Diskussion und Panzer

Not Quite Dead

(That was my Tex-style approval)

Please don't ever do that again. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Not pointing this out as a flaw or anything, but for future reference, only one character's profile has to have the full Armor Profile attached to it (at least to my knowledge, anyway). So in other words, since the specifications for Destiny were already added onto Skyra's, all Silvan had to do for Kaela's was fill in the Armor section of her profile to let us know that she was a crew member for that particular vehicle.

With that out of the way, I second Tiragath's approval for both, even though you technically don't need it. Happy trails. :)

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

#Ghost Town.

Cue tumbleweeds.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Just realised it's been a while since I last posted as Lufon, so I'm going to try to get that plotline moving again. 

Once timageness is ready to set his half of the plan in motion, things will probably get quite interesting around here...

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I've played my hand.

Whether Miras wants Lohi to be a part of it or not is entirely up to him.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Well his options are pretty much "do it", or "rot in a cell and wait to be executed", aren't they? 

Those are the options that Rickert is currently giving him in-game, yes, but those are also the two options he most likely expects to happen, given the current situation.

In actuality, since events inside of an RPG are usually decided by a series of actions and reactions, Miras basically has a plethora of options at his disposal that could potentially advance the story, some of which I can expect and plan for and others which keep me on my toes and force me to improvise. Because of this, I see the interactions between a Player and a GM (and Players in general) as more akin to a game of Chess; sure, one side eventually comes out on top, but it's the individual actions of the two opponents that determine which pieces still remain on the board when the game is over.

So in other words, when I finish my posts (GM or otherwise), I'm essentially handing someone else a piece of the story to write themselves, and they can take it and modify it however they see fit (within reason, of course :)). That way, Miras could theoretically create a third, forth, or fifth option for Lohi himself, even though taking Rickert up on his offer could eventually lead up to something he may find equally as interesting.

• Upvote 1

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

That was very well put, I must say. 

• 2 weeks later...

At long last, we may finally get to see what lies within Pharos...

So far, a bunch of somewhat complete treasure maps have been floating around the more populated areas, detailing locations that may or may not hold certain items of interest. Here's a (hopefully) complete list of what's been discovered so far and by whom:

Burial: The ruins of an old fortress near the sea which previously held a sentient sword of the same name. Discovered by the Treize Expeditionary Force, and said sword is now in the possession of the Cy-Matoran Shard, who are currently fighting a sentient tree monster (alongside another group, also from Treize, who were sent to rescue them) on their way towards Ascension.

Ascension: An ancient center of knowledge initially discovered by Oblitus (one of Nato's characters, who has recently arrived at Pharos). The AI there sent him on a quest to locate the heart of a "god" (Toa), and upon the return of him and his accomplices, were "awarded" Toa Stones for their efforts. Said AI then built itself a body using what they recovered for it, resolved to take over the island, and fought and (possibly) killed Turaga Matoro down in the basement levels before the facility itself self-destructed.

Dragon: Located near a network of underground tunnels populated by two groups of surface-dwelling people, and previous location of the partially organic, multi-piloted Dragon Exo-Suit. The artifact was transported into said tunnels by the Hadals (one of the surface-dwelling groups) before being discovered by Lufon Vance (another of Nato's characters) and a squad from Vingt. Vance himself is now over in Seize trying to orchestrate a war between them and Treize, and the Hadals are currently heading towards Treize themselves in an attempt to (possibly) attack the city. As far as I know, the actual Dragon site has yet to be discovered.

Circadian: Currently has two groups there, though the crew of the Jatikko have gotten the farthest after being captured by the bandit Stiehl and his men, who are now all dead. Recently, they came into possession of a very familiar mask (which may or may not have been used in an attempt to defeat six particular enemies of the Toa Nuva over in the main continuity), and are currently confronting said mask's mysterious previous owner.

Besides this, some of the other PCs have bounties on their heads, and Seize is cooking up something particularly nasty as well; the first stage of which will actually be revealed in Lohi's next GM Post. After that, people should have another facet of the game to play around with in addition to the remainder of the sites just waiting to be discovered. Hopefully this was enough to catch you up!

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

...and fought and (possibly) killed Turaga Matoro down in the basement levels before the facility itself self-destructed.

Pretty sure Matoro was actually the one who set off the self-destruct, so yeah, he's almost definitely dead. Poor guy seems to get killed in absolutely everything he appears in. 

...the Hadals (one of the surface-dwelling groups) are currently heading towards Treize themselves in an attempt to (possibly) attack the city.

Okay... I'm clearly doing a rubbish job of being a co-GM here... when the heck did this happen?

The last time I remember seeing the Hadals appear IC was when Cor encountered a group of them in a canyon on her way to Neuf - pretty much in the opposite direction to both Dragon and Treize. 

Actually, you're doing better than you think.

The Hadal Army is currently outside of Neuf, preparing to eventually invade. My mistake.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

And so it begins...

Just a heads up, but I probably might not be on much this Sunday, considering it's my mom's birthday and I'm going back up to NH for a week to visit my dad.

I also don't know what the internet situation up at his place is going to be like, so there's also the possibility that I won't be on much or even at all during that time. Apologies in advance to those waiting for me to post something.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

• 4 weeks later...

IC: Shard/Frozen in time while waiting for Elerc and Doseki

THIS SUCKS.

In other words, it's been a couple months since the last Treize Exploratory Group has gotten a GM post. Please pm Manhunter and the player of Doseki please, Timageness. And if they stopped playing/caring, then continue please. If no one's going to continue the mission, then I'll have no choice but to leave this game. Or keep Shard frozen in time forever.

I know I've been guilty of this in the past, but this sounds like an issue that could be better addressed via PM. 

So far, a bunch of somewhat complete treasure maps have been floating around the more populated areas, detailing locations that may or may not hold certain items of interest. Here's a (hopefully) complete list of what's been discovered so far and by whom:

Burial: The ruins of an old fortress near the sea which previously held a sentient sword of the same name. Discovered by the Treize Expeditionary Force, and said sword is now in the possession of the Cy-Matoran Shard, who are currently fighting a sentient tree monster (alongside another group, also from Treize, who were sent to rescue them) on their way towards Ascension.

Ascension: An ancient center of knowledge initially discovered by Oblitus (one of Nato's characters, who has recently arrived at Pharos). The AI there sent him on a quest to locate the heart of a "god" (Toa), and upon the return of him and his accomplices, were "awarded" Toa Stones for their efforts. Said AI then built itself a body using what they recovered for it, resolved to take over the island, and fought and (possibly) killed Turaga Matoro down in the basement levels before the facility itself self-destructed.

Dragon: Located near a network of underground tunnels populated by two groups of surface-dwelling people, and previous location of the partially organic, multi-piloted Dragon Exo-Suit. The artifact was transported into said tunnels by the Hadals (one of the surface-dwelling groups) before being discovered by Lufon Vance (another of Nato's characters) and a squad from Vingt. Vance himself is now over in Seize trying to orchestrate a war between them and Treize, and the Hadals are currently heading towards Treize themselves in an attempt to (possibly) attack the city. As far as I know, the actual Dragon site has yet to be discovered.

Circadian: Currently has two groups there, though the crew of the Jatikko have gotten the farthest after being captured by the bandit Stiehl and his men, who are now all dead. Recently, they came into possession of a very familiar mask (which may or may not have been used in an attempt to defeat six particular enemies of the Toa Nuva over in the main continuity), and are currently confronting said mask's mysterious previous owner.

Besides this, some of the other PCs have bounties on their heads, and Seize is cooking up something particularly nasty as well; the first stage of which will actually be revealed in Lohi's next GM Post. After that, people should have another facet of the game to play around with in addition to the remainder of the sites just waiting to be discovered. Hopefully this was enough to catch you up!

Ooh, how can i get Akada into this Seize business?

I know I've been guilty of this in the past, but this sounds like an issue that could be better addressed via PM. 

Well, this issue technically does affect everyone else in the Treize Group as well, and the Discussion Topic is generally used to fill people in on what's going on with the game, so I don't really see the harm in addressing something like this here.

IC: Shard/Frozen in time while waiting for Elerc and Doseki

THIS SUCKS.

In other words, it's been a couple months since the last Treize Exploratory Group has gotten a GM post. Please pm Manhunter and the player of Doseki please, Timageness. And if they stopped playing/caring, then continue please. If no one's going to continue the mission, then I'll have no choice but to leave this game. Or keep Shard frozen in time forever.

Believe me, for all intents and purposes, I agree with you wholeheartedly.

The reason why your group has had such a long wait was because I was still waiting for posts from the other players, and I was starting to get tired of doing so as well, so I sent out a PM to everyone who I thought hadn't done so (sorry Lewa, but I might've missed Hisuti). Do you know what I found out because of this?

Prowl hasn't visited the site at all since July.

Don't get me wrong; I fully accept that it was I who did not check up on this sooner, and I'm not trying to shift any of the blame his way, because frankly, it's not his fault at all. I personally felt that I was coming off as a little too impatient by checking up on you as often as I did, and I decided to give the group a little extra time to sort out whatever stuff each person was dealing with IRL before writing up their posts. In hindsight, I waited way too long, and I'm sorry that you had to do so alongside me.

As far as the others go, Lewa has also informed me that he's lost interest in continuing as well, mostly because of the wait, and has already given me permission to bunny along Hisuti with the rest of the group in case he decides he wants to return when the action finally does pick back up. Manhunter hasn't replied yet, so I'm going to give him a few days to do so before I go off and post without giving him the chance to whip one up himself. Either way, one should be up sometime before the end of the week, so the situation will be resolved soon.

I apologise once again for any inconvenience my actions have caused.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

I guess he'll have to keep an eye out for an opportunity, and seize it with both hands. :P 

I guess he'll have to keep an eye out for an opportunity, and seize it with both hands. :P

I have been waiting for somebody to use that joke for like forever, and then you go and use it when i am trying to construct a PM idea

Really

:glare:

(but rly tho noice humoar)

Well, the attempt on the Emperor's life will be at a public gathering, which I'm entertaining the idea of skipping to at some point, so there's that. Conversely, I suppose you could also enlist with the Seize Military (which may come in handy later, depending on your preferences :evilgrin:), or try to get yourself thrown in prison, though I don't recomend that third option.

Update: Received a reply from Manhunter, giving me permission to bunny Elerc as well. A GM Post for the Treize Group should be up within the next few days at the latest.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

That's eneuf out of you.

Edited by Riku Tryon

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

• 1 month later...

So yes, this is closing down.

I didn't have enough time and tried to do a weeee too much stuff and the momentum and motivation is basically gone, sorry friends.

Eyru will be closing the main thread when they get a chance, I'll try and get an epilogue up one of these days incase anyone was actually curious as to how some things would be resolved. This topic will stay open a little while incase anyone feels liking opining on things.

Edited by Tiragath

...but close to it