Official My Little Pony topic

~Allegretto~

As a wise colt once said, "Do what makes you happy. (Paul Rudd)" MLP makes us happy, so we shouldn't be ashamed,

I felt overly ashamed when my mom figured it out.And she wanted to know why I watch it. And she kept telling me that it's for little girls, and society will eat you alive for watching it, which, it will, and that's why so many people hide their bronyism. Or bronism... broneeism? However you spell it.-Skar

As a wise colt once said, "Do what makes you happy. (Paul Rudd)" MLP makes us happy, so we shouldn't be ashamed,

I don't subscribed to that way of thinking. Getting things for free makes me happy, but I'm not gonna steal.Hmm... Well tell her it's... Dang. I actually don't know why I like it either.

I felt overly ashamed when my mom figured it out.And she wanted to know why I watch it. And she kept telling me that it's for little girls, and society will eat you alive for watching it, which, it will, and that's why so many people hide their bronyism. Or bronism... broneeism? However you spell it.-Skar
Just tell your mom you watch it because it's an enjoyable show, and it has quality plot and character development. And point out the mass brony following. If she's a rational person, she'll accept it.On the other hoof, if she's not, she'll just think you're werid. My dad saw me watching it online, gave me a weird look and said, "What are you watching?" and I told him. I don't bother to explain it to him. My dad is about as open-minded as Hitler.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Just tell your mom you watch it because it's an enjoyable show, and it has quality plot and character development. And point out the mass brony following. If she's a rational person, she'll accept it.On the other hoof, if she's not, she'll just think you're weird. My dad saw me watching it online, gave me a weird look and said, "What are you watching?" and I told him. I don't bother to explain it to him. My dad is about as open-minded as Hitler.
I said all that, (or tried to) and she still was confused. :/I also told her about the hundreds of thousands of bronies out there, but she still didn't quite believe me. I don't know what she thinks know, but she seems fairly okay with it...

Let her watch it. Maybe she'll like it.

Erm, she kind of just went on a searching spree on another computer, looking for it, and, eh, I don't think she really liked what she saw. :| Then, she found the first episode of season two (which had like +400,000 views) and saw the age range of people that watched the video. Apparently that was all she needed to see, and she didn't say much more about it after that. *Shrug*-Skar Edited by Skarloth

Only my sister know I'm a brony and still gives me weird looks she also said shes getting me a MLP doll for my birthday.

Lucky. You don't have to worry about the social stigma of getting it yourself!

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

I'm pretty open about my bronydom. It doesn't come up too much irl, but I'd have to problem talking to someone about it (except Dad). No one is going to respect us bronies if we don't respect ourselves.

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Yup. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.pngActually when I was playing baseball one time, a catcher was trying to throw me off by saying I watch MLP. But it was like over half a year ago, and I didn't watch it then. :PIf it happens again... I'm gonna qoute MLP.

Pfft, I don't care who knows what shows I watch or what characters I make up or whatnot. It's all just baseless junk to judge someone on. Content of character; judging anyone by anything less than that is mere garbage. Honestly, I don't know what the big deal is about a ton of what people judge others on these days. Gotta say, I wish there was less pollution in the world.Anyway, I've been listening to Pinkie's Parasprite Polka lately, and I've just got a fever for more of that cowbell trombone. XPAnd OmiShad, she's dressed up as my least favorite pony, and I have to admit she's pretty. Maybe not breath-taking, but she doesn't look that bad. XP

Edited by Tekulo: Toa of Wind

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

I also told her about the hundreds of thousands of bronies out there, but she still didn't quite believe me.

Heh, that was my sister's reaction when I told her. :P Seriously, there was about a 10 minute exchange of me telling her about bronies and her going "You mean to tell me...that boys...boys...watch...actually watch... My Little Pony?"

Telling people the average MLP fan looks like this should be more than enough to keep folk in check.

*wolf whistle* Me gusta. :wub:

If you want to see what became of me... I became a brony fan fiction writer.

I did not link that picture so we could objectify her. That wan't even remotely close to my intent.I was more pressing for age. Her age is what you should have caught there. Attitude and personality was a hinted secondary.

Edited by Makaru

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

Yeah, my mother found out I was watching MLP a couple of months ago.During an episode.She took a double take, seeing as I never had an interest in MLP before. I simply told her that this incarnation is wonderful.She was like, *ponyshrug*, OK.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

XD, sorry Makaru. If it's any consolation, I got to make a really lame joke because of the misunderstanding? XP-ponyfail-I believe I've already shared how my dad found out I'm a brony. XP My mom doesn't seem to care. Then again, I'm approaching the end of my teenaged days and I'm still interesting highly in LEGO, Bionicle, cartoons such as Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Zelda (Oh. I love the Zelda), etc. So, I think they're used to my crazy-nerdy-ness. XPOf course, going on a pony rant to my brother, Akano: Toa of Electricity, is sooo fun. "So, there's this voice of reason character named Twilight Sparkle-""...Wait... You're telling me this character is the voice of reason and her name is Twilight Sparkle?""Uh... Yes? =D""...OMG, I need football"Funny thing is, he's not even a sports fan. XD Edited by Tekulo: Toa of Wind

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

I did not link that picture so we could objectify her. That wan't even remotely close to my intent.I was more pressing for age. Her age is what you should have caught there. Attitude and personality was a hinted secondary.

Ohh... Well then. Nevermind what I was saying. But she's a girl, so people gonna look.And since she's a girl, it doesn't help us bro-nies.

Ohh... Well then. Nevermind what I was saying. But she's a girl, so people gonna look.And since she's a girl, it doesn't help us bro-nies.
It kinda does... she's 20% cooler than those non-Pegasisters dressed as Rainbow Dash.

LlqByyh.png

Because she wants to be 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat? :)

Edited by Valenti

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

If ya post twice in a short time and nopony posts between yours, they'll get merged.

f9Qcky7.png