Skyrise

Nato G

GM IC: Jira - Council Chambers. 

"Enough!" Jira herself stepped into Voyin's path, bracing herself against the impact of the incoming Glatorian.

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Armani - Dodging Leg Part II

She was on the move as she shot, but the leg still scraped her ship and threw it off balance. She righted it with practiced ease, but it still took precious seconds to do so. She circled the creature's head so she wouldn't be a stationary target.

~

IC: Matilda - Garuda's Corner

She glanced at Garuda briefly. "I like my tail too. It's just... adult stuff. You don't have to worry about it."

She lowered her hand to pat Garuda's head with a half-smile.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Drukann - Lost his mark

Drukann was starting to realise that he'd missed Silvana. Be it either that she'd fallen into a crack in the mesas, or somehow made it back to cliffside by now on foot... or even gotten her aircraft working again, he wasn't going to get to her in time to be of any help. He sighed, sitting back in his aircraft and letting it leisurely glide across the sky. He was tired, aching, and...

Drukann looked at his mangled hand. "Scrap. I should get this looked at. Where's that roll of bandages?" Drukann looked around in the storage compartments in his cockpit, finally finding a roll of bandages. Before patching up his aching hand, he quickly doused it with a portion of his remaining alcohol, grimacing at the momentarily elevated pain. He then quickly wrapped it up, stopping the bleeding and getting it back into a relatively whole state. He grimaced, the pain of it all coming to him now of all times, as the adrenaline had finally faded out of his system.

He also wrapped up the slash wounds on his arm, after dousing them as well in the remainder of his alcohol, a bit miffed that he'd lost the last drops of his substance of abuse, before looking back to where the ship was flying. Currently he seemed to be closing in on the Chasm. With a bit of a chill going down his spine, he reluctantly changed direction to fly around the Chasm. Being that he wasn't in the mood to visit Tesara at the moment, and with his wounds relatively fine at the moment, he decided to sit back and just relax as his ship flew under the clouds.

At the moment, he was flying in between Tesara and the Chasm, just about skirting the border of the latter. He had no intention of flying anywhere above that smog. Soon enough, an old structure showed up on the horizon. The Arena. Old place, not really of interest to Drukann, and so he simply sat back and let the ship fly on, letting his mind drift as he watched the clouds.

Finally, he sat back up, looking around to make sure he wasn't losing altitude or about to crash into something. That... was when he noticed something odd about The Arena. There was a glowing beacon rising from it. "What in blazes..." Approaching The Arena cautiously, he looked around for a spot to set down his ship before coming in for a landing a short distance from the place.

Once landed, he exited his craft and began his approach on foot, wondering just what the karzahni he was getting himself into...

Edited by Onaku Greavesy
  • Upvote 1

IC: Kathok - Capstone, Cliffside

Kathok, too, is beginning to feel the effects of the fight with Drukann. Although he's used an ingenious combination of rag and noxious alcohol to bandage his more important wounds, fatigue is running high. But he can't let his guard down. His quarry could be here at any second: it's only logical she'd come to Cliffside. Kathok remembers with a grimace that his ship is gone. Cliffside truly isn't the greatest place to be stuck, but maybe his confrontation with this 'Silvana' will buy him transport too. If luck is on his side.

Kathok keeps glancing around, gleaming eyes darting from place to place. He gets up abruptly, sidling over to one of the bustling room's more prominent shadows. He needs to see her before she sees him. If Kathok was more self-reflective, he might notice how unreasonably on edge he is. As it is, he just waits.

Kathok

IC: Taurek - No work, equals no play

I admired my newly repaired ship for a second. This thing had gotten me through a whole load of bad times, and yet here it was standing perfectly, shining in the sun.

I pulled my weapon from out of the storage compartment, attaching it back onto my arm, before getting on the seat and blasting off into the hot, dusty desert.

As much as I despised Cliffside, in terms of the work I wanted it was the perfect place. Tesara wasn't a place for me to stay right now.

Dust hitting the bottom of the ship as it shot off in quick burst, I grinned. I really liked flying.

IC: Karanta  - NERD CREW, ASSEMBLE

"Maybe...I really hope she didn't run off and get into more trouble. Patting her gets kinda awkward, y'know, even though it did make her smile I felt kinda awkward doing it here and-" Karanta's stream of consciousness was interrupted when she caught a flash of grey and orange in the crowd. "Oh, there she is! Roro, she's over here! C'mon, let's see if she got anything cool!"

Karanta darted through the crowd, dodging Matoran, Vortixx, Agori, and Glatorian alike as she did so. Her feet scraped and screeched as she skidded to a stop right next to Fifteen. "There you are!" Karanta said. "I was wondering where you went! Who're your friends? They offering something cool for you to get?"

IC: Ennanas - Hunting party

Ennanas managed to loop all the way around the beast at this point. She caught the glint of her harpoon as she circled around, and smiled. Soon, she would bring the beast down, and then she could kill it. She gunned forwards, past the harpoon, and started her boosters. The chain began tightening around all of the beast's legs, aside from the one it attacked Armani with...and Ennanas figured the creature wouldn't be able to escape with only one free leg, let alone scale the wall. Even if it could move with it, they could always sever that one leg...

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

GM IC: Jira - Council Chambers, Tesara. 

"If you want to trade, bring yours goods to the marketplace in the morning," Jira rubbed at her shoulder, already feeling bruises beginning to develop beneath her armour, "You're not going to find any trades here, especially not at this time of evening." 

GM IC: Something Nasty - New Atero.

The beast let out a startled snarl, and pitched forwards, entangled limbs flailing furiously. The weight and force of the creature's body slamming down atop the damaged segment of wall finally broke its mangled moorings, and the section of plating collapsed flat, crashing down atop a few of the already-evacuated buildings, and taking the creature with it. 

It writhed, screeching more in anger than in pain, and attempted to wriggle its way forward, like a spiky, multi-hued worm. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Parii - Capstone markets

He cringed as he heard screeching sounds approaching. Startled and annoyed by the situation and sounds, Parii turned around to find another member of the merchant group greeting them.

He pointed to Karanta and looked at Fifteen, somehow blase. Yours?

Edited by permanentlyExtinct

IC: Mirror - Tesara Marketplace

"Several vehicles were damaged in the raid, if you were looking for work. I'm sure their owners would be happy to pay you, or the city if you go through the proper channels," Mirror added helpfully.

IC: Ailun - The Moa (Outside New Atero)

Ailun slowly turned away from the wheel with a sigh. "You can't just pop a window open in here. If you're feeling..." He stopped as he realized what she was holding. "...what are you planning on doing with those?"

IC: Garuda - Tesara Outskirts

"What kind of adult stuff?" Garuda groaned. "Don't adults like having tails too?"

IC: Fifteen - Capstone Marketplace

Fifteen jumped as Karanta with all her noise and energy literally skid to a stop next to her. So much for settling this quietly... though the suspicious Turaga made her hesitant to disclose the full details. She could give Karanta the same story for now to keep it consistent, or offer some small code her fellow guardswoman would understand...

Fifteen took a deep breath and settled with, "No."

Edited by Click

IC: Rorohiko - Ditched By NERD CREW

"Huh?" He turned around to see Karanta was gone. He blinked. Well, so much for having guards. He felt fairly exposed without anyone who could prevent him being picked up and carried off. Not knowing what else to do, he struggled through the crowds, looking for his guards and hoping no one would try and kidnap him.

~

IC: Armani - Fallen Spidemonster

When the creature fell, she set upon it again, swooping to fire on its head.

~

IC: Matilda - Handing Out Life Truths

She winced a little. She didn't want to have this discussion with the little Zesk, but not answering would only pique her curiosity more.

"They do, Garuda, it's just..." She looked down, into wide, innocent eyes. The words she was planning to say changed immediately. "... Jealousy. It's okay for you, you're small and nice and your tail is acceptably impressive. But mine... it's too big. Too strong. It upsets people, makes them very jealous. I hide it for the good of Tesara, possibly even the good of the whole planet."

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Garuda's wide, innocent eyes grew wider, and her tail flicked for a moment before she glanced at it. "Wow... now I kinda hope my tail doesn't get that big..."

GM IC: Drukann - The Arena. 

The lone Ta-Skakdi was far from the first being to visit The Arena in the years since it had first appeared. There were plenty of accounts describing its layout, and at first glance, it appeared that nothing had changed.

The Arena was an open, circular expanse, with a floor of something that looked like stone but wasn't, half-covered in a layer of coarse sand from the desert, and acrid ash from The Chasm. It was ringed by an array of stone columns, seven in total, with smaller, headstone-like protrusions interspersed evenly between them. In the centre, however, stood something new - an oversized ovular dais engraved with the sigil of the three virtues, from which the beacon Drukann had spotted was currently emanating. 

She nodded sombrely. "It is a magnificently terrible burden to bear. I only have my tail out if I really, really need it. Or if I need to give it a good stretch. It gets really uncomfortable sometimes."

Absent-mindedly, she scratched her neck just above her bandanna. She'd gone for a nice green one today, with little thornax fruits on it. She said, "Your tail is perfectly fine the way it is, in any case. It suits you."

IC: Threiaa - The Moa

"Just gonna use 'em for what they're worth!" She said, readjusting her hold on the weapons.

Only standing still for a second, she bolted out of the bridge again. Her trajectory went for the nearest gap in the hull of the ship.

"Alroight, I'll get some use outta this,"

Mounting the thornaxx launcher into the slot, Threiaa kept her eye on the beast outside. This wouldn't do much, but It would do something. Best to aim for the eyes...

IC: 042 - Avoiding getting crushed

Directing the last of the populace out of the projects nearest the walls, 042 turned at the creaking moan of the wall. The beast was making another push for the city, and this time, the wall would not hold.

"Karz." 042 muttered, hobbling away from the wall as quickly as possile.

The wall slammed into the ground, the force of the impact knocking the machine to the ground. With a moment of horror, 042 realized that it's remaining leg had shattered from the sudden force. The makeshift, too, had fallen apart. It lay on the ground, stewing over the fact that, out of all the Maxilos to be put in this position, it had to be the one.

With a robotic sigh, the guard rose it's good arm into the air, aiming the grappling hook at a window sill nearby.

'How undignifying,' It thought, skidding across the ground along the grappling hook's cord.

IC: Tveke - Central Marketplace

"Yeah, I'll pay ya." I answered Tolo's first question.

At Mirror's comment, a thought came about,

"I got a ship too," I said as she worked, "Didn't take any damage, but haven't flown her in years. Decades, even. Y'can come by and look at that sometime."

IC: Clos'utu - Capstone, Cliffside

"Yeh," I butted in over the fe-matoran's "no".

"Services. If'n you'r'n need a some local talents. I know Capstone like it was kin."

IC: Drukann - Approaching the beacon

Drukann winced. Perhaps clutching his brass knuckle with his more mangled hand wasn't such a good idea. He'd have to use his other hand more if he had to fight. At least he also had his impact vision...

Cautiously, he approached the dais, glancing around for anything that might try to jump at him and attack him. His better hand clutched his brass knuckle tightly. He had a very bad feeling about this.

GM IC: The Dias - The Arena.

As Drukann drew near the pedestal, the light emanating from it abruptly cut out.

The beacon had stopped. 

GM IC: The Dais - The Arena.

Upon reaching the pedestal, Drukann would see... the exact same thing he had seen from a distance. An ovular, upraised dais, a bio or so tall, emblazoned with the sigil of the three virtues.

Now that he was a little closer, however, he could make out some kind of text etched into the edge of the protrusion. The writing wasn't Matoran, or Agori, or any other language he would recognise. It was, like the rest of The Arena, a mystery. 

IC: Voyin - Back to the ship

The Iron Vorox's head continued to droop as she made her way out of the city.

Tribe not happy with no trade.

She frowned.

The moon lit desert reflected off her pale white helmet, her ice blue eyes piercing the quiet dark.

OOC: Open for interaction

Edited by Aussie Bane

IC: Ailun - The Moa (Outside New Atero)

Ailun nervously turned back to the wheel and continued pulling the ship around to give her a better shot. This couldn't end well...

She flicked her tail in front of her own face and grinned at Tilly. "You really think so?"

IC: Fifteen - Capstone Markets

Fifteen gave the Turaga a baleful glare. "That won't be necessary."

Drukann stepped onto the platform, and... nothing happened. 

The three virtues symbol flickered with light for a moment, then sputtered out just as abruptly. 

GM IC: Something Nasty - New Atero. 

Armani's plasma bolts peppered its multi-faceted face, scorching and searing its carapace, and sending charred chips of fragmented Visorak shell flying. But savage though they were, the wounds did not penetrate its shell. Whatever 'brain' the creature possessed remained intact, so still it fought on. 

It's few remaining eyes glowered skywards, and the handful of still-functional rhotuka launchers remaining on its form began to flare into life, firing wildly towards the aircraft above. 

As Drukann stepped away, the sigil of the three virtues lit up again, this time with a softer, more gentle light.

In one of the circles, a symbol had appeared.

50px-Number_3.png

IC: Drukann - Not as Disappointed

"What in the name of...?" Drukann, noticing the area lighting up with a gentle light, turned around to see the new beacon and the matoran alphabet symbol for three. "Huh... one of those three virtues believers, are ya?" Drukann knelt down and placed his hand upon the three symbol, somewhat certain nothing would happen, but curious either way. "I don't know if I'm in the mood to find more people for this..."

IC: Karanta - Socializing in Capstone

"Nah, we're good. Thanks for the offer though! Fifteen, we should really go back to Roro. He should be right over..." Karanta turned her head towards where she ran from, and pointed. "...There. C'mon, we can't leave him alone too long. Someone might beat him up for lunch money."

IC: Ennanas - The hunt draws near its end

The beast fell. Ennanas cursed to herself as it took the wall down with it, which was the last thing she had wanted to happen. And if she released the harpoon to shoot it again, it would have a far easier time to reach the city...

Her ship circled in the air, keeping the chain taut around the beast's legs. Every so often she would fire off shots at its head, hoping to penetrate the skull. The other hunters could take it down. Though it hurt her pride, she knew it wouldn't have been possible to take it down without the other ship helping, and giving her the idea to trip the beast. Whoever that pilot was, she would have to congratulate them on a well-done hunt. Maybe buy them a drink or two.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

IC: Taurek - On the way to Cliffside

(recommended listening)

Cliffside didn't hold any good memories. It, however, had a lot of bad memories.

The inventor that had once enslaved me there was now dead, I made sure of that. But the image of the iron chains was branded into my brain, like an unwanted scar.

I grimaced behind the screen of the ship, wind against my face. The cold desert surface was a stark contrast to what it was like earlier on in the day, the dark blue sand stretched out into the distance, peppered by mesas and buttes. The large crag that was Cliffside broke the streak of cold sand.

A large thumb pressed down on the pad that activated the burst of speed, and I again shot off into the night.

That vortixx had been heading to Cliffside, at least by my guess. From what I could make out, she was pretty high up on the bounty list. If I managed to catch her...

Cliffside grew closer, seeming to crawl through the sand like a scarabax.

Wonder if anyone there still remembers me...

Edited by Aussie Bane

"I know so." She glanced up, towards Tesara. "If you want, you can talk with your friends some more. I'll wait by my ship for you."

~

IC: Armani - Rhotuka Party

Armani had to roll and swerve out of the line of fire. This brought her on a wide arc around, getting herself back in position to fire on the creature.

~

IC: Rorohiko - Drowning In A Sea Of People

Rorohiko, with his body full of fragile and precious modifications, could not simply shove through the crowd as Karanta did. He also hadn't seen which direction she went in. He tried his best to keep a straight course, looking out for his friends.

--IC: Tolo: Tesara--

Tolo's ears, or the Matoran equivalent of, perked up at the mention of a ship.  "Really?" she asked.  "And where would your ship be?  Hopefully, it's nowhere I have to fly to, because my ship's kinda broken, too."

IC: Clos'utu - Capstone, Cliffside

I smiled nonchalantly. If that's how they wanted things to go, then fine.

"Alright, have it your way."

I calmly turned and walked away, tugging at the matoran in my grasp.

IC: Threiaa - The Moa

Ailun was ever-so-cooperative and lined up The Moa with the beast, giving Threiaa a clear view of it.

She looked down at her measly thornaxx. This might not do that much at all. With a sigh, her eyes shut tightly, blinking back open with her thermal vision in full effect. It didn't help that this thing had decided to attack at night, but Threiaa could make do with the heat centers on it's body. Of which... there did not appear to be many. So much of it was just dead corpses, barely radiating any heat from the insides.

Around what was the face, though, a cluster of bright spots shone, moving to follow the circling ships.

"'Eye' see you," She muttered, and pressed down on the thornaxx trigger, sending the fruit flying through the air.

Without missing a beat she stuffed another in the slot and sent it down, followed by another. All three were aimed for the beast's eyes.

IC: Tveke - Central Marketplace, Tesara

"It's just around the corner," I responded, "Only takes a few minutes to walk there."

IC: Ailun - The Moa (Attacking the Beast)

Threiaa had hardly gotten the shots off before Ailun noticed the wheels of energy whirling off of the beast below. In a blind panic, he cranked the wheel around, rolling the ship back from the assault. However, for everything the Moa was... it wasn't very nimble. All he had achieved is give the inhabitants of the ship a rough tumble before the barrage struck, leaving searing circles and scattering loose parts across the bottom of the ship.

After the worst of it was over, Ailun gripped the wheel hard and tried to haul himself back up to right it.

Matilda was cut off by a large yawn from Garuda's small form. "Nah... let's go home..." she muttered sleepily as she stretched.

IC: Fifteen - Capstone Marketplace

She nodded and started moving off in the direction Karanta had pointed. She still didn't trust the Turaga nor the Matoran, especially now that it seemed they were working together, but the last thing they needed was to be separated from their charge around such disreputable folk.

Once they were out of earshot, Fifteen quietly asked Karanta "Roro?"

IC: Mirror - Tesara Marketplace

"If... all is well..." Mirror hesitantly interjected, "...I should be going."

Edited by Click

IC: Rorohiko - In A Sea Of People

Rorohiko did not hear Fifteen whispering his name, because in his quest to find his guards/new friends, he had been bumped and jolted quite off course.

~

She glanced down. "All right, but take it slowly if you're tired. Don't want you nodding off mid-flight."

--IC: Tolo: Tesara--

"Good," Tolo muttered as she continued to work.  "When I'm done with this cart, you can take me there."

The other being announced his intentions to leave.  "You do that, sweetie," Tolo replied.

OOC: Might as well apply another timeskip in order to account for recent events.

IC: Saffina - The Wastes (The Crimson Takea)

Having long since restored the functionality of her ship, the Vortixx went through her mental checklist of preparations once again for good measure before making her way down towards the cargo bay, where she assumed Ektana would currently be waiting.

Truth be told, the entire situation at hand had already put her on edge. Shortly after the meeting in the mess hall, their mouthy, diminuitive companion, still rather aggravated by how the discussion played out, announced that he was departing the Takea in order to scout the surrounding area. Figuring that the outing would give him more than enough time to cool off while simultaneously providing them with additional information in regards to the terrain and whether or not it was clear enough to begin their advance, she allowed it after a few seconds of careful consideration, eventually deciding that the Matoran's own vehicle would be enough to assist him with any potential trouble he may or may not have encountered.

That was an hour ago at the very least, and seeing as to how she had limited his search to a relatively short distance away from the ship, "Velmes" should've definitely been back by now.

Granted, he had unintentionally left some of his personal effects behind in his rush to get outside (nothing to tremendous in value, of course, but possibly enough to still hold some meaning), and she hadn't been treated to the sight of his severed head mounted precariously upon her cockpit's exterior the last time she was in there, so there was still no need to expect the worst yet; the delay could've just as easily been attributed to mechanical failure or simple laziness on his part. Either way, however, she had hired him to do a job, and to be frank, she wasn't too keen on sitting idle any longer than she had to while there was still work to be done.

He had been made well aware of the plan beforehand. He knew what the risks were, and if she didn't think he was capable of catching up to them, surviving a night out in the wilderness, or even making his way back to Cliffside if he had to, then she wouldn't have brought him along in the first place.

But deep down, she secretly wished that the Skakdi and herself would be fortunate enough to avoid having to face anything even remotely similar to his current circumstances.

Coming to a halt just a few feet away from one of the cargo bay doors, she proceeded to scan its interior, attempting to discern if her companion was truly ready to face the trials that awaited the duo ahead. Given that the situation beyond the ship's exterior was relatively unknown to them, for both their sakes, Saffina sincerely hoped that she was.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.