Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Tear - Hallways

Tear was skeptical that any place within these walls could be "safe," but for now it was either that or try to find her own way. Besides, Spindle had already shown that he would protect her. After a moment, Tear nodded slightly and stepped back to let Spindle lead the way.

IC: Canvas - Cauldron

Within moments, Canvas was bursting through the watery curtain of her home away from home. There was no reason to keep her composure here. She furiously flung the cold droplets from her armor with a hiss of disgust and kicked at a pile of scraps. "Why did we have to get stuck with this... blockhead!" She kicked out again, sending a metal piece crashing against the opposite wall. "He knows we're trying to help, and yet he insists on getting in our way!"

Part of her just wanted to hide out here and wait for the sun to go down, but she knew that would only make things worse. She had to go meet Xi's obnoxious brother with his ridiculous ultimatum.

IC: Tube - Hallways

"Where are we going now, Master?" Tube asked eagerly. Maybe there would be more heads to smash.

IC: Melody - Library

With little else to do while they waited, Melody sat down and pulled out her flute. The soft, calming notes washed over the Fellowship, just as much for her peace of mind as for theirs.

IC Vaalku

Nice, Someone else who appreciates music.

Vaalku watched the wall carefully as he thought. Fang... Haven't seen him around the school, yet... I'm sure he must have left. Taken some of the tops with him. No... Ol' brickhead wouldn't go, would she? I know those other two definitely would... And I'm almost entirely sure that the other Rahk is Exxan. But, where would they go other than the mainland? wouldn't they be found?

IC: Fate - Infirmary

This really was no time to stand around. My sigh ended with a snap of my jaw as I set my focus on the carcass in front of me. The body was haphazardly splayed on the table, limbs drooping off of the side. That just wouldn't do. Picking up the limbs and shoving them up against the body, I eventually got it straightened out along the table. I hadn't bothered to check over the body as I moved it, but it was painfully obvious as to how this particular Rahk was killed. A large gash in the shell gaped it's ugly mouth, big enough to see the kraata inside. Some bright and smooth metal lined the edges of the gash, the aftermath of Palma's attempted healing.

I unclasped the shell, exposing the kraata. There was still dried ichor on it, much of it crusted on the tail. It flaked and fluttered off of the body with every tiny movement I made. Some dirt was present inside the case from being buried with a compromised suit. I needed some delicate tools to clean away the soil without disturbing the body. Leaving it at the table, I went to collect a cart with the tools I would need.

IC: Sim - Library

Sitting there with the fellowship, Melody just beginning to play her song, I closed my eyes. It was a calm moment in a life of fear.

IC: Slif - Gym ==> Hallways

"Well, I'm done here."

There was no reason to hang around in this place any more, the workout was over and I was cooled down. Getting close to the exit, I heard a rumble escape my body.

"Oh, right. Food."

I envied the other Rahkshi here, they could go for days without food, but here I am stuck needing to eat at least once a day.

Edited by Coconut Fanatic

OOC:

IC: everyone

"I would like to join this school if I still can."

OCC: I'm new to this style of game so I'll be needing a bit of help here and there.

Welcome to Corpus Rahkshi! To start out, I would recommend you give the first post of this topic a thorough reading. As you are new to RPing, I would also recommend the BZPRPG's Starter Topic to become acquainted with the acronyms and format of posting. After you feel comfortable with those rules, you may join the game by posting a profile in the Student Register. The format for a profile can be found there, with a more in-depth description in the first post of this topic. BS01's Kraata Variations page may be useful in picking a variation, though keep in mind all characters start at level 2. Once Wyrd approves your profile, you are good to go. I hope that helps, and I look forward to your profile. :)

Tube slumped in disappointment. Palma's reputation for defending the Infirmary was well-known; there would be no head-smashing there. And they were supposed to check up on that nasty Rahkshi. "Alright," Tube groaned as they followed along a little more slowly than usual.

IC: Sliver - Refectory. 

Once I was happy with my supply of backup weaponry, I made my way up to the refectory, slumping in place behind the counter. Most of the rahks in this school seemed at least capable of serving themselves bowls of sludge, but on the off chance someone too inept to accomplish even that stumbled through, my punishment dictated that I was here to help.

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Wither/ Hallways

Wither was aimlessly walking through the hallways of the school. The past few weeks everyone seemed to walk, speak and do other activities in a very slow manner. She sighed. When she had just joined the school as an unexperienced kraata, everything had seemed to be so lively. 

OOC:

Wither is open for interaction

IC: Tear - Hallways

As the two came closer to the Library, Tear could hear some kind of... whistling. She had never heard anything like it. The whistle changed in tone, creating a beautiful sound to listen to. Tear was entranced. Her eyes moistened once more, but this time it was for joy. Maybe the Library could be just what she needed.

The promise of more evil in the future did brighten Tube's mood, and they picked up their pace just a little. But they still had to face the wounded and shamed murderer first...

IC God Twins:

"I am," Came the somewhat comically(given his now greatly reduced size) deep voice of Ezec. He certainly looked different now, though, no less intimidating, even as a Kraata, he was large, with chitinous plates covering his body.

"I must admit, however, being without limbs is most distressing. Have you come to gloat?"

"You would do well to think twice before doing so," hissed Aza.

IC: Tube - Infirmary

Tube jumped backward as the murderer's creepy sister appeared, but the calm face of Thurstaz helped them regain their courage.

How dare they speak of Master that way! I should... Tube's plans abruptly came to an end as they glanced at Palma.

IC: Tear - Library

Tear was drawn as if by a magnet straight through the Library doors and to the source of the curious noise. There she found an alabaster Rahkshi blowing into a perforated pipe. Somehow, through the air and the motions of her hands, this Rahkshi could control the sound. Tear earnestly studied the small motions, hoping to discover how she could produce the same effect.

But the tune suddenly stopped as Melody noticed the newest member of her audience. At first, she worried they had followed the Fellowship to the Library for malicious purposes, but one look at the small Rahkshi dispelled that fear. She looked as if she couldn't hurt a fireflier. Perhaps she was just here for the music.

"C-can I h-help you?" Melody asked with a kind smile. The teal Rahkshi seemed stunned and confused, her eyes darting back and forth between Melody's face and her flute. At last, she stepped forward and put a hesitant hand on Melody's, gently pushing the flute upwards. "Keep playing," she whispered desperately. Melody was happy to oblige her, and she put the flute back to her lips to continue her song. She glanced over to the other members of the Fellowship to see how they were taking this new development.

IC Spindle

If was as if Captain Door of the Backrooms had suddenly become invisible. As Tear took a step towards Melody, Spindle tensed, but it seemed to be alright.

There was a two-limbed Rahkshi leaning on the bookshelf who had definitely seen better days. Another one that looked slightly menacing, but nothing a good scare couldn't handle. However, they weren't alone in the library, and he was on edge each second, quietly toying with the side of the door as if to suddenly activate his wrist blade.

IC: Thurisaz / Infirmary

"No, merely to check that everything proceeded properly," Thurisaz replied, though not without a flash of mirth in his carmine eyes when he caught the sight of Ezec still trying so hard to look intimidating. "As it seems it has, I can now be leaving," he turned towards the door, "unless you crave my company further."

IC: Lucid / Library

The music was nice, certainly. Lucid, lying on a desk not far away, broke out of some typical dreamy reverie and sat up when it stopped, identifying the inadvertent source of the break as Tear. There was a fragility about her, Lucid decided - some volatile circumstance harrowed her. Intrigued, the rainbow Rahkshi watched her, gaze gentle. She would seek a palm reading at some point to determine more.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

The cart rested near the front of the infirmary, where it seemed activity was beginning to spring into life. The newly arrived guests stood imposingly, or at least, the large red one did. The smaller one hardly seemed a threat, though I didn't rule him out as a possible enemy. As casually as possible, but with an upright and confident posture, I made my way across the room, crossing their path briefly as I reached the cart.

IC: Sim - Library

Habit took control of my body, and a soft blue light surrounded me. My head remained the only part of my body not in stasis, as it bobbed slightly to the music. I cracked open an eye as the music stopped. Melody greeted them, and I turned my head slightly to face them more. As their hand reached for Melody I began to tense, until I saw them gingerly move the flute to her lips again. 'Oh my. That was cute.' I thought. They reminded me of a muaka cub.

OOC: More later.

IC: Blue (Infirmary)

Blue finally found the infirmary. "Oh, finally," he exclaimed then walked in. Blue looked for the nurse for a second, then saw a Rahkshi that looked like they were helping someone. "Um excuse m-" he stopped cold as he realized the truth. "Is that a dead Ra... Ra...Ra..." He couldn't finish the sentence before he dropped to the ground unconscious.

Edited by Bubbles

blueanimation.gif

As she played, Melody's thoughts wandered to what exactly this Rahkshi wanted. She didn't seem like she intended harm, if anything, she might have heard of the Fellowship and wished to join.

But Melody had no way to ask, not without disrupting the music the Rahkshi seemed enthralled with. But she had certainly attracted the notice of the other members of the Fellowship. Perhaps one of them would have more insight.

• 3 weeks later...

IC: Gaever / Nynrah

After waiting more time than was really reasonable for Pentalik to return, Gaever concluded, irked, that he wasn't coming back anytime soon. This was what she got for trying to be open to other people's contributions; should have known the only person she could really rely on was herself. At least the wait had been a nice break.

Standing, she told Blue that she was going to Corpus to get the food and a book about mortar that Pentalik had been supposed to bring back, then sprinted off towards the Causeway.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC: Exxan - Library.

I wandered the shelves, skimming over the titles and reminiscing on all of the hours I'd spent here reading. There were so many memories in this place, the only place in the school where I'd really felt at home. 

Allowing myself a slight smile, I picked out one of my favourites, carried it over to my corner, and sat down to read.

One last time...

IC: Sliver - Refectory. 

Refectory duty didn't wind up being all that bad. For the most part, no one even bothered me (mostly because of the daggered stares and cold smiles I flashed everyone's way).

Despite the usual stupidity many of these rahks exhibited, they were apparently at least able to ladle gruel by themselves. 

IC: Vyper - Gym.

Staff in hand, I waltzed back into the gym, breathing in the familiar, comforting sights and sounds of battle. "Anyone up for a fight?" I asked hopefully, hanging up my cloak on the nearest wall and starting to stretch.

It felt like forever since the last assignment, and I was itching for some combat.

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Vaalku

Ohh, this was too quick. He's here.

Vaalku stared nervously at the other Rahk. The more he looked at him, the more Exxan seemed to shine through... But as he did so, memories of Omega, Fang, and Caoutchouc came flooding painfully back. He grimaced as the memory of Exxan standing in the gym, the blood of Omega on his hands... Exxan tangled in his own spear... Him getting his own limbs ripped off...

Vaalku frowned sadly. He was just as angry at Exxan for murdering Omega as he was at himself for being such a fool. Everything he did was followed by this air of ignorance, this requirement that he act like an idiot so he could get something out of it. Even shouting angry threats at Exxan after he had ripped a student apart seemed to require a flamboyant tone to emphasize his supposed superiority.

Vaalku glanced at the shelves full of books on how to murder, fight, and torture, wondering how many students read those before going out to become murder weapons of mass destruction. What if Omega had lived? would his violent nature have led to him becoming something much more dangerous; a threat to everything that breathes? what if he needed to be killed later and couldn't be?

Vaalku tightened his grip on the shelf he was holding onto, crushing some of the wood. It's not about what could have been to justify this. It's about moving past this and reclaiming a semi-friendship before it's too late. He glanced at the stub of what was a shoulder joint, the smouldering flames that enveloped it for half a second when it exploded off of him still seemed to wrap around it in murderous delusions, the tendons ripping and the artificial bone snapping as the container of tears buckled and joined him in the icy plunge, diving below the waves and out of sight in the murky depths that once seemed so calm to gaze upon in relaxing, natural recreations.

Vaalku-

No.

No more Vaalku.

From now on, I'm going to make up for everything I ruined... Even if it kills me, I'll do it.

Wiping away a single tear, the one-legged Rahkshi hobbled forwards, with determination dancing in his eyes, as Exxan sat ahead of him, reading his book like a Muaka observing a carcass. He closed the distance as quiet as he could be, although he was quite heavy, always landing on one foot despite his attempts to stay lightweight.

"Hey, tiger-stripes."

• Upvote 2

IC: Exxan - Library.

Karz... I knew that voice. Of all the people who could've recognised me... There were far worse voices for me to hear, of course, but still... "Vaalku," I sighed, lowering my book, "What do you want?" 

Edited by The Old Master

IC Vaalku

He smiled slightly, pleased that he had been recognized. "I took the liberty of not mentioning your name out loud." He said, his voice slightly quieting as he ended the sentence. "That would rather ruin the point of the disguise."

"Yes, I know." He abruptly said, noticing Exxan's forehead crinkling as he finished his statement. "'Vaalku, go bother somebody else.' I'm not here to cause trouble this time. I'm just here to talk."

"All you ever do is talk," I replied pointedly, turning back to my book, "So hurry up and get it over with." 

IC: Slif - Hallways to Refectory

I wandered... turning corner after corner to new hallways, each as full of doorways as the last. I figured that the doorway wouldn't be closed, or even have doors attached, but if I didn't find it soon I might have to resort to opening each door I came across. The skin on my exposed flesh tingled. I was getting irritated, I could feel it. Nothing reassured me in my decision to come here. The books told me nothing, almost no one gave me the time of day to talk, or even fight and the one guy that did ran off.

Lurking down the hall, I finally passed the right door.

"Well, at least here I have something to eat."

Still plenty upset, but simmering down, I walked in and headed straight for the serving line.

I turned around quickly, but without appearing too hasty, and wheeled the cart next to my "patient". Just as I began to gingerly brush away the dirt, I heard a voice behind me, followed promptly by a solid "thud". Still being somewhat tense, I whirled quickly to face the source of the noise, only to find them face-down on the floor.

IC Vaalku

He frowned slightly.

"I don't need to ask who you came back with; I'll probably find out eventually. After you had gone, Fang, Kat, Caou... Ca... Rubberahk, and a few others all skipped town. I would too, if I could. I don't have that privilege anymore."

He glanced painfully at the stubs of his joints before continuing. "Anyway, I'm not going to draw this out in a stupid monologue to 'prove my point' or whatever. What you did..." He paused, his eyes darting slightly to making sure nobody was paying attention. "Is in the past. And I've stupidly held onto that for this entire time, slowly fermenting a grudge that I could never carry out, and never would be able to either."

"It was so cemented inside me that having my limbs ripped off didn't faze me in the slightest." His speech abruptly loss the cutting edge of pride that had followed it before. "Even when you were supposedly killed, I was waiting for the burial service, just so I could be satisfied for five minutes. No matter what happened, I was just too block-headed to see anything in a light aside from the one I was accustomed to. I guess... Being stupid's the only thing I'm good at..." He drew off slightly, glancing at the floor in guilt.

"But it doesn't matter... Soon, you'll probably leave - or stay and fight - and it won't be any of my business. I'll probably go back to being a recluse, and get killed by anybody with a few minutes to spare and a decent weapon. Yet, I'm not going to die until I've spoken to you once more, to clear this up, and to never drop so low as long as I continue to exist."

"So please. I've been the world's biggest fool on a regular basis, and I'm done. I'm probably going to die soon..." A tear rolled down his cheek. "The world will be better off. I've lost the chance to ask for forgiveness from Fang, from the others, so I'm asking you to forgive me. For everything stupid and idiotic I've done..."

He feebly extended his hand, too weak from the emotions to lift it any farther. "Please?"

• Upvote 3

IC: Exxan – Library.

The book was open before me, but I couldn’t see the words. Instead, I saw Vaalku’s words, practically imprinted in my consciousness, echoing in my ears, swimming before my mind's eye. I couldn’t think, couldn’t focus, couldn’t even string together any thoughts on how the karz I was supposed to respond to everything he’d just said.

Instead, quotes filled my head.

Quotes, recalled from the pages of the many, many books I’d read during my many, many long hours spent here in this corner, in this library. The wise words of Ko-Metruan scholars… the sagely advice of elderly Turaga… the advice of long-dead writers and poets… they all tumbled and twirled around inside my head, like leaves on the breeze...

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”

“I guess forgiveness, like happiness, isn’t a final destination. You don’t one day get there and get to stay.”

“Forgiveness in no way requires that you trust the one you forgive.”

“The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.”

I wasn’t weak. After everything I’d done, everything I’d survived, no one who knew me could dare to call me weak. But I wasn’t really strong, either. I was stubborn, and selfish, and even though I’d tried helping others, I’d done it more for my own sake than theirs.

So what did that make me, really?

“The practice of forgiveness is our most important contribution to the healing of the world.” 

The world meant nothing to me. My decision to forgive the poor fool or leave him to wallow in his self-loathing wasn’t going to magically change the nature of the universe. This was just between me and him… wasn’t it?

“Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.”

“To be wronged is nothing, unless you continue to remember it.”

And then it hit me.

Vaalku wasn’t my enemy. In truth, I barely remembered the things he’d done to me. Compared to the challengers I’d faced – Fang, Phogen, the Kahgarak, my own sadistic sister – Vaalku was literally nothing. A petty schoolyard bully in a world filled with sadistic psychopaths and murderous megalomaniacs.

He was nothing more than a minor nuisance. Insignificant, barely deserving of consideration.

But… if he wasn’t my enemy, was there even anything for me to forgive?

“We don't forgive people because they deserve it. We forgive them because they need it—because we need it.”

Perhaps Vaalku did need forgiveness… but not from me.

I closed my book and set it to the side, fixing my full attention on the tortured cripple. “I can’t do it,” I finally said, “I can’t forgive you. Not because you’ve done terrible things, not because I’m holding a grudge, but because the things you’ve done to me don’t matter. They don’t mean anything, so me forgiving you wouldn’t mean anything either.”

There was a small part of me that still wondered if this wasn’t all just some kind of elaborate ruse, but I’d changed so much over the past few weeks, and seen so many others change just as much. It would be foolish to think Vaalku couldn’t change as well.

People did all kinds of crazy things when they thought their lives were over.

“You mentioned Fang and the others… I can’t exonerate you for what you’ve done to them, either. I’m not the Great Spirit, I don’t have any kind of authority to bestow absolution on the behalf of others.” I kept my tone impassive, devoid of emotion. Just this once, I needed to refrain from being judgemental. “If you want them to forgive you, you’ll have to find them… or perhaps look inwards. Maybe you just need to forgive yourself? I don’t know, and frankly, I don’t care.”

Karz, that had come out a lot harsher than I’d intended. “What I mean is, there’s nothing you can do for me, and nothing I can do for you. Whatever closure it is that you’re looking for, you’re not going to find it with me.” 

Edited by The Old Master
  • Upvote 4

IC Vaalku

Expecting either an emotional or a rude responce, Vaalku was shaken to the core by Exxan's words. Each one hit like a blood-stained hammer, and any internal pride he had slowly crumbled to dust at the sight of them.

"I..."

He almost collapsed, but caught himself on the bookshelf. "I... Was just trying to do what was right..." His voice grew hoarse as his eyes slightly watered. "I never have before... And now... They're all gone... You were the last p-person I know."

A noise hit his ear. Not a real one; it was the sound of Fang dropping one of the tears into the water in anger.

"....."

"I cannot believe this." I muttered. I wasn't about to work with this weak-stomached mess strewn around my work space. Reaching down, I pulled the sorry rahk over my shoulder, much like I had only minutes ago with the corpse beside me. Thankfully this rahkshi was much lighter, being about the average size for a rahkshi. With what could be called the opposite of grace, I shifted their weight until they flopped down onto a second table, putting me between them and the corpse. There was a light thunk as they made contact, but I doubted they would feel much in the morning.

OOC: Fate interacting with Blue(Bubbles'). If this is a little too much interaction/bunnying, then I can change it.

IC: Slif - Refectory

I grabbed a tray, and made my way into line. Most of the students just grabbed their own food from the vats of... whatever the stuff was. I had moved about a bio forward when I noticed that a rahkshi had joined the ranks of the lunch servers. Interesting. The other Rahk just avoided them, but I was curious. Instead of scooping from the nearest vat, I lumbered on to the one closest to thwHOOAA kay, maybe not. The closer I got the more I attracted a death glare the likes of which I've never seen. But I didn't turn away. In fact, that little kernel of irritation that had been steaming inside of me decided we were going to go ahead with it. I situtated myself directly in front of them, and started ladling, very casually, and very slowly. I was a hungry behemoth, so the more food the better.

OOC: We can all assume who Slif is currently shadowing right now.

IC: ??? - Ruins on the Water

Where did... huh. Vyper was gone. So was Pentaghast. The misty rahk turned around, searching for any sign of the two, but they had both managed to leave without any sign of where they went. That seemed almost impossible, as Vyper had been in plain view the whole time, but she had done it. She must be very stealthy. They nodded to themself, agreeing with their internal dialogue. 

Well... their duty was to protect Phantom on the Water. Even if it was already gone, they may as well stay here and guard whatever is left.

What was left, anyway?

Their short attention span quickly turned it's focus on their surroundings once again. A sound broke the silence, and drew their gaze towards the river closer to the forest. Two moving shapes cut through the fog, and they immediately began to approach them. Could these be some of the inhabitants? Did they find a way to survive? The thought drove the white rahk forward.

"Sorry, but there's nothing else I can do for you," I reiterated, "Goodbye, Vaalku." 

There was always one. One stupid slug who was either too brave, or too idiotic to figure out that challenging me in any way was a terrible karzing idea. 

But this was not the place and time to go about annihilating people. So I just did my best to ignore their presence entirely, while doing my best to remember their appearance for later... 

Edited by The Old Master

IC: Slif - Refectory

I don't know why I decided to park my tail in front of this rahk. Maybe I had a death wish. I dunno, who cares? My plate was now piled pretty high, so I let the ladle go. I left with a slight wave and another trademark grin. Now... where to sit? There didn't seem to be any characters standing out in the crowd, so I sat down in the nearest seat, not really caring who was next to me. The mountain of slop that was slowly beginning to run off my plate began a mass exodus into my gullet. My empty stomach grumbled in delight as it filled with the admittedly disgusting food. I didn't complain about the taste. I'd tasted much worse. In a matter of  minutes the mountain was gone.

And I was still hungry.

I picked up the tray and headed back again, this time not purposefully shadowing the jagged-y one as I piled on another serving.

IC: Tube - Infirmary

Rapidly getting bored of the standoff between their Master and the creepy Rahkshi, Tube turned their attention elsewhere just in time to see a blue Rahkshi collapse at the sight of a dead comrade. Tube snickered at their squeamishness.

They watched as another Rahkshi (perhaps the killer) tossed the blue one onto a bed and turned their back. It was so tempting to have some fun with the unconscious one... if only Master would permit them.

IC: Canvas - Cauldron

Magnum Opus was quickly forgotten in Canvas' rampage. She stormed around the Cauldron, lashing out at random piles of junk, throwing her hands in the air and berating Hollow and herself for being so stupid.

But as she finally stopped for a breath, a new thought hit her. "But... what if Xi doesn't remember?" she whispered to herself. "What if he can't be sure I didn't hurt him, or even if he thinks I did?" The weight of Hollow's threat finally crashed down on her, and Canvas began to feel uneasy. She couldn't fight him off, not without breaking her promise. But she couldn't run from him forever.

Canvas fell to the ground silent, numbly staring into the darkness of the Cauldron. She didn't even tell Melody goodbye. She should have gone back to the Fellowship instead of coming here.

IC: Tear - Library

Something in the meandering flow of the music helped Tear to relax and let her guard down a little. The stress of the last day was getting to her, but here at least she felt safe.

A flood of tears finally rose to the surface unbidden, and Tear dropped her head into her hands wearily, her body wracked with large, quiet sobs. She didn't know where she was. She didn't even know who she was anymore. Though "Tare" was still a life apart from hers, the weight of his crimes was crushing her.

Tear hardly noticed as the music broke off in a sour note, and the white Rahkshi carefully bent down to wrap her arms around her. Mother used to hold her like that, on the days when her fears and confusions overcame her. "W-we're here f-for y-you," she heard the white Rahkshi stammer, and Tear returned the comforting embrace.

Melody wasn't sure what to make of this Rahkshi, but something had been wearing at her beyond all endurance, and as far as Melody was concerned, she had come to the Fellowship to help. For now, it seemed enough to just hold her, but she wanted to know what more she could do.

That same rahk who'd been staring me down earlier was back, for reasons that were quite beyond my comprehension. I couldn't even begin to imagine why anyone would deliberately eat so much of the bland, tasteless slop, let alone come back for seconds afterwards... 

IC Vaalku

"...If nothing else, take my advice." He furiously tried to fight back his emotions. "Leave. Get out of here, this place, this school, before you end up like me or worse. If I had my leg still I'd be long gone. And we've already got too many corpses behind the curtain."

He turned, slowly hobbling off due to his arm crossing his chest in order to grab the bookshelf. "If you ever run across an extra electricity Rahk or two... You know where to find me."