Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Stronghold and Punch/Crawler - Before leaving

"We're on opposite teams," said Stronghold.

"May the best boxer win," responded Punch.

They shook hands before they left.

OOC: A short timeskip later

IC: Stronghold/Backstab/Village

I began rewrapping my plates with recently shed skin, as the ones I was currently wearing were starting to rot, and wearing rotten skin was a bad thing.

"So what's the game plan?" he asked, to no one in particular.

IC: Punch+Counterpunch and Alpha/Doublecross/Peaks

Punch sat around waiting.

Alpha, however, was more active.

"So who has a plan?"

IC: Exxan - Team Backstab (Village).

"Yes," I replied, "the flag is hidden." 

IC: Sliver - Team Doublecross (Peaks).

"I have a plan," I spoke up in reply to Alpha. "Firstly, we need to relocate our flag to a more defensible location."

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Shark / Team Doublecross / Doublecross Peaks Base

Shark and Silver arrived at the Doublecross fortress in time to hear Sliver's announcement. Shark crossed his arms and stood by Silver.

"Why don't you tell us your whole plan?" he pointed out to the Cyclone Rahkshi. "We aren't just going to blindly follow everything you say. Get the entire plan out there first, and then we'll see if we all agree. Otherwise we might wind up having wasted the first five steps building up to a sixth none of us are prepared to carry out."

IC: Jayar / Causeway

Jayar let Hoto pull away, reluctant. Was it out of confusion she doubted him, or lingering distrust? Was nothing capable of reconciling them?

"Do you still love me?" came his urgent response.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC - Homebase

Caoutchouc knew Exxan well enough to know that interrogating him as to the flag's location would be futile. His rather smug lack of expression confirmed it. He would just have to trust in the vacuumrahk's judgment.

"Well, I'll just trust your tactical approach with the flag. Let's just hope Fang doesn't flip out... Do you think you'll do better with defense or offense?"

...but close to it

IC: Sliver - Team Doublecross (Starnhorn Range). 

"The plan consists of hiding our flag somewhere they can't find it, then stealing theirs," I snapped back, "I can't specify much more on those two objectives until we've performed some reconnaissance." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Exxan/Era - Team Backstab (Farsholt Village). 

"Defence," I told Caoutchouc. "Strategy is my thing, and I can't fight for karz. Speaking of which...." I turned and called out to Era, recognising her immediately thanks to her distinct lack of eyes, "....you're level four, right?"

"Yes," she answered, confused as to why I was singling her out.

"Congratulations," I said brightly, "you're our first line of defence." 

Now she looked more worried than confused. "Why me?" 

"Because, you're a level four sonic Rahkshi. You'll hear the enemy coming, even if the rest of us can't see them." 

"Alright...."

I turned to the rest of the group. "As for the rest of you, we'll need scouts, attackers and defenders. What variations are all of you, and what role do you think you're best suited to?" 

IC: Sanu-Doublecross base

Sanu said to (Sliver) "I may be good for Reconnaissance, as if I'm seen I can quickly Teleport out of sight."

IC: Shadow-Backstab

"I'm Molecular disruption, and I'm good with a Sword." Said Shadow to (Exann) "I guess your being our team Captain for this deadly sport?"

Edited by Dragon11603

"But you just said 'I have a plan'" replied Shark coolly to Sliver. Then authoritatively, to all: "If you don't, I can supply one. We should split into groups of two (for safety) during recon. I'll go with Silver here," he gestured to his 'comrade.' "I suggest three other pairs be sent out; the remainder can hide and guard the flag. Upon return of the scouts we can plan further. Thoughts?"

OOC: This Silver/Sliver thing is going to kill me.

IC: Stronghold/Backstab/Village

"As you may or may not see by my skin that I'm wrapping around my armor, I'm a Limited Invulnerability Rahkshi. My skills tell me to attack, but I think I'll be better off defending."

IC: Punch+Counterpunch/Punch's POV/Doublecross/Peaks

~That guy's annoying.~ said Counterpunch in my head.

~Hush.~

IC: Alpha/Doublecross/Peaks

"I'll be willing to guard the flag."

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

IC: Sidonas - Visorak

After getting designated, Sidonas let out a silent breath of relief. He would not be going against Recoil. He told Recoil enthusiastically "Come on, we better hurry up!" And went to the base. He pulled out his Codex and turned to the map he copied as he heard someone asking about recon. "I'm good at distractions and Illusions. Need me for reconnaissance? I can make my way around wherever needed." Sidonas scanned the map quickly, looking at where he had marked areas where the nasty buggers known as Visorak would all be.

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

IC

"Well, we've got seven rahkshi total. I'm going to suggest a three/four split between offense and defense. Or perhaps a three/three split with a solo scout acting as a midway contact between the teams. Do we have any ranged fighters? They would be best suited to defense." He pointed to some of the ruined buildings. They would provide good vantage points...

...but close to it

"I'd argue against such a hasty act," I said to the other Rahk. "We should focus on defence first, before scouting. It's no good knowing the layout of the enemy base is if they've already stolen our flag." 

IC: Exxan - Team Backstab (Farsholt Village).

"Four defence and three offence?" I suggested to Cao, flashing some of my knives, "Mid-range is my specialty." 

IC Kat/ Blue Team:

The blue paint clashed horribly on my red exterior. I hated it immensely.

"Yeah. Let's move."

It was only a short flight to the base, and since my author was away all day I'd been one of the last to get paint, it seemed Exxan and Cao were taking up leadership roles. I wouldn't have expected Exxan to have a good head for strategy, but the guy had good instincts, it seemed. 

I hoped they'd hold out.

"I'll go be defense," I said, smacking a fist into my opposite hand. "No one's getting by me. Speaking of, uh.... where is our flag? Hard to defend somethin' you don't know the location of."

Shark contemplated this. "Numbers are on our side," he pointed out. "And the more of us scout, the faster we will know all we need to plan an attack. If we strike quickly, before they can be situated themselves, then we will have surprise on our side as well.

He paused. "But who am I to command us, if another can outdo me? Tell me, then, what you had in mind. Surely you would not devote more than 7 Rahkshi to hiding a flag?"

"I've already hidden the flag," I told Kat, "once the offence team has moved out, I'll inform the defenders of its exact location. That way, if any of our offence teammates get captured, they can't tell them where the flag is." 

"Let's split the team, then?" I suggested to Shark. "Half of us scout, the other half focus on hiding the flag and fending off any enemy scouts that show up." I looked to the others. "Does that seem reasonable to all of you?" 

IC: Sidonas - Doublecross Base

"You're right." He said to Sliver. "Set up some Rahks to guard the place with good aim to keep our 'friends' at bay? Who here could defend? How many good fighters do we have?" Sidonas said this while charting how long it would take him to reach his opponents, adding greater detail to his map.

IC: Hoto - Causeway

"Of course!" she burst out. "I just... "

She didn't want to say it. He had proved he could lie to her. She didn't think it was possible... but he did. How far would he be willing to go? Was it a mistake trusting him so implicitly?

IC: Tube - Library

But Tube didn't stop there. As soon as Whak was free and Deadeye was down, Tube ran up and started smacking Deadeye over and over with their mace, screaming, "Don't hurt Whak! Don't hurt Whak!"

IC: Fang - Base (Team Backstab)

He followed closely behind Kat all the way to the base. As the ruined buildings and a few familiar Rahkshi came into view, Fang suddenly stopped. He wasn't sure whether to feel more surprised Exxan was on his team, or that the coward was not only showing his face, but taking control.

He stepped right up to the Rahkshi of Vacuum with an accusing finger. "What do you think you're doing?" he accused.

IC: Rain - Visorak (Team Doublecross)

She didn't turn to their base. It was no secret, even to her, that she was no people person. So, after vainly scratching at the despicable X's and swearing revenge a thousand times over on Suvak, she wandered off with eyes fixed to her map. No one would be attacking this early, and she was as much admiring her art as navigating herself.

If her team bothered to look up, they might catch a glimpse of golden armor shining from a mountain peak far above. She was on watch. Not just for any bluebacks, but for one in particular...

IC: Root - Base (Team Doublecross)

His triumphal entry to the team headquarters was met by no applause or even recognition. Such a shame. It appeared they had their affairs managed. The flag was being hid, and the team was being assembled. The citadel was fortified by this one of two colors.

He turned once more to his loyal accomplice. "A h-h-hero d-d-does not sit b-behind w-w-walls and w-w-wait! W-w-we must b-b-begin our quest!"

Shark dipped his head in respectful deference. "Indeed, you demonstrate good judgement. That would be..." it was but a moment for his piercing perception to tally their numbers, "six scouts (that is, three pairs), and seven defense. This is acceptable?"

OOC: I'll write up Jayar and edit him in if there are no further posts by then, or post him separately.

Edited by Johnrahk

"I'm taking charge of the team." I replied to Fang, doing my best to appear nonchalant. "On that note, I think it would be best for everyone involved that you were one of the attackers?" 

"Sounds good to me," I had my bow drawn and an arrow in hand, just waiting for the enemy to show up.

"Sounds good. I suggest we get a few on defense to keep a watch, but have most of them set on working like a shield, defending the fort, so to speak. We could send out scouts in pairs, have one group try to see our opponents from up front, then have one go and scout from each side. Anyone got any other ideas? If not then I suggest we get to it. All you who can scout, to me. We'll assign pairs quickly, then head out when set and ready. By the way, anyone got an extra blade? We may need one, considering who we are dealing with." Sidonas rolled up his map as he said this, grabbing Hook.

"Indeed. But we must not wander off aimlessly. You - " he pointed at Vozorak, "get back here. We need to decide who is defense and who is recon." He looked to Sidonas and Recoil, then Root and Shield. "You two, and you two - you work well together? Would you consider taking up the job of recon pairs? Myself and Silver will be the third, I believe."

IC: Jayar / Causeway

"That is enough. Whether you remember every moment of your life, or nothing at all, that is enough." Jayar declared. He sensed her hesitation, knew he had broken "I've learned my lesson, Hoto. I lied to you once, and instead of protecting you like I had hoped, it hurt you." His voice was filled with that guilt again. "And that... is terrible to me."

Edited by Johnrahk

IC: Vorzorak/Sanurahk-Doublecross

"Ok" Vorzorak said "But I don't have any close ranged weapons I lost my staff, It got left on the gym floor"

Sanurahk suddenly felt very Guilty. "And you may not be Getting it back."

"Why?" Asked Vorzorak

"Because I took it, used it to make this brass knuckle, and Helmet." Answered Sanurahk, with much fear in his voice

Vorzorak wanted to kill him, but he may wait until they get back, he didn't need to tear the team apart... 

"I think it's glaringly obvious that the only person here that Fang wants to rain plasma onto is me," I countered, looking at Kat and Cao, "besides, at level three his powers only have a short range. I think there are others here more suited to defence than him."

I glowered at Fang. "And I don't want this team to live up to its name." 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Sidonas glanced at Recoil. "Yes, we're..close, you could say. So, how should we lay out our defenders? Designate patrols around the perimeter facing the opponent's base?" Sidonas looked at Vozorahk, calling out. "Someone got a spare knife to give this guy? All I have is my club/grappling hook here. Lost my dagger to the Matoran."