Student Register

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

Losing Control

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Oh, Illusive, how annoying you really are.

What? Is this because he got in a fight with some Matoran while Phantom was busy killing the R's.

Just imagine how angry Phantom is going to get when he hears that two more of his people got killed....

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Not really a big thing, but I've been seeing some people confuse arrows and bolts lately, so I thought I'd bring it up in order to clear some stuff up.

Arrows cover more distance than bolts, and are for bows, while bolts are about a half to two-thirds as long as a normal arrow, and are for crossbows; the two really aren't all that interchangeable. While an argument could be made that the weapons could be specifically created to fire ammo of the other type, a crossbow that fired arrows would be unnecessarily large and cumbersome, which would affect its manueverability, while a bow that shot bolts would make its wielder look more like a Cherub (a.k.a. Cupid) than a terrifying killing machine.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

A lot of people seem to have issues understanding general things about bows and arrows. If I had a dollar for every character in this game who just pulled the arrow out of their body and kept fighting.....  

I'm thinking one of my characters should take up archery and use barbed arrows.... maybe Era. 

A lot of people seem to have issues understanding general things about bows and arrows. If I had a dollar for every character in this game who just pulled the arrow out of their body and kept fighting.....  

Hah! I have roped arrows! I dont need to go over and pull em out, I have a reel to pull em back!

Hah! I have roped arrows! I dont need to go over and pull em out, I have a reel to pull em back!

Of course, the ropes would have to be incredibly thin, otherwise they'd weigh down the arrow too much for it to be particularly effective at mid/long distance. Naturally, if that were the case, said ropes could quite easily be broken. 

I just realized that use have a Rahkshi Staff of Shapeshifting?

Technically characters don't start off with one. You'd have to get one ingame.

And the crossbow could basically act in the same way as a grapple gun. It just has more offensive value.

Maybe I could do that with Bullseye's and Toxin's grapple guns.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

It would probably just be a powerless replica, then. 

Of course, the ropes would have to be incredibly thin, otherwise they'd weigh down the arrow too much for it to be particularly effective at mid/long distance. Naturally, if that were the case, said ropes could quite easily be broken. 

Darn your logic!

It would probably just be a powerless replica, then. 

and does that mean I cant transform?

Wait, I can transform! I just read it on Biosector! Just my powers are weakened without the staff, so what does that mean for shapshifting?

No, you can't. 

. At level 2 a Shapeshifting Kraata can "slither through the smallest passages."

Did you read the Kraata powers chart?

http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/Kraata_Variations

Check level two Shapeshifting (that's what you are.) You can probably stretch a bit, I might even say go so far as to say you could grow blades out of your fists, Wolverine style, but becoming a magma beast, or a Manas, or a Tarakava, is not going to happen. Sorry.

Edit: The Ninja King strikes again.

Edited by Johnrahk

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC: Mantis

Mantis could no longer keep quiet, and his screams pierced the air. His opponent had said no controlling the gym... he'd brought it down on himself.

Fighting through the pain, Mantis willed six thick pikes to emerge out of the chambers walls, aiming to stab Rail just enough to get him to let go and let them continue battle.

Dude, you can't use the gym to directly attack people. That's just plain unfair. Besides, Rail only created those walls to stop other people interfering in the fight; he didn't break his word to Mantis.

Edit: The Ninja King strikes again.

Kneel before me. 

Mantis could no longer keep quiet, and his screams pierced the air. His opponent had said no controlling the gym... he'd brought it down on himself.

Fighting through the pain, Mantis willed six thick pikes to emerge out of the chambers walls, aiming to stab Rail just enough to get him to let go and let them continue battle.

Dude, you can't use the gym to directly attack people. That's just plain unfair. Besides, Rail only created those walls to stop other people interfering in the fight; he didn't break his word to Mantis.

Technically there are just 2 times in which Rail has transformed the wall into spikes to impale someone.

cough cough Zex cough cough

:( nato y u do dis

Technically there are just 2 times in which Rail has transformed the wall into spikes to impale someone.

Yes. And sometime after that, we all agreed here in this topic that using the gym to directly attack/defend was unfair. 

:( nato y u do dis

Because I'm cruel.

IC: Xara - Student Register.

"Honour?" [continued laughter] 

I actually disagree with this.

Creating a terrain hazard in an attempt to throw an opponent off of their game is technically still an attack, no matter what angle you look at it from. Whether it's spikes coming from the walls, moving pillars that try to crush people in between them, or simply manipulating the floor so that a falling adversary lands in a pool of acid, these are still direct attempts to use the gym to damage a foe, thus treating the gym as a weapon. Under that previous statement, the remaining things we'd be able to do with it (such as slightly changing a character's elevation or creating more adhesive surfaces beneath their feet) would be so miniscule and unnecessary that we might as well not be using the room's functionality at all.

What I actually agreed to back when that conversation was taking place, was that the gym shouldn't be used to block attacks unrealistically (insta-walling a projectile so that it doesn't hit you would be a fine example of this), since the gym couldn't react fast enough to prevent an attack in progress. Since Aerixx did not do that, I personally have no issues with the way he attacked because it wasn't an auto-hit and it was completely and realistically dodgeable, thus keeping the attack inside the realm of fair play.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

I actually disagree with this.

Creating a terrain hazard in an attempt to throw an opponent off of their game is technically still an attack, no matter what angle you look at it from. Whether it's spikes coming from the walls, moving pillars that try to crush people in between them, or simply manipulating the floor so that a falling adversary lands in a pool of acid, these are still direct attempts to use the gym to damage a foe, thus treating the gym as a weapon. 

I've always thought that the gym could only create stationary objects, to be honest. Nothing that moves after its finished.... growing.... or whatever it is the gym does to create them. 

As I understand it, (and maybe we should get a final ruling from Ultron to settle this once and for all) the agreement was to stop using the gym to directly intervene in fights: blocking attacks, and delivering them.

For example, there's a difference between summoning up a wall and hiding behind it, and creating a wall in front of you just in time to block an enemy's attack. Likewise, creating some spikes on the wall and trying to push your opponent into them is different to creating spikes that grow towards your opponent while you try to hold them still. 

The gym is supposed to be the ground the students fight on, not an active participant in their battles.