Skyrise

Nato G

IC: Tveke - Second Breath

Walking into the hold of the ship, I said, 

"Just... a general tune-up, look around. Haven't had an engineer in years, who knows what the state of the engine is."

I stood there at the entrance, waiting for her to come in.

"Used to be one of the fastest airships in the GSR," I said, patting the ship, "could run down a cargo hauler and get away without breakin' a shaft."

IC: Matilda - Vorox Squad Plus A Zesk

She knew what the answer was going to be, but it still wrenched at her insides a bit. She shrugged and turned away, walking for her vehicle so she could get a hold of her expression.

"Come. We take you. Follow in ship."

It wasn't their fault. She couldn't blame them in the slightest. She almost wished she could.

~

IC: Rorohiko - NERD CREW

"No, I think I get what Fifteen is saying," said Rorohiko, a little defeated but perking up when he looked at his items. "There's not all that much else, from what I could see. Just... would you mind staying with me outside Capstone? I know in here, people can't really seriously hurt me unless they drag me outside, but if I'm outside, that's the hard work done for them."

He gave a tired half laugh.

~

IC: Armani - Quite Apart From The Pity Party The Other Two Characters Are Throwing Themselves

She dragged the vehicle free, crystal tinkling to the ground below from the process, and set the other craft as carefully as she could to the ground. She then dismounted and approached the vehicle to ensure that the pilot was fine and able to exit their craft.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

OC: Parii - Cliffside

The longer he followed the shady group the more scared he was - he knew very well that he was leaving the safe walls of Capstone, thus exposing himself to all possible muggers that could be roaming around here, in Cliffside. But oh well - curiousity is the first step to h*ll after all.

Once the group stopped, he witnessed their quarrel, with one of the beings being knocked down by the Turaga. As Varim left to chase Barlow, Parii shyly left his hiding in the shadows and approached Xaril, carefully kneeling down beside him four feet away.

Edited by permanentlyExtinct

--IC: Tolo: Tesara--

Tolo cocked an eyebrow as she walked up to the airship.  Opening the engine hatch, she peered inside.

"Your engine looks mostly fine, though there are a few bits here and there that could use some rebuffing," she said.  "One of your fuel injector tubes needs a patch."

Walking around to the other side, she observed the engines.  "Engines are all good here," she muttered.

She went into the cockpit and examined the control panel and its innards.  "Those screens over there could use a bit of rewiring," she said, "just to make them run a bit more efficiently."

Once she had finished her examination, she approached the airship's owner.  "This shouldn't be too hard of a job; whatever needs to be replaced can most likely be found here," she said, gesturing to the mounds of material in the junkyard.  "Before I start, though, let's talk payment."

GM IC: Xaril/Barlow/Varim - Cliffside, Outskirts. 

Xaril sat up with a grown, his gaze shifting around angrily before fixing on the closest being, Parii. "Which way did they go?"

Varim, meanwhile, was struggling to keep up with Barlow's much larger strides. Only the cries of protest from the beings whose bodies and homes the steltian shoved out of his path let Varim know which way to go.

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Saffina - The Wastes (The Crimson Takea)

Watching on as the Skakdi proceeded to exit the cargo bay, the Vortixx waited for a few more seconds before reactivating the panel and once again closing herself off from the outside world.

A moment later, and she was back inside the cockpit, the drum of the disks against the hull's interior signaling her own readiness as the ship slowly rose back into the air, simultaneously releasing its signature sonar ping and allowing her to begin her search for any nearby hostiles.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

GM IC: Xaril - Cliffside.

He managed a grateful nod/appreciative grunt as he rose to his feet, then quickly took off after the Turaga and Steltian. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Voyin - New friends

"I understand." Voyin nodded, and got back into her ship, getting ready to follow Matilda

IC: Wehtok

My breathing slowed as I crouched behind the rock, taking a quick glance before going back down into cover.

4 guys. 3 ships, one of them had been hanging onto the side of one of the other vehicles. I kept my back to the rock, listening for their conversation.

".....You managed to nab their goods?" One of them asked, their voice was deep, and had somewhat of an accent.

I heard a quick laugh, before presumably they showed the asker the stolen contraband.

"Nobody tailed you, right?" The same person asked. I could feel that they were on edge. "Pretty sure. He saw my face, but I got away before he could catch me." This person had a lighter, more confident voice. He didn't have the more cautious tone that the other guy had.

I heard what sounded like a sigh. "Alright, here's your payment."

Now was my chance.

I took a pill, feeling my nerves spike.

(recommended listening)

I seemed to dash out from behind the rock, taking a few potshots at what looked like a Steltian Bruiser with an eyepatch. The electric blasts hit him straight in the jaw, knocking him over and causing his face to spasm in reaction. A few of the goons turned around in shock and surprise, a bark and a point from one of the criminals preceded a volley of Kanoka and zamors. I dived to cover, rock chipping off the boulder I jumped to. I peeked around the corner of the boulder, to see that the Steltian had got up, and had dropped what appeared to be a bag of widgets and junk when I shot him.

"Go get him!" The deep voice who apparently belonged to the bruiser yelled, slightly more gravelly than before.

I took deep breaths, before activating my mask and feeling my existence split in two.

IC: Weh and Tok

The two beings split into existence, breathing heavily and realizing what they were doing.

"You take the left, I'll take the right. Weh said, pulling his gun up. Tok nodded, unsheathing his sword and the two split up, Weh vaulting over the rock and Tok dashing off to the side, charging the enemy.

Weh ran from the left, shooting at the goons. Kanoka shot past him, one of the goons being hit in the chest and hit his head on the ground, knocking him out and possibly killing him.

Meanwhile, Tok slid in from the right, knocking one of the other criminals over, preventing him from using his Zamor launcher before keeping him down with his foot and slashing him in the neck, killing him with his scimitar.

Weh ran at the bruiser with the eyepatch, aiming a whack with the back of the pistol when his wrist was caught, and he slammed him down with great force. Weh groaned, before the bruiser kneeled down next to him, twisting his hand behind his back. He yelled in agony, trying to turn round to escape but the bruiser held him down with his other hand.

"Oh, you ain't getting away. That was a neat trick, but I assure you that it was futile. I'm leaving with these goods, seller or not." He moved his hand upwards, to Weh's neck.

Tok slashed at the Matoran he was fighting, the Po Matoran parrying it with his blade and slashed at his arm, leaving a surface level cut. He recoiled backwards, before the Po Matoran shot forwards again, knocking the green being backwards with his shoulder. Blood trickled from the spirit's nose. He growled, kicking the Po Matoran in the knee and slashing at his neck, cutting his head clean off with one swing. It rolled off into the sandy stretches of the desert.

Seeing his spirit counterpart in trouble, he ran at the bruiser who was currently strangling Weh. He pushed him off, before kicking him in the face. Weh held him down, whilst Tok held his scimitar to his neck.

"I could kill you now. I could slit your throat and kill you, and nobody would care. But I'm going to keep you alive. Go back to your thug gang, and tell them they can't mess with New Atero any more." Tok was physically restraining himself from killing him. His arm buzzed with pain.

The bruiser spat in Tok's face, causing him to recoil. Weh slammed his foot down onto his head, smashing a few teeth and knocking him unconcious. His eyepatch fell to the ground behind him.

The two spirits took a moment to recover from what had just happened. Despite this being their job, it still hurt them mentally.

"You ready to change back?" Weh asked, putting his weapon away. Tok sighed, and nodded. It felt strange being whole, but without Weh, he was simply a fragment of his actual self.

Tok sheathed his sword, and the two closed their eyes, before merging together as one, their minds combining and their matters becoming one larger being.

IC: Wehtok

Wehtok propped himself up against a wall of rock, looking around in shock. He realized what he had done, and sighed. At the side of the unconcious steltian was a briefcase. Wehtok picked it up, as well as the bag of widgets, and straightened his tie, before walking back towards the ship, slowly and gently, his head aching and blood sliding from his nose and arm.

Edited by Aussie Bane

IC: Ailun - Beast Corpse (New Atero)

Ailun came around the corner just before the Crystal snapped. He stayed on the edge of the gathering though, maybe out of awkwardness, or maybe he just didn't want to get beastie bits on his feet.

IC: Fifteen - Capstone Marketplace

Fifteen was starting to realize she was making Rorohiko nervous... or was he upset? Besides being left behind... alone... in the middle of a city of criminals, he didn't have much to be upset about. Either way, she took a half step back and a few deep breaths and tried to keep her voice more level. "Good... once we get back to Xaril, we'll be safe. Alright?"

She started raising a hand toward him, hesitated a moment, then laid it on his shoulder and tried to offer a friendly smile. That's what you were supposed to do, right?

IC: Garuda - Tesara Streets

Garuda cheerfully scurried off to the Sand Bat and revved the engines. She looked over to Matilda with childish glee, all but oblivious to her guardian's plight. "This is gonna be great, eh Tilly?"

Rorohiko tried to assure himself that Fifteen's casually not responding to his request was not anything to be worried about. It could have been an accident, after all. He hoped it was, though he'd had this happen before. Still, these guards hadn't asked to be completely paid up front. That was a good sign. He hoped.

"Sure," he said, hand on the arm that hid his booper.

~

IC: Matilda - At Trash

"Huh?" She looked up from the words scrawled on her ship. Something about it made the whole situation worse. "Oh. Yeah, it is. Can't wait."

She tried a smile, but she had a feeling it didn't look all that convincing. She tossed Garuda her house keys. "You two go on ahead. I need to get that paint thinner. You can give our friend the grand tour of the place, I won't be gone long."

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

"Okay!" Garuda deftly caught the keys with her tail and turned to look at Voyin. "Follow me!"

The Sand Bat lifted from the ground and swiveled as sure as a compass toward their little house on the edge of the town. Garuda went as slow as she could bear to let Voyin keep up.

It wasn't long before Garuda set The Sand Bat down outside her hut, and Garuda jumped out almost before it touched the ground.

She considered the locked door for a moment, the house keys spinning around her tail, and then dived down into a small swinging panel in the base of the door. A moment later, the door clicked and slowly swung open onto a comfortable yet empty hallway. "Inside!" Garuda called in Zesk from somewhere out of view.

IC: Garuda - Home (Tesara)

Garuda emerged a moment later from a door, wrapped in a large amount of blankets that dragged behind her like some kind of ceremonial robe. "Yeah! You can sleep with me upstairs!"

IC: Karanta - NERD CREW

Karanta nodded. "Don't worry, I'll stick by you." She rubbed the back of her head and sighed. "Sorry for running off, Roro. Didn't mean to leave you behind."

IC: Vanox - Hugged

Vanox struggled in surprise as he was suddenly and unexpectedly lifted into the air. He let out a squeal as the air was squeezed out of him, though he managed to eek out a smile. He did not want to get on this person's bad side if he could be crushed this easily.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Garuda stopped underneath a cord hanging from the ceiling and dropped the blankets. She crouched down, eyes fixed on the cord, then leaped to the wall and up to the cord, pulling a ladder back down with her. The wall behind her bore the signs of many, many repetitions of this ritual.

Garuda started scampering up the ladder, but stopped halfway to glance down at Voyin. "Get blankets," she chittered before vanishing into the dark attic.

IC: Fifteen - Capstone Marketplace

Fifteen turned without another glance, beckoning the others as she marched through the crowd. "Come on."

He shrugged. "Don't worry about it. You guys came back, and nothing happened, so no harm done, right?"

He still felt a little downhearted, but at least he was fairly sure it was an accident. He wasn't sure what Fifteen's deal was, though. He kept close by Karanta while following Fifteen.

~

IC: Matilda - Moping To Herself

She set off shortly after the other two. She had no idea why she was letting this get to her to this extent. It was a mistake, her mistake. It was pretty embarrassing, really.

She found someone still packing up their store and bought a few bottles of paint thinner, because she tried to have some on hand whenever she could. The shopkeeper had smirked at her ship, but tried very hard to hide it, so she let them be.

With the thinner safely stowed, she travelled home. She hoped Garuda hadn't made too much of a mess. Realistically, she hadn't been gone all that long, but the Zesk had surprised her before.

Garuda was already rolling in and patting her own little bed, but looked up as Voyin came up. "Go on and set up anywhere!"

The attic was dim and a little cluttered with strange knickknacks. The only light came from below and a small window on one side. The opposite wall rather obviously looked as if it had been smashed and hastily patched up with mud and spare parts.

IC: Voyin - Attic

Voyin was used to the dark, so the darkness didn't bother her.

"Sleep...here?" She asked, taking a blanket and a pillow and sitting in the corner.

She arranged her axe and belongings in a way that blocked off her own little corner.

"Mine." She stated.

IC: Wehtok - On the way home

My arm was red with vital fluids, my mouth tasted like copper. The distinct smell of metal also reached my nose. I limped into the Troubled Killer, putting my sword and the goods in the compartment above my feet. Red blood dropped onto the leather seat.

I started her up, the ship beginning to raise off the ground.

Then, with a quick push with my blood soaked hand, I shot off into the desert.

--IC: Morga: Cliffside--

Morga waved to Vanox as she left, then stopped short.

She had no idea where Capstone was.

Turning around, she sheepishly asked Vanox, "I'm sorry, but I don't know where Capstone is.  Silly me; I went off without asking.  Could you please tell me where I can find it?"

IC: Threiaa - Collapsed District, New Atero

The ship skidded to a halt on the sandy ground, bits of monster flesh surrounding. The moment her ship settled, Threiaa shot out of the cockpit and back towards the knowledge tower. This crystal was absolutely massive. Just a chunk could provide tens of ammo rounds for the ICLs. So naturally, she scooped up as many of the shards of crystal littering the ground as she could. It was only until she started dropping crystals every time she tried to pick one up that she stopped, running back to the ship with her load.

It was on the approach that she saw the New Atero guard pacing towards her ship, and she skid to a halt just before the front of it. Was she in trouble somehow?

IC: Tveke - Second Breath

"Of course." I motioned with my hand for her to follow, and went higher into the airship.

I led her into the main cargo bay, where most of my hydroponics and gardens were kept. Stars shone through the ceiling, bathing the garden in soft blue light.

"I got plenty more than enough food in here to barter with, if that's what you'll be looking for. Some a these plants haven't lived outside these walls in centuries."

IC: Matilda - Tilly's House

She parked her vehicle, carefully landing so as to hide the offending words from passersby, and stowed the paint thinner on a shelf in the parking bay for Future Matilda to deal with. And also out of reach of curious Zesk.

She opened the door, feeling the slightest tingle of concern about it being unlocked before she remembered Garuda and her guest got here first. They weren't immediately inside, and from the roof's creaking and the door to Garuda's room open, she figured they were upstairs. She really had to fix the wall up there properly one of these days.

She called "I'm home!" before disappearing into her room to change out of her heavy armour. She was in comfortable sleepwear- she'd woken up fairly recently, but it hadn't been a good sleep- when she finally realised her blankets were missing. She sighed heavily.

"Garuda," she shouted- well, more of a tired raising of the voice than a sound with any real anger behind it- towards the stairs, stretching her tail from the stiffness it had gained from being curled up under her armour. "At least leave me something to sleep on, kid. Come on."

~

IC: Armani - Interrupting Corpse Looting

Armani grinned at the other pilot. "Ah, good to see you are all right, pilot! That was a very commendable act of bravery, what you just did. Very good work!"

Garuda perked up as she heard her name called. "Sorry Tilly!" she shouted back. She rushed back to the pile of blankets (only one was left), and dragged it back toward the hatch. She hung her head over the edge of the door, then dangled the blanket below it. "Here ya go, Tilly..." she muttered sleepily.

IC: Ailun - Beastie Bits (New Atero)

There she was, already gathering knowledge crystals like a proper scrapper. He'd have to commend her for that sometime. With an uncomfortable glance at the ground, Ailun started pressing forward across the strewn corpse scraps toward Threiaa. "I can't believe you made it out," he grumbled in a pseudo-gruff tone to hide his relief.

IC: Kathok - Capstone, Cliffside

"Ok," Kathok continues as soon as the stranger has disappeared, "We can talk about what happened earlier later, let's focus on the deal at hand." He glances round the wall at Silvana and then darts back.

His voice seems to be whispering but manages to sound hearty and angry at the same time:

"I don't mind telling you that I've had a #### day. After you had your little accident, someone else joined in, gunned me down and then...well, I managed to intimidate them into giving me a lift here, since a they got my ship." A sniff for dramatic effect. "Anyway, I feel like I've waited to catch this rat long enough. But now I'm done waiting: we need to lure her out."

Kathok raises an eyebrow to prompt his recent compatriot.

Kathok

IC: Taurek - Capstone

"HEY!" I yell at Silvana, before darting behind the wall again.

That should be a good enough lure.

IC: Voyin - In Bed

The Iron Vorox had not noticed how tired she really was until she had taken her helmet and some of her armour off and had become fully snug in the covers.

She began to drift off, curling into a ball like a Kavinka.

IC: Wehtok - On the way back to New Atero

My weariness was beginning to take its toll on my body.

What was that?

I looked at my rear mirror to see one of the small rectangles in the distance moving upwards, and getting into the large blob next to it.

A distant roar of an engine came from behind me.

GM IC: Silvana - Capstone. 

In a crowded, rowdy criminal bar, a single person shouting "hey" in a vague direction wasn't enough to gain any real attention. As such, Silvana remained at the bar, waiting for her drink. 

IC: Matilda - Let Her Sleep

She took the blanket. "Thanks. 'Night, kiddo."

The blanket was Garuda-sized, meaning it definitely didn't fit Matilda. She wasn't going to argue, though. She'd make do.

--IC: Tolo: Tesara--

As a mechanic, Tolo had little interest in plants, but as a Bo-Matoran, she was intrigued.

She ran her gaze over the vast variety of plants that were laid out before her.  Some were just general, ordinary plants, while others were specimens that she had never seen before.

The plants weren't credits, which was what she was after, but maybe they'd be worth a few.

One certain plant, a large pink flower with blue speckles, caught her eye.  "Is that one what I think it is?" she asked, pointing at it.

--OOC:--

They're your plants, CoFo.  You can name the one that she's pointing to.

IC: Kathok - Capstone, Cliffside

"What the #### are you doing, moron?!" Kathok hisses bluntly, grabbing at Taurek's neck. "Pull a stunt like that again and you'll get us both killed!" Maybe working with this half-wit isn't such a good idea. It's usually Kathok who is incautious and reckless, but he can't risk losing hold of this situation. It's all that matters. So he contains himself, and speaks in relatively measured terms: "I know her name. We go outside, call it. We'll eave by the other door. Understand?" The last word is spat rather than spoken.

Kathok

IC: Karanta - Stickin' with the Nerd

Karanta nodded, and followed close behind Fifteen. She kept a hand on Rorohiko's shoulder, in an attempt to not lose him this time. "Don't worry," she said confidently, "I gotcha."

IC: Vanox - Directing a giant

Vanox pointed down the road. "It's just down thataways. Can't really miss it, it's where everyone is. Big 'ol market, tonsa people." He paused, and added, "Also there's a barkeep who'sa piece of Rahi dung. Don't try an' be friendly with 'im. He'll literally spit in your drink and pour you somethin' that'll keep you on the toilet for a few hours."

IC: Ennanas - Harvesting

Ennanas' ship landed far from the other hunter ships, on the other side of the beast. She cautiously approached it, simply to confirm it was dead. A jab with her spear - and a squirt of disgusting fluids later - told her exactly what she wanted. She began to carve out a carapace, a prize for her ship. She would turn it into some more armor for the front of her ship, if it was light enough...or mount it in her home.

She paused, and swiftly cut off a pincer from one of the mutated creatures that made up the monster. That would make a fine prize if she did turn the carapace into armor...

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

IC: Matilda - Bedtime

The tiny blanket looked pathetic set on her massive bed, but it would have to do. She flopped into bed, tossing the blanket haphazardly over herself. Her sleep had a penchant for nightmares, and she'd only woken up relatively recently, but she was so tired and fatigued now that she was lying down. She yawned wide with an almost animalistic growl, allowing her eyes to drift closed.

~

IC: Rorohiko - NERD SQUAD

"Thanks," he said with half a smile. "I didn't mean to be rude. I'm just not good at fighting, or really doing much about someone dragging me off or whatever. There are some decent people here, I know, but I've been warned that there aren't really town guards that'll stop someone carrying off a screaming Matoran like there are in other settlements. That's the part that makes me nervous."

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

IC: Fifteen - Capstone

Fifteen used her small size and agility to weave through the crowd, hardly sparing a thought for the Matoran behind her save for an occasional glance to make sure they were still following. It wasn't long before she made her way back into the bar to look around for Xaril.

With the blanket delivered, Garuda crawled back into bed. Her helmet slipped from her head and she soon drifted off to sleep in her quiet cocoon of blankets.