Techna

Legolover-361

OOC: I'm letting Thuiop get out of the protosteel because you have the right to continue story, but a Pakari user could not destroy protosteel. It's like the bionicle equivalent of diamond and Titanium mixed, and no amount of superstrength could break that.IC: (Glitch Paradox)Scorpio sighed as the ADR ran into the room. His brain had already ran the scenarios. Rolling behind the bar, counter, he used his Iron powers to hold the ADRs perfectly still while he talked to Renen. "Mind telling the 'bots were innocent? They seem to think we're the criminals. Also, it seems that my Iron powers will be of even more use to you, considering the condition of the place." Shade dove for cover, rolling behind a table. Sitting there, surpise riddiling his features, sat Nathius, eyes wide. "Kid, I'm the good guy." Growled the Zyglak.

Edited by Lord Darkon

pNNgXax.jpg

OOC: And Zyglak are immune to being blinded by lightning, thus allowing them to rush forward and tackle someone they can't see. Thuiop has his arm strength enhancers that improve his brute strength.IC: Metal Kitty & the Gang / Implant Your Cash!"Bad news boss." Swuiop said as she entered the backroom. "We've got a new enemy out on the street."Kinksh slammed his fists down. He was about 63% complete with Stage 1. Now these two dared return with nothing to show - and with bad news in addition.From in the shadow, the metal cat lunged forward, pulling the suprised Swuiop to the ground and grabbing her by the neck, dragging her over. Thuiop stared, worried, but even he was smart enough not to second guess Kinksh.Spinning his chair around, Kinksh looked down at his operative. The cat let go and rushed away, back in the shadows. "What do you mean?""We... we ran into two other thugs. We could have anihilated them, but three others - not affiliated with them, luckily - decided to attack us while we were in the middle of defeating them. They all acted in sync though, which was odd, considering they didn't seem to know each other, and we had previously observed them killing each other.""They're not the only ones who will be killing each other." Kinksh replied. "Tell me, Swuiop? If I send you back out, will you and the lunkhead back there be able to beat them? Or shall Rinnder handle them?""We can do it.." she replied, trying to stand up. He put his foot on her chest to stop her. "But we need something to help against psionic attacks. Something against cold too. Something against telepathy is all we need, really, so he can't read our movements."Kinksh sighed. "Who is this person?""Squishy guy hurt brain. Big guy dumb. Icy." Thuiop said.As Kinksh placed his face in his palm, Swuiop said, "It's true. He's even dumber than Thuiop. And a lot uglier."Kinksh moved his foot off of Swuiop. She quickly pulled herself up and walked backwards, grasping her chest and neck, which had puncture marks from the damage the cat inflicted on her."Take care of them." he responded. "Keep in radio contact with that brain implant. If you have a brain to use. Take the implants you need and get the Karzahni out of my shop!"Thuiop pointed at the large boxes, and asked, "What about those?""Right now these ADR are more important to me than you two. These infidels in charge are unimportant.""What if he reads the plans from our minds?""That's why you only know a portion of the plan."Rinnder walked in behind them, and Kinksh said, "Even Rinnder here knows only the beginning of the plan."Swuiop chuckled. "Seriously? But what if he learns about your plan for the ADR?" "You don't even know the whole plan to the ADR, or their number." Kinksh replied. "You may know 5% of the plan at the most. Leave now, you two. Get the implants put in as quickly as possible and get to work killing those two. I don't care what it takes. And know this - if they show up here, they'll be the least of your worries."She nodded, then left. Thuiop followed. They went down the isles, picking out the implants they would need for the task. Thuiop put them in a box and grunted as he looked at what was there. They would be succesful in dealing with their competition problem, including an upgrade for the brain implant that would cause anyone using telepathy on them to be targeted with excuciating mental pain."Lets go." she said, leading Thuiop out. It was time to get to work.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: (Science District, Volin's Workshop)As soon as the crucible was hot enough, Critek placed a level seven regeneration Kanoka inside and returned to his conversation with Krayzikk."How? I woke up screaming in an abandoned building a few blocks from here. I nearly killed myself just trying to walk and stubbled outside. Then I... blacked out for a bit..."The Matoran wasn't lying. Even with his mask, there was an empty spot in his memory from when he had left the building and when he had met Incommodo.Odd...

Credits: Xanis

"Don't Panic."

IC: Krayzikk, Appalled, Science DistrictKrayzikk was silent for a moment. Then he spoke, "Which direction was this building? Can you describe it?"As he said this, his voice took on a hard edge to it. This one case hit a little to close too home, a little too similar to..... Krayzikk shook himself out of the past and back to the present. He wouldn't let it happen to anyone else.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Amnchey/Pro Coding Corp CEO's Office, Hacking the Techna MainframeIC:

"Th-they weren't using my laptop... Uh, s-sure..." she responded. The laptop seemingly stayed asleep. All that popped on the screen was, "Low power," then nothing. It seemed Amnchey had modified her laptop - even this secondary one - to ignore even the Toa Techna. "S-sorry about that. I j-just really like to be p-protected. Here, let me ulock i-it."On the screen came Password?> Password entered.Accepted.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

OOC: Big mistake, ToD. :PIC (hover-taxi, above Central Square):Torch glanced sharply to Amnchey. "You deleted the backdoor entrance?"The distraught Steltian nodded slowly, her eyes darting from Torch to the laptop and back again."I could arrest you for that," said the Toa Techna of Plasma.Amnchey's eyes widened. "B-but I have m-my privacy--!""Not when you're under suspicion, you don't," Torch cut her off.In the resultant silence, Torch ran a quick search of the files for any that would corrupt a computer if run. Rather than open and run the file, it scanned the commands each program would execute to determine if the commands, when run in sequence, would cause any damage to the computer on which it was run.The search took half a minute; it came up empty."Your laptop's clean, but I'll have to run another search through your building," said Torch. "Standard protocol. If anyone's hiding anything there, we'll find it."

IC:Enaltai wanted to laugh, though he didn't know if it wasn't a sad laugh too. Here his opponent was, trying to attack him with the leg of a chair.Oh well. Enaltai knew Matrapolix's powers; this would've proven a slight bit of trouble--- with his left wristblade, definitely. And it was that wristblade he used to parry, thus precipitating something of an angry roar when he took a few blows. But his parrying delayed Matrapolix long enough. His quick arm shot forward, slashing at, and through, the piece of wood.ooc: sorry about your piece of wood but it... is a piece of wood. it's not particularly resistant to the cut of steel.

-==IC: Kairan//Housing District==-Kairan nodded, as he ran back to where the Toa had been... However; there was no sign of him. Kairan muttered under his breath, and shook his head."I'll bet he fled the moment we turned our backs..." Kairan said with a frown, and thought for a moment."Where do you think he might've gone? Somewhere else in the Housing District? Toward the Science District? Into the Information District?" Kairan wondered, and sighed, but paused, as he frowned. He noticed some scorch marks on the walls near where Tsuki had been standing... however, they were marks indicative of simply passing by, but seemingly of the fireball being launched from there. Kairan growled."That Toa must have been lying... There's no way that fireball was traveling far enough to fly over his head... It was launched from here... Right here." Kairan said, but frowned."The odd thing is, he didn't seem to have any of the typical signs of lying..."

Amnchey/Pro Coding Corp CEO's Office, Hacking the Techna MainframeIC:

"S-sorry..." Amnchey said, looking rather hurt as she turned away. She wondered how far the laptop had gotten in the past few minutes, as she gave it pretty clear commands to do anything to get the program uploaded. So it was still tearing at the security, doing all it could.She still couldn't figure out why. Why did she want to destroy everything? The more she thought about it, the more it seemed absolutely stupid. Really, really stupid. Sighing to herself, she turned back to Torch and said, "Actually, there is something I need to tell you."

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

IC:BuellBuell laughed loudly as he closed connection to Upsilon. So a Toa of Air named Miha was planning to kill him. As if she could actually kill him. He would savor her death more than any other.Suddenly the door to his office burst open, revealing a Toa of Air wearing a Miru.“Buell! Your reign of try-“ her bold statement was cut off by Buell shooting her in the stomach with his shotgun.“I assume that you are Miha.” Buell said with a sadistic grin. “Since I’m such a nice guy, I’ll give you this piece of information for free. When attempting to assassinate somebody, shoot first, talk later.”Miha staggered to her feet. “You killed my-““Yes yes, I killed your father. His name was… Zygad right? A psychologist?” Buell laughed at Miha shocked face. “What? I run a company that survives on knowing almost anything and everything, and you’re amazed I know who you are?”“But-““But nothing. You were very sloppy, informing Upsilon of your plans.” Buell laughed.

-----

It was a few days after Zygad had died. Miha and Virthee had grown close over the few days, Virthee visiting Miha every days. Miha, was stuck living with people she didn’t know.One day, Miha visited Virthee, walking in while he was working.“Hey Virthee!”“Hey Miha, what’s up?”“Umm… I was wondering if I could stay here for a while.” Miha asked as she sat down on a chair next to Virthee.“What, in my office?” Virthee asked, tilting his head. “Well… You know, I could work here.”“Oh, so you want a job. Okay,” Virthee quickly grabbed a piece of paper to write down her credentials. “Have you ever worked under a doctor?”Miha grinned and proudly said, “Nope.”“Okay… Uh… Did you study any of your father’s techniques?” Virthee inquired, having learned that Zygad was a mental doctor.The grin was enlarged. “Not a single one!”Virthee sighed, then said, “Do you know anything at all about medicine?”“Not a bit!”“Miha! I’m failing to understand what I’d hire you for.” Virthee said exasperatedly.“I can do tons of things!” Miha said. “I’ll keep your couch warm whenever you leave, and I’ll make sure none of your food spoils! I don’t even need a salary!”“Well that’s good.” Virthee muttered.“All you need to do is feed me three meals every day. And I'll provide a pleasant mood, and I’ll share everything that I have.” She grinned. “Sound good to you?”“Well…” Virthee said, a small frown appearing.“Wait! I can do even better! I can protect your hut when you are away! ‘Cause nobody fights like a Visic!”Virthee chuckled. “Miha, calm down. As a father… Well frankly I stink! I had a pet, it died in a week! I just can’t see myself undertaking this task…”Miha looked down. “Well… There was another reason. Ever since dad died, I’ve felt so alone. My brother and sister left me all by myself. But then you came along, and I felt like there was somebody that I could rely on.”Virthee patted her on the back. “Alright, alright.” He laughed. “I’m convinced; I’ll give it a shot.”“Thank you Virthee.” Miha said, beaming back at Virthee.The two lived together, father and adopted daughter. Then, Virthee finally got married, and had a son: Bio. The four lived together for a very long time.

-----

BuellBuell kicked Miha as she lay on the ground. He had just scanned her memories, and memorized each and every one that he could use. “Any last words, Miha Visic?”BioBio grinned as he finished off his burger. “That was delicious Dreenan. I’m gonna come here more oft-“Incomming Message from ‘Sis’Accept?>YesJoined conversation.List of participants:‘Sis’‘Dad’‘Me’Sis: Goodbye Bio. Goodbye Virthee. I love you both. I wish I could tell you this in person but-Connection lost.‘Sis’ dropped from conversation.Bio: Dad? What was that about? Is sis okay?Dad:I don’t know. Would you check up on her for me?Bio: Sure. Bye.Bio exited the conversation and brought himself back to the present. “Sorry guys, I have to go. I need to go check on my sis.” He tossed Dreenan his debit card(which was linked to an empty bank acount, unknown to Bio.) and started to walk out of the 'Spark of Genius.'

"I'll do it... If that is the choice of Stein's Gate!

I am the mad scientist, Hououin Kyouma!

Fooling the world is nothing to me!"

IC (hover-taxi, flying over the Information District):Torch turned. Amnchey winced a little, as if expecting the Toa of Plasma to explode.That couldn't be farther from the truth."Amnchey," said Torch, his voice surprisingly placid, "you can tell me anything. I've devoted my life to Techna. I live only becuase you all do." He glanced out the hover-taxi's window to the much farther, much larger window to the south that protected Techna from outside. The stars glimmered, prompting in Torch's mind the image of long-lost friends rising to greet him."Just like the Toa back in the Matoran Universe..."He turned back to Amnchey, his eyes a little guilty. "Sorry. You were saying?"

IC - Central SquareMatrapolix was holding back. Was there a hint of remembrance? Of his brotherhood of his opponent? Either way, he'd been taking it easy. He'd gone through the window, he'd used normal strength, he hadn't even gotten his sword.The wood sliced easy enough. He hadn't expected it to do much damage. He hadn't wanted it to do much damage. He wanted Enaltai to come back, say it was all a joke...I've been working with you guys all along, Mat. Naming Day Fools!Of course, that wasn't going to happen. The only Hacker he could ever forgive......the one who never intended to apologize. Now, he had to be taken down.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: NikaronNikaron had finished his Burger already, and so had Sil. Tossing his widgets to Dreenan he stood up and followed after Bio. "Sorry Dreenan can't race right now." He turned to Bio, "Look man, you got a problem I got your back." Nikaron had sensed the worry in Bio's voice and thus wanted to help.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC: Swuiop & Thuiop / Volins WorkshopSwuiop and Thuiop walked into Volins Workshop, a place they knew they could get implanted at. Thuiop slammed the box with the couple implants they needed down and Swuiop rang the bell, calling, "You've got customers!"IC: Kinksh / Implant Your Cash!Kinksh inspected his work. This ADR was certainly well modified - shields, grapple hook, and plasma beam, combined with a levitation enhancer to increase speed. Two of them like it, the more powerful of the group. There were almost 70 of them done now, and fully modified with the 'implants' that they needed. He wondered what power benefits he could gain from these implants himself, but shook his head. No, they served a different use.The AI programs had been modified - now, a couple of them were designated as healers. Their primary function was to repair others that were damaged. All registered each other as allied ADR, and other ADR as enemies. However, they weren't programmed to attack until given the command - until then, they would simply appear and in all ways behave as other ADR would, like a new, modified version. Only the Toa Techna would notice this; others would see it as a new batch of police robots. And with their leader dead and one of their number rogue, well... they weren't a threat.At least not a major one. Underestimating your enemy is a novices mistake. One does not win by underestimating your enemy; discounting their ability to fight back and defeat you. Even if you know they can't, make every preparating possible. It was an important thing, and undoubtedly necessary....So much more work.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

IC:Information District:Bio"I'm sure it's nothing." Bio said, waving off Nikaron with a chuckle. "I was just having a conversation with my dad and sister, and she lost connection." He stopped to think about it. "Although... I've never heard of sombody loosing connection with these brain implants..."

Amnchey/In a Taxi with TorchIC:

She took a deep breath before starting, "I, uh... Well, I am a Hacker. I don't know why. Seemed fun, I guess. Power got to my head. Then, when Afel died earlier, I snapped. Felt like I wanted everything else to end. I'd been working on this virus for months, I don't know why. However, I was already making good headway through the security, and I gave my laptop specific orders to do anything it must to get 'Project Blackout' uploaded to the systems. I notice a few street signs flickering now. Seems like its gotten to low security and has started shutting down whatever it can. I wouldn't be surprised if it succeeded within the hour. You need to get to the office. It's under the right side of my desk, in an almost invisible compartment.""And I have one request: Please don't arrest me. My company needs me, and you know how many companies depend on us," Amnchey added hesitantly.

Edited by Toa of Dancing

IC:Information District:Bio"Well... You could if you wanted." Bio said hesitantly. "If it helps, she said that she was hunting down Buell Indigo, owner of Info-Corp. And that she was in the Science District."

IC - NPCHe nodded, marking once more."Could I see your ID?" he inquired.The interview was nearly over."Finally," he said, "Do you have any form of criminal record?"

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC - NPCThe secretary entered the ID into a scanner, where it's priviledges were updated. Handing it back, it now read "Techna Security.""Welcome to the force." he said with a disdainful smile.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: A big smiled appeared on her face behind her mask. She said, "Thanks!" She was so happy. Finally she would get to do something exciting other than writing code for hours on end. She put her id card away and picked up the chair she had knocked over eariler in the interview. She was eager to go on patrol and wondered what her first assignment would be.OOC: Thanks KNI

IC: (Spark of Genius) Dreenan and KyrahkShe snatched up the widgets, delivering another plate of burgers.He lifted himself out of the chair, flexing his back and hissing a chuckle."Well, now I should probably be getting back to work on creating weapons."

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC - Dorcha - Central Square:The square was crowded, and the noise was equally high, but the black figure slouching through the crowd hardly noticed. His eyes were closed to slits, and to all who could see, he seemed utterly lost to the world.In reality, he was focusing hard. Twenty odd feet to his left, a matoran strode, his costly armor and mask setting him slightly apart from the other people in the crowd. Dorcha was focusing his sonar on the area around the matoran, while to the outside observer, having no connection whatsoever to the matoran whom he was guarding.OOC: Okay LL, your cue.

OOC: Holy...Wow, I really have to catch up! :lol: Well, that's cool Darkon. I don't mind looking after your characters. I'll keep them fed and de-worm them and all that stuff. :P Thank you.IC: Renen - The Glitch ParadoxRenen only just managed to stammer out his story to the ADRs, but they seemed to be satisfied, and left. Once that was done, he turned back to the others.They had certainly seen better days, that was for sure. Those four thugs had given them a beating, but they had survived. 'Well...that was something,' he said, not sure what words to use, 'Now then, all three of you look like you need some rest...and some medical attention. But for now...'He took down two sets of keys, tossing one each to Shade and Nathius, 'Rooms 34 and 75. You'll know 'em when you see 'em.'Both nodded and headed up to their rooms. Only Scorpio remained.'Seems a bit strange,' he said, 'Two groups of thugs trying to take over this place?'Renen shrugged, 'Odder stuff has happened. Besides, I know all about being forced out of places.'Scorpio gave him a questioning look, but Renen shot one back that gave the android a clear message, Stay out of my business.With that, both returned to their respective quarters for a night's sleep.IC: Emma - Housing DistictEmma shook her head, 'Didn't you see what mask he was wearing? It was a mask of Remembrance. He mostly likely altered his memories so that he would lie more easily. Mata Nui, I didn't even know that was possible...'-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC Kylus - Information District - Roaming: Kylus was without anything to do, he was somewhat bored, but not to the point where he needed to make excitement to cure it. Perhaps he would find something to do in his roaming... IC Fulok - Science District - Doing Nothing in particular:Fulok once again patrolled the science district, nothing to do, nowhere to go; he wasn't getting any messages from Torch, or the others, so he assumed everything was fine at the moment. With a sigh, he continued his walking, paying little attention to the world around him, and what was going on.OOC: A pointless post.-Fulok

IC: Levacius / Central SquareLevacius stretched, staring out over the busy streets. One of the traffic officers was hit again, and was shouting at the AI operated taxi to stop while writing a ticket to the passenger, who simply stared with questioning eyes."Electricity here is controlled. You never see real lightning." he replied. As he said it, a blast of lightning struck the ground a good 15 Bio away, reaching from the top of Techna down. He grinned. "Of course, you can always make your own. Still, it's not the same. Nothing beats sailing on a stormy night, where the waves shake and the lightning falls from the sky and the pillars of Artahka shake. And though you dread what it could do, you just stare that big ol' storm right square in the eye and say, 'Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it.""Still, it is relaxing. To feel it flow through you. Like sitting out under the suns warm rays on the cold, blue morning that follows a blizzard."He looked around. "We need a weather control machine, you know? More actual life. I don't even think we have a zoo..."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa: