OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Aw yeah! :) 

This is awesome. I love the pic of them going up against the spiders for the mask.

And man, the Toa look awesome. Tahu, Kopaka and Onua are just perfect! Awesome, armoured design and I love the similarities with the original Mata masks. Pohatu is pretty cool, don't know about his colour scheme though, and Gali and Lewa are very different but still really cool. And man, the dual-functioning weapons is awesome. Great gimmick.

Looks like all of them retain their original personalities, but with some new traits that will make it fun to see them interacting, especially if there is a show or movie. Cannot wait. These sets are absolutely awesome.

Oh, and gearbox!

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

All of these personalities seem so much more fleshed out than their 2001 personalities. Kopaka isn't just a loner, he also has a strict moral code and is kinda clumsy. Gali isn't just calm, she also has a terrible sense of humor. I'm loving these new actual characters as opposed to the previous 2 dimensional characters.

Provided that they didn't just tack a two-bit personality onto 2001's one-bit, I am very pleased.

• Upvote 3

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

The new heads have noses! Kanohi connects from the sides of the head

Bionicle Noses confirmed

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

Oh hey that reminds me, you can all talk about the sets that you were all politely pretending to know nothing about.

Can we talk Protectors and Spiders yet?

Spiders are visible on the website already but the small sets aren't. I don't think you can discuss Protectors yet but I could be wrong

Ahh yes, good call

Spoiler Alert

Okay, I wasn't sure that I would like the new designs, as they seem kind of bulky, and if this version of Tahu is the new standard, well...

Alright, he looks bulky, like if Tahu Nuva's armour were poorly fitted. I am not sure that I like that for some toa(like for instance Gali or Lewa, assuming that they are in the new series), but I think that I might grow to like this redesign, eventually...

Eh, he does look kind of cool though, maybe more of a heavily armoured toa than his Mata or even Nuva counterparts... Yeah, I think I can grow to love this.

EDIT: Okay, so now I saw the LEGO Bionicle website, can I just retract the whole thing about me being uncertain about the new character designs? Because I'm totally retracting my statement about being uncertain about the new character designs. The only thing I'm unsure about now is which one to get first, 'cause there is no way I'm not buying all of them.

Edited by The Undertaken

mnog3d_banner.jpg

biofight042_banner_plasmarun.png

-END OF LINE-

Celebration for the fact that they are indeed called Toa! I totally missed that the first time through since I've been thinking of them as Toa anyway (who wouldn't?). Tahu is apparently forgetful now. I must say, on the whole, I do like these fleshed out personalities. I just don't like that Kopaka is clumsy - that seems like a trait that better fits Lewa or Pohatu. Oh well - I'm sure they'll make it work.

I am incredibly disappointed that new BIONICLE immediately has gone the way of many other toy lines and introduced obnoxiously limited convention exclusives that go for ridiculous aftermarket prices...

So much for ever owning a clear Hau/"Tahu Mask"...

~|ET|~

• Upvote 1

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Edit: go ahead, discuss the Fire defender

Kopaka's shield does in fact become it's skis. All of the Toa have what the team calls "Adrenaline Mode".

Edited by Willess12

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

I am incredibly disappointed that new BIONICLE immediately has gone the way of many other toy lines and introduced obnoxiously limited convention exclusives that go for ridiculous aftermarket prices...

~|ET|~

On the topic of the transparent Hau, do we have any idea of how many there are? Like, is it "get it at NYCC or be the lucky one winner online" type deal, or will there be several online winners?

I love how Lewa's mask combines the color of his original mata mask with the aerodynamics of his phantoka mask.

also the first thing i did when reading the character descriptions is check the pronouns. and to say im upset is putting it mildly. really? still a sausage fest? 

• Upvote 1

bionicle_logo_compressed.png?l.r=-186523

~|ET|~

EDIT: sorry for respondng so childishly.  however i do believe that its cool to have such limited masks, it makes them worth more to the people who get them

Edited by Tentalones
  • Upvote 1

bionicle_logo_compressed.png?l.r=-186523

~|ET|~

is the ET also short for 'entitlement'?

None of that, please.

• Upvote 1

Spoiler Alert

My thoughts on the sets themselves:

Tahu: Awesome! B-)

Lewa: Looks okay.

Onua: Love his weapon and PURPLE PIECES!

Gali: She looks good too. And her mask is better than her 08 one as well. :P

Pohatu: When did silver become the color for the element of stone?  :???: He still looks cool though.

Kopaka: He also looks awesome, though his gold chest piece does kind of stand out. 

Overall, these are some great looking Toa Mata and I'll probably be grabbing a few all of them at some point. 

As for their characteristics, I can't wait to see them in story. As Lucina on the last page, they are more fleshed out than they were in 2001. I can't wait for the story to start!

Edit: Take five minutes to type a post, and it ends up on the next page. Welcome back, busy BZP. :)

Edited by Toa Smoke Monster
  • Upvote 1

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

All of the new set functions are just spectacular.

"We didn't lose the battle. Today, we just lost the fight." -Lloyd Garmadon
ninjago-green-ninja.jpg
Avid collector of LEGO for many, many years. Feel free to private message me, or email me at greenninjaatcp@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to help. A ninja never quits!

Visit the Mixels Wiki! http://www.mixels.wikia.com

Discuss the red small set, people!

Lego listened to us!

They took the animation style inspiration from MNOG!

Now that we can disscuss it, I must say I love that small red set.

Edited by Willess12

~|ET|~

On the topic of the transparent Hau, do we have any idea of how many there are? Like, is it "get it at NYCC or be the lucky one winner online" type deal, or will there be several online winners?

There are 1,500. No idea how many they will give away online.

As well as new solid gold masks.

15301756489_b30e915e9b_s.jpg

One thing I really hoped for in a reboot was getting everything. I'm a toy collector now and have no shame in admitting that. And with a reboot, I felt like I could finally "complete" the line when before that was so hard with BIONICLE. That's never going to happen now... already.

~|ET|~

Edited by Electric Turahk

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

~|ET|~

There are 1500 of those mask

Source (not me)

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTU5OFgxMDc1/z/YxcAAOSwdsFUNrLG/$_57.JPG

EDIT: ET was faster. :)

Edited by Kaxix

:b: :i: :m_o: :n: :i: :c: :l: :e: