it. For now, I like you guys to give me suggestions on how to improve the game.

BIONICLE MAFIA: DESTINY OF LIGHT

The three virtues mean nothing any more.

Chaos is the new order.

And darkness rules supreme.

But in the darkness there is a light that have had enough.

RULES

1-Vote changes are not permitted.

2-All BZP Rules Apply.

3-Once killed, players can no longer have an impact on the game.

4-Role revealing is not allowed.

ROLES

Shadow Matoran x17 – The dark citizens of this twisted village; can vote each day on the killer.

Medic x1 – Can protect one person each night from death.

Detective x1 – Can investigate one person each night.

The Mafia of Light x5– Still have faith in the three virtues and will stop at nothing to stop the darkness.

Will deside on a person to kill each night.

Goal of the game

The Shadow Matoran win by killing all of the Mafia of light.

Mafia of light win by out numbering the Shadow Matoran.

Ex. 4 to 3

How to vote

Each night you will vote on someone to hang for being a Mafia of Light.

After a hanging the Mafia medic and detective will PM me there decisions.

If there is a tie then no one dies this goes for both.

Medic and Detective will PM me there decision before voting rounds.

All the Mafia of Light will know who each other are.

Player list.

Edited by ToaTimeLord

Question, does my little story of games interfere with the Mafia universe? I know I have semi-mafia elements in them, but they have a running story they tell, even if they are hard to piece together.

EDIT: Meaning, when I launch a game, should I ask if you guys are launching a game then? because I'm guessing it would be nice if the games don't overlap.

Edited by Rider/Phillips
  • Upvote 1

Mario-Party-DS-Waluigi_zps2e5b569e.png

Thanks Photobucket. Love you too.

Hmm, it's alright, but it feels a little done before. I'm fine with a "basics" game, but this feels like it's trying to be something more complex when it isn't.

Fair point.

I created it to be a bit simple.

The only real twist is the good guys being the Mafia.

Besides that its a basic game.

• 2 weeks later...

Question, does my little story of games interfere with the Mafia universe? I know I have semi-mafia elements in them, but they have a running story they tell, even if they are hard to piece together.

EDIT: Meaning, when I launch a game, should I ask if you guys are launching a game then? because I'm guessing it would be nice if the games don't overlap.

I appreciate the upvote, like, or whatever, and thanks to the awesome person who did that, but I also think an answer would be nice from the higher ups in this mafia universe.

I also just ask to clear up my schedule, as in the future I have quite the big game that will be coming so I don't want to crowd the G&T.

I don't want to start a mafia game.

I want to start MY game.

...and yes I know that I should wait for the contest to end which is what I am doing.

If your game is very similar them yes.

If it just like two rules then no.

You post the starting topic here and we'll see how MAFIA it is.

Edited by ToaTimeLord

I don't want to start a mafia game.

I want to start MY game.

...and yes I know that I should wait for the contest to end which is what I am doing.

Not to be rude, but have you SEEN my games?

No.

This topic is meant to contain planning and discussion of Mafia games only, since the forum can only sustain so many such games at a time. I approved this without any intent of having other games, be they ambitious or not, fall under the same community-driven approval process. Please read the first post of the topic.

Approval isn't what I am seeking, I just don't want a big Mafia game, one of the roman numeral ones coming out that tend to be bigger, to go on at the same time mine does because my game is also going to be quite big. I believe Fisher's has one of those coming soon yes? If so, just tell me when it begins so I can patiently wait for it to end and begin mine.

In my first post of this I said: "when I launch a game, should I ask if you guys are launching a game then? because I'm guessing it would be nice if the games don't overlap."

I was just asking if you would appreciate it if my game didn't go on at the same time, giving your game more attention. Then I post mine afterwords. Just trying to make things clear in G&T. Didn't want things to get this confusing.

Approval isn't what I am seeking, I just don't want a big Mafia game, one of the roman numeral ones coming out that tend to be bigger, to go on at the same time mine does because my game is also going to be quite big. I believe Fisher's has one of those coming soon yes? If so, just tell me when it begins so I can patiently wait for it to end and begin mine.

In my first post of this I said: "when I launch a game, should I ask if you guys are launching a game then? because I'm guessing it would be nice if the games don't overlap."

I was just asking if you would appreciate it if my game didn't go on at the same time, giving your game more attention. Then I post mine afterwords. Just trying to make things clear in G&T. Didn't want things to get this confusing.

My main point of confusion is that it doesn't sound like your game is a mafia game - and if it isn't a mafia game, then discussion of it at all doesn't really belong here.

I just don't want a big Mafia game, one of the roman numeral ones coming out that tend to be bigger, to go on at the same time mine does because my game is also going to be quite big. I believe Fisher's has one of those coming soon yes? If so, just tell me when it begins so I can patiently wait for it to end and begin mine.

This is correct. I was looking to start that either today or tomorrow.