Patient Counseling - OOC Topic

IcarusBen

OOC:

Okay, problem. There's no way Eman could've predicted Jorik appearing in front of him, shiv at the ready. Eman's gotta get stabbed in some capacity. Please edit.

I've got to disagree to this. The post you made mentioning the shiv came after the one where Eman attacks him. You can't pull timey-wimey nonsense just to avoid your character getting hit. 

That's just bad RPing. 

Edited by Locus
  • Upvote 1

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

If it makes you feel any better, Icarus, I actually gave my brother a butter knife and had him jump at me to simulate Jorik's teleportation, and I ran through the motions IRL to make sure that they would all work, specifically to make sure that the kick made sense.

And they did; in fact, I found that the way I was twisting my body to hit his head with my elbow was naturally causing me to kick him in the back of the leg (since I was running versus standing still).

So no, I do not believe it realistic that Eman would be stabbed in this instance.

• Upvote 2

sigh.

GM IC Jorik:

Sadly for Eman, one cannot outrun a POOFing crazy man.

As Jorik POOFed through the halls, he finally caught sight of Eman, Jorik readied his shiv, and POOFed right in front of the sprinting Eman.

Plus, ignoring Jorik's shiv, there's still no way if Jorik teleported in front of Eman, who is sprinting at this point, for Eman to have time to react. It's simply not possible.

Here's a diagram;

24exbw8.jpg

Unless Eman can see into the future (Don't get any ideas) there's no possible way he could've counterattacked Jorik, and Eman's most likely not even expecting Jorik to escape his viney prison.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

Your first post says he simply readied his shiv.

You don't make mention him using the shiv until after Eman reacts to the poofing and counterattacks by swinging out his elbow, at which points he is no longer in a position to be stabbed. 

• Upvote 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Eman is also not attempting to tackle Jorik by any means.

They are:

-elbowing the left side of Jorik's head with their right elbow

-kicking the back of Jorik's left knee with their right foot

-trying to rip the shiv out of Jorik's hand with their left hand

---

You also did not give a distance for how far away Jorik appeared; thus, I assumed he had teleported a few feet in front of Eman, which would give Eman a bit of time to react. This time is still no more than a second, mind you, but a second is still more than enough time for someone to react as Eman did.

Edited by Lucina

Got to agree with Nato and Lucina on this one, Icarus.

If Jorik's intent was to teleport directly in front of Eman so that they ran into him (which in itself would've been tricky, since he could've potentially reappeared with parts of his body inside them, but hey, he is insane), then the fact that he desired that outcome should've been stated in the original post as if it was part of his attack. Since it wasn't, this technically renders that portion of the move invalid.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

I've got a simple way to deal with it. Let's have a look at this post-by-post, shall we?

GM IC Jorik:

Sadly for Eman, one cannot outrun a POOFing crazy man.

As Jorik POOFed through the halls, he finally caught sight of Eman, Jorik readied his shiv, and POOFed right in front of the sprinting Eman.

Your post clearly says that he simply readied his weapon, and teleported in front of Eman. Because Jorik clearly doesn't make an attack in this post, you have actually given Eman the time needed to react. 

IC: EMAN

Appearing directly before Eman was a terrible, terrible idea. Eman raised his arm and swung his elbow towards the side of Jorik's head, knowing that the other being would not have time to counter-attack.

Eman then reacts to the person suddenly appearing in front of him by making an attack of his own.

GM IC Jorik:

Sadly, though, while Jorik didn't have time to counter-attack, he didn't need to. See, Jorik appeared right in front of a sprinting Eman. Yes, Jorik had expected Eman to knock him down, but Jorik had also stuck out his hand, and in his hand was an incredibly sharp shiv. As such, Eman was stabbed right in the...

But instead of responding to Eman's attack, you try to godmod by distorting RPGtime - saying Jorik actually did attack in your previous post. And then you attempt to bunny the character by saying they get stabbed. 

Not only is this an example of poor RPing, it's pretty blatant abuse of your powers as GM.

• Upvote 3

I'm gonna suddenly appear and but in.

Can we please come to an agreement in the next few posts. We don't need to be bothering the mod.s again

I see no issues with our current discussion. The mods came in last time because the discussion began to digress from the original issue and take a turn towards heated opinions on a "controversial" subject.

That has not yet occurred here - and I would prefer the agreement made with this situation to take as long as it has to for us to all agree upon the logical and realistic outcome of events.

E: Ninja'd by Nato like an idiot

Gosh darnit Nato

Edited by Lucina

E: Ninja'd by Nato like an idiot

Gosh darnit Nato

I'm so sorry.... 

Ghidora seems to be siding with the majority, which just happens to include me. 

Just let me point out one more thing, and if it doesn't change your mind, I'll stop bugging you all about it.

Do you know how short a distance a few (say, four) feet is? When you're running, you cover that in such a small amount of time.

If Jorik had appeared a few feet in front of Eman, Eman would have little to no time to notice Jorik, formulate a plan, and then actually carry out that plan. Again, even ignoring the shiv, Eman would still end up tackling Jorik, not skillfully avoiding him.

Also, what else does "right in front of" mean other than "right in front of?"

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

Just let me point out one more thing, and if it doesn't change your mind, I'll stop bugging you all about it.

Do you know how short a distance a few (say, four) feet is? When you're running, you cover that in such a small amount of time.

If Jorik had appeared a few feet in front of Eman, Eman would have little to no time to notice Jorik, formulate a plan, and then actually carry out that plan. Again, even ignoring the shiv, Eman would still end up tackling Jorik, not skillfully avoiding him.

Also, what else does "right in front of" mean other than "right in front of?"

It is still far more than enough time for an instinctual counter-attack, which is precisely what Eman has done. Eman is not operating under any specific strategy; they are playing their hand as it is dealt to them. Right now, that hand is proving beneficial. 

If Eman had suddenly concocted some sort of elaborate trap for Jorik, then yes, your point would be valid. But this is not an elaborate trap - it is a series of quick attacks taking advantage of Eman's momentum and Jorik's inability to prepare (having just teleported there), that I have gone through IRL with other people to help me re-enact the scene. Everything Eman is doing right now is both possible and reasonable.

It's not just the majority that I'm siding with. If any recall, I alone defended the right for Vaalku to both make and play a harp with one hand.

In this instance, Lucina's right. Super God-Moddy powers are reserved for the Monster.

Although I do have an issue with Eman suddenly autohitting three times as well. Perhaps he could just angle himself and slam into him.

Edited by Ghidora131

It's not just the majority that I'm siding with. If any recall, I alone defended the right for Vaalku to both make and play a harp with one hand.

In this instance, Lucina's right. Super God-Moddy powers are reserved for the Monster.

Although I do have an issue with Eman suddenly autohitting three times as well. Perhaps he could just angle himself and slam into him.

I never did an auto-hit. I noted that Eman swung his elbow; Icarus then had his character ignore the attack, allowing it to connect. The attempt to grab the shiv is not an auto-hit, as I clearly stated that Eman was attempting to yank it out of Jorik's hands. If Jorik can retain the focus to hold onto it, then Eman's attempt will fail.

The kick is something that I believe should naturally connect; however, even then I have made sure to be clear that Eman is still swinging their leg.

having Sal confess her undying love for Fade.

Please do this

Ah, the conversations that went on in the Student Register this morning...

Fun times.

Provided for context.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Sorry to interrupt such an interesting and fun-to-read conversation here, but um... could you guys maybe clarify where you are and what you're doing? There's just a lot going on right now at the same time.

you guys should totally make that a thing by the way

BZPRPG:

Vergissmeinnicht

Active Characters

Inactive Characters

Mercure

Gida

Zel'Sai - Naberius

Skoll

Brickshelf

Scriva is unconscious somewhere, Caetus is dead, and Fade is in the new security office - wherever that actually is - preparing to leave.

Nyhe fired him, so I would assume transportation would be arranged for him to get back to the mainland.

Kotak, who magically swam in freezing water without short-circuiting his brain.

You know, I can't actually find anything on BSO1 that says the water around Ga-Wahi is freezing cold.

And even if it was, as Chumpu already pointed out, Ko-Toa have a resistance to cold, and as Tiragath has pointed out, MU inhabitants have always been able to swim without messing up their electronic components.

@Ghidora: I contest this statement by mentioning that Nokama implied that the recording device in MNOG could survive extended contact with water, and the fact that we don't have a bunch of dead Ga-Toa/Matoran/Turaga/whatever littering the beaches just because they decided to go out for a swim. This leads me to believe that most technology in Bionicle has at least some sort of waterproofing.

Kapura'd by Tiragath, and apparently Nato as well.

@Urchin: Sal is in the cafeteria, still stuffing her face despite the guards supposedly ushering everybody else off to their cells for a time-skip.

@To Whom It May Concern: As for Fade and Sal becoming an item, it was a joke, nothing more. If they were locked in a room together by themselves, you'd would be more likely to find one of them playing jump rope with the other's intestines (purposely left that part ambiguous for both Sal and Fade fans) when you came back instead of seeing them... doing anything else but that. And considering that I'd like it very much if The Asylum didn't become another season of Grey's Anatomy, I'd like very much if we could keep it that way if you don't mind. (You're welcome, Nato.) :P

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

These were a recent implant. Sure, Toa electronics may have been designed to withstand water and other such things, brain implants from new surgical procedures are not exactly watertight or water worthy.

I've never had brain surgery but I have had enough other surgery to know that even breathing on the area repeatedly is enough to cause infections. It's not sealed.

Plus, all that stuff is still in there. I knew earlier it was stated all the elcetronicas had no place in him anymore, but they couldn't pop out the side of his head without bringing his brain with them.

Um... Timageness?

Fade doesn't have any fans.

Um... Timageness?

Fade doesn't have any fans.

I know.

I just wrote it that way because I didn't want to start another Fade vs. Sal argument in the Discussion Topic.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé: