OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Well, Greg says it's a reboot but the guys at the convention apparently mentioned the whole Vahi thing. Considering Greg isn't part of the story team this time around, I don't know what to think. Hopefully more confirmation this weekend or if it is meant to be kept a secret... it is very well-kept.

It will be funny in that case though, because BS01 will have two pages for every Toa and if they reveal them being the same characters later on... Well, that would be pretty hectic. xD

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

Are they going to reveal more things tomorrow or its over ?

My friend, it is only the first day of Comic-Con. I wouldn't say its impossible that more is to come...

In the time before time, the Great Spirit descended from the heavens, carrying with him the ones called the Matoran, to this island paradise. We were separate and without purpose, so the great spirit blessed us with the Three Virtues: Unity, Duty and Destiny. We embraced these gifts and in gratitude named our home Mata Nui, after the great spirit himself.

Well, Greg says it's a reboot but the guys at the convention apparently mentioned the whole Vahi thing. Considering Greg isn't part of the story team this time around, I don't know what to think. Hopefully more confirmation this weekend or if it is meant to be kept a secret... it is very well-kept.

It will be funny in that case though, because BS01 will have two pages for every Toa and if they reveal them being the same characters later on... Well, that would be pretty hectic. xD

-NotS

Greg did say it would become clear at NYCC, though this isn't the case as of now =P.

If this is a continuation, we'll have to change the system a bit. Two pages seems silly. We're going through some tab switching options right now.

Kopaka's shield does in fact become it's skis. All of the Toa have what the team calls "Adrenaline Mode".

So Toa confirmed for adrenaline junkies?

YES, this must be a thing.

I want to know what they tried to accomplish in Gali's horrific mask

Yeah, that thing is weird, to say the least. It's starting to grow on me though. 

Functions combined with the posability of the CCBS.? Yes please!

Personally I'm wondering how one would combine the functions with CCBS. I can't wait to get the sets and find out!

I wonder if we will ever get the MOUP (mask of ultimate power) in a set, it looks like its design is supposed to be a secret now, since it is mostly covered by that fire... stuff. It reminds me of when we first saw the Mask of Life in the comics. At the time, it was extremely generic and simplified. It only had more detail in the CGI animations, which was the actual mold.

Edited by TuragaOfVirtues

keetkiril.gifqSvBogp.jpgkeetkiril.gif

Greg did say it would become clear at NYCC, though this isn't the case as of now =P.

If this is a continuation, we'll have to change the system a bit. Two pages seems silly. We're going through some tab switching options right now.

It would be clear if not for those comments about the Vahi and time travel... I know the only source is TTV, but I'm pretty sure they aren't lying about what the LEGO guys said.

Also this tweet about Lewa from TTV:

Also, Lewa was originally the Master of Air bur they changed it because the color green was more associated with Jungle instead of Air.

Because he was originally Air, though, I don't think he controls plant life or something like that.

So no actual elemental change really. 

and there's this:

Lego claims it's a reboot, but a soft reboot. That's the exact words.

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows

tahubanner.jpg

It's nice to have 3 years confirmed already! This also leaves hope that perhaps we could see a TV show or (dare I say it) a new movie in later years. I do find it curious that they are returning to books and using them as the primary source of storytelling, considering that the books never sold well before; perhaps by containing all of the major story within them, Lego hopes they will sell better?

Regardless, I'm very excited! 

I think the web videos are the main thing: the books are just supplements for people who want to dig deeper. 

Which is kind of shame - Lego seems to be walking away from story more and more, although web vids and books were always Bionicle's thing. Maybe they don't want to change it.

Are the gold masks included with the sets?

Yes, I imagine so.

Or are they just releasing the masks made of real gold?

Gali has 4 axle-through ball joints more like I will buy 20 Galis

Those gearbox parts are going to be the bomb, yeah. They need to put those on Pick-A-Brick and LDD. 

Like the yellow spinner piece. 

There are no Matoran or Turaga on Okoto.

Looks like it really is a soft reboot:

The original Toa awaken without any memory and have forgotten that they are heroes.

Same Toa, different place.

I know I'm quoting a post from awhile back, but I just wanted to say that I will miss the Matoran and Turaga being in the new story. :(

As for what is going on now, with the time travel rumors and everything, I can't really say. I was at work when some of the latest news came to light, so it might take some time to process it all before i comment on it. 

Edited by Toa Smoke Monster

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I wonder if we will ever get the MOUP (mask of ultimate power) in a set, it looks like its design is supposed to be a secret now, since it is mostly covered by that fire... stuff. It reminds me of when we first saw the Mask of Life in the comics. At the time, it was extremely generic and simplified. It only had more detail in the CGI animations, which was the actual mold.

Personally, I'm convinced that the MOUP is actually the Lord of Skull Spiders. Check out the six projections on either side of it, and the six legs on the LoSS. There's also the trans-orange plates on top of the LoSS that might look like eyeholes if you looked at him from above.

The regular skull spiders are masks themselves, so there's that too.

Edited by Observance
  • Upvote 1

No one filmed the panel or reveal at NYCC?

I've been looking for it as well, but I haven't found anything yet. 

The BZP folks there recorded it, though it's not clear when it's going online.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

The sets look fantastic, for the most part. Tahu and Kopaka especially are stunning. I can't believe we actually have new BIONICLE sets again! :D

As for the story, I'm cautiously optimistic. Here's hoping for the best, and that the current confusion regarding its nature gets cleared up, preferably soon.

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

You know, after seeing all the new sets in person, I realize how much of a journey Bionicle's had. 

In the late 90s when Throwbots came out, it was like the Hero Factory to the 2015 sets. Throwbots set up the design for the Toa Mata, keeping similar elements but adding unique elements. Hero Factory was a good thing in my opinion, because it acted in the same way as Throwbots. Bionicle 2015 can only evolve from here. Although it's different, it's growing on me for sure. 

Words can't explain my excitement for the future!

• Upvote 2

kalija.png

all this is temporary.

Follow me on Twitter! @sean52711

I'll follow back.

Legit pricing and packaging. The protectors look pretty awesome, loving the colour schemes. The pricing is a little steep though - the Canadian pricing is truly devastating. 

-NotS

Mr. Skull Spider has 140 some pieces and is $15 and the 60 piece Toas are also $15. I'm baffled.

To be fair, he's largely technic bits. They're cheaper to produce than CCBS.

To more recent stuff: 6 x $20 = $120.

Save your money.

There are no Matoran or Turaga on Okoto.

Looks like it really is a soft reboot:

The original Toa awaken without any memory and have forgotten that they are heroes.

Same Toa, different place.

Oh come on, they're doing that again... Edited by fishers64

If there is any new info that has only come from TTV, I'm treating it with a grain of salt. If you call "seven entire jumbo peanut butter jars filled with salt" a grain of salt, that is. Believing information that has only come from a single source (and one well-known for their speculation at that) is silly. If TTV turns out to be correct, all the power to them, but I am not going to believe the rumors for the time being.

• Upvote 3

No one filmed the panel or reveal at NYCC?

I've been looking for it as well, but I haven't found anything yet. 

The BZP folks there recorded it, though it's not clear when it's going online.

I can't wait to see what they recorded. :)

pc0lX6T.png

If there is any new info that has only come from TTV, I'm treating it with a grain of salt. If you call "seven entire jumbo peanut butter jars filled with salt" a grain of salt, that is. Believing information that has only come from a single source (and one well-known for their speculation at that) is silly. If TTV turns out to be correct, all the power to them, but I am not going to believe the rumors for the time being.

TTV says when they're speculating though.  All of their info came from official Lego sources, or so they said.  The only speculation I can see is what we've made based on vague, confusing things Lego said.  I don't see how you can not trust TTV.  I will admit I'm a very trusting person, but still, they don't seem to be that untrustworthy.

(Unless it's April 1st, of course)

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

Okay okay but can we talk about the Detail for them three new masks though?? i literally had a freak out over the sheer design of The Mask of Creation. Now i really want them to make a Artakha set with the Mask of creation seeing as he's the one that wears it :P Im just soo excited that my childhood is returning but im not looking forward to the squeaky joints :P god they annoyed me with the glatorians and how stiff the joints were...

If there is any new info that has only come from TTV, I'm treating it with a grain of salt. If you call "seven entire jumbo peanut butter jars filled with salt" a grain of salt, that is. Believing information that has only come from a single source (and one well-known for their speculation at that) is silly. If TTV turns out to be correct, all the power to them, but I am not going to believe the rumors for the time being.

TTV says when they're speculating though.  All of their info came from official Lego sources, or so they said.  The only speculation I can see is what we've made based on vague, confusing things Lego said.  I don't see how you can not trust TTV.  I will admit I'm a very trusting person, but still, they don't seem to be that untrustworthy.

(Unless it's April 1st, of course)

Certain parts bolded for emphasis, since I will again state that TTV is the only source that I have heard being given for this info, despite how many people were tweeting and sharing information about what was revealed at NYCC. As for the rest, I have my reasons to not trust what TTV says.

My running theory is that the Bionicle people will be going to more conventions and handing out different unique masks at each one. The person/people that have the most of these masks will be entered to win the gold ones. 

Another thing that's getting me is their personalities are similar to the originals, but not the same. Kopaka is clumsy? Gali has a terrible sense of humor? Tahu is forgetful? All of these are interesting personality traits, but none of these Toa displayed them originally.

I'm not complaining, of course; more thorough personalities is a blessing. But it doesn't quite line up with these being the same exact Toa.

Exactly. I'm going with the idea that TTV is making up stuff right now. A reboot is just that - a reboot. A dog-bone shaped Vahi is not enough evidence for this insanity.

Current theory: Something catastrophic happened in the main universe that threw the Toa into the Okotu-universe (it could still be in the main universe, but out of ignorance, lets call it that). They help fix whatever problems are going on, and for the big twist, they return to the main universe where they fight the thing that threw them into the Okotu-universe in the first place.

That's one way they could connect the old story to the new one.

I'm not sure why they would want to connect them: that confuses new fans with 10 years of backstory. 

My running theory is that the Bionicle people will be going to more conventions and handing out different unique masks at each one. The person/people that have the most of these masks will be entered to win the gold ones.

Another thing that's getting me is their personalities are similar to the originals, but not the same. Kopaka is clumsy? Gali has a terrible sense of humor? Tahu is forgetful? All of these are interesting personality traits, but none of these Toa displayed them originally.

I'm not complaining, of course; more thorough personalities is a blessing. But it doesn't quite line up with these being the same exact Toa.

Exactly. I'm going with the idea that TTV is making up stuff right now. A reboot is just that - a reboot. A dog-bone shaped Vahi is not enough evidence for this insanity.

Current theory: Something catastrophic happened in the main universe that threw the Toa into the Okotu-universe (it could still be in the main universe, but out of ignorance, lets call it that). They help fix whatever problems are going on, and for the big twist, they return to the main universe where they fight the thing that threw them into the Okotu-universe in the first place.

That's one way they could connect the old story to the new one.

I'm not sure why they would want to connect them: that confuses new fans with 10 years of backstory.

I'm not saying I want that, it's just with these rumors of a soft reboot, I was speculating how it could work.

keetkiril.gifqSvBogp.jpgkeetkiril.gif

Long ago in a distant land, I, Makuta, the shapeshifting master of darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil (mask).

But a foolish team of Toa warriors wielding magic tools stepped forth to oppose me.

Before the final blow was struck, I tore open a portal in time, and flung them into the future, where my evil is law.

Now the fools seek to return to the past and undo the future that is Makuta.

Marry me.

• Upvote 2

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

This is getting crazy, someone needs to make one big list of things that have been 100% confirmed today.

Someone should do that.

They should do it.

And make it the first post of this topic.

I second this notion.

pc0lX6T.png

This is getting crazy, someone needs to make one big list of things that have been 100% confirmed today.

Someone should do that.

They should do it.

I second this notion.

Motion carried. Task estimated to be complete in several hours ago.

• Upvote 3

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

Someone should do that.

They should do it.

I second this notion.

Motion carried. Task estimated to be complete in several hours ago.

'Is ashamed that he didn't notice this before posting'

The plot's already getting a little convoluted.

I know. And the story itself hasn't even officially started yet.

Edited by Toa Smoke Monster

pc0lX6T.png

:shrugs:

At least it appears that they aren't stealing my fanfic ideas, which I was worried about for awhile there. 

I'm digging the Guurahk staff on Kopaka. Favorite set going away so far...

I have reasons for liking the inclusion of that piece. And they totally don't relate to my avatar.  ^_^

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles