fishers64

GM IC TRAFEROUS/78 EAST

Traferous and 78, after having to dodge some bullets that were aimed up in the sky randomly by some combatants below, arrived on the other side of the island. 

It was a dangerous thing that Traferous was going to do. The engines had their own internal batteries and power supply so that they would run even if the bridge was destroyed, but they were now flooded with water so they couldn't operate. Worse, they were leaking fuel and oil into the water in an environmental disaster that would have broken William Flood's heart. Practically, it made the water dark and gloomy and hard to see though, a safety hazard and one that would make it hard to attach the towing hooks. And then, the engines were dreadfully heavy. 

Traferous began the process by shifting one of his arms into a siphon tube, sucking the fuel off of the surface into his form and into the cargo ships' fuel reserves. 78 took a hook and started walking into the sea, diving toward the engines and using her light powers to make the area glow.

OOC: I figured it as a space station actually. Not on a planet at all.

OOC: Alright, I'll just edit Fortis' thoughts. It doesn't really affect anything much, but thanks for clarifying. 

OOC: In your post, you made it clear that Gorn did manage to grab Night Stalker's helmet before being pulled off. If that was the case, the helmet would most certainly come off with him.

OOC: Night Stalker pulled the right hand to the right and the left hand to the left, pulling them off the horns before bringing Gorn out in front.  It would be very difficult I think for Gorn to keep a grip on the helmet under those conditions.

OOC: Oh, sorry. I missed that. Also, Night Stalker's profile says that he has "very poor reflexes", something that he has neglected to display throughout the fight. In addition, Gorn is stated to have quick reflexes. It seems unlikely that Night Stalker would even be able to grab Gorn in the first place.

Edited by PyroLizard Prime

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

OOC: Also, Night Stalker's profile says that he has "very poor reflexes", something that he has neglected to display throughout the fight. In addition, Gorn is stated to have quick reflexes. It seems unlikely that Night Stalker would even be able to grab Gorn in the first place.

OOC: I've been attributing that somewhat to his radar.  He's been able to see what Gorn is going to do.  I do see what you mean though, and I'll try to fix that.  Does this put us at Night Stalker helmetless and Gorn behind him?

Edited by Vestak

IC: Saracen Rune - Hero Factory.

Speechless, he brought the pod in to land on the edge of Hero Factory's rubble-strewn island. "Anyone here?" He called out, clambering out of the pod and trying to look around. 

IC: Markus Vex - Hero Pod.

He checked the gauge, "I should have plenty enough fuel to get me there," he finally said, powering up the engines, "See you there." 

Edited by Shadow Nato

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: Helmetless? No. In order to avoid being grabbed, Gorn would have to remove his hands from the helmet. Where exactly does the radar allow Night Stalker to see, besides straight forward? If it were only a radar, it would be something along the lines of a green circle displayed inside Stalker's helmet, with the center representing his position, and dots for everyone else. It would allow him to see if someone was sneaking up on him, but not do things like seeing exactly what Gorn was doing while his back was turned. In order to to that, there would need to be cameras of some kind in the helmet as well.

IC: Wilhelm Gorn- Brawling

Seeing Night Stalker attempting to grab him, Gorn quickly abandoned his attempts at removing the villain's helmet. Instead, he ignited his plasma sword, and swung at the hands.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

GM NPC ROCKA

"On my way," said Rocka. He hopped out of the Astral and took a clipcord down to a fallen dropship. While Rocka wasn't adverse to taking a Hero Pod himself, they would need the ship to get Striker and his prisoner home. Hopefully it wouldn't be with Striker in Hero cuffs. 

Edited by fishers64
  • Upvote 1

OOC: Helmetless? No. In order to avoid being grabbed, Gorn would have to remove his hands from the helmet. Where exactly does the radar allow Night Stalker to see, besides straight forward? If it were only a radar, it would be something along the lines of a green circle displayed inside Stalker's helmet, with the center representing his position, and dots for everyone else. It would allow him to see if someone was sneaking up on him, but not do things like seeing exactly what Gorn was doing while his back was turned. In order to to that, there would need to be cameras of some kind in the helmet as well.

Seeing Night Stalker attempting to grab him, Gorn quickly abandoned his attempts at removing the villain's helmet. Instead, he ignited his plasma sword, and swung at the hands.

OOC: I was thinking somewhat of an ultra sonic sensor type thing.  At the range they've been fighting it would be detailed enough for what he's done so far to be plausible, but farther off it would be little more than dots.

IC: Night Stalker

Night Stalker felt the blade bite through the fingers on his gun arm and managed to get his other hand out of the way before it lost it's fingers too.  Seeing as how his gun arm was now pointing directly at Gorn's head, he fired, almost point blank, trying to blast the hero off his back.

OOC: Oh, I see.

Gorn felt a small sense of victory as his opponent's fingers went flying all over the place, though he quickly snapped back to reality when he saw that his opponent had made no attempt to move their gun arm. Gorn immediately dropped off of Night Stalker's back, but not before a bullet took the last remaining chunk of horn off of his helmet. The second he hit the ground, Gorn swiped at Night Stalker's ankles, which were well within range of his blade.

• Upvote 1

OOC: Oh, I see.

Gorn felt a small sense of victory as his opponent's fingers went flying all over the place, though he quickly snapped back to reality when he saw that his opponent had made no attempt to move their gun arm. Gorn immediately dropped off of Night Stalker's back, but not before a bullet took the last remaining chunk of horn off of his helmet. The second he hit the ground, Gorn swiped at Night Stalker's ankles, which were well within range of his blade.

OOC: Gorn has been battered a lot by Night Stalker and has taken several hits from the hammer and a few point blank shots directly to the chest.  I feel like he should be showing that more than he is.

IC: As Night Stalker had never stopped moving towards his hammer his legs are in motion, causing only the bottom of the foot on his already damaged leg to struck.  He continues to fire, accurately since they are still so close, as he snatches his hammer up from the ground before turning to face Gorn.

He activated his capacitors, soaring up above the rubble to investigate the distant sounds of a fight. A battered-looking hero was doing battle with hammer-toting villain, who seemed to match the description of the one of those responsible for the attack on the Mechron City police station. 

After his failures to apprehend the other villains he'd encountered lately, Saracen had had quite enough. He refused to let another murderer escape his clutches. 

He powered up his rifle, and fired a volley of rounds down at Night Stalker's back. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Gorn didn't have time to react to his attack missing, as more shots pierced his arm and abdomen. He rose, only to see that his opponent had retrieved their hammer. He prepared to charge, but was struck with sudden pain. He looked down, to see that his chest and abdomen were beginning to leak some sort of fluid. This was Bad. He needed to end this fight quickly. Gorn approached his opponent, shield ready to block projectiles, though he wondered if he really needed it. The villain had been firing it's weapon almost nonstop for several minutes, there was no way that thing had any ammo left.

GM IC TRAFEROUS/78 EAST

78 fastened the first tow hook into place. Traferous finished refueling both of the cargo ship's fuel tanks, although the massive fuel tanks of his ship would hardly be dented by that. 

GM NPC ROCKA

Rocka powered up the dropship and took off for the space station. 

GM NPC STRINGER

"Saracen is back," Stringer said with a smile. 

IC: Gabriel Bliss and Alex Drift - Astral

Bliss and Drift finally reached the Astral and climbed on board. Drift scowled at Shard as he let them in.

IC: Marrow - No More Biting =(

Marrow poked its evil knife hands toward the dog Hero.

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

IC: Captor

Captor ran away from the monstrous villain, making his way up the side of the ruins cliff side. He needed to get distance between himself and Marrow.

IC: Var Vicious

Var sighed in relief as the edges scraped lightly across their still mostly armoured back. She then took out her lightsaber and put the blade end up against the ship's hull, lighting it and starting to work on cutting the pilot out of there, meanwhile holding on to the ship for dear life.

IC: Dorothy Quark - With Wolfe

She stared hard at the massive ship, now parked over them and her craft.

"New plan," she said slowly. "We find out what is going on with that."

~

OOC: I'm not sure where Cor is, but if she doesn't return in, say, a day or so, would I be able to bunny Wolfe and Flint? Wolfe's with Quark, and Flint's with Selphi. I'm also fine with waiting longer, so the bunnying isn't a requirement by any means. This is just in case we have to move immediately or something.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Andrea Plume

"Yeah, well, I would've preferred to not miss half a century. But it is good to be back..." Andrea looked down and sighed, then looked back up at the frozen hero the two of them were carrying. "Who's that? He looks like he's been through a rough spot."

Edited by Toa Onaku

IC: Timothy Gyro - Astral

"This is Nimius. Massive jerk. He got stabbed, but the medics fixed him, and... I guess now he's doing his best icicle impression. You wouldn't've seen something warm we can put him near, would you?"

~

IC: Wilbur Flood - Antropolis City

He pushed the last piece he could reasonably carry up onto the ground before climbing up himself. He started carrying pieces over to the ship, still lost in his thoughts. Even if his team had survived, that didn't guarantee everyone had. Had he caused this? Had their delay somehow caused a chain of events that led to the Hero Factory's destruction? He doubted he could do much to help the situation, but he had delayed two Alpha Team members and Ferro. They could have turned the tides.

The unintentional pun barely quirked his lips, such a mood he was in.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

IC: Andrea Plume

"Afraid not. Maybe one of these Alpha Team guys would know. Speaking of which, looks like Preston's made it pretty good for himself in the time I was away. I'm happy for him." Andrea sighed. "Say, you guys wouldn't have happened to have seen Dorothy or Daren around anywhere? I think I'm way overdue on meeting with them again."

Edited by Toa Onaku

IC: Sir Reginald Buckley - Old Timer, City Outskirts. 

For a while, he'd thought that the buzzing and crackling in his audio receptors was due to the head - and everything else - trauma he'd received during the crashes, but now he understood what it meant. His helmet comms were still online!

"This is Buckley," he wheezed into the mic, too tired to even bother with the full title, "I need... medical... as-assistance..." 

He activated his capacitors, soaring up above the rubble to investigate the distant sounds of a fight. A battered-looking hero was doing battle with hammer-toting villain, who seemed to match the description of the one of those responsible for the attack on the Mechron City police station. 

After his failures to apprehend the other villains he'd encountered lately, Saracen had had quite enough. He refused to let another murderer escape his clutches. 

He powered up his rifle, and fired a volley of rounds down at Night Stalker's back. 

Gorn didn't have time to react to his attack missing, as more shots pierced his arm and abdomen. He rose, only to see that his opponent had retrieved their hammer. He prepared to charge, but was struck with sudden pain. He looked down, to see that his chest and abdomen were beginning to leak some sort of fluid. This was Bad. He needed to end this fight quickly. Gorn approached his opponent, shield ready to block projectiles, though he wondered if he really needed it. The villain had been firing it's weapon almost nonstop for several minutes, there was no way that thing had any ammo left.

Night Stalker Ignored the flashing low ammo indicator on his HUD.  He didn't have a hand or time to spare to reload.  He settled for blasting Gorn with another gas bomb, finding that his options were looking less and less appealing as the fight went on.  That's when Saracen's energy blasts struck him.  The blasts nearly penetrated his armor, tough as it was, so he moved to the side, hoping the gas would keep this new attacker from seeing him well enough to accurately shoot.

Edited by Vestak

OOC: I'm a tad confused by the Night Stalker post. So he had time to eject a clip, turn around, throw it up towards Saracen, fire a bomb, shoot the clip, turn back towards Gorn, all before Saracen's shots hit him? Or is the first part of the post supposed to say Gorn, instead? 

OOC: On top of that, Night Stalker doesn't strike me as being capable of doing much throwing in the first place, considering he just lost most, if not all of the fingers on his gun hand, and he's holding his hammer with the other one. Even if he could throw things, would a character with "very poor reflexes" really be able to pull off something like Night Stalker just did. It might just be me, but I think that it would require very good reflexes to time the energy clip's explosion with the gas bomb's. And don't even get me started on the pinpoint accuracy it would require to shoot something that you just threw with the same arm you're shooting with.

Gorn sidestepped the attack, while simultaneously slashing upwards, intending to sever the hammer's head from it's handle.

OOC: How exactly are the gas bombs detonated? Are they on a timer?

IC Wolfe and Helen - Tower Ruins:

Wolfe followed Quark and paused when she noted the new ship. "Looks like one of Mr. Makuro's designs..." he commented, half to himself, as he narrowed his eyes at the immense vessel. He hailed the Mission Control Deck. "Hey, what's with the fancy tub sitting in front of us?"

"That would be the Astral," Helen answered brusquely. "Try not to shoot it down -- I just got comfortable."

The old Hero gave Quark a look that seemed simultaneously annoyed and amused. "Wouldn't that be a shame," he quipped.

The Mission Manager didn't reply. Instead, she continued her scans between glances at the action outside the ship. The villain-on-villain duels appeared to be fairly self-contained, so Helen was content to leave them for the time being. If they became a problem, she would send someone to intervene. 

IC Flint - Tower Ruins:

Flint tilted his head, giving Selphi a hard stare. "No problem," he replied, still unsure about her. "We better get you back to the others; there are still some villains hanging around."

He turned and moved out of the hole that Selphi had been trapped in, glancing over his shoulder as he did to see if she was following him. Getting her to safety as quickly as possible was preferable, but he decided to go at whatever pace his ward needed. Taller folk such as him often forget how long their strides are. "Hey, where are you guys situated?" he asked Zib over the comms. "I've got Mona Selphi with me."

IC Dr. Xaal's Drone #2 - Makuhero City Outskirts:

Another modified media drone, painted black, hovered tentatively near the Old Timer, studying it. Scans were conducted and filed within its simple mind, until the drone decided it was safe to get a closer look. Doing so brought it to a damaged Hero -- an older model, by the looks of him -- and prompted a series of beeps that sounded like a question.

Edited by FallenCor

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

IC: Dorothy Quark - Under Astral

Quark glanced back at her own ship. On second thought, she highly doubted Quiver was in much of a state of mind to fly a ship. And she certainly wasn't letting Thumper at the controls. Not after what happened last time.

"Would you mind taking Thumper with you?" Quark asked Wolfe. "Quiver can assist me in taking in the criminal, and if you are going to search for survivors, I am sure Thumper will be all right. Just keep an eye on her."

~

IC: Mona Selphi - Rubble

Selphi stooped to scoop up the beetle before following the Hero. She put it on her head, where it sat happily.

"What a mess," she said wistfully. "Were there many other survivors?"

OOC: Disregard the previous Gorn post.

Gorn immediately exited the gas cloud upon it's creation, as he knew it would cause him nothing but pain to stay inside. Moving around the cloud to resume combat, he saw Night Stalker being struck by energy blasts from a nearby hero. Taking advantage of the villain's momentary distraction, Gorn quickly approached them before unleashing a horizontal slash.

The blasts nearly penetrated his armor, tough as it was, so he moved to the side, hoping the gas would keep this new attacker from seeing him well enough to accurately shoot.

The hero simply flipped down his goggles, cycling through the settings before flicking on the thermal setting. Even with the gas cloud, spotting his target now was easy. He hovered, stationary, steadied his aim, and started firing at the villain's legs. 

He wasn't letting another murderer run away from him.

IC Drone #2 - Makuhero City Outskirts:

Doing so brought it to a damaged Hero -- an older model, by the looks of him -- and prompted a series of beeps that sounded like a question.

IC: Sir Reginald Buckley - Old Timer, City Outskirts. 

He heard some kind of beeping, and looked over towards it. "What are you supposed to be?"

Night Stalker grunted as the next round of energy blasts struck him.  A few made it through his armor, messing with his internal systems.  He was about to shoot at the hero when Gorn attacked again, slicing the head off his hammer.  Night Stalker knew he was defeated.  He wouldn't make it out alive if he kept this up.  He slowly backed out of the gas cloud, dropping what was left of his hammer and ejecting the almost completely depleted magazines from his gun.  He allowed himself to fall to the ground, hands raised.

Night Stalker's rage threatened to burst out from behind his submissive facade, but he managed to keep it in check.  Night Stalker would wait.  He would pass the time by planning strategies to reduce their worthless hides to scrap.  One day, he would make them pay for this.  He could almost see the light fading from their eyes already.  Oh yes, he would wait.

• Upvote 1

He came in to land, stumbling for a few wobbly moments before righting himself. "You were the one who attacked the police station on Mechron City, weren't you?" He demanded, still keeping his distance from the villain, "And now you're here. Who are you working for?" 

IC: Wilhelm Gorn- Victorious

Seeing the villain appear to surrender, Gorn pulled a pair of hero cuffs from his belt and hurled them at Night Stalker. The cuffs immediately locked on to the villain, flying towards him like a predatory bird, before closing around his wrists. A satisfying "click" was heard, indicating that the restraints had done their job.

Gorn made no attempt to sheathe his Plasma Sword. When he had first attacked, he had been fully intent on killing Night Stalker, probably right after uttering a really awesome one-liner. Now; however, his sentiment had changed. Perhaps they could learn from this one where the other perpetrators were located. Then, he could end their lives...

Gorn lowered his Plasma sword, deciding to let this other hero do the talking.

IC Drone #2 - Makuhero City Outskirts:

Another modified media drone, painted black, hovered tentatively near the Old Timer, studying it. Scans were conducted and filed within its simple mind, until the drone decided it was safe to get a closer look. Doing so brought it to a damaged Hero -- an older model, by the looks of him -- and prompted a series of beeps that sounded like a question.

OOC: Is this Dr. Xaal? If so, it might just pay to just say that's his drone so all of us don't get confused.

GM NPC ZIB

"Noted," Zib said to Buckley. He then tried the comms. "Splint, are you online?"

If he doesn't answer, I can just send a medbot dispatch, but Splint will be faster. He then turned to the Nimus crowd. "The engine room for this vessel is pretty warm - you can try that, maybe, he'll thaw faster in there."

GM IC TRAFEROUS/78 EAST

78 East attached the second tow hook. By this time, the robot was covered in and smelled like fuel oil. She made a mental note to wash off later.

Ttraferous closed the fuel tanks, and the two boarded the ships, ready to haul the engines back to the old ship near the beach.

GM NPC FRAVI

"Boss, Night Stalker is down," Fravi said. "I did the best I could."

GM IC TRAFEROUS

Traferous sighed. They were losing people fast. "Make sure you stay uncaptured, and take what opportunities you have," he said.

OOC: Var Vicious may be able to hear the conversation if Fravi's spin move did not throw her off.

Edited by fishers64

IC: Timothy Gyro - Astral

"Dorothy? Daren? Oh, Quark and Wolfe, right? Haven't seen 'em recently." He turned to Scarlet and explained, "Wolfe is the old veteran who hangs around the training areas a lot. Quark is the grumpy old veteran with the fishbowl helmet."

He glanced over when Zib spoke. "Thanks, Zib. We'll dump him in there."

IC: Mr Vyle - Makuhero City.

After a few frustrating minutes of fruitless searching, Vyle finally stumbled across a civilian transport vessel preparing for takeoff. Slinking on board as the rear hatch began to close, Vyle quickly mingled with the other passengers, and the ship set off into the unknown.

OOC: Probably gonna take a break from using Vyle for a mission or so. With Hero Factory destroyed, I'm going to need to come up with a new angle for him, and I've got a few other minor changes I want to implement while I'm at it. 

________________________________________________________________________________

IC: The Deconstructor - Mechna Spaceport. 

A Hero - rogue or otherwise - was a rare sight on Mechna. One that The Deconstructor felt worth informing his superiors of. Still monitoring the progress of the workers on the docks, it opened a comms channel to its government employers. 

"I've encountered a situation that may be of interest to you," it reported, unsure if anyone was actively listening or if it was simply leaving a message, "A rogue hero has arrived on the planet, searching for a means of reviving one of its dead friends. Awaiting instructions on how to proceed." 

OOC: I'm assuming a government as shady as that of Mechna's would expect its workers to keep them up to date on developments like this.

If not, I can edit to something else. 

OOC: no worries, I'll just have a government official answer the phone.

GM IC ???

"Thanks for informing us," the answer came. "We have requested some Hero Factory assistance with another problem, but this seems to be irrelevant. Please stay on the line for you next available representative."

"Hello?"