Krana's Extent Of Control

Last week we concluded that krana can control rahi. This week I want to figure out if the krana can control Makuta, skakdi, pit prisoners, agori, glatorian. I think they could control all of those except Makuta because Makuta have very strong mental capabilities. What do you think?

99% of bzpower users dislike rap or hip hop. If your that 1% that think its pretty decent post this

Greg once compared an Agori or a Glatorian using a Kanohi to a human eating the batteries from their camera and expecting to be able to take and store pictures. It doesn't happen.In the same vein of thought, I would compare a krana taking over an Agori or Glatorian to a human getting sick from a computer virus. It also doesn't happen. :P

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

I agree with what has been said about the Agori and Glatorian, since they're not from the MU, and weren't part of the nanotech that allowed Mata Nui to function. Maybe a Makuta who has been weakened could be controlled by a Krana. Example, the way in the Kingdom universe, Matoro destroyed Terry because his will had weakened over time, and Vakama defeated Terry in the main universe because he was weak from suppressing the minds of Nidhiki, Krekka, and Nivawk. As such, I think it truly depends on the being. After all, Lewa was able to reject a krana with Onua's help, and Tahu barely kept himself from being taken over once. It's not that the krana is capable of controlling them, it's whether the being is mentally strong enough to reject it.signoffffff.png

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

I think a makuta could resist a krana, provided that s/he wasn't weaked prior to encountering it. As for Glatorian/Agori, pretty much what Erebus said. The Krana works by "reprogramming" the matoran or toa. Since the Glatorian/Agori are biological, they wouldn't respond to the "reprogramming".-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

I don't think Krana could control a Makuta, both because Makuta generally have very strong wills, and because they are antidermis piloting armor. I'm not sure krana could connect to this. Anyways, the Makuta's mask would have to be removed first, and his antidermis would leak out.

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

Makuta: Probably not; I'm willing to bet that Makuta have the willpower necessary to resist a Krana's influence. Although I also agree with Baron Von Nebula's point; the Krana may not be able to connect to Antidermis in the first place.Skakdi: I'd say yes, especially since Skakdi aren't known for their outstanding mental capacity.Pit prisoners: Despite the fact that they aren't a homogeneous species, yes.Agori/Glatorian: As others have mentioned; no, because they are organic.

coolbroban.png
| Sig Credit: - Everclear - |

Seeing as Lewa managed to rip his own Krana off when he realized he didn't want its influence, I think it's safe to say that a Makuta would just view it as a minor annoyance. Agori and Glatorian are not compatible, as already stated. Most other MU species can likely be controlled as long as the Krana finds a way of sticking to them near their brain (i.e. they have a proper face and not just a flat metal helmet or something).

• 4 weeks later...

I'm guessing everyone but Makuta and Glatorian, and of course OoMN members.

I actually think a OoMN member could be controlled because when you think about it the krana actually controls the body. think back when lewa was being controlled he said it was more like not being able to control his body. i think that a krana when taking control of the body would create a kinda of suppression barrier. like when people are required to take tranquilizers it does not necessarily take over the mind but makes it move at a slower rate and a calmer mind frame. so the krana are not necessarily hacking into their mind so the need to create the mental training would not be needed. so yeah that is what i think on that opinion.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Last week we concluded that krana can control rahi. This week I want to figure out if the krana can control Makuta, skakdi, pit prisoners, agori, glatorian. I think they could control all of those except Makuta because Makuta have very strong mental capabilities. What do you think?

Well OoMN memebers ight resist them also.

SpecOperations9.jpg

Feel free to friend me!

I'm guessing everyone but Makuta and Glatorian, and of course OoMN members.

I actually think a OoMN member could be controlled because when you think about it the krana actually controls the body. think back when lewa was being controlled he said it was more like not being able to control his body. i think that a krana when taking control of the body would create a kinda of suppression barrier. like when people are required to take tranquilizers it does not necessarily take over the mind but makes it move at a slower rate and a calmer mind frame. so the krana are not necessarily hacking into their mind so the need to create the mental training would not be needed. so yeah that is what i think on that opinion.
Yes, but the krana are not tranquilizers. They do not slow down beings they control or make them unconscious, they temporarily interrupt their programming to follow the krana's orders. This leads me to believe that the OOMN could resist such control.

Let's think about why the Krana existed. They existed to control the Bohrok to clear the island of Mata Nui whenever the Great Spirit wanted to take off his disguise and leave a planet.Now, let's imagine that Mata Nui landed on a planet with a completely alien life form. The island appears. After a few months, possibly, Mata Nui has gathered enough information and wants to leave. The Bohrok are awakened and they start clearing the island, only to be hindered by the aliens. The Krana being able to control these aliens would be vital for the success of their mission. Otherwise Mata Nui can never leave the planet! This is why I'd think the Krana can control other beings than MU inhabitants. After all, anyone from the MU was never supposed to exit the robot. Why would the Krana need to control them (except for perhaps if anyone stumbled upon the Bohrok nests)? The purpose of the Krana is to fulfill their mission and controlling any life form would make it easier.But if it has been stated that Krana can't control Agori or Glatorian, I'm disappointed. That would trash my logic.

Let's think about why the Krana existed. They existed to control the Bohrok to clear the island of Mata Nui whenever the Great Spirit wanted to take off his disguise and leave a planet.Now, let's imagine that Mata Nui landed on a planet with a completely alien life form. The island appears. After a few months, possibly, Mata Nui has gathered enough information and wants to leave. The Bohrok are awakened and they start clearing the island, only to be hindered by the aliens. The Krana being able to control these aliens would be vital for the success of their mission. Otherwise Mata Nui can never leave the planet! This is why I'd think the Krana can control other beings than MU inhabitants. After all, anyone from the MU was never supposed to exit the robot. Why would the Krana need to control them (except for perhaps if anyone stumbled upon the Bohrok nests)? The purpose of the Krana is to fulfill their mission and controlling any life form would make it easier.But if it has been stated that Krana can't control Agori or Glatorian, I'm disappointed. That would trash my logic.

I don't think the Great Beings were so benevolent towards alien life-forms. Keep in mind that the Bohrok had other powers besides Krana control at their disposal. If they ran into an alien life-form, they would likely have just ran over it or killed it. The Bohrok were specifically created to clean off Mata Nui's camoflage, but not to harm MU inhabitants, instead to control them and take them to safety - no point in sacrificing good nanotech. However, since aliens were not covered and Mata Nui had to get out...the Bohrok would likely use their powers of sorts to kill them, not try to control them. After all, it wasn't like there were a bunch of aliens in the MU, which would be the case if all the "hitchikers" had been saved. Also, I think that is why the Bohrok-Kal were created - they were a failsafe againest alien interferance with the Bohrok's operations, thus their mission and connection to the Bohrok Queens- they send a signal, alien forces that are causing trouble get wiped out. This bred their overconfident attitude with the Toa, because they had always performed their task and got through it before, despite any obstacles they had encountered. Edited by fishers64

All MU inhabitants can be controlled I believe except the ones with extreme mental discipline like OOMN and the makuta and possibly some toa.

Do you want to have a theme revolving around mythical beasts? If you do please support my Dragon Slayers project on CUUSOO link: http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/7694

BZPRPG profile:

http://www.bzpower.c...opic=123&st=120

My latest MOC! http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=9379

I don't think the Great Beings were so benevolent towards alien life-forms. Keep in mind that the Bohrok had other powers besides Krana control at their disposal. If they ran into an alien life-form, they would likely have just ran over it or killed it. The Bohrok were specifically created to clean off Mata Nui's camoflage, but not to harm MU inhabitants, instead to control them and take them to safety - no point in sacrificing good nanotech. However, since aliens were not covered and Mata Nui had to get out...the Bohrok would likely use their powers of sorts to kill them, not try to control them. After all, it wasn't like there were a bunch of aliens in the MU, which would be the case if all the "hitchikers" had been saved.Also, I think that is why the Bohrok-Kal were created - they were a failsafe againest alien interferance with the Bohrok's operations, thus their mission and connection to the Bohrok Queens- they send a signal, alien forces that are causing trouble get wiped out. This bred their overconfident attitude with the Toa, because they had always performed their task and got through it before, despite any obstacles they had encountered.
Really good points there, it makes sense.Makuta did activate the bohrok prematurely, but he hadn't considered their true purpose, that they are essenteally cleaners and he didn't have any means of altering their objectives.And since we know that they were transformed from Av-Matoran, it'd only make sense that neither bohrok nor krana would intentionally harm a fellow being unless they persist to be a nuisance that interrupts the mission of the bohrok.That's where krana come in. Not only do they allow bohrok to efficiently handle different obstacles, but the krana can be used to take over a victim and force them to help aid the bohrok with the mission.After the krana forced a victim to help clean off the camoflage or in other words deal with the task at hand, it'd propably lessen the control to allow removal of the krana or bend the users will to be ordered to evacuate into a nearby nest or head towards any hatch leading back to the inside of the robot.But the Toa never knew any of that, they thought krana would bring destruction and evil. Edited by .-:Kopaka Nuva:-.

qs3135.jpg

I don't think the Great Beings were so benevolent towards alien life-forms. Keep in mind that the Bohrok had other powers besides Krana control at their disposal. If they ran into an alien life-form, they would likely have just ran over it or killed it. The Bohrok were specifically created to clean off Mata Nui's camoflage, but not to harm MU inhabitants, instead to control them and take them to safety - no point in sacrificing good nanotech. However, since aliens were not covered and Mata Nui had to get out...the Bohrok would likely use their powers of sorts to kill them, not try to control them. After all, it wasn't like there were a bunch of aliens in the MU, which would be the case if all the "hitchikers" had been saved.Also, I think that is why the Bohrok-Kal were created - they were a failsafe againest alien interferance with the Bohrok's operations, thus their mission and connection to the Bohrok Queens- they send a signal, alien forces that are causing trouble get wiped out. This bred their overconfident attitude with the Toa, because they had always performed their task and got through it before, despite any obstacles they had encountered.
Really good points there, it makes sense.Makuta did activate the bohrok prematurely, but he hadn't considered their true purpose, that they are essenteally cleaners and he didnðt have any means of altering their objectives.And since we know that they were transformed from Av-Matoran, it'd only make sense that neither bohrok nor krana would intentiionally harm a fellow being unless they persist to be a nuisance that interrupts the mission of the bohrok.That's where krana come in. Not only do they allow bohrok to efficiently handle different obstacles, but the krana can be used to take over a victim and force them to help aid the bohrok with the mission.After the krana forced a victim to help clean off the camoflage or in other words deal with the task at hand, it'd propably lessen the control to allow the to remove tha krana or bend the users will to be ordered to evacuate into a nearby nest head inside the robot.But the Toa never knew any of that, they thought krana would bring destruction and evil.
Hmm, that does make a lot of sense. And it certainly patches up the flaws of my theory. I guess the Bohrok Kaita were also used to get rid of aliens.

I think the original purpose of the krana's ability to take over people was in case a Matoran or other MU inhabitant escaped to the surface, the krana was supposed to guide them back inside. So they wouldn't have been made to control Agori or Glatorian.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

I think the original purpose of the krana's ability to take over people was in case a Matoran or other MU inhabitant escaped to the surface, the krana was supposed to guide them back inside. So they wouldn't have been made to control Agori or Glatorian.

Just thought of something: the GBs probably would have thought controlling an organic being's mind to be immoral, but they wouldn't have considered MU inhabitants to have "minds" in the first place.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

Just thought of something: the GBs probably would have thought controlling an organic being's mind to be immoral, but they wouldn't have considered MU inhabitants to have "minds" in the first place.
While it is a legitimate point that the GBs would not think that the MU inhabitants had minds, I am not sure that they would view mind control of alien species as immoral. After all, which is more moral, controlling an alien species or killing it? If they could control an alien species and get them out of the way of Mata Nui, I think that they would, but I don't think they had that option available. It was easier for them to program the Bohrok to kill alien species that they ran across than to have them mind-control them, and that is what they did. Also, it wasn't like the GBs wanted to broadcast to the universe "Hey, we are observing you" hence the camouflage system in the first place. Killing off the aliens that interfered with the Bohrok's mission would leave no witnesses to the strange occurrence that just happened. And, the GBs were short on time in building these creations. Likely morals were sacrificed for speed and efficiency.