The Official OTC TBRPG Planning and Organization Topic

Noxryn

I'd like it to not start from the assumption that the wizards are as vastly superior as they assume they are.

I think thats kind of the point of informing the Muggle Prime Minister that wizards exist, and making sure he's kept up to date on major events. So he doesn't throw a strike team at what he thinks is a smuggling ring and accidentally kills a bunch of wizards doing wizard stuff

7AOYGDJ.jpg

First week of the Muggle-Wizard War:

"We shall beat these pitiful muggles!"

"What's a tank?"

Second week of the Muggle-Wizard War:

"OH GOD IT ROLLED THROUGH THE WALL! IT-"

Yeah. A group of Witch Hunters might be best. To avoid a curbstomp.

What I can not defeat with words, I will crush with the tanks of the Imperial Guard.
— Lord Solar Macharius, Warhammer 40000
Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Mmh. In an all-out war, the wizards would have to use very, very clever tactics to win. Memory charms and the Imperius curse would likely be their best weapons.

If we have witch-hunters, though, what's their angle going to be?

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

People with the mindset of

'This is against natural order, therefore it must be destroyed to preserve natural order.'

Say, are we allowed to hide segments in Spoiler Tags? I was thinking hiding the descriptions of each Arcana in a spoiler.

EDIT: I have fixed most of the suggestions for the Persona RPG so far, any other glaring loopholes or areas in need of improvement?

Edited by The Lonesome Wanderer

"Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's how Team Gurren rolls!"

BZPRPG PROFILES

Exo-Force RPG Profiles

Mmh. In an all-out war, the wizards would have to use very, very clever tactics to win. Memory charms and the Imperius curse would likely be their best weapons.

If we have witch-hunters, though, what's their angle going to be?

Zealots, or even people who genuinely think that it is wrong that one can transform into an exact replica of another, etc, etc.People who have lost loved ones due to the actions of Wizards or magical things (would you believe someone who says they saw their dad snatched up and eaten by a griffin while hunting?). We also know that in England, Dark Wizards killed a number of Muggles for funzies. I'm sure that some people wouldn't believe the official explanation.

Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

I prefer cold-blooded rational types to angry zealots. Wizards are an imbalance, they've placed countless lives in danger with their wars and indeed, muggles have died as a result of their actions. Clearly, they need to be dealt with. Quickly. Before more people die.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Jiming - Wow. You basically copy-pasted the plot and structure of the RP from Dragon Ball Online's Wikipedia page.

Doesn't mean make the plot go in exactly the same direction.. It was entirely intentional. If you have a problem, make a better Dragon Ball RPG. Not everyone is aware of Dragon Ball Online, so it could be a fresh experience. I also admitted to using the same plot and structure in the past, in case you couldn't tell. I swear, no one wants to help me!

A rather confrontational response.Personally, I am a fan of Dragon Ball. I've found that putting in an extra bit of effort to make a semi-original premise does wonders for personal morale, fosters a sense of ownership in the setting and generally makes for a better RP. Brainstorming ideas for a premise also helps create a stronger team spirit/general direction amongst staffers.

Sorry, it's just that I have sensitivity issues. Alright then, what would you do to improve this?

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

I think what he's saying is that you need to brain storm with people and make a whole new original plot. Possibly with a few aspects of the one you had in mind. Like the whole time-travel idea could be useful. But a new villain and a new plot is probably what you need.

Here's an idea. Go the alternate universe route. What if Freiza hadn't helped bring about the destruction of the Saiyan race? If the Saiyans had flourished and eventually come to earth. Just an idea.

Edited by Flex Fiction

I thought it would be fun to see where we were going to take the plot, and that was what my friends and I were going to brainstorm. For example, not having the climax be Bardock killing himself and Miira with a kamikaze attack. But apparently building off of an existing structure is not acceptable....

Edited by JiMing

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

Just asking, what would anyone think of a Bakugan RPG? Just throwing it out there for a random reason. I was thinking of doing a alternate universe, but with basic battle stuff from season 1. What you all think? I should have a basic plot out tomorrow. Been watching the series... they butchered it in season two, what with forgetting about Angelo/Diablo Preyas...

Edited by sonyaxe

Welcome to Midnight.

It is unknown where vampires originated from. Not because they hide it but because, since what is assumed as the begining of time, their past has been covered in shadows. Shadows far too deep for the eye to see through. Within this world there are things, things capable of doing what most could call impossible. Some can blend into shadows. Some can remove their skin like a cloak. Some can do all of this and more. These things, these beings, they are more than just the stuff of nightmares. They are more than just myth passed around a campfire to keep up spirits, or legend passed from father to son and mother to daughter, from friend to neighbor and so on to so on. These creatures, are real. They are the supernatural and they live among us.

This RPG takes place on a sligtly altered earth. Within this world there are several different types of creatures, all of them supernatural, each with different ablilitiies and flaws that further seperate them. Though the rpg will stay fairly sandbox styled, it will also have a guided goal that is set upon and differs for each Race and their faction. Though, for the most part, the goal of a race will usually remain the same while the goal of a faction is often subject to change. Circumstance can make it change to an entirely new/related goal or series of goals. Though the intent is for the rpg to be largely sandbox, most locations will be locked until the RP picks up "speed".

The story starts in America more specifically New York. Several different groups of Vampire reside in New York, each one hungry for power.The five groups of the council have of recent been engaged in a feud started by greed and the absence of threat. Long ago like rest of the Vampire world, the New York Council was engaged against other enemies aside from themselves. Once the threat had been bested by theIr combined efforts, they turned on each other. Though because of the "treaty" they were prevented from openly warring with each other, the groups knew there were ways around this and decided to exploit

them. Though almost all of the groups plot against ecah other, they have done their best to hold off on violence. But as they all know too well, things change. And with their tensions rising the way they are, conflict is on the horizon.

Ever since the incident Warewolves have been in hiding, trying to survive around the council. The Warewolves in New York are fractured and barely holding tthemselves together. Though there are packs in New York they are few, most, travel solo. Because they have been preoccupied with infighting, a certain occurence has managed to slip past the Vampire's attention. An unexplained surge in the supernatural, almost like a call. That soon after was answered, but not by them.

Locations:

New York: New York is a place abesnt of Warewolf presnece. The city is ruled by and separated by the the Council. Aside from the lack of warewovles the amount of other supernatural beings is impressive. The city itself is separated into five destricts each ruled by one of five famlies of the Council. Though the reason is unknown at the moment, there has been a large supernatrual presence orginating from within the city. It has a call that's as if it's almost waitng for the chance to explode.

London: London is a city for the most part shoruded in darkness. Known for the secretiveness of it's vampires. The amount of other supernatural beings here is concealed. The presence of the supernatrual is kept hidden, shunned. There aren't many vampires in the city, most having left for other parts a long long time ago Though there aren't many Vampires in the city the council still considers it within their hold.

Moscow:

The home of the supernatural. Many other supernatural beings roam here untamed and untouched by vampire hands. Though there are a large amount of supernatural presences here, most remain hidden. Even though the Vampires here are of a more, lenient kind, if certain creatures walk into their path then they will be killed on sight.

Character Profile

Name: (For the most part, any name would be acceptable.)

Age: (unless your playing a vampire, try to keep within a fairly young range, 15,25, etc.)

Race: (Are you a Vampire, Warewolf, Witch, Slayer, etc. What are you?)

Type: (What are you? Are you a lycan? Nosfarattu? Sliver-Blood? etc. What?)

Progenitor: (Who turned you? Are you a Half-Blood? A Fullblood or a Royal? etc. If your a vampire put your line here)

Appearence: (What does your character look like? Are they red? Blue? Tall with long white fur? What?)

Weapons: (What weapons does your characte have?)

Skills: (What skills does your character have/ has picked up over the years?)

Powers: (What powers your character has is largely dependent on race.)

Personalty: ( How does your character act? What makes them sad, happy, angry? etc. What drives them?)

History: ( Place your characters bio here. When they were born? What changed them? How they came to be where they are now?)

Factions: There many important factions. Some change with location. Some change based on faction. Most change based on a Race.

The Ivo: One of the five ruling famlies of New York, the Ivo are an old and mysterious line. It is unknown how exactly the progenitor disappeared or how his daughter died, but they are gone and the famliy still survives. The current head is Meyana Ivo, the last of Ivo's two survivng children, and even though the respect many of the other famlies have for her is minimal she still leads with pride and dignity.

The Council: The other four families of New York plus the Ivo combined make this faction. The council guides, rules, and determins vampire fate. In recent times the council has weakend due to infighting, but even still they are the holders of vampire life.

The Packs: the Packs are several different groups of warewolves the world over. Their orginization is minimal but still they are a force to be reckoned with. Neither proud nor scared, the packs will do whatever it takes to survive, no matter the price.

The Slayers: Though once a proud order the slayers, like many other beings, have fallen on tough times. Thanks to the condition of the slayers the world over, their only goal is to survive the trials before them.

Races:

Vampire: Vampires the creatures of the night, they strike hard, fast and true. Their number rank high and their type innumerable.

There are many different types of vampire, each with a different ability.

The Kindred: The Average vampire. Each possess super strength, enhanced speed, and the ability to heal.

Nosferattu: Those of the dark. Ugly but capable of abilites of a far greater nature, flight, night vision, and blood sense.

Brutia: Strength where there is none. Though capable of neither of the things the other types can do, they can do something no one else can, shapeshift, turn into a swarm of bats, walk in the daylight.

Warewolf: Beasts among men, they who shed their skin during the night, only to return to it during the day.

Lycan: Hulking man-beast hybrids incapable of thought but capable of great feats of strength and durability.

The Ware-Kin: Neither man nor hybrid but one who has lost himself to the wolf. Though unable to remember what occurred during the time these beings are fearsome all the same.

The True Night: Those who own the night walking proudly in their skin when they will it. Though not as strong as the others during the night, one is far stronger during the day.

The Slayers: Neither man nor creatures, slayers walk the silent line of the inbetween.

Slayers: Those who give themselves mind, body and soul to fight those who don't.

Sliver-Blood: The slayer of wolves and bats alike, all bow to those with sliver in their vains. One who is a living breathing weapon against the supernatural.

These are three races altered roughly for the draft. There are more in total but for the draft, that's it.

Life comes, and life goes, flowing like the tide.

Peace ebbs, and peace flows, often fleeting just like time.

Love can last, but only so, there isn't much before you die.

People pass, come to and fro. And eventually revenge too, doe lie.

For in the the end, it's only the vengent who lasts forever.

The Vengent Spectre.

Is there a reason you keep spelling it warewolves rather than werewolves? Also a bit more explanation on what those various subspecies can do would be nice. What do you mean a True Night can walk in their skin when they will it? And why are they called True Night if they'e stronger in the day? Do Silver-Bloods have actual silver blood or is it a metaphor? Whats the significance of that? Does their silver blood weaken or burn vamps and wolves or are they just faster and stronger?

There's some stuff in the profiles I wonder about too; you mention witches, so how does their magic work? Or is just a specific type of Slayer? Whats the difference between a Fullblood and a Royal? What can they do that a half-blood can't?

And a few general questions: Who or what are the other four vampire families? Why bring up London and Moscow if the story is locked in New York to start with?

7AOYGDJ.jpg

This is just a draft, made so that you would have an idea of what the actual one will be like. I will try to answer your questions. First. Warewolves, mistake. Second Sliver-Bloods, both. The difference between the Full, half and royal, I can not say without revealing spoilers, which I am not ready to do. The same, more or less, goes for the other four famlies. If you still want the answer to either of question PM me. Third, not slayer, real magic.

And to you Bundalings, because the being "incapable of thought" just means they cannot do complex actions.

Anyways, as I say at the top, this is a style draft, not a complete one.

Edited by Dr. Vengeance

The Vengent Spectre.

This is just a draft, made so that you would have an idea of what the actual one will be like. I will try to answer your questions. First. Warewolves, mistake. Second Sliver-Bloods, both. The difference between the Full, half and royal, I can not say without revealing spoilers, which I am not ready to do. The same, more or less, goes for the other four famlies. If you still want the answer to either of question PM me. Third, not slayer, real magic.

You do realize that people are going to need that information? How am I supposed to play a character if that is a determining factor within the profile. You cannot play or have a character if you do not even know what some of the given attributes stand for. I am hoping you mean that they are spoilers at the moment because this is a draft.

bzprovince_zps0d5d507a.png

If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don’t fight, you can’t win!

I, for one, am iffy about the idea of an RPG having spoilers. Especially spoilers that deal with basic details like that.

It suggests that the GM wants it to be a moderately-interactive story instead of a game.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I meant spoilers for the draft. Not the story.

The Vengent Spectre.

Just wanting to ask once more in case my post was overshadowed by that RPG, which is a very interesting idea, sounds good to me, BTW. Anyway, before I spend time and effort writing up a rough draft of my idea, I just wanted to see what people thought because I didn't get any feedback.

So... Idea... a Bakugan RPG. Just let me know what you think.

Into the Frontier! A Monster Hunter RPG

As moderated by: Advent_Aeternale, BZP Blade (Provided he still wants to Co-Moderate)

Midgard. A vast and ancient land filled with lush, vibrant life, and fraught with dangers beyond imagining. For as many humans call the land home, there are just as many other creatures who lay equal claim to it. Beasts who are considerably more powerful. Majesty in living form. Monsters.

In the beginning, humans could only cower in terror, and fear the wiping out of their race. But the humans strove on, living in tandem, and surviving with gusto despite the monsters immense strength. This is due in part to the existence and rise of Monster Hunters. People whose tenacity and will to exist makes them capable of near supernatural feats, those who were willing to take up sword against the Monsters are revered for the service they provide in defense of Midgard's people. Because of brave men and women like them, humans were capable of flourishing. Advancing. Evolving.

As time passed on humans were capable of expanding beyond the boundaries they feared. Civilization has never been so prominent. Hunting has evolved from a simple necessity of survival to a traditional way of life, much as those who exist to hunt have evolved from frantic, determined humans, into strong, durable beings capable of existing alongside the monsters they once could do nothing against. Cities, towns and settlements now exist, where humans can live in relative safety.

Despite their still amazing power, the ever looming shadow of the fear-worthy monsters is slowly creeping back, making room for the ever growing curiosity of the human populace. The wild frontier, which was once untouchable now begs to be explored.

And it is into this vibrant and hopeful world that you come in.

-------

Welcome to the world of Monster Hunter. A large and bountiful world where adventure is the name of the game, and the will to survive is your greatest tool.

Within this world, while playing as a Hunter is the basic idea, you are free to act in whatever capacity you see fit, be it an explorer, daring to brave the dangers of the unexplored land to expand the horizons, or a politician, plotting and planning your way into a seat of power to make big decisions that will shake up the world's status quo. Perhaps you wish to be more small time, working as a shopowner, or a blacksmith. All of this and more are possible and quite encouraged. Variety is the spice of life, after all.

-------

Table of Contents

If you wish to jump to a certain part of the contents of this first post, feel free to use CTRL+F, and type in the search code associated with the section in the following table. Search codes will be in parentheses and preceded by a hashtag (#).

Rules (#RU)

Lore (#LO)

Locations (#LO1)

General Regions (#LO1A)

Towns, Villages, Cities and Settlements (#LO1B)

Kingdoms (#LO2)

Guilds (#LO3)

Races (#LO4)

Bestiary (#LO5)

Monster Types (#LO5A)

Monster List (#LO5B)

Character (#CH)

Character Guidelines (#CH1)

Character Profile Template (#CH2)

Additional Notes (#AN)

FAQ (#AN1)

Links (#AN2)

Index (#IX)

Player List (#IX1)

Character List (#IX2)

Major NPC List (#IX3)

Chapter/Milestone List (#IX4)

-------

(#RU) Rules

In order to keep a fun and orderly game going, rules, regulations and guidelines must of course be established. So, here are a list of the major rules of the game.

Rule One above All: Be courteous. There's no need for what issues one may have in character to create unnecessary tension out of character. Let's remember that it's just a game, and have fun. Keep OOC snark to a minimum, and please try to be helpful and friendly when possible. Positive role-playing environment for the win. This doesn't mean you can't portray the most vile of characters. Go nuts when in character. Just play nice when it's OOC.

Rule the Second: No God-Modding. To elaborate, play fairly, do not act outside the boundaries described for your character, and remember that your actions will have consequences. Nobody has fun when one guy tries to roll over everyone like he's some kind of unstoppable one-man army. If one hasn't earned such a position (And it's quite likely very impossible for you to do so), there's no reason one should parade around like he has. Let's keep fights and interactions fair.

Rule the Third: No Metagaming. You may be well aware of the inner machinations and darker aspects of whatever faction you may be playing for or even opposing, but that doesn't mean your character does. Ensure that your own personal knowledge does not bleed over to your character when he/she has no business having such knowledge.

Rule the Fourth: Please limit unnecessary posting: Double posts are not to occur, save in the case of a board error, and OOC-only posts should be kept to an absolute minimum, in order to ensure a fluid and uncluttered RPG topic.

Rule the Fifth: Please remember to differentiate between OOC (Out of Character) and IC (In Character) when posting.

Rule the Sixth (and likely most obvious): All normal BZPower Rules apply.

With those in mind, some guidelines to consider include ensuring that as you play, you take into consideration the other players as you do so, keeping in mind your actions so as to not upset their actions too much. Nothing goes quite as planned, but that doesn't mean the RPG has to consist of nothing but ruined ideas. On the other end of that, if you have a plotline running, please keep in mind to be elastic with it. If something happens that causes a necessary shift in your plot, it won't be the end of the world. A final guideline, or rather a suggestion/encouragement is never be too shy to ask questions if you have 'em. It'll save a lot of confusion.That out of the way, the most important part is that you have fun. But I'm sure you knew that.

-------

(#LO) Lore

Welcome to the Minegarde Guild Library. The land of Midgard is a large and diverse one. So it stands to reason that there is a huge amount to discover about it. Due to the efforts of guild explorers, you can find facts and tidbits regarding it's lore here.

(#LO1) Locations

(#LO1A) General Regions:

While there are certainly cities and settlements in the Monster Hunter world, the majority of the land is covered in vast swaths of nature, usually falling into one of the following regional categories: Forests, Deserts, Volcanoes, Swamps, and Jungles. The regions look much as you would imagine them to, and are usually have sections classified into Guild approved suggested hunting grounds. While there are specific variants of each, these are the general kinds of locations explorers and hunters will be sent to.

Forests: Identified By: Wooded areas, grassy plains, gentle rivers, lots of vegetation, and secluded caves.

Weather: Neutral and pleasant, with occasional rain.

Common Small Monsters: Aptonoth, Felyne, Melynx, Kelbi, Neopterons.

Known Forests Locations: Arcolis Forest and Hills, Flooded Forest, Primeval Forest, Unknown Sea of Trees, Bateyubatom "Great" Forest, Bateyubatom Forest Peak.

Deserts: Identified By: Sand, rocky mountains, and canyons.

Weather: Very hot during the day, very cold during the night.

Common Small Monsters: Cephalos, Genprey, Hermitaur, Apceros, Felyne, Melynx, Rhenoplos, Altaroth, Bnahabra, Delex, Jaggi, Jaggia.

Known Deserts Locations: Dede Desert, Sekumaeya Desert, Sandy Plains, Great Desert, Gorge.

Volcanoes: Identified By: Volcanoes and lava lakes.

Weather: Always very hot.

Common Small Monsters: Bullfango, Ioprey, Apceros, Ceanataur, Remobra, Wroggi, Uroktor, Zuwaroposu, Rhenoplos

Known Volcanoes Locations: North Oelde Volcano, Latio Volcano, Battleground, Kazan Volcano, Sacred Land.

Swamps: Identified By: Puddles and ponds, mossy surfaces, plains, and caverns.

Weather: Cold in cavernous areas.

Common Small Monsters: Felyne, Melynx, Mosswine, Ioprey, Vespoid, Bullfango, Remobra, Conga, Genprey, Kelbi, Hornetaur, Aptonoth

Known Swamps Locations: Jio Telado Swamp, Kluputios Swamp.

Jungles: Identified By: Lush greenery, thick vegetation, many natural resources

Weather: Warm, sunny, neutral climate

Common Small Monsters: Velociprey, Ioprey, Bullfango, Aptonoth, Vespoid, Hornetaur, Hermitaur, Shakalaka

Known Jungles Locations: Metape Jungle, Telos Jungle

Few quests will also lead you to snowy areas. These include the Furahiya Mountains, the Acra Tundra and the Polar Sea. Due to the weather, quests are not often put forth to these locations for lower ranked hunters, and explorers are often warned to be extremely careful, as the colder lands have bred rather grim beasts to add to the other natural dangers.

-(#LO1B) Towns, Villages, Cities and Settlements:

Aside from the nature covered regions, Midgard is also littered with human settlements and cities.

The list is as follows:

Kokoto Village: A quaint little trading village set in the northwest near the border of the Schrade and Arcolis regions, Kokoto is a prominent setting for beginning Hunters due to an abundance of renowned Hunters originating from this village. Traders and Salesmen are often encouraged to pass through Kokoto for stock, as they have a rather choice selection of basic materials

.Minegarde Town: A famous town where the main office of the Hunter's Guild is located, most quests of high ranking or requested by royalty are taken care of here. Hunters from the land around often make it a constant pit stop during their journeys. Blacksmiths and those in the Medical field are encouraged to work within the area due to the abundance of hunters.

Jumbo Village: A village in the valleys underneath the mountains that is rich in resources. A mid sized port-like village with one of the larger Guild halls, Jumbo is a place most noteworthy for the Hero of Jumbo, who gained fame for killing an Elder Dragon. While not as populated as Minegarde, Jumbo has it's fair share of Hunters passing through due to it's ease of access for ships. Mercenaries and such also use the town as an easy point to meet clients. It is also the location of the Royal Family of South Oelde, descendants of the Hero of Jumbo.

Dondruma Town: Dondruma Town is a battle hardened town that often acts as the bastion of defense against monster attacks from the north. It is also the headquarters of the Elder Dragon Observation Center, an exploratory branch of the Guild dedicated to tracking large monsters. Located in the Schrade region, Dondruma lies east of Minegarde Town. Part of the town is in ruins from repeated attacks by elder dragons and other monsters. Despite its state of dilapidation, the Guild is consistent in attempting to reconstruct the town, and has retrofitted it with ballistas, two cannons, and a "Dragonator". It is not a place that most of the populace is cleared to go to, nor are most people comfortable in it's vicinity.

Pokke Village: Pokke Village is a small agricultural village in the Furahiya Mountains. It is notable for being having large ore deposits in the near area. Pokke Village is quite small, and does not have many hunters to it's name, however, Monsters and other troubles of the sort are not very common due to the extreme weather around the pass leading to the humble village.

Moga Village: Moga Village is a small fishing village attached to a deserted island which appears to be an archipelago in the middle of a great ocean off the coast of South Oelde. Fishing resources drive its economy. It is occasionally plagued by inexplicable earthquakes, but is extraordinarily peaceful for the most part. Occasionally, monsters will make a journey to the deserted island it is attached to to use it as a temporary nesting ground. This makes it an iffy, but occasionally rewarding area to hunt. Fisherman will make an excellent living here.

Loc Lac City: A bustling trade city located within the Great Desert, it is a renowned gathering place among hunters. Legend has it that the giant spire-like sculpture at the center of the city is a carved tusk from the Elder Dragon Jhen Mohran. The city has a festival every year because every year a Jhen Mohran heads towards the city, so they hire hunters to slay or repel the giant beast. Tradesmen and Mercenaries of all sorts flock here near the time of the festival, as business becomes quite excellent. Travel to and from Loc Lac is handled by sand skiff.

Yukumo Village: A flourishing mountain village at the center of a valley where hot springs flow. Structures are built along both sides of the valley because of the restricting terrain. The village's largest building is in the center where it can utilize the natural hot springs. It is often traveled to by many due to it's famous hot springs which are said to be capable of relaxing anyone, no matter how tense, and it's accompanying outdoor spa facility. In addition to its hot spring attractions, the village also has an active forestry where high quality lumber is exported to neighboring cities in the region.

Mezeporta City: A large city located in North Oelde. Travelers from far and wide make it their business to to head there often due to it's claim to fame: Mezeporta Square. Home to the Great Arena as well as headquarters of the National Trade Association and the Mercenaries' Guild, Mezeporta is the place to be for entertainment and excitement.

Port Tanzia: A small port on the coast of South Oelde, Port Tanzia is small, but functions as the sea travel hub of Midgard. Should you find the need to cross the seas, this would be the place to do it. It is only the only port that travels to Moga Village.

Jio Wandoreo: The largest city in the land. It is well known for producing its own technology, innovating weapons development, and serving as a center to support East-West trades, while facing constant dangers in the frontier. With a giant raft that connects to the heart of the city, a variety of goods that flow from east to west are handled here. Often referred to as part of an infancy, with exterior walls and crow's nest to guard against monsters, it boasts the most robust city in the region. For Blacksmiths, there is no better place to be to learn your trade outside of the Oelde Districts.

Mi De La Village: Mi De La is an isolated village due to being located within mountains where transportation is limited; however, resources are abundant and weather is favorable. In fact, it is said to feel like summer year around in Mi De La. Many seasoned hunters are stationed there and have created a training area over time, making this village ideal for new hunters in the Hunter's Guild.

Melchitta Village: A relatively new village on the banks of a giant lake, called the Great Circle Lake of Melchitta. Meteorites had crashed in the past to form craters and water flowing in from the nearby ocean as well as rain turned the craters into a huge lake over time. Originally a small village for small time hunters, it shifted into a scholar site for travelers from Minegarde who visited to study the lake. As the amount of visitors increased, the place grew into a larger village. Now, despite it's young age, it is a technological hub, with one of the few airship ports in Midgard.

Metapettato Village: A village used by hunters as a base and relay point when out hunting. The road that runs through the village was created long ago by a Lao-Shan Lung. Rather than an entire guild hall, there is often one hunter, or a small group stationed there to handle most requests. Materials from the East are transported across the Jio-Kruk sea, which lies just outside of the village.

Veld City: The largest city in the western Schrade region, the royal capital. Known as a fortress city, with exterior walls built around street folks, it's characterized by cannons and ballista in all directions. A prosperous city at first glance, and appears lively, though its inhabitants are only those who possess economic and political power. People without said strength, the so-called poor, live outside the city walls in an area known as the "Painting District".

Liber City: The largest city in the eastern Schrade region, and capital of the Republic. A flourishing city with trade routes to various places throughout the east, many travelers come in and out with materials. Liber City has become famous for the trade caravans that are used to slay monsters. The area is located in a basin surrounded by steep mountains with long winters and severe weather. Of course, the city has many facilities in place for the Winter season, like its hot drink stands, drinks which should be sipped with caution. There is also an enormous tower at the center of the town filled with artillery, much like Veld City, and is intended for monitoring monsters.

Rekusara Village: An oasis village built on the entrance of the desert acres to its south. The village is often swept with sandstorms carried from the desert, where few hunters have stepped foot, and even the monsters tread carefully, for fear of being lost to the turbulent sands. Despite this, it is the site of a future hunting base, so great developments are expected.

Nganga Village: Home to the greatest blacksmiths in all of Midgard, Nganga is situated in the heart of the North Oelde District, near the Volcanic Belt. The village serves as a rest stop for those who are traveling the grueling journey across the Volcanic Belt through to the South Oelde district. Those who wish to learn smithing from the best, or those looking to have their weapons forged into legends need look no further.

More will be added in time, so keep an eye on this spot

.-------

(#LO2) Kingdoms

While the term "Kingdom" is used to describe the various powers that together form the ruling forces of Midgard, Kingdom is not quite an accurate term. Many of the powers in the land have shifted to a republic or union styling. However, in order to save on complications, we will use the term Kingdom as the catch all descriptor. The kingdoms of Midgard have seen both peace and war, but war is not anywhere near so constant as peace. This is due to the fact that many a kingdom has seen mutual end with it's opponent as the monsters that walk the land raze the weakened forces out of existence, leaving only ruins. It is often accepted that rather than fight, the kingdoms shall live in peace in order to better defend against the monsters. Pride lies in many a heart, however, and even united in peace, the monsters proved to mighty to go to war against. As a result, true unity has still not yet been reached.

Schrade: A country divided. It's primary powers rest in the twin cities Veld and Liber. The west end of Schrade is ruled by Veld and it's King, the eastern end governed by the Republic of Liber. While their differences cause fair amounts of inter-political strife, their combined technological prowess and their dual armies of Royal Knights make them a united force to be reckoned with. Word has it, however, that they are altogether a fairly arrogant lot, with little fear or respect for the power of the monsters that litter the area...

Arcolis: Less a kingdom and more a union controlled by the villages that make up it's populace, Arcolis is famous for giving birth to some of the finest hunters ever to breathe the air of Midgard. Unlike it's direct neighbors, Arcolis lives with reality of the strength of the various beasts in the area on a more regular basis, and so has a more humble air to it's people. Arcolis is defended by Guild Knights, hunters who accept indefinite stationing in villages to act solely as lawmen, and defend the villages against monster attacks.

North Oelde District: Despite being a separate entity, the North Oelde district is ruled from afar by the Royal Family of South Oelde. North Oelde is mostly barren and volcanic, and Nganga is usually quite peaceful, so North Oelde as a whole is normally left to it's own devices. While South Oelde rules over it, most matters are left in the hands of the Mayor of Nganga.

South Oelde District: Surrounded by considerably more lush life, South Oelde is home to the rulers of Oelde as a whole. The King of Oelde is respected and beloved by his people for his way of ruling which is often commented on as kind and just. Despite this, it is common knowledge that Oelde is not as powerful a kingdom as one such as Schrade, despite Schrade's divided status. South Oelde has a Royal Army, but relies more on contingents of Guild Knights dispatched on patrols through both districts to keep the peace.

Acra: Thought to be a barren, frozen no man's land, Acra is not a kingdom, but a collective of tribes who unite under the banner of whomever is strongest. They follow ideals based on strength in order to combat the oppressive cold.As the land is explored, more kingdoms will raise their banners, and unknown kingdoms will be discovered or make themselves known, so keep an eye on this spot.

-------

(#LO3) Guilds

There are various guilds that populate the world of Midgard, and regulate the laws and rights of it's various occupations. The largest and strongest guilds are listed here.

Hunter's Guild: The largest guild in Midgard, the Hunter's Guild has become a traditional centerpiece for life across the land. With Guild Halls situated in almost every city and village across Midgard, it is uncommon to not find a populated location where you won't find hunters. The defense of the weak from monsters is the main job of the guild, and it commonly takes on requests and such from all sides of the land. The Hunter's Guild is responsible for the dispatching of most hunters to any locations in need of help, and all hunters are subject to their laws and punishments should they go astray. If you have a monster problem, bringing it to your local guild hall is your smartest choice.

Smith's Guild: The direct equal to the Hunter's Guild is the Smith's Guild. A guild dedicated to the training and employing the blacksmiths that outfit any and all with weaponry, armor and quality metalwork. The secondary goal of the Smith's Guild is research and development. Unlike the Hunter's Guild, there are only two outposts for the Smith's Guild, but the membership number is nearly as high as that of the Hunter's Guild.

National Trade Association: Where the Hunter's Guild handles the hunters and the Smith's Guild handles the blacksmiths, the National Trade Association handles all matters of buying and selling. In some ways the guild is even more powerful than both the Smith's and Hunter's guilds, as the members of the trade guild buy and sell materials to all peoples, including the Guilds. As such, their supplying capabilities are indispensable.

Mercenaries' Cabal: A small group that manages the work of mercenaries, the guild itself is somewhat lawless, operating a fair bit to the side of Midgard's laws. Information is fairly scarce on their workings.

Academia Inquirentium: Better known as the Explorer's Guild, the Academia is handler of all things exploratory. Dispatching explorers across the land to discover information and bring it back to be filed in their massive library, the Academia used to be a sub guild to the Hunter's Guild. Even after having separated from it's parent guild, the Academia still fills a role in providing location and monster information to the Hunter's Guild in order to ensure the safe questing of it's members.

Guild Nya: A guild dedicated to fair treatment of Felynekind, Guild Nya ensures that Felynes are capable of finding work, even in human communities. They have a strong and healthy partnership with the Hunter's Guild, the Smith's Guild, the National Trade Association and even the Academia Inquirentium.

This only describes the larger guilds. Other guilds crop up all the time, such as the Freelancer's Guild and the Gladiator Imperium. There's always room for more. Feel free to inquire about it.

-------

(#LO4) Races

Human: The most common anthropological race in Midgard, Humans are a varying species. Some have the average physical capability expected of a human. But some, descended from those who originally defended the weak in the darker ages, have evolved physical durability, strength and reaction time far above the average human. Those who have such capabilities are often encouraged to join the Hunter's Guild.

Felyne: Bipedal creatures resembling cats, known for their light hair. Though usually docile, they will attack viciously if provoked. Naturally curious, some try to enter human society. Fond of Felvine, they will follow its scent anywhere. Felynes perform a small variety of jobs in villages, from shopkeeping to farm maintenance, but most notably they may work under a hunter as Felyne Chefs or Felyne Comrades. In recent times, Felynes have began to strike out on their own, becoming fully fledged Hunters of their own, among other things. The darker furred variant, the Melynxes, work in much the same capacity as the Felynes, but are oddly struck with some sort of genetic kleptomania, a fact that makes them somewhat less popular when being considered as work applicants.

Shakalaka: A tribal member of the same Lynian race that Felynes and Melynxes hail from, Shakalakas are strange little beasts that are never seen without their ceremonial masks. They do not often come into contact with humans (and are usually hostile when they do) but on occasion, the little frantic beasts are known to take up arms alongside warriors they perceive to be strong, claiming to take them on as their "Minions". While they seem arrogant, the Shakalaka are very loyal, and can be a worthwhile companion should one make it past the initial murderous rush

.Wyverian: An ancient, powerful and respected race said to have descended from the Elder Dragons themselves, Wyverian's are incredibly long lived, and are thought to be those who taught humans how to defend themselves. It is also believed that they may have been responsible for the sudden surge in physical ability that humans began to show, a theorized result of cross breeding. Wyverians are often warriors in their young age due to their strength, and when older, having obtained much wisdom, settle down into more political roles. Their long lives tend to ensure that they retain their postions for years.

(And more... monstrous races)

-------

(#LO5) Bestiary

Due to the amount of monsters in the world, detailed descriptions of them all are unavailable. However, descriptions of the monster types they belong to are available, as well as a list of what monsters exist.

(#LO5A) Monster Types:

Lynians: A race of sapient creatures who are native to the land. There are currently only two known Lynian species: the cat-like species which harbor the Melynx and Felyne, and the humanoid Shakalaka. They are both "intelligent", have "complex" societies, and use a language, although the Shakalaka are more primitive and barbaric, while the cat species tend to live peacefully in democratic societies. The Shakalaka are governed by a king or ruler, also known as King Shakalaka, identified by a BBQ Spit on top of its head, a bigger mask and has a club than a saw.

Neopterons: Small insect-like monsters that usually travel in swarms. Because their shells are so brittle, they rarely drop materials when slain. Neopterons are very susceptible to poison and fire, while they hold quite a resistance to the Dragon element. Their materials are often used to make very sharp weapons.

Herbivores: Weak monsters that eat vegetation from grass or trees instead of hunting for meat. They are usually docile monsters which may attack, but often run away if threatened. They range in many different sizes and species. Although they are all in the same group, many of the species are not closely related to each other.

Bird Wyverns: They are, as their name implies, bird-like in nature, with slender, delicate bodies. Despite their comparatively small stature, Bird Wyverns often use their agility to their advantage to neutralize attackers and prey alike.There are two distinct types of Bird Wyverns: Flying Bird Wyverns and Raptorial Bird Wyverns. Flying Bird Wyverns exhibit similar characteristics to true Wyverns, with developed and functional wings. Many of these possess a hard, sharp beak which can be used to peck at attackers, and generally behave in a bird-like manner. Raptorial Bird Wyverns are reminiscent of Brute Wyverns; flightless, bipedal creatures with long tails and powerful legs. Unlike Brute Wyverns however, these monsters are generally quite small. Furthermore, Raptorial Bird Wyverns almost always live under a social hierarchy, with young individuals, females and beta males led by a strong, dominant alpha male, which can command and control his subjects during combat.

Flying Wyverns: Large, bipedal monsters that have two wings. However, there are some Wyverns that are quadrupedal, operating their wingarms as forearms instead like Tigrex and Nargacuga. These monsters have been dubbed by researchers as "Pseudo Wyverns", due to some species being reminiscent of certain animals such as a black panther, a Tyrannosaur, and a saber toothed cat. Some are flightless despite their classification as Flying Wyverns. These wyverns show their wyverian ancestry by the small forewings on their two front limbs. Still others are known as Cave Wyverns, and are named so because they spend most of their lives in caves, and have evolved to match. They are often known for their disgusting appearance (i.e., leech-like mouths.)

Piscine Wyverns: Superficially similar to Flying Wyverns, these monsters typically possess fish-like bodies, and are generally known to inhabit viscous environments. Common characteristics possessed by all Piscine Wyverns include highly developed fins, thick, paddle-like tails, and fish-like facial features. Despite their aquatic appearance, Piscine Wyverns are often highly capable of terrestrial life, and are even known to inhabit desert dunes and volcanic magma pools.

Carapaceons: Crustacean-like monsters that have hard shells and exoskeletons or crab-like bodies, which mostly require weapons with impressive sharpness to break. When they're weakened by physical damage, they show internal bleeding by the frothing of the purple bubbles from their mouths. Most of these crustaceans resemble crabs, lobsters or scorpions.

Fanged Beasts: Also known as Pelagus and Primatius, Fanged Beast monsters are beastly mammalian creatures that operate with only legs, and no wings. They are often much faster than other larger threats.

Leviathans: This class is mainly comprised of serpentine creatures with long, slender bodies and paddle-like tails. Unlike most other monsters, many Leviathans are accustomed to aquatic life, and in fact are often apex predators in their underwater habitats. Those that are aquatic can be found on land as well, but are much better suited to life under the sea. However, some Leviathans are uniquely adapted for terrestrial life, many capable of digging and burrowing to surprise prey from below. Leviathans can be found in a wide variety of habitats, ranging from oceans and deserts to volcanoes and frozen tundras.

Brute Wyverns: These monsters are typically large, bipedal theropod-like creatures, that are prone to living in areas abundant in food sources. Brute Wyverns exhibit a wide variety of dietary habits; some are strictly herbivorous or carnivorous, while others subsist on insects or even minerals. These monsters often use their heavy, muscular bodies to charge blindly through an environment to damage attackers or prey, and include many defensive adaptations, including tail clubs, horns, and even hammer-like chins and fists. Like most classes, Brute Wyverns can be found in almost any type of environment.

Elder Dragon: These monsters are rare, powerful, and are sometimes even treated as deities by hunters within Midgard. Elder Dragons exhibit a wide variety of body types, the most common being a quadrupedal entity with a long tail and two wings. However, some Elder Dragons can possess Equine or even Cephalopodic features. This class includes monsters that are suited to any realm, be it land, sea or air. In addition, Elder Dragons can be found in almost any environment in the world, and are generally the most powerful monsters one can encounter in any given zone. (The information available on the Elder Dragons is scarce beyond this blurb. It is commonly recommended that any who encounter something they believe to be an elder dragon do their best to escape rather than face it.).

(#LO5B) Monster List

Aptonoth, Apceros, Kelbi, Mosswine, Bullfango, Cephalos, Vespoid, Hornetaur, Velociprey, Genprey, Ioprey, Felyne, Melynx, Velocidrome, Gendrome, Iodrome, Yian Kut-Ku, Gypceros, Cephadrome, Rathalos, Rathian, Basarios, Gravios, Diablos, Monoblos, Plesioth, Khezu, Lao Shan Lung, Popo, Anteka, Giaprey, Hermitaur, Ceanataur, Conga, Blango, Remobra, Shakalaka, Great Thunderbug, Giadrome, Bulldrome, Queen Vespoid, King Shakalaka, Congalala, Blangonga, Hypnocatrice, Daimyo Hermitaur, Shogun Ceanataur, Tigrex, Lavasioth, Altaroth, Bnahabra, Ludroth, Epioth, Giggi, Delex, Rhenoplos, Uroktor, Jaggi, Jaggia, Baggi, Wroggi, Gargwa, Slagtoth, Great Jaggi, Great Baggi, Great Wroggi, Qurupeco, Royal Ludroth, Gobul, Nibelsnarf, Arzuros, Lagombi, Volvidon, Gigginox, Barioth, Agnaktor, Lagiacrus, Barroth, Uragaan, Duramboros, Jhen Moran

-------

(#CH) Character:

And so we reach the key element of this whole adventure. You.

(#CH1) Character Guidelines

In order to play Into the Frontier, you will need to create an avatar to control in this world of adventure. This is an easy enough task, but I imagine it's a task made far easier with this handy template.

Before we get to that, however, some notes/guidelines.

- Wyverians are a healthy bit more powerful than the base races, and are only available to be used by a player at the discretion of the GMs. Reasons why you should be allowed to use such a character would be best delivered to the GMs via PM.

- This also applies in the off chance you feel like playing as a monster. This is possible, but the limitations are even more strict, and will require strong consideration.

- When considering your occupation, make sure the one you choose is the occupation you will have fun playing as. You can do almost whatever you like in this game, but admittedly, this sort of game leans harder towards combat.

- Your character will not start off as a monster slaying engine of destruction, nor will your character begin as king of all he surveys, or greatest salesman of all time with the most successful hot drink franchise in the world. Please do not attempt to act as such when creating your character.

- Hunters begin as either a Blademaster or a Gunner, this will be your specialization. It's not a necessary profile point, but a nice aesthetic/side detail that will have impact during side portions like travel checks, or taking part in the arena.

- The available weapon classes in this game are: Sword and Shield, Long Sword, Great Sword, Dual Swords, Lance, Gunlance, Hammer, Switch-Axe, Light Bowgun, Heavy Bowgun and Bow. Your character, should you choose to wield a weapon, will use one of these weapon classes to start, made of either iron or bone. Your choice. Weapon customizations will occur as you progress through the game. A personal custom weapon not listed in these classes can be granted at the discretion of the GMs.

- Armor begins in a basic leather form for all starting hunters, or whatever other combat occupation you may choose. As you gather materials and strengthen your armor, it's class will change accordingly. If playing a Shakalaka, rather than armor, you will be upgrading your mask, which begins as wood.

-To ensure that these guidelines have in fact been read, please put 70707 in your post or message when submitting a character profile.

-------

(#CH2) Character Profile

On to the profile template. Here's what you need.

Name: (The name of your character.)

Race: (The type of being your character exist in this world as. You may choose from Human, Felyne, Melynx and Shakalaka. )

Age: (The amount of years your character has spent on this world since birth.)

Occupation: (Characters, as noted, are not restricted to simply being Hunters. You can be whatever suits your fancy.)

Specialization: (Blademaster or Gunner?)

Weapon Class: (For those who wield weapons, list your weapon class of choice here.)

Armor Class: (Regardless of class or armor type, if you would like, feel free to describe the look of your armor.)

Appearance: (The look of your character. Please be as detailed as possible. If you're feeling particularly fancy, feel free to include a picture.)

Personality: (The traits that dictate how your character acts.)

Affiliation: (Your occupation doesn't necessarily dictate who you are affiliated with. Will you be a member of one of the various guilds or towns located across the land? Or while you roam as a freelance worker of your chosen trade? Perhaps you will work for one of the royal families? The choice is yours.)

History: (The path your avatar has traveled so far. The events in life, and overall legend of your character as it has happened up until now. This will be described here.)

Hunter Rank (For hunters only. Unless otherwise approved, all hunters begin at Hunter Rank 1.)

-------

(#AN) Additional Notes:

Any further ideas that don't fit into the other categories or contents will go here. Hopefully, these will answer any further questions you may have.

(#AN1) FAQ:

There aren't any frequently asked questions yet, but should they occur, their answers will be posted here.

-------

(#AN2) Links:

For any further research regarding the monsters who need hunting, or the world you'll be interacting in, try the MHWiki. http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Wiki

For discussion, character profile submission, and a character profile list, check the Guild Hall (Discussion Topic)

(Placeholder. Should the topic go up, the link will go here)

Any other links relevant to the topic will go here.

-------

(#IX) Index:

(#IX1) Player List:

-------

(#IX2) Character List:

-------

(#IX3) Major NPC List:

-------

(#IX4) Chapter/Milestone List

Okay. So here's the first draft of the Monster Hunter RPG. If you guys could throw some ideas or critiques my way, I'd be greatly appreciative. Me personally, I'm of the opinion that the description of the RPG itself is lacking in direction. Great for letting the players get to work in building the world on their own, but I worry that the lack of direction will cause swift ending of the RPG. But I also don't want to put in too much direction (which I do have ideas for), and have the RPG stagnate due to lack of flexibility. Any words?

Edited by .:Advent Aeternale:.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

Mm. Testing the waters for the moment, since my Lovecraft RPG died with my hardrive, would anyone here be interested in a fantasy RPG that'd be taking some pointers from the likes of Conan the Barbarian and various other works in that vein?