BIONICLE X NINJAGO MAFIA II: NINJAGO STRIKES BACK

Voltex

Frankly, I'm surprised that the Shadowed One did what he did. Only a Type Two...

I'm confused as to how you got to this conclusion. 

I'm even more confused as to how anything the Shadowed One did would cause an infinite loop. All the Shadowed One does is swap players; I'm pretty sure the unidentified figure is behind all of this somehow.

The only thing I can think of is that if the Green Ninja targeted TSO, and the Pyro targeted two people who TSO swapped, and one of them was the Green Ninja. The Pyro's RNG would have killed someone else, but now that the players are swapped, he targets Greeny. But since Greeny targeted TSO and killed him, he would not have been swapped because TSO is dead. However, if the Green Ninja is killed by the Pyro, TSO lives to swap the players.

The best solution to that would be to have things sequential - TSO swaps, Greeny kills TSO, Pyro kills Greeny. There has to be something else in there, possibly a function of the Amber Ninja or the UF, which eludes me at the moment.  

However, the solution to an infinite loop is to add a condition on which the loop terminates, whatever disaster it turned into. 

Also, it may be known that I was investigated two nights before.

FF (??) blocked by Skylor.

Voxumo (??) investigated by Detective.

Luroka (??) protected by Medic.

Fishers64 (??) investigated by Nya.

Ostrich (Matoran) killed by Green Ninja.

Rooster (Matoran) killed by Green Ninja.

Petewa (Matoran) killed by Pyro.

Miras (??) spared by Mysterious Figure.

The Ninja, for better or for worse, know who I am, and it is considerably unlikely that they would investigate one of their own, don't you think?

Edited by fishers64
  • Upvote 3

I'm pretty sure the unidentified figure is behind all of this somehow.

I take offence to these accusations... or I would... if I actually was this mysterious figure you're talking about... 

• Upvote 2

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Frankly, I'm surprised that the Shadowed One did what he did. Only a Type Two...

I'm even more confused as to how anything the Shadowed One did would cause an infinite loop. All the Shadowed One does is swap players; I'm pretty sure the unidentified figure is behind all of this somehow.

Let's just say that I know a thing or two about the targets involved in the loop.

The only thing I can think of is that if the Green Ninja targeted TSO, and the Pyro targeted two people who TSO swapped, and one of them was the Green Ninja. The Pyro's RNG would have killed someone else, but now that the players are swapped, he targets Greeny. But since Greeny targeted TSO and killed him, he would not have been swapped because TSO is dead. However, if the Green Ninja is killed by the Pyro, TSO lives to swap the players.

The best solution to that would be to have things sequential - TSO swaps, Greeny kills TSO, Pyro kills Greeny. There has to be something else in there, possibly a function of the Amber Ninja or the UF, which eludes me at the moment.  

However, the solution to an infinite loop is to add a condition on which the loop terminates, whatever disaster it turned into. 

Also, it may be known that I was investigated two nights before.

FF (??) blocked by Skylor.

Voxumo (??) investigated by Detective.

Luroka (??) protected by Medic.

Fishers64 (??) investigated by Nya.

Ostrich (Matoran) killed by Green Ninja.

Rooster (Matoran) killed by Green Ninja.

Petewa (Matoran) killed by Pyro.

Miras (??) spared by Mysterious Figure.

The Ninja, for better or for worse, know who I am, and it is considerably unlikely that they would investigate one of their own, don't you think?

Oops, I missed that. Thanks for pointing that out. Bother. It would seem that Voltex has a slightly different definition of paradoxical loop than I do.

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

We'll just have to wait for if/when the scene ever comes up to figure out what's going on.

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Can't you just pick a starting point and go from there? The first target PM you recieved for that night would seem like a reasonable point to kick things off from. 

the scene contains something of a casual loop, for those who might be interested.

Well, at least it's not a formal loop.

i hate you

Can't you just pick a starting point and go from there? The first target PM you recieved for that night would seem like a reasonable point to kick things off from. 

i enjoy the way the paradox picks away at my mind

Congratulations, not only did you break Mafia, and now the whole site knows about it. :D

• Upvote 2

gonna be honest here

still have no idea what the heck went on with this scene

anyway here it is

BIONICLE X NINJAGO MAFIA II

NIGHT THREE: THE CASUAL LOOP

Many faces gathered together in Voltex’s HEAVY Bar that night. Some intent on merely investigating, some intent on kidnapping, and others… well, others were focused on your standard cold-blooded murder.

The usual suspects.

The Green Ninja sharpened his twin swords, smiling to himself. The golden blades shimmered in the light, and if anyone were properly watching, they would have seen the gold begin to spread; first down the handles of the swords, then onto the Green Ninja’s hands, and then onto his robes.

Within moments, the Green Ninja was no more.

He had grown.

He had evolved.

He was now the Golden Ninja.

Allowing himself a laugh that drew the attention of everyone else in the bar, the Golden Ninja slowly stood to his feet. His gaze fell upon two individuals several tables away – Quisoves and Fishers – and began making his way towards them. He made it to their table unscathed, and was about to attack Fishers when someone else intervened, as an axe suddenly clashed against his golden swords. The Golden Ninja jumped back as the Pyro stepped in front of Fishers, glancing between her and another person – Nato.

“Well, isn’t this a nice little standoff?” Nya asked, revealing herself by dropping down from the rafters. “Hello there, little Pyro.”

“I don’t like the looks of this,” Pahrak muttered to Burnmad nearby.

“Me either.”

Nato stood to his feet, his chair scraping against the wooden floor as he pushed it back – only to freeze in place when he found a dagger resting against his throat. Skylor chuckled to herself.

“You won’t be doing anything tonight, Nato,” she said.

“On the contrary,” Nato replied, sounding so calm that it chilled everyone to the bone, “you do not want to block me. You want to block Nevermore.”

“…yes,” Skylor said, stepping back.

In a flash, Skylor had transitioned over to Nevermore, who fought the urge to cough when he felt the dagger digging into his neck, blocking him from taking any actions. Appearing satisfied, Nato turned to leave – only to find the newly reincarnated Shadowed One glaring down at him. Nato shrunk back down into his seat.

“I am hereby swapping both Nato and Nevermore for the night,” the Shadowed One announced. “Flip your targets!”

“You want to block Fishers!” Nato snapped, before Skylor could reach him.

The Amber ninja complied.

“But… wait…” Fishers started, before trailing off. “That means I can’t swap you and Nevermore.”

“So?” Nato asked.

“You didn’t just do this in my eggnog bar,” Voltex groaned from behind the counter. “Look, it goes like this. Skylor blocked you, but you countered it by telling her to block Nevermore. Because Fishers swapped you and Nevermore, however, the block returns to you – but then you turned it on Fishers. But because Fishers is now blocked, she never swapped you in the first place, and so the cycle continues to repeat.”

Nato groaned.

“I’m just here to kill the Pyro,” said Nya. “Can I do that?”

“Not yet,” Voltex replied. “The Pyro needs to kill Nato.”

“Kill Burnmad,” Nato told the Pyro.

The Pyro immediately swung its axe into Burnmad’s brain. Seconds later, Nya had summoned a sphere of water around the Pyro’s head, and the Pyro drowned with everyone watching.

The Golden Ninja glared at Quisoves and Fishers.

Fishers glared at Nevermore and Nato.

Skylor glared at Nato, who glared at Nevermore.

“This is the stupidest thing I have ever been a part of,” Nato muttered.

“Well, I’m still blocking Nato,” Skylor said.

“You’re blocking Nevermore,” Nato replied.

“I’m swapping Nevermore and Nato,” Fishers snapped.

“So then I transfer the block over to you,” Nato said, shrugging.

“My head hurts,” Quisoves said, holding his head in his hands to prove it.

“Where did I go so wrong?” Voltex muttered, examining various calculations on a computer still running Windows 98. “This shouldn’t be possible! We’ve somehow created a bootstrap paradox. A casual loop.”

“Well I mean, I came here to kill Quisoves and Fishers,” the Golden Ninja said, sounding uncertain. “So… could I just… do that?”

“Maybe,” Voltex replied, triple-checking his statistic sheets. “Technically, the end result of the blocks will continually shift between either Nato or Fishers, so you’re entirely unaffected?”

“That sounded like a question.”

“That’s because it was a question, idiot. This stuff is complicated.”

“You know what, I’m just gonna do it,” the Golden Ninja snapped, stepping forward. “I’m killing both of them!”

“WAIT, NO-”

Too late. The Golden Ninja swiftly beheaded both Quisoves and Fishers. Voltex slumped across the counter, sighing in resignation.

“Sure,” he mumbled. “It’s fine. Just, you know, just interrupt a perfectly good bootstrap paradox. I’m sure that won’t have any long-lasting consequences at all.”

They all waited for one minute.

And then two.

And then three.

On the fourth minute, they all let out a collective sigh of relief; it appeared that reality was still in place.

“Alright, so what now?” Nato asked. “The swap that Fishers pulled is still in play, right?”

“Yeah.”

“So then… wait, but that means Skylor technically targeted Nevermore first, not me,” Nato responded, sounding confused. “So then… Quisoves and Fishers are still alive?”

“Hmm, good question,” Voltex said, his expression brightening with curiosity. “Since that obviously hasn’t happened, I’m going to assume that the universe has decided to play by meta rules.”

“As in… go by whichever PMs were sent first?”

“With a common interest in preserving all of the bloodshed, yes,” Voltex replied, pausing before continuing, “I think so, at least. To be quite honest with you, I still don’t really understand any of what is happening right now.”

“So the blocks and the swaps are fine, then,” Skylor said slowly.

“Sure,” Voltex muttered, waving the issue away. “Let’s just go with that.”

There was a long moment of silence.

“Well,” Pahrak said, standing to his feet and yawning. “I think I’ve had enough for one night. I’m gonna go – huh?”

He slowly glanced down at his chest, which was now lacking in both a heart and a heartlight. Pahrak opened his mouth, but did not have time to speak before collapsing to the floor, dead.

“FINALLY!” the UF shouted, pumping their fist into the air. “I finally found one! Woohoo!”

Voltex slammed his face onto the counter, wishing for it all to end.

Burnmad (Matoran) killed by the Pyro.

JiMing (Pyro) killed by Nya.

Quisoves (Medic) killed by Ninjago.

Fishers64 (New Shadowed One) killed by Ninjago.

Pahrak (Matoran) killed by Mysterious Figure.

SUSPECTS IN DEATH OF BURNMAD:

None, JiMing got deaded

SUSPECTS IN DEATH OF JIMING:

-Blade

-Unit

-Aerixx

-Dragonstar

SUSPECTS IN DEATHS OF QUISOVES & FISHERS:

-Nevermore

-Nato

-Rylinth

-Blade

SUSPECTS IN DEATH OF PAHRAK:

-Nato

-Nevermore

-Voxumo

-Unit

YOU HAVE 24 HOURS TO VOTE!

(somewhere, the pyro screamed as they attempted, far too late for it to count, to change their targets)

10 People Left

-5 Ninjago

-4 Bionicle

-1 MF

Edited by Lucina
  • Upvote 1

“But… wait…” Fishers started, before trailing off. “That means I can’t swap you and Nevermore.”

I'm dying of laughter right now. Finally, all of Tex's reactions in our PM make so much sense... 

Voting Blade for the Death of JiMing, Rylinth for the Death of Quisoves and Fishers... and not voting for the death of Pahrak... Would rather keep the mysterious figure alive.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

"The encounter could create a time paradox, the results of which could cause a chain reaction that would unravel the very fabric of the space time continuum, and destroy the entire universe!"

doc-brown.jpg

"Granted, that's a worse case scenario. The destruction might in fact be very localized, limited to merely our own galaxy."

• Upvote 2

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

Not to whine, but you really should have waited until I sent my target in.

Quisoves protects fishers from death... :P

I'm dying of laughter right now. Finally, all of Tex's reactions in our PM make so much sense...

It actually, in view of all I revealed, makes perfect sense. Someone accused me of being a type two not too long ago. But the thing is, I was a Dark Hunter, and I knew the Ninja knew that I was one. So I needed to get rid of the Green Ninja in order to have any chance of survival at all, and I suspected very strongly that Nevermore was the Green Ninja and Nato was either the Final one or the UF. 

I banked that the Pyro or the Detective would target Nato or Nevermore, so I would swap the two. The Pyro would go after Nato, and then I would switch it to Nevermore, and then Nevermore would die. Or the reverse would happen, but at least I would take out one of them. 

And I was right, too - the Pyro did target Nato. Except for some reason Nato cannot die, which doesn't make any sense at all, and the effects of my swap were terminated. 

Bloody Jimminy Hendrix.

Well, if Voltex had waited 24 hours, you would have been able to change your targets, and I believe that Nevermore would have been unable to kill anyone. I was also in contact with JiMing, who would have been able to change his targets.

gZsNWyr.png

Well, if Voltex had waited 24 hours, you would have been able to change your targets, and I believe that Nevermore would have been unable to kill anyone. I was also in contact with JiMing, who would have been able to change his targets.

I'm confused. I'm confident that whatever role Nato has is game-breaking - there's no way I would have been able to anticipate that. 

I'm confused. I'm confident that whatever role Nato has is game-breaking - there's no way I would have been able to anticipate that. 

You couldn't have, but I was pulling a lot of strings. I was trying to arrange things so that Nevermore didn't get to kill, and that a probable Mafioso died. But because I didn't get a full 24 hours to act, that didn't happen.

gZsNWyr.png

I'm confident that whatever role Nato has is game-breaking

I can neither confirm or deny these allegations. 

SUSPECTS IN DEATH OF JIMING:

-Blade - 1

-Unit - 2

-Aerixx

-Dragonstar

SUSPECTS IN DEATHS OF QUISOVES & FISHERS:

-Nevermore

-Nato

-Rylinth - 3

-Blade

SUSPECTS IN DEATH OF PAHRAK:

-Nato

-Nevermore

-Voxumo - 2

-Unit

E: Also, for what it's worth, I wouldn't call Nato's role game breaking. I mean, you could've ignored him.

If you had, this might not have ever happened. V9Hkatv.gif

Edited by Lucina

now you know why the pyro only used the axe to kill people in the scenes.

i think we all learned a valuable lesson here

don't ever give me responsibilities :')

(ten bucks that it's Blade who killed me)

Edited by Ajna the Muffin Daughter

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

I was going to axe about that...

My current name is Ajna.

Ajna is from Indivisible.

In the Indivisible Prototype she gets an axe to use for equipment to fight and also wall cling with. 

I always assumed it was a hint myself but guess I was wrong?

(also speaking of Indivisible the Indiegogo has like 9 days left so PLZ FUNDS)

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...