Matoran und Panzer

Not Quite Dead

OOC

I think I got this move right, please add the coordinates next time.

GM

8 ║K C S ♝ ♞ ♜
7 ║A ♟ ♟
♟ ♟ ♟ ♟
6 ║… … …
… … … …
5 ║…
… … … … … …
4 ║… … … … … … …

3 ║… … … … … 

2 ║♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙
1 ║♖ ♗ ♕ ♔ ♗ ♘ ♖
—╚═══════════════
——a   b   c   d   e   f   g   h

The black robed cleric took it's staff in hand and strode up to the spearman, knocking it's head clean off with a single powerful blow. Afterward, the white horseman continued it's march towards the front lines and the sole Jattiko crew on them.

Lufon and Kat would find a wide open area, hastily erected tents and generators dotted the perimeter and ancient street lamps had been jury-rigged to provide lighting, their glow cold and antiseptic. A wary quartet of soldiers observed the Dragon's approach and made sure an appropriately large area was cleared for it to park. Kat was directed towards a smaller spot.

Nighttime in Nomansland was really dark. The natural shelter of their chosen canyon and the fact that they were far from any civilization and their lighting meant that Cor Saeva's stroll was done practically blind. The scarce cloud cover had obscured the moon as well.

In such a situation, one's awareness of their other senses often increased, so a soft scraping in the canyon wall far to her right might be easy to hear.

"What a sad tale, Gamma. Why did you stick around with a bunch of maladroit and perpetually broke bandits? Surely their leaders couldn't have inspired some sense of loyalty in you?" Stiehl continued to eat as he spoke, not casting more than a glance at Gamma until he had finished his sentence and his plate.

"You want a piece of advice? Never turn down free food. It makes your host feel awfully spurned and spurned hosts are never good. They might decide to kick you out, or get bored with you."

"Pe Ell, Warrant Officer. I've been sent to this godforsaken jungle by the republic of Treize." He already sounded irritated, Kain had a way of doing that.

Being a robot(?), the protosteel crustacean did not cry out in pain as the fireball slammed into it. It had not had time to swerve or dodge, so it hit it full in the face. Heating the metal to a dull red and slinging sparks around the room. It lashed out one massive claw towards the safe door, tearing it off the last of it's connection to the wall and smacking at the floating Olis with it.

;A noble choice, Shard;

The voice stopped prematurely, as if interrupted.

;Northwest of here, there are people in the forest, I can tell. You might want to be cautious on the approach;

OOC

That's the rescue team it's referring to, Arctic.

...but close to it

IC: Oblitus - Ascension Basement. 

I came up with a plan, and these idiots ruined it.... I scowled inwardly, taking advantage of Olis' distracting the creature to slip out of the basement. I'd tried to help them, and despite all of their new powers, they'd proved how helpless they really were.

I was no hero; I wouldn't waste my time trying to save them from their own stupidity. 

I headed for the stairs, using my sonics to suppress the sounds I made. All I had to do was make it back to the tunnel; they couldn't follow me at their new heights. Besides, I had a map of this place, and they didn't...

IC: Lufon Vance - Dragon.

Mokoran and I clambered out of the giant mech/tank/monster and wandered into the camp. "Where's the commander?" 

IC: Cor Saeva - Canyon.

In a flash, my rifle was raised, aimed towards where the sound had come from. "Who's there?" 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Kain - Following Logan's Trail

Hearing no objections from his companions, Kain decided to proceed with words rather than bullets.

"Then Kain I am," the Ta-Matoran's voice spoke through the speakers as The Dreadnought gave a mock salute. "And this would be our little scouting party, minus Shard, the Skakdi, and that disagreeable Vortixx of course. They all bailed a little while ago."

A short laugh followed his speech, dying almost as quickly as it had been given life.

"Sorry. I just find it a tad ironic how we came across you here of all places. We're currently following the trail of our own missing squad commander."

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Lohi (Seize)

;_____;

"Why am I under arrest?" the Matoran said, mock tears coming to his eyes as Shreddah Klawz began crawling up the Relentless, now close enough to make a hit from the main cannon unlikely.

Edited by Miras the Omniscient

VBWj75sh.png

IC: Arkie (C i r c a d i a n  P u z z l e  T w o)

I move forward, the pike seeming to drag me along so as to be diagonal to the knight- in a position where I could take it. "Gonna do anything next turn?" I query, directing the question towards Zel and Ikira whilst I nod my head at the knight.

VBWj75sh.png

IC Tor:

she frowned, and took the muc away momentarily.

"Kulk, need ya on the EL. Vax, take the wheel, get us out of range if he swipes at me."

I turned back to the criminal Ga-Matoran.

"destruction of Military and civilian property, disturbance of the peace and.... would you look at that. wanted by Trieze."

"you come quietly, maybe we can cut you a deal, keep you out of their hands."

IC: Suko (Forest)

I continue skulking back along the road.

OOC: Doseki & the Desert RAT

IC: Doseki did not care for being ignored. "What is this guys problem?" Stepping on the gas Doseki accelerated until he was ahead of Suko then turned to block the road. Waiting there he shifted his RAT into park and looked over his shoulder at the Ta-Matoran as he came up the road. "So are you going to talk or just keep giving me the silent treatment?"

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

IC: Suko (Forest)

I clamber over the truck... thing, tossing the now-empty bottle into its driver's face, walking further off into the night and back home towards Treize.

IC: Lohi (Seize)

"Sounds good," the Matoran said, hopping out of his exo. "Got any food?"

VBWj75sh.png

OOC: Doseki & the Desert RAT

IC: "Silent treatment it is then." Doseki picked up the empty bottle off the floor and smelled it. "Now that is some nasty... How could anyone drink this stuff." Watching Suko vanish into the darkness Doseki shifted back into drive and threw the empty bottle out of the RAT before returning to the group. Popping back into the radio he asked, "Are you guys a military unit? Will Suko get Court marshaled for desertion? He seems to be on his way back towards Treize."

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

IC: Shard/Forest

I made it to where I assumed that Sgt. Logan would be. And strange enough, after I made my way out of the bush...I found my way onto a path recently walked. Upon closer inspection I could see there were footprints of different exosuits.

;What do you make of this Burial? Do you sense anyone up to the road?;

OOC: Assuming that he is making his way to where Sgt. Would be I assume he would be way behind Kain and co.

IC Elerc:

Elerc sighed heavily. Picking up teh radio, he sent a message to Treize, informing them that a Ta-Matoran would be heading their way shortly. Then he switched to teh channel set up for the expedition.

"Okay, we have a problem. The Venture's nearly useless without the coax manned, and my gunner just left over being told to shut up. Any suggestions?"

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

OOC: Doseki & the Desert RAT (Venture group)

IC: "I can run gunner for you." Doseki said over the radio in response to Elerc. "While it is easier to do with a man at the controls, My RAT can fire its Elemental weapon from the driver seat. I can provide cover fire should we get into trouble until you can reach your own weapon controls. Unless your beast requires two separate pilots?"

Onua.png

OOC: It's been a while since I last posted here.

IC (As Hisuti): "To answer your question Doseki, I personally don't know, I just joined Gregorios and Elerc for the bounty, but I believe Suko will meet some sort of punishment in due time."  The Ga-Matoran replied as she looked at Doseki and Elerc. "If anyone questions his disappearance, let's just say the rahkshi got him, now let's find Pe Ell to complete this mission." 

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

IC Elerc:

"Unfortunately, yes. The turret's got better visibility, and itd's take me too long to get to it.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC Kat:

What a load of Kane-Ra .

This whole trip had put me on edge, only for us to not run into anything except a curiously unguarded piece of extremely advanced tech.

I hopped out of Legion as we made camp, pulling on my pilot's jacket, and slinging the new high tech rifle I'd found.

OOC: open for interaction.

IC: Lufon Vance/Silat - Camp.

Silat was waiting for me outside his tent, "Impressive," he breathed, looking past me towards the Dragon. "You've done well." 

"Thank you, sir," I'd never much liked Silat - it was difficult to put any measure of trust in someone whose nickname was "The Snake" - but I knew better than to make an enemy of my direct superior. "You said you wished to debrief me."

"Indeed," he gestured towards the tent, vanishing inside.

"Wait out here," I told Mokoran, ducking to enter the low tent. The interior was lavish and well-furnished, made to comfortably accommodate the Bo-Matoran while forcing being such as myself to stoop once inside. 

"Take a seat," Silat offered, gesturing to a free chair as he sat down at a desk and picked up his smart tablet. After I'd forced myself down into the uncomfortable, undersized seat, he took up a stylus and started scribbling on the tablet. "Now tell me everything that happened while you were down in those tunnels after we lost radio contact." 

It took the better half of an hour to relay to him the events in the tunnels, from the ambush, to our temporary alliance with the locals, to our encounter with the Hadal, our discovery of the ritual suicide and the mysterious absence of the rest of the Hadals, before ending with our discovery of the weapons cache and the Dragon itself. 

"Odd..." he noted, "None of our previous scout teams found evidence of anyone living here." 

"Your Intel was wrong." I growled. "I would suggest a thorough exploration of the tunnels, but our main priority should be securing that cache of weapons that were in the chamber with the Dragon."

"Are you trying to tell me what to do, Vance?" The Snake hissed, living up to his namesake. 

"Just making a recommendation, sir. Nothing more." I bit back any further remarks. 

"Very well, You're dismissed." 

I rose to my feet, bending almost double to avoid putting my head through the ceiling. "If I may, sir, I have one more request."

"Yes?"

"The mercenary. I would prefer if she were dismissed from service. She's done nothing but demonstrate blatant insubordination since we arrived. Questioning my orders, undermining my authority, and showing nothing short of open contempt towards me and my rank."

"I see," he looked away from the tablet towards me. "Our military has always been a small one, Lufon. And on an expedition like this one, we need all the manpower we can muster."

I opened my mouth to protest, but he cut me off. "That said, I will look into this issue. Now go. Instruct the mercenary to come see me at her earliest convenience." 

"....yes," I scowled, turning towards the exit. 

"Yes what?" he susurrated. 

I paused in the doorway, replying through gritted teeth. "Yes sir."

"Thank you." 

I stepped out into the camp, spotting Kat playing around with her oversized rifle, and stomped over to where the disgraceful merc stood. "The commander wants to talk to you."

• Upvote 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Lufon Vance. 

"He's the commander," I spat, "if he wants to talk with you, you don't question why, you just do it." 

GM IC: Silat (The Snake) - Commander's Tent. 

"Yes, please come in and take a seat," he gestured towards the free chair. 

"Lieutenant Commander Vance i exactly the reason I wished to speak with you," he replied smoothly, regarding Kat sternly, "He gave me a rather disturbing report of insubordinate behaviour from you down in those tunnels. Allegedly you questioned his orders, undermined his authority, and so on." He folded his arms, fixing her with a level stare. "I'd like to hear your side of the story." 

IC Kat:

My nonchalant air disappeared almost immediately.

"Yeah, I questioned some of his orders, and more than a few of his methods. Most for good reason. Look, Commander, I get that I'm a merc and that Lufon is a soldier, but for Karz sakes, the man nearly started a full on war with the locals down there for -startling-us.

Never mind the fact that when we split up, he failed to check in as we'd agreed, leaving me alone in the maze with no telling whether they needed support or were just yelling at the locals.

In addition, when I suggested reasonable courses of action, I was disregarded entirely in favor of heavy handed and unnecessary tactics."

I leaned forward.

"So yes, I did attempt to undermine his authority. What little he had."

I sighed.

"Now, I may have gone a bit out of line, but I stand by my actions and I'd do them again."

IC: Silat (The Snake) - Commander's Tent.

"I see...." his brow furrowed. "I understand you're relatively new to mercenary work, so I'll give you this one warning: know your place. If someone does not ask for your opinion, then you have no reason to give it."

He paused a moment, then continued. "That said, it's a well known fact that Vance has.... issues.... with mercenaries, as well as beings of the opposite gender. Therefore I think it would be for the best to assign you to a different squad."

GM IC: Seize Military - Seize (Streets)

Just as the skirmish between the crew of The Relentless and the pilot of Shreddah Klaws had come to an end, the four soon found themselves surrounded by a squad consisting of three Exo-Suits carrying large spears and shields resistant to smaller projectile weapons, two light tanks equiped with the standard armament befitting their vehicle class, and a medium unit sporting an elemental gun affixed to its main cannon. A few seconds later, the occupants of the tank would soon hear a message specifically being broadcasted to them.

"Hailing The Relentless," the voice said. "Our apologies for taking so longheadquarters was having us run diagnostics when we got the call."

GM IC: ???

While the members of the rescue party from Treize were busy in their attempts to communicate with one another, ElercDosekiHisutiGrègorios, and Suko (if he hadn't put that much distance between himself and the others, that is) would soon discover that a strange and flowery scent had invaded the area immediately surrounding them, with no clear indications as to where specifically it was coming from. Before they could seek out its source, however, they were soon greeted by an incoming message that began to relay itself across their radios.

"Attention Rescue Party, this is Pe Ell. I have made contact with the remaining members of the expedition, but they are in bad shape, meaning that you'll have to come to us. I repeat, the remaining members of the expedition have been found, but cannot move towards your current position."

A set of coordinates soon followed, revealing a section of jungle that was supposedly where he and the others were currently located, had anyone actually bothered to locate them on their maps.

"Try to get here as quick as you can. Over and out."

GM IC: ???

As Shard began traversing his way back towards the direction which he had last seen Sgt. Logan head off in, he too began encountering a strange scent that had seemingly popped up out of nowhere, but it quickly disappeared almost as soon as it arrived, leaving not even a trace back towards its origins. What he did eventually stumble upon, however, were several sets of tracks which could've only belonged to four Exo-Suits and a Vortixx, a sign telling him that he was indeed not only catching up to Logan, but the rest of the group as well.

GM IC: Treize Expeditionary Force - Following Logan's Trail

If the remaining members of the expedition could see the expression on Pe Ell's face as Kain continued to fill him in on the events thus far, they would've sensed his displeasure well before it had seeped into his voice.

"So you're telling me that not only did you do nothing as two of your members deserted the group, but you then let your C.O. go off on his own after another one of you was killed and let Shard return to Treize on his own? How incompetent are you?"

"They had a tank," Kain said with a hint of anger in his voice. "If we had tried to stop them, they would've either rolled right on over us or turned us into paste with their cannon. And for your information, my job is to help keep these guys safe while they go looking for artifacts; not to babysit Logan when he decides to go off on a walk, not to make sure the kid stays with the group, and certainly not to be Sonia's personal delivery boy or pet Brakas. Heck, if it wasn't for the bounty on my head, I'd be long gone as well, not here in the jungle putting up with some Karz-Head who randomly jumps out of the trees and starts telling me what to do!"

Before the new arrival could respond or anyone else could intervene, the group's radios sprang to life, leaving them unaware of the fragrant scent that had crept its way into their mechs while the duo were bickering.

"Expedition Force, do you copy? This is Logan! I've come under heavy fire and I'm heading towards your position now! Rendevous with me at these -"

As the transmission cut out, sounds of gunfire could be heard in the distance, startling the avian life in the area and sending them flying out of the surrounding trees. A plume of thick, grey smoke could be seen in the distance, most likely coming from the source of the disturbance.

"Karz," Kain snarled, running off towards the battle with Pe Ell, Amaranth, Radicchio, and Dix not too far behind.

GM OOC: Just a heads up, but the rescue team are not in a position to see or hear the smoke, birds, or gunfire. The reason why will be explained later.

Edited by Timageness
  • Upvote 3

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Shard

I smelled something, but I quicly forgot about it as I found Kain and co.

"Kain? Is that you? And...did you find the Sergeant?"

But the radio crackled to life, prompting me to follow.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

He paused, "I am... unsure, at present," he replied finally, "I need time to come to a decision."

He waved a hand towards the door. "You're dismissed."