BIONIFIGHT ULTIMATE: DRIFT FORCE

Voltex

IC: Portal

HP: 14/20

Portal was then probably promptly hit with a bunch of different attacks. Then he saw Rider about to shoot at SV.

Portal quickly locked his shields and dived in the way, attempting to look incredibly cool while hopefully also protecting his stronk friend. Instead of hitting the ground, though, he created a portal and came out right behind the Rider, still with the momentum from the dive. Most likely this would knock the Rider's aim off , or maybe even knock him to the ground.

IC: Zakaro (HP 1/5) (Lives- 3)

Zakaro was lost. 

Things had happened, pain had occurred, and he was just plain lost. 

That was about when Zakaro realized he had made it up onto some part of the Juggernaut somehow. He suspected SV, but with this memory that apparently didn't exist the zombie once again was unsure. 

He shrugged and jumped down, before glancing around and deciding that the best thing to do would be attack the current Hulk of the Fight, SV, which he proceeded to do with a couple of plasma blasts.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC 13

Chro saw Unit's growing waterspout, and quickly formed a bowl of sorts around himself out of hard-light. Just to be safe, he additionally transformed his fiery parts back to a solid form.

Pointing Rhindon downwards, Chro unleashed the full fury of the sword upon the undead Unit. [Drift Force Weapon activated]

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

OOC: The Master of Shadows. Not just hyperbole, either.

IC: ShadowVezon, HP: 18/20

ShadowVezon got hit by some bullets, which didn't do much, and some plasma blasts, which did. [HP: 17/20] The titanic fighter decided the best thing to do would be to make Zakaro lose one of it's lives, and slashed at him with the Plasma Whip. Oh, and magic Dracula costume out of nowhere, just 'cause. "I preferred you when you were alive, Zakaro. At least then I got some satisfaction out of killing you. Now it seems like kindness."

Edited by Neo ShadowVezon

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

"Master of Shadows and Game-running Compliants, Ǝɹsɐʇz Ԁᴉɹɐʞɐ ᴉu qlɐɔʞ' No˙ 999, Vezon of the Twighlight"

Where the heck are Vox and Caboose?

IC 13

Chro began to fire lasers down on Luroka again, considering Unit had not respawned, Zakaro was being dealt with, and Rider was bothersome to deal with.

but their spirits

IC: Makuta Luroka (5/5|1/3)

Multiple lasers rain down. I evade some, but some hit (-2 3/5). I then use my mask to desublimate ("freeze") a shield of air around Chro, in order to contain him, as well as to form a path up to him. I rapidly approach him, and attempt to stab him through his new cage.

bBhcfWO.png

IC 13

As Luroka attempted to freeze Chro, he activated his power over fire to melt the ice, attempting to destroy Luroka's method of confinement and attack.

Then Chro swiftly summoned a fist of shadow, and swept it across the path of ice which Luroka had created, attempting to break it if it had not yet melted or smash Luroka if he had yet approached.

Edited by Chro

but their spirits

IC: Makuta Luroka (3/5|1/3)

As Chro attempts to melt the ice barrier around him, I use the mask to diffuse the heat from his flame, and further cool his prison. As he uses a fist of shadow to smash my ice path, I create an ice shield to absorb the force of the attack, before further using my mask to further cool and fortify my path to him. As I reach Chro, I lunge at him with immense force.

bBhcfWO.png

OOC: Does my +5 starting health apply to respawns? IC post when I get an answer.

~Unit#phntk#1

OOC: it says you get it at the start of the round, Unit. I assume not. *shrug*

IC post when I am able

This

Anyway...

JUGGERNAUT - 20/20

The Juggernaut slowly activated, taking in the battle; as the Survivors were closest, the Juggernaut swung its fists, dealing three damage to every Survivor before moving in on the Infected.

IC: Makuta Luroka (3/5|1/3)

As Chro attempts to melt the ice barrier around him, I use the mask to diffuse the heat from his flame, and further cool his prison. As he uses a fist of shadow to smash my ice path, I create an ice shield to absorb the force of the attack, before further using my mask to further cool and fortify my path to him. As I reach Chro, I lunge at him with immense force.

... seriously?

IC 10

Chro transformed all at once into fire, with flame exploding out around him as he did so, effectively freeing himself from the ice and dropping below the platform. He flew swiftly out of reasonable range of Luroka's ice, and whirled around to face at Luroka again, bringing the shadow hand around to crush the floating ice.

but their spirits

IC 10

Chro was knocked away by the repulsion attack, but managed to use jets of flame to redirect himself away from the Juggernaut. He turned to face Unit and attacked from long-range with two fists of shadow, punching towards the undead Toa.

but their spirits

IC: Zakaro (HP: 1/5) (Lives-3)

"Yeah, being a zombie's pretty boring," Zakaro replied, jumping forward with a final, charged blast at SV before letting the Plasma Whip whip his helmeted head off his bulky shoulders. 

Zakaro died. (-1, 0/5)

And then Zakaro came back to life after letting SV get a bit further away, picking up his head with his free hand and cackling, firing off a plasma shot at Chro, due to the fact that the energy would be quite a bit more effective in damaging the fire-user than a missile would if he went full fire-spirit-mode-thing.

(HP: 5/5) (Lives- 2)

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

IC: ShadowVezon, HP: 14/20

ShadowVezon got knocked back by the Juggernaut's fist, conveniently being knocked out of the way of Zakaro's attack. The disgruntled brute took the opportunity to sneak up on Zakaro and kick him into the air, aiming to not only send him flying but also make him lose his head.

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

"Master of Shadows and Game-running Compliants, Ǝɹsɐʇz Ԁᴉɹɐʞɐ ᴉu qlɐɔʞ' No˙ 999, Vezon of the Twighlight"

IC: Unit [5/5] [2/3]

Unit pulse-jumped up, allowing the shadow hands to pass underneath him. Seeing that Zakaro was already attacking Chro, Unit created water in front of SV's face, hoping that suddenly having water in his lungs would distract him enough for his kick to miss.

~Unit#phntk#1

I'm not going to have my mouth gaping open, am I? The water splatters on my face. I may find it harder to see for a bit, but that's not going to affect my kick.

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

I'm not going to have my mouth gaping open, am I? The water splatters on my face. I may find it harder to see for a bit, but that's not going to affect my kick.

No, but you have to breathe in still. I figured you would at least get some water up your nose.

~Unit#phntk#1

OOC: So... Yeah due to some real life stuff, I gotta take a back seat for the next two rounds/modes. Currently I am too drained during the day, when the majority of you are active, to post continuously in this topic due to my job. I should be back to normalish schedule in time for the next signups.. So yeah sorry for the late notice. Thought I could do it but just couldn't.

Edited by Voxumo

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

OOC: Dang. Sorry to hear that, Voxumo. Don't worry, you shall be remembered, my icy competitor! Hope to see ya back soon enough. ^_^

IC: Zakaro (HP: 5/5) (Lives- 2)

Zakaro was still cackling when SV hit him. 

On the good side, he wasn't trying to resist, so he went flying and bounced against the Juggernaut, then flopped to the ground without taking too much damage. (-1, 4/5)

On the bad side, his grip wasn't that good. 

"OH MATA-NUI WHY IS THE WORLD SPINNING"

Zakaro's head flew off in another direction, screaming the entire time. 

It was a good few seconds before Zakaro's body got up, stumbled about for a bit then starting firing missiles all over the place, while his head had gone strangely silent and was off in some dark corner somewhere. 

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

OOC: Well if everything goes as planned I should be back to some semblance of order next signup

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Luroka, how exactly does your power work? If I am made of fire, and constantly generating fire, are you able to negate that fire entirely from very far away by cooling the air? Being completely frank, I want to know your limits so I can exploit them, because I know everyone knows mine... and with only one or two active allies against four or five enemies, it won't be long before they're reached. :P I only ask because you seem to have a ludicrous level of control over your abilities, not only a very strong power.

Edited by Chro

but their spirits

Luroka, how exactly does your power work? If I am made of fire, and constantly generating fire, are you able to negate that fire entirely from very far away by cooling the air? Being completely frank, I want to know your limits so I can exploit them, because I know everyone knows mine... and with only one or two active allies against four or five enemies, it won't be long before they're reached. :P

I was always under the impression that he can only redirect heat, not absorb it. So if he tries to cool you off, that heat's gotta go somewhere. I could be wrong though.

~Unit#phntk#1

I personally think it's generally against the spirit of Bionifight to get too deep into the science of the game, but Luroka has a propensity for powers which defy that unspoken rule, so I guess we can get into the details of it... except for the fact that Chro's powers (which would be inherently relevant to the debate of Luroka's powers) are intended to be based around principles established within the Bionicle canon, which (according to Greg) sometimes conflicts with real-world physics for no good reason.

In other words, I don't know if we'll be able to come to a reasonable conclusion over power limits, because Farshtey.

• Upvote 1

but their spirits

OOC: Ugh...Portal why?

IC: (3/5)(3/3) Deciding that Portal seems to be buffering, I roll aside. I see that Zakaro has lost his head again and decide to help my headless friend. I decide to get in a good shot and aim for Shadow Vezon's cranium. I then let loose and fire off the magazine at him, 5 bullets.

Mario-Party-DS-Waluigi_zps2e5b569e.png

Thanks Photobucket. Love you too.

Luroka, how exactly does your power work? If I am made of fire, and constantly generating fire, are you able to negate that fire entirely from very far away by cooling the air? Being completely frank, I want to know your limits so I can exploit them, because I know everyone knows mine... and with only one or two active allies against four or five enemies, it won't be long before they're reached. :P

I was always under the impression that he can only redirect heat, not absorb it. So if he tries to cool you off, that heat's gotta go somewhere. I could be wrong though.

~Unit#phntk#1

Basically, that. Every time I cool (or heat) something, that heat goes to (or comes from) somewhere else. That "somewhere else" is assumed not to be very relevant, so I do not actually enumerate what that place or thing actually is. In the case of my most recent attempt to cool you off, I am simply trying to scatter your body heat over a wide area to cool you rapidly.

The basic limit to this is tied to the total amount of heat in the area. If the entire arena is very hot or very cold, it would be more difficult to manage the temperature of various things.

Edited by Makuta Luroka

bBhcfWO.png

I understand that you just move the heat around.

Say you disperse Chro's heat while he is entirely fire. What effect would that have? Would that cause him to become a block of ice? Would that cause him to shiver slightly? Would that cause him to become physically enlarged?

I'm not stupid, but I'm no longer nearly as sharp as I used to be in comparison to my peers when it comes to science. Blame my school for this.

but their spirits

I understand that you just move the heat around.

Say you disperse Chro's heat while he is entirely fire. What effect would that have? Would that cause him to become a block of ice? Would that cause him to shiver slightly? Would that cause him to become physically enlarged?

I'm not stupid, but I'm no longer nearly as sharp as I used to be in comparison to my peers when it comes to science. Blame my school for this.

Fire is fundamentally a reaction that requires heat to maintain itself. Cooling a fire would cause it to diminish, eventually extinguishing it.

bBhcfWO.png

Right. That's real-world physics, though. Problem is, Bionicle physics are (without good reason) different from real-world physics.
I am fairly certain that powers would work differently in Bionicle if they applied to reality; for example, the Element Lords would have a much harder time existing, you know?

If Chro is infinitely generating a quantity of fire, or alternatively constantly maintaining an existing quantity of fire as his physical form, which is what I imagine the made-of-fire power to consist of, logically there is no real-world way for him to exist, correct? But by Bionicle physics he does just fine.

Clearly I'm not going to try to no-sell your powers (as tempting as it is sometimes), but I believe that the Bionicle-based nature of the game slightly overrules the real-world physics of your powers. So, chilling Chro in a physically-fire-based state would weaken him, maybe freeze him with enough effort, but not just kill him, hmm?

Anyway, my main point is less about what you can do, but about the control you have over it.
Let's think Bionicle again. It took Helryx thousands of years, and the Nuva hundreds, to have precise mastery and ridiculous levels of focus over their elements. In contrast, Toa who were only recently transformed (and even some who weren't) had far less precise control. But no, I'm not asking you to age your character or anything like that.
That would be silly.

Which is actually relevant, because... my point is that control over your power is reliant on experience, which is (in context of Bionifight) an entirely irrelevant value. Everyone could write in their profiles about how their character has trained for millennia to gain an illogically high power level, but we don't.

That would be silly.

The focus required to precisely manipulate the distribution of heat in such a way that it causes very specific effects against very specific circumstances (such as trying to freeze a flying person whose hands and feet are made of fire) is something slightly beyond my suspension of disbelief. Perhaps I'm wrong, and perhaps it would require the same amount of concentration to carefully manipulate the heat of an actively flying and moving being as it would to control yourself after becoming fire.

I don't know. Like I said, I've fallen behind the curve in the science department of my education.

I think it's probably more than a little silly that I've written all this. Just letting off steam. Back to IC soon, once I figure out how to respond to being... dispersed.

Edited by Chro

but their spirits

IC: Portal

HP: 12/20

Now.

Now that the Rider had turned his back again, Portal began falling again. I got him this time.

But he was still stabbed by the ghost of the knife-gun thing. That was unexpected.

Portal threw out a punch towards the rider, and fell backwards into another portal. This time, though, he was coming out behind Luroka. He was obviously a threat to Chro, so Portal decided to punch him too.

This is the epitome of a perfect plan. 

Right. That's real-world physics, though. Problem is, Bionicle physics are (without good reason) different from real-world physics.

I am fairly certain that powers would work differently in Bionicle if they applied to reality; for example, the Element Lords would have a much harder time existing, you know?

If Chro is infinitely generating a quantity of fire, or alternatively constantly maintaining an existing quantity of fire as his physical form, which is what I imagine the made-of-fire power to consist of, logically there is no real-world way for him to exist, correct? But by Bionicle physics he does just fine.

Clearly I'm not going to try to no-sell your powers (as tempting as it is sometimes), but I believe that the Bionicle-based nature of the game slightly overrules the real-world physics of your powers. So, chilling Chro in a physically-fire-based state would weaken him, maybe freeze him with enough effort, but not just kill him, hmm?

Anyway, my main point is less about what you can do, but about the control you have over it.

Let's think Bionicle again. It took Helryx thousands of years, and the Nuva hundreds, to have precise mastery and ridiculous levels of focus over their elements. In contrast, Toa who were only recently transformed (and even some who weren't) had far less precise control. But no, I'm not asking you to age your character or anything like that.

That would be silly.

Which is actually relevant, because... my point is that control over your power is reliant on experience, which is (in context of Bionifight) an entirely irrelevant value. Everyone could write in their profiles about how their character has trained for millennia to gain an illogically high power level, but we don't.

That would be silly.

The focus required to precisely manipulate the distribution of heat in such a way that it causes very specific effects against very specific circumstances (such as trying to freeze a flying person whose hands and feet are made of fire) is something slightly beyond my suspension of disbelief. Perhaps I'm wrong, and perhaps it would require the same amount of concentration to carefully manipulate the heat of an actively flying and moving being as it would to control yourself after becoming fire.

I don't know. Like I said, I've fallen behind the curve in the science department of my education.

I think it's probably more than a little silly that I've written all this. Just letting off steam. Back to IC soon, once I figure out how to respond to being... dispersed.

The point wasn't to kill you outright by freezing you, but to weaken you, thus slowing you down. Yes I do understand that it would take tremendous mental discipline to freeze a being composed entirely of flame (it would regardless take a fair amount of focus to harness the power of entropy anyway), but I'm not trying to completely freeze it, just cool it down. As an example, it takes a lot less focus to just scatter sand over an area (literally just blow at it), as opposed to specifically moving every grain of sand to or from a particular spot. Freezing objects of air requires less focus when done over a larger area because you can use a "larger brush," so to speak, whereas manipulating the heat in finer methods require much more effort. It is much easier to manipulate heat in simple operations over a large area than in finer points. On the other hand, just scattering the heat (cold things get warmer, hot things get cooler) requires less effort than focusing it (cold things get colder, hot things get hotter), because the former simply accelerates natural entropy, while the latter reverses it.

As far as the IC post goes, I wasn't trying to disperse the flame itself, but merely trying to cool it down by dispersing the heat of said flame.

If you have any other questions/things that need to be cleared up, feel free to PM me so as not to clutter the topic.

bBhcfWO.png