fishers64

OOC: Thank you!

IC: Ken Render - Astral Hallways

The going was much faster with Night Stalker walking. Render kept his hand on his holster, though, just in case. "Well, it's never gonna be easy. But someone's gotta stand up for the little guy, y'know? This is just another bunch of bullies kickin' sand in people's faces."

~

IC: Eloise Thumper and Mara Quiver - Chargers

Quiver led Thumper using signage around the ship. Thumper carefully sat in one- the last time she'd gone to fall into one, she'd broken it. She fumbled with the wires, realised she was still wearing her gloves, and sat them on the floor with a heavy thud.

"Almost got it..." Thumper mumbled, before finally getting the thing connected to her Hero Core. She patted the charger beside her, which Quiver happily settled in, still holding her rifle.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC Kaiba Blader:

The Proto Hero stepped into the ship, and walked around the back of a robotic frame taller than himself.Copper and Brass colored plating adorned the Robot, and a Bear shaped helmet was secured to it's head. Next to it stood a Glaive, ornate and deadly.

Kaiba opened a panel in the plating and inserted the Memory chip, closing the plating once more as a dull whir filled the room, the long dormant robot coming to life once more......

"Much obliged, pardner." He couldn't hear any fighting up ahead, that was good. They must have handled the ghost situation already.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

IC: Epix - Kaiba's Ship

Not wanting to let the Prototype Hero out of his sight, Epix boarded the ship as well. While Kaiba was working on his companion, he quickly gave a cursory glance over its interior, trying to locate anything vital he could destroy in the event that the duo proceeded to gang up on him afterwards in an attempt to escape.

"Mission Control, this is Epix," he muttered into his comlink quietly, hopefully out of earshot. "If this ship leaves the dock... have someone shoot it out of the sky."

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Yofrid Atgeir

>Memory chip detected

>Deterioration of files detected

>Starting restoration...

>Error: Restoration unsuccessful

>Restored memory at 98.6%

>Correlating memory files to pre-set concepts

>Writing new concepts from memories

>Cleaning up malformed bytes

>Packaging of programming complete

>Attempting boot-up sequence

>Boot-up successful

.........,,.,,,,,..,,.,. . ,    ,,,  .. . . ,, .    .        ,         .

"Just be more careful next time, alright?" Yofrid said to Kaiba. Five of them had just come back from a mission in the far rim. "You could have gotten someone k,,..####...,,.##ow, I know, but you can't argue with the results." Kaiba matter of factly said, as he t##..,..,;##.,.##uppose not..." Yofrid responded. Kaiba looked up at her from his seat. "And it's not like you haven't ta##..,,#isks before." Yofrid chuckled at this. "Kaiba, you of all people should know that just because I did something before, doesn't mean it's the smart thing to do." Kaiba sagely nodded at this wisdom. "Yes, I suppose you're right. Very w###.,.,..#.#,.###re care for what I do next time we go out." Yofrid smiled. "That's all I a####...#.,.,#.,....,,,,,,......,,.,.,..,,., .,.,,..,.,,.,.  .,,.,.  .,.  ., ., ., , ., ,.   ., ,.  ,. , , ,   .   .  , , . .   . ,   .       .   ,       .

After over a century of being dead, Yofrid opened her eyes again, the sight of a familiar yet very much so different being meeting her optics. "Wh-who... who are... you?" She stammered out, her voice raspy and unrefined. She wasn't used to talking. All of her processes were as if she had been booted up for the first time. Everything felt unfamiliar. Every sensation. Every internal process. She was practically a newborn, with memories older than she could currently comprehend.

Edited by Toa Onaku
  • Upvote 2

"Kaiba... yes... I do remember you..." As she spoke, she gradually settled into a strong, commanding female voice. "My last few memories are corrupted... what happened? Where are we?" She turned to look at Epix. "And who is this?"

"Much obliged, pardner." He couldn't hear any fighting up ahead, that was good. They must have handled the ghost situation already.

IC: Night Stalker

"Don't mention it.  Unless you want to put a good word in for me in court."

OOC: What? Epix is thorough.

Turning his attention back towards the duo, Epix silently glared at the pair, letting them have their moment in the event that the situation would resolve itself peacefully.

He was still mentally preparing himself for the worst, however.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Villain Profile: 
Name: Lare and Gref, Mechna Tourist District Security Guards

Powers, Abilities, & Weapons: Both of these biomechanical security guards are highly resistant to electricity. That's because they work in the highly electrified environment inside the wall between the Tourist District and the rest of the planet. The pair each have a pair of small lightning rods on their backs that feed directly into their power systems, allowing them to draw power from that environment to power their robotic parts. These can be damaged, impairing their abilities. 

They are also very strong, capable of lifting a Hero apiece without damage. This strength comes from highly visible (and thus vulnerable) biomechanical muscle, not pistons. 

They both carry guns that fire electrified springs that pull robots toward them via magnetic force. Once the robot is attached to the spring, the system starts bleeding their power dry. Beings powered by quaza cores will drain slower, because the system drains electric energy, not quaza energy. However, most Heroes' systems convert quaza energy to electrical energy to power their brains, meaning that extended exposure would cause unconciousness. But most Heroes can use their powers to get away before that happens. 

They do need food to eat and air to breathe, being partially organic. They can use absorbed electricity to power their guns. Hero cuffs will shut their electrical systems down, but not their organic strength. 

Appearance: Two big, burly individuals with two small metal rods on their backs. Their flesh is scarred from other beings that have used their powers against them. Other than the rods, there isn't much visible metal, although they do have metal skeletons underneath the muscle and robotic brains (meaning Abacus could hack them). They have metal plates on their fists that transfer the electrical energy to their guns, but that doesn't transfer electrical energy to anything else so they can touch electric panels without frying them (a safety feature shuts that off).

Bio: Lare and Gref...are not too bright. Created by the Mechnan government for the purpose of patrolling the Tourist district wall, their job is mostly patrolling the inside of the Tourist District wall. Said wall is composed of two huge concrete walls with a large electric field in between, designed to keep flyers out (think Hakann's challenge in the Piraka animations of 2006 inside the wall, with large spiked poles making a crackling electric field above). As a result, neither are used to much combat, instead removing the robot corpses of those foolish enough to cross. Their biggest trouble comes from organic flyers who mindlessly try to force their way through, and ships insulated against electric shock (like practically any ship ever made). Fortunately, the government has other ways of dealing with those...if they WANT to stop that ship from landing. 

---------------------------------------------

GM NPC CIVILIANS (INSIDE THE TOURIST DISTRICT)

The second ship landed next to the first, and the civilians eagerly gathered around, looking for rides. 

GM NPC STORMER

"Quark's ship is here as well," Stormer said to the rest of the Astral. He then patched Quark. "I'm leading a team to get to that portal in the sky and shut it down, putting this planet back where it belongs. If you want to join us, it's cool. Stormer out."

GM NPC NEX

Nex opened the door to his room, only to see an assassin bot sleeping on a pile of mattresses in the back of his room. Fortunately, he recognized Shade from his last mission on Antropolis. "I didn't know that sleeping quarters were that tight," he said, going to the back of the room to recharge.

GM NPC BULK

Bulk edged toward the door, only to see Drift standing in the way. "May I?" he asked, reaching for the door latch. 

GM NPC STRINGER

"Looks like they got us a welcoming party," said Stringer. "I hope they don't decide to shoot at us." 

GM NPC ZIB

"The only thing they will be shooting you with is cameras," Zib said. "We landed in the tourist district. It wasn't exactly named that way because there wasn't tourists in it."

GM NPC STORMER

"You two stay behind and guard the ship," Stormer said. "If there is any hint of trouble beyond the usual, get this ship out of here. We can get off the planet if we have to." 

GM NPC STORMER

He then thought about Weaver's query. "We'll be heading toward the government's main base, and probably try to sneak in. I suspect this whole thing is probably their doing. If it's not, they will likely either be collaborating with the one who is or trying to shut it down. Visiting them is profitable no matter what."

GM NPC FURNO

Furno nodded. "Duh." He then looked at the radar. "Okay, they are turning around now, but it's a wide turn. They look like they are going to go past the portal toward Makuhero city...if Makuhero City even exists in this universe." 

GM IC ??? (TALKING TO THE DECONSTRUCTOR)

"It is under control," the government official said. "Everything is going according to plan."

IC: Ken Render - Villain Lockup

As they reached the cells, Render thought. He knew very little about this villain, and not only did he seem entirely unapologetic about his role in the attack- excusable, if he had no role in it to begin with- but he also seemed to be hiding something. Not obviously, but Render had his suspicions.

"I'm sure you'll go fine without me, pardner," Render drawled, opening a cell.

~

IC: Dorothy Quark and Timothy Gyro - Quark Qruiser

Quark silently wondered how long Stormer was waiting to make that cold-themed pun.

"All right," she said aloud to the others. "The current mission is to shut down that portal and get the planet back where it was. If you need a recharge- I know some of you do- feel free to move to the Astral. Otherwise, come with me."

Gyro glanced to Scarlet. "How you feeling, Kat? Mission-ready, or do you wanna go catch a nap?"

~

IC: Wilbur Flood - Furno's Ship

"Would it be wise to see if we can establish contact with this universe's Hero Factory?" Flood asked. "We run the risk of that Hero Factory being very much departed from our own, but it's entirely possible that they could be just like us, too. It all depends on what kind of alternate universe this is, I suppose."

~

OOC: How much time would be reasonable for a Hero to be on recharge?

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

IC: Arsenal- The Lamprey

Now that he was closer to the mystery ship, Arsenal could see that the vessel bore no Hero Factory logos anywhere. Unfortunately for the owners, the ship was accompanied by what was unmistakably a Hero Factory dropship, ruining any chance of concealing the massive ship's true purpose, whatever that was. If whatever was going on here warranted a ship that big, it must be major. Arsenal would have very much liked to investigate further, but Mechna's government wasn't too keen on letting the tourists see that the planet was crawling with villains. Arsenal would surely damage his relationship with the government if he ventured into the tourist district. For now, he would wait to see what would happen next.

IC: Scourge- Somewhere on Mechna

Unfamiliar with the government's rules, Scourge continued to make it's way to the tourist district, where the ship supposedly was.

IC: ???- En route to Makuhero City

In deep space, a lone figure sat at the controls of a seemingly ordinary cargo ship. Truth be told, the ship was nothing special, hardly befitting the being inside it, but that didn't matter. All that mattered now was that it reached it's destination: Makuhero City, former location of the Hero Factory. At first, the pilot hadn't believed the news of the factory's destruction. When it was brought into existence, the factory had seemed seemed invincible. Now, it was nothing but a pile of rubble, and several thousand corpses, or so everyone was saying. If it wasn't true, the pilot would be unsurprised, and probably in danger. But if it was true... Then it would be the perfect opportunity to set their master plan in motion...

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

IC Kaiba Blader:

"You've been.... gone, for a long time. Over a century has passed..... The others.... melted down. I was only able to save your memory core before I had to flee."

Edit: Watch this space for a flashback

IC Kaiba Blader - 150 years ago.....

A white and scarlet armored robot ran down a well lit hall, armored boots clicking against the concrete floor.

This is madness, the virus was contained! Mr. Makuro doesn't have to resort to this! If I can rally the others, we can convince him, reinforce our programming! He can't just-

His thought was cut short as he passed through the door to where his fellows stood, row after row, powered down. Technicians were already starting to dissassemble several. 

"Stop! They aren't sick anymore!" He cried.

More technicians filed in, alongside several security bots.

"Designation: Kaiba Blader, you are ordered to stand down, and submit to processing and deactivation." The monotone of the security bot was harsh, and emotionless.

"Y-You can't do this! We- We're sentient AI! There are laws!" he said, taking a step back. The technicians carried on diligently.

"The laws of civilians do not apply to hardware like you and the other robots."

"There must be another way!"

"There is none. Submit to processing, Kaiba Blader."

"I....I won't! I won't let you do this!"

Weapons armed around him, and the monotone of the Security drone took on a severe tone, "Submit to processing or we will use force."

He drew his blades, "No!"

Energy blasts filled the room...............

OOC: Woo backstory~

Also, Have a wonderfully rendered version of What Kaiba looked like 150 years ago~

U9ruUQp.png?1

Edited by The Amaztastical Lynn
  • Upvote 2

IC: Scourge- Somewhere on Mechna

Unfamiliar with the government's rules, Scourge continued to make it's way to the tourist district, where the ship supposedly was.

OOC: Is Scourge driving his own ship?

OOC: No, they're walking/crawling. Don't worry, it will take an appropriately long time for them to get to the tourist district.

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

GM NPC STORMER

He then thought about Weaver's query. "We'll be heading toward the government's main base, and probably try to sneak in. I suspect this whole thing is probably their doing. If it's not, they will likely either be collaborating with the one who is or trying to shut it down. Visiting them is profitable no matter what."

IC: Evangeline Weaver - Voice of Reason.

"Um, what?" She finally reached Stormer's location, "You want us to sneak into the government headquarters, like criminals? Even though they're the ones who asked us to come here and help them?"

First Zib with his talk of invasion... and now Stormer wanting to employ underhanded tactics against the people they were supposed to be helping... what the heck had happened to everyone?

"It is under control," the government official said. "Everything is going according to plan."

IC: The Deconstructor - Mechna Spaceport.

"It is?" He hesitated. "Very well. Is there anything you need me to do?"  

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Kat:

"I may as well come along. Better than just sittin' around with my thoughts right now..."

IC Kaiba Blader:

He shook his head. "The virus. Makuro thought that we'd be suseptable to other attacks of the like. But it doesn't matter anymore. You're here, now, and you have  a new life ahead of you, one that's free."

He turned to Epix, "Recall, I would ask something of you."

IC: Silvia Raine - Wolf Pup, Mechna Spaceport.

Finally making it through the portal, Silvia began making her way down towards the planet's surface. Everything seemed intact. The lights were on, ships were flying, there was no sign of damage to the buildings or people.

So she brought her ship down in the planet's capital, landing in the spaceport nearest to the house of government. It had been a while since she'd last been to this planet, but everything really did seem the same. It seemed that not even getting inhaled by a giant space portal could faze the people of Mechna. 

IC: The Creator/Caretaker - New Dawn, Command Bridge.

"Hm..." mulling over Max's vague and largely unhelpful response, he looked at the holographic readouts before him, "...sensors seem to indicate it should be safe for us to pass through. I-"

"No, brother," his sister once more rose to defy him, "I'm not letting you endanger the citizens on board this ship any further." 

He turned away from the panels and gestured to the portal in the distance, "Centuries spent roaming the far reaches of this galaxy, and we've never seen anything like this. I'm not passing up an opportunity to-"

"Then take a dropship, then." She replied flatly, "But not the Dawn." 

"Very well," he conceded, picking his sidearm up off the panel and stuffing it back into its holster, "Are either of you two coming?" He asked Var and Vale. His sister may not have shared his curiosity, but perhaps these two would... 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Timothy Gyro - Quark Qruiser

Sitting alone with his thoughts was the last thing Gyro wanted to do, too. By all reports he'd heard, this planet was a perfectly lawful, good place. But he'd heard rumours of villain activity of all sorts, and like with a lot of missions, there was the brief notion that there'd be someone he really wanted to meet on this planet. Of course, this crime didn't fall into that guy's usual field from what he'd read (he'd never met the guy in person) so there wasn't much chance of that. Still, he didn't want to fall into that old pattern of thinking.

So, he grinned at Scarlet. "That's the spirit. I've never heard of a mission where it wouldn't have been improved by flying Heroes being there."

~

IC: Eloise Thumper and Mara Quiver - Chargers

Quiver carefully set about cleaning her rifle. Thumper pulled a piece of cloth from her armour, and unfolded it to examine it. It was her wrestling mask, safely tucked away on her person for safekeeping, and in case it was ever needed. She put it away after examining it for damage, watched Quiver work for a while, and then fell into sleep mode.

As they reached the cells, Render thought. He knew very little about this villain, and not only did he seem entirely unapologetic about his role in the attack- excusable, if he had no role in it to begin with- but he also seemed to be hiding something. Not obviously, but Render had his suspicions.

"I'm sure you'll go fine without me, pardner," Render drawled, opening a cell.

IC: Night Stalker

Night Stalker obediently enters the cell.  "Thanks anyway."

OOC: How much time would be reasonable for a Hero to be on recharge?

OOC: I'd say about a half-hour. Could be shorter if they haven't drained much, could be longer if they have been fighting for weeks with no charge or are damaged. 

"Right now we're looking at a couple of...inefficiencies," the government bot intoned. "We have some buildings in a certain portion of the Grunge district that are uninhabited and inefficient, and we'd like to see that area brought back up to full operating levels in terms of production. We also have an amusement park ride that is in need of repair."  

GM NPC ZIB (TALKING TO WEAVER)

"The distress call wasn't from this planet," Zib said. "It was from a planet nearby - someone was afraid that their planet was going to get sucked into it."

GM NPC FURNO

"Well, I can try the frequency. We could use some help." He opened HF's main communications frequency. "Hero Factory, this is Alpha Team Leader Furno from another dimension. Do you read?"

GM NPC STRINGER (ABOARD THE ASTRAL)

"Loud and clear, Furno," said Stringer. "Find anything interesting?"

GM NPC FURNO

"Not you, Stringer. The other Hero Factory. I'm following this fleet that's headed for this dimension's Makuhero city, so I thought I'd warn them." 

The two were silent for a few moments. Nothing else was heard.

• Upvote 1

Render nodded to him. "You won't need me, if y'had nothin' to do with this mess. Chances are you'll serve time for pickin' a fight with a Hero, but if y'really wanna make a turnaround, then I'd certainly advise y'do. Now, I gotta couple villains over here with questions n' possibly info on th' location of my walkabout teammates. Hope t' see you somewhere outside crimes n' jail sometime, pardner."

~

OOC: Thanks! I guess Thumper will be catching up later. She's helped catch/caught, what, three or four villains by this point? And dealt with a lot of other business too, along with Quiver. They've earned a break.

~

"That's... not exactly promising," said Flood. "Perhaps they use a different frequency? ... Say, what would be the odds of them using the same number for the Hero Hotline?"

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

"Right now we're looking at a couple of...inefficiencies," the government bot intoned. "We have some buildings in a certain portion of the Grunge district that are uninhabited and inefficient, and we'd like to see that area brought back up to full operating levels in terms of production. We also have an amusement park ride that is in need of repair."  

IC: The Deconstructor - Mechna Spaceport.

Building repairs, and fixing an amusement park ride? At a time like this? Trying to make sense of it strained his limited logic circuits, and he quickly gave up. "Very well," he consulted his internal memory. The Grunge was far from the safest place on the planet, and given the current situation, it was likely to be even more unruly. "The amusement park presents the safest, easiest option. I'll start there."  

GM NPC ZIB (TALKING TO WEAVER)

"The distress call wasn't from this planet," Zib said. "It was from a planet nearby - someone was afraid that their planet was going to get sucked into it."

IC: Evangeline Weaver - Astral.

"Okay, but I still don't see how that would necessitate tactics like invasion and infiltration," she pressed, "Someone asked us for help, and here we are. This is a tourist planet, for slag's sake. We can't go turning it into a warzone." Part of her immediately regretted the statement - she wasn't supposed to be telling her bosses how to do their jobs - but everyone was acting so weird...  

GM NPC FURNO

"I'm following this fleet that's headed for this dimension's Makuhero city, so I thought I'd warn them." 

IC: Saracen Rune - Astral. 

Overhearing the conversation between Furno and Stringer, he powered up his comms, "What makes you think this dimension even has a Makuhero City, or a Hero Factory? And how do you know the fleet's headed that way?" He was slowly clawing his way out of his fit of depression, trying to get his head back in the game and focus on the mission.

And he was quickly coming to realise that Furno seemed to be making a lot of assumptions. Without access to any of the real-time star charts, long-range space scanners or galactic communications satellites that thy used back in their dimension, they had no way of... He frowned, suddenly realising something. "We don't even know where we are in this universe..." 

Flood leaned forward to address the other Hero. "Actually, oddly enough, our systems seem functional. We've spotted a few planets that are right where our readings say they should be. It's very strange. Do yours work?"

"And what would that be?" he scoffed, feeling that he had already done enough for the Rogue Hero as it was.

OOC: Fishers, if you could write up something for Riot and Phantom to do as well, I sure would appreciate it. I'm honestly still trying to figure out how to get Leighla active again, which is going even slower than I wanted it to, considering my contest entry is now eating up most of my time.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC Kaiba Blader:

"Make sure Yotfrid is allowed to leave. She may choose to stay, but she must be given the choice. Free will is something we were not.... allowed. Perhaps in my case, for the best. Additionally if there is someone I could speak to regarding a sentence, I would be more than willing to be escorted there at this time, in your custody."

With his companion now revived, much of Kaiba's energy seemed to have left him, and the aging bot looked haggard, and although nothing had changed, the rust spots and worn plating looked, if anything, even more ready to give way at any moment.

OOC: Fishers, if you could write up something for Riot and Phantom to do as well, I sure would appreciate it. I'm honestly still trying to figure out how to get Leighla active again, which is going even slower than I wanted it to, considering my contest entry is now eating up most of my time.

OOC: I'm just going to say that this is noted, and I'll look into it. I think we last left Riot somewhere in the middle of the medical bay and the bridge, so I might have Surge bump into him. Or he could just follow Stormer and Co. out. 

"Virus?" Yofrid glanced off to the side for a moment, confused, before perking up again at Kaiba's words. "Sentence? What are you talking about? Kaiba, what did you do?!" So much to take in for someone who had just been brought back after well over a century of sleep. 

IC: Necrissia

"That is most certainly something I can do. How much of the deceased one do you have? A body would be the best, but I have been able to work with less before."

IC: Frank V. Stone

The quirky coroner waddled from behind the corner, finishing his cup of tea before catching a glance of Focus. "Oh hya there Focus, what are you doing here?" He walked over to where the others were gathered.

IC Kaiba Blader:

Concern washed over his face once more.

"I've done many things I am not entirely proud of to stay functioning, and to bring you back. Recently, I had a.... data corruption, and my logic systems were affected, leading me to do things in the past few days that put people in danger."

He looked to Yotfrid. "You....do not remember the virus?"

IC: FOCUS

DARK LAIR

"He was another Hero," Focus replied. "His body is gone, but I do have his core, which is..."

He trailed off, remembering his sword, cutting through armor, hissing, slicing into the core-

"...still in one piece. I can have it brought down."

"A core? A damaged core? My friend, I may be a miracle worker, but that's well near impossible..." Necrissia thought about this for a moment, before then continuing. "How ever, I always did like a challenge. Yes, have it brought down. And be quick about it. Franklin, I think your assistance with this project may be necessary, seeing as there's apparently no actual body to work with." She then said, addressing her coroner guest.

"Hm? Oh, yes, very well, I'll see what I can do." He turned to Focus. "So... anybody big that died?" He asked.

DARK LAIR

Well, Focus thought as he turned away, re-activating his communication link with the ship, it's certainly better than I could have expected from someone who isn't Hero Factory...

"Tina?" he prompted. "Do you read me?"

"Focus, finally!" the civilian worker's voice broke through, sounding beyond irritated. "You idiot! Do you have any idea what's happening?!"

Silent, Focus shook his head in response to Frank, holding up a single finger to request a moment.

"What is it, Tina?"

"Oh, I don't know, maybe the fact that the planet you're on got sucked up by a giant portal in space," Tina snapped. "Maybe it's the fact that I had to follow it as well because I didn't know if we would be able to maintain contact on different sides of the portal, and I didn't want to risk being caught by Hero Factory. Or maybe it's the fact that Hero Factory is inside the portal with us!"

Focus was unable to suppress the shudder that he felt at the last piece of information.

"You're sure?" he asked. "They're here?"

"A giant portal in space ate an entire planet, Focus," Tina drawled, clearly having lost her patience (and, Focus admitted, rightly so). "Of course they're here. It's a big ship, too; something must have happened at headquarters."

"That one villain took the shields down easily enough once, I'd be surprised if they couldn't do it again," Focus mused. "There was that strange occurrence with the asteroid being swallowed by a planet or something as well... but we're digressing. You're still linked with my location, correct?"

"Yes."

"Good. I need you to land the Kestral. I need to retrieve the core from the ship."

"Found what you were looking for then?" Tina asked, her voice brightening (if only slightly).

"No," Focus replied. "What I'm looking for doesn't even exist. You don't just bring people back to life. But I have found a chance, and aside from the Factory - which I can't go back to, assuming it hasn't been destroyed - this is the best that I think we're gonna find before Echo's core runs out of juice. You'll bring the Kestrel down?"

"Yes," Tina said, sighing. "I hope you know what you're doing."

"I do," Focus told her.

Atoning.

Keeping the communication link active now, Focus turned back to the others. "I'll be right back. The core is on its way."

E: fixed spelling error. you fools have me mis-spelling "Kestrel" now, you dweebs.

Edited by Lucina

DARK LAIR

Focus shrugged. "It sounds possible. Most of the ships that the Heroes use aren't too large - the larger a ship, the more attention is drawn. But it's tough to say without seeing it for myself; when I left, the Factory was as it had always been. If my crew has gotten any imagery of this larger ship, I'll be able to make a more accurate judgement call."

Frank nodded, worried.

"Well then, while we wait for your crew to arrive, how about some Illedremian tea? The leaves are freshly picked from my underground gardens, and dried with utmost care." Necrissia gestured further into her lair, to the area around the corner from where Frank had come.

IC: Uerub Kalslann

"Tea? How... nice" Uerub remarked.