~T1S~ presents: The Okotomation-Style Creation Kit

The 1st Shadow

PM means Private message. It is basically like sending an email to someone's account on here from your own account. If you Mouse over a person's name over their Post and avatar click the "Send message" option on the window that reveals itself. That will take you to your send mail area. Fill in the message like you would here on the Forum and click send. The message will be sent to them creating a private conversation with you and they.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Alright, so I've got the Mask Sheet set up as a separate thing now (meaning I won't have a single large image that gets cluttered with every single update :P ).

You'll see that it includes three new masks and some side views.

Now, after seeing this, you might be wondering why I included the Mask of Charisma in this sheet. Well, while doing the side view for the Mask of Stone, I realized that the animation shared some traits with the Mask of Charisma, so I added the fin on the forehead, loved it, and modified the rest of the features for the other views to match it. :) Eventually, I will get around to other G1 masks, but that one was so obvious that I had to do it. :P

Oh, and I also included a new hand gesture. You can now direct your audience's attention to another part of your scene, or you can do cool things like this:

shadowmaster.png

Enjoy! :D

What program did you use to make the background and special effects? Can you also post a tutorial on how you did this?

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

What program did you use to make the background and special effects? Can you also post a tutorial on how you did this?

When I have a little time later, I can message it to you. It was actually a series of obscure online programs pieced together to make that. 

• Upvote 1

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

I got some 720p images of the Mask of Creation for reference; I'm not sure if they're high enough quality, but 720p's the best I've found, so here's the album on Imgur: http://imgur.com/gallery/XHp4Y

I have all those images, but thanks for the help :) What I really need right now is a front view of Lewa's mask. There is that small one in the comic-con group shot, but I'd prefer a larger quality image.

Also, I have the Mask of Ice done, so you'll be able to update that banner of yours, Miras. ;)

Edited by The~1st~Shadow

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

I made this Miru/Mask of Jungle if it's any help.

4NibBN3.png

It's based off one from an episode on the site, so it's pretty much the highest available quality.

Pretty good! Looiks about the same as the one I've got. However, I think the eyes on yours turned out better than mine. Perhaps I'll copy those over to it, yeah? :)

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

• 2 weeks later...

Would it be possible to get those flame pieces from Tahu/Kopaka/PoF/PoJ/PoS/PoI and add those to the kit?

They'd probably make nice swords now that I think about it.

EDIT: I.. sort of, almost kinda did it I guess? I know the outlines are missing, but..

Yeah, I can do those. It'll be a while, since I've been busy the last couple weeks. But I'll have you all know that I finally made a pointing finger for the Protectors! :D Lewa's mask (if I haven't already updated the first post with it) has been added. These have not been uploaded yet, since I like to do that in bunches. I'll make a side view of the feet, and then I'll get started on the Toa bodies. 

Question before I do that: Should I make the hands the same size? Or should I scale up the hands for the Toa?

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Would it be possible to get those flame pieces from Tahu/Kopaka/PoF/PoJ/PoS/PoI and add those to the kit?

They'd probably make nice swords now that I think about it.

EDIT: I.. sort of, almost kinda did it I guess? I know the outlines are missing, but..

Yeah, I can do those. It'll be a while, since I've been busy the last couple weeks. But I'll have you all know that I finally made a pointing finger for the Protectors! :D Lewa's mask (if I haven't already updated the first post with it) has been added. These have not been uploaded yet, since I like to do that in bunches. I'll make a side view of the feet, and then I'll get started on the Toa bodies. 

Question before I do that: Should I make the hands the same size? Or should I scale up the hands for the Toa?

Scale 'em up,

Well in set form the hands are interchangeable so not sure exactly why they should really be bigger unless the Toa sets are substantially larger than the Protector versions.

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

• 2 weeks later...

This looks like a really cool sprite kit! However, as I am a noob to the Bionicle Community (Started being a fan of sets in 2008, fan of story since 2010, started BZPower in early 2015), I do not understand how sprite sheets work, so I don't know what programs I'm supposed to use, and things like that. If you are currently working on the Toa bodies, I have a screenshot of Onua's Chestplate for reference. Sorry for bad quality and the message in the corner. Just ignore that. http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/SaburrTooth/Bionicle2015Images/onua.png

This looks like a really cool sprite kit! However, as I am a noob to the Bionicle Community (Started being a fan of sets in 2008, fan of story since 2010, started BZPower in early 2015), I do not understand how sprite sheets work, so I don't know what programs I'm supposed to use, and things like that. If you are currently working on the Toa bodies, I have a screenshot of Onua's Chestplate for reference. Sorry for bad quality and the message in the corner. Just ignore that. http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/SaburrTooth/Bionicle2015Images/onua.png

You can use a variety of programs. For simple stuff, MS Paint can work. Other programs like Gimp work, too. On the first or second page of this topic, someone posted a list of decent programs you can look up. :)

Ooh, good one! My only shots of him right now are kinda small and low-quality, so thank you for that!

And, yes. I've had some life-stuff getting in my way these last couple weeks, but now I have time to focus on this kit and my other works. :) So expect an update here in the near future. 

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

• 2 weeks later...

So, I've taken a bit of a break from updating any of my projects on here, but I'm finally back in the business. And to kick it off, here's the front view of the Vahi, as requested by Ghidora over a skype chat. :P

vahi.png

Side view was cruddy, so I'll be improving it later. :)

Be checking back for more in the days to come! ;)

• Upvote 1

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Hey, T1S, I'm planning to recreate the turaga's kanohi in a newer style and I just wanted to share what I have so far. I'll work on the rest of the kanohi and the side views when I have more time. 

kanohi_revamp.png

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

Hey, T1S, I'm planning to recreate the turaga's kanohi in a newer style and I just wanted to share what I have so far. I'll work on the rest of the kanohi and the side views when I have more time. 

kanohi_revamp.png

Cool! I want to say, though, that the Huna looks a bit dark. The lighting needs to be on both sides during front view, but varies on the side and angled views.

Tell you what, if you make and send me the templates, I'll do the shading for you and will add them to the Mask Sheet. Sound good? Or, if you can redo it a bit to make it fit the look properly, I'll throw it in anyway. :)

• Upvote 2

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

wow everyone is getting into this... All I did was try to make a Protector version of my character... I suck but this is really cool Liuth. T1S is also cool about letting you help upgrade his kit with your own ideas. Cannot wait to see what the two of you come up with.

Onua.png