LEGO Bionicle Episode 15 "Tomb of Ekimu" Released

Hapori Tohu

The Story section of Bionicle.com has been updated with a fifteenth 90-second episode titled "Tomb of Ekimu". When we last left our heroes, the Skull Scorpios that guard the ancient city's graveyard were pursuing Lewa towards Ekimu's tomb. How will the Toa defeat the Scorpios, and what awaits them inside the ancient tomb? Follow the link above to watch the new webisode and find out!

View the full article

• Upvote 3

Ekimu at the end there.

My face right now

PNoxC8b.jpg

So.... Much.... Cringe....

x_x

Edited by Toa Imrukii
  • Upvote 3

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Gotta say, I'm glad the Mystical Guidance Figure this time around is straightforward with his instructions and not pulling Vakama's "give the toa seven riddles to solve to figure out which brand of hamburger to pick up from the store" baloney again.

• Upvote 8

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Reawakening the defeated leader-god-king person: Eight years in G1 (and they accidentally awoke him with the wrong mind), a few months in G2.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

For those who have trouble watching this on Bionicle.com

Anyways, this was a good episode. I'm glad we finally got Ekimu awakened. I actually like his weakened form a lot. I wonder if anyone will make a MOC of it.

• Upvote 2

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I find it amusing how he greets them as if they were friends who came over for a surprise visit, despite them reviving him after he had been dead for hundreds of years.

• Upvote 2

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

The Toa hold memories of Ekimu?

Goodbye, "these are the same Toa as G1" theories. You won't be missed.

Hmm, I personally interpreted those "memories" as a byproduct of the mental link the golden masks gave them to Ekimu, but you make a good point that it could mean Ekimu was actually involved in the new Toa's pre-crash-landing backstory somehow.

A lot of people seem to have a lot of faith in the idea that we'll get a larger, Toa-sized Ekimu in the future, but I think a lot of that "theory" is based in wishful thinking. It's quite plausible that we might get another Ekimu set if they keep him around as a central character in the storyline, just as Ninjago gets new Sensei Wu minifigures every year. But as of right now there's really no reason to expect his size to change, any more than there's reason to expect the Toa's size to change. He could easily just get new armor the same way Toa typically do from one set incarnation to the next. After all, just because we never got additional non-Toa versions of older "mentor" characters in G1 doesn't mean we can't in G2.

There IS a passage in the chapter book that described Ekimu becoming more powerful and less frail after he retrieves his Hammer of Power, but his Protector-sized form in the sets is already anything but frail. And judging from the webisodes and character videos we've seen, it seems like the "transformation" he undergoes will really have more to do with undoing the corrosion/decay of his armor and restore him to the gleaming, energized appearance that he had in the Legend video.

I agree that this episode had a great, fulfilling tone. Looking forward to the next one!

• Upvote 4

nah, their memories of "Ekimu" are clearly just memories of Mata Nui, who was notably also reffered to as the MU, like in ekiMU.

It's obvious if you look close enough. :n

Edited by Rahkshi Lalonde
  • Upvote 4

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

Hmm, I personally interpreted those "memories" as a byproduct of the mental link the golden masks gave them to Ekimu, but you make a good point that it could mean Ekimu was actually involved in the new Toa's pre-crash-landing backstory somehow.

A lot of people seem to have a lot of faith in the idea that we'll get a larger, Toa-sized Ekimu in the future, but I think a lot of that "theory" is based in wishful thinking. It's quite plausible that we might get another Ekimu set if they keep him around as a central character in the storyline, just as Ninjago gets new Sensei Wu minifigures every year. But as of right now there's really no reason to expect his size to change, any more than there's reason to expect the Toa's size to change. He could easily just get new armor the same way Toa typically do from one set incarnation to the next. After all, just because we never got additional non-Toa versions of older "mentor" characters in G1 doesn't mean we can't in G2.

Curse BZPower's leak policy! Otherwise I'd have more to say about this. 

Hm, I guess that's possible. It just seemed to me that it was an implication towards the mystery of where these Toa came from, but you're right that it could just be an allusion to the visions of the masks.

He has awakened.

This is a really, really good episode.

Yes, for thousands of years of a coma (or almost a year when The Legend video was released), Ekimu has finally risen (well, he looks dirty now). He looks kind of like a god when he is revived. I thought the Toa would become Toa Kaita or Nui, but okay (better luck in a final showdown against the Skull Creatures or next year). At least they didn't freeze him with a Protodermis Seal, otherwise he would be permanently stuck by sleeping by accident!:P

Anyway, that is a very great episode. Slow story-wise, but okay. :) I think we got six episodes down and three more to go. I hope we will get a good and epic, not-rushed Season 2 finale.

I love the part where Lewa said "don't break anything" and Onua looked as if he is trying to not break anything as he seems guilty. I find that funny.:P

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I find it amusing how he greets them as if they were friends who came over for a surprise visit, despite them reviving him after he had been dead for hundreds of years.

That just makes me think being dead is something he's used to.

Maybe all this stuff going down on Okoto has happened before. :v

"Oh, hey there. Yeah, I was just dead. I'm used to it. Are you the new test subj- ahem. Are you the Toa?"

• Upvote 2

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

"... now what?"

Yet again, Pohatu still sounds like an ordinary bloke trapped in the body of a toa. It's like the voice actor for him set the script on fire and is doing a little jig on the remains. It's friggin' glorious.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams

Twitter Flickr

• 3 weeks later...