Official My Little Pony topic

~Allegretto~

I haven't read the other posts because of time issues, but I'll jump to conclusions and guess you're talking about Luna Eclipsed. Here we gooo:

It was a pretty awesome episode, with great character moments like Pinkie and Derpy. Luna was wonderful, and well, she was just trying to fit in. Her new look was way cool, and something about her voice: It sounds a lot more mature. They grow so fast. :')ALSO TRADITIONAL ROYAL CANTERLOT VOICE ! ! ! !However, I feel neutral about Pipsqueak. He's okay, but I hope he doesn't take the spotlight of any episode. Introducing one new character was enough. pipsqueak_oh_nonono_please_no.jpg nuuuuuu~ He also kind of looks like a pound puppy dog. xP

See you in two days or so. XP

Edited by Darky Hooves

"cool dude"

I haven't read the other posts because of time issues, but I'll jump to conclusions and guess you're talking about Luna Eclipsed. Here we gooo:

It was a pretty awesome episode, with great character moments like Pinkie and Derpy. Luna was wonderful, and well, she was just trying to fit in. Her new look was way cool, and something about her voice: It sounds a lot more mature. They grow so fast. :')ALSO TRADITIONAL ROYAL CANTERLOT VOICE ! ! ! !However, I feel neutral about Pipsqueak. He's okay, but I hope he doesn't take the spotlight of any episode. Introducing one new character was enough. pipsqueak_oh_nonono_please_no.jpg nuuuuuu~ He also kind of looks like a pound puppy dog. xP

See you in two days or so. XP

I just watched the episode myself, and this post pretty much sums up my review for it. lol :P It seems like there could have been more to it, though, even though the episodes are only 30 minutes long (20-22 to be exact), I still feel like not enough happened in it. WOONA was awesome (albeit thin) but reminded me too much of Celestia (maybe it was the mane). Overall, a good episode, if only for the Luna appearance. -Skar

Saw the new episode.Luna is gorgeous. I love everything about her.Also glad to see Zecora again. I was wondering what happened to her. Sad that there was no Rarity.I probably have more to say, but that's all for now. Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

Will someone please explain why a bunch of people like this show so much?! I watched the first six episodes of season 1, just so I could form an accurate opinion... It's cute and everything, but an internet phenomenon about anime ponies? Really? I just don't get it.Ok, let the flaming begin, lol.

Current Epic: Life is a Blank - last post Jan. 22

My Library: The Esoteric Athenaeum

Member of the Epic Critics' Club

aa0ef09c4ad9bf8017ddec306412e550_zpscff1

In the fanon, she was a little bit TOO shy and delicate, which just wasn't appropriate for a princess/God of the moon.

I wouldn't know since I have read very few ponyfics (too busy with BZP, vidya gaems, and work), but mine is going to be far from that. I'm just glad I held off writing anymore so that I could pin her personality better. I've heard she'll at least be making brief appearances in more S2 eps, so I may hold off longer.

Will someone please explain why a bunch of people like this show so much?! I watched the first six episodes of season 1, just so I could form an accurate opinion... It's cute and everything, but an internet phenomenon about anime ponies? Really? I just don't get it.

Oh, don't call it anime. Some people will pounce on you for mislabeling it that. And I can assure you, "[...]it will not be done with mercy!"[/WilburRobinson] Really, if you want your best answer, head to the blogs and use the search function. There've been innumerable entries and comments explaining such. Quite frankly, I'm a bit tired of answering the same thing all the time. :P Back to Luna, I decidedly kept my expectations to a minimum and am glad I did. There were many nice touches, such as giving her a regal mane (say what you will about whether or not it looks better, it makes sense), speaking as though she'd been gone for a millennium, and the way she referred to herself as "we" and "us" because of being possessed by Nightmare Moon. One thing that I didn't like though were the brief moments when she sounded 100% like Rarity. Other than that, I think they did a fine job making her unique.

76561198002924926.png

If The Good Lord had intended us to walk

He would not have invented roller skates.
-- Willy Wonka

I know that for her brief speaking roles in Episode 2 of Season 1, Tabitha St. Germain voiced Luna, and she also voices Rarity. So that's understandable, if they didn't change Luna's voice actress. :P

Edited by Sumiki

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Will someone please explain why a bunch of people like this show so much?! I watched the first six episodes of season 1, just so I could form an accurate opinion... It's cute and everything, but an internet phenomenon about anime ponies? Really? I just don't get it. Ok, let the flaming begin, lol.

I know I'm gonna get the pants ninja'd off me, but I'll talk anyways. First off, we would never flame anyone for having an opinion hat differs from our own ones, and you aren't even being that negative. Secondly, everyone has their own reasons for liking it, but there are key reasons that make the show so likeable. I personally find the show funny, well written, and amazing. The voice acting is spot on, as is the animation. Even though the show is geared towards young girls, it has managed to capture the attention of an older audience, much older. If you want more elaborate reasons why lots of people like this show, just wait, I'm sure everyone here can come up with great reasons as to why they like the show. -Skar

[...] and the way she referred to herself as "we" and "us" because of being possessed by Nightmare Moon. [...]

That was actually just her using the royal form of 'we' which just adds to her outdated way of speaking (which I really liked =D)
Oh.... Well now you're just ruining my fun. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/angry.png

76561198002924926.png

If The Good Lord had intended us to walk

He would not have invented roller skates.
-- Willy Wonka

Will someone please explain why a bunch of people like this show so much?! I watched the first six episodes of season 1, just so I could form an accurate opinion... It's cute and everything, but an internet phenomenon about anime ponies? Really? I just don't get it. Ok, let the flaming begin, lol.

To get a good idea of the show at its best, try "Lesson Zero". Exploding barns, bearfighting and a psychotic purple unicorn!

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

Personally, I like it because of the voice acting and animation, plot, and moral basis. It gets into everyday life and Equestrian culture quite a bit, which interests me.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

I like it because of the great characters. Really well written and rather funny.Animation's not bad either.

charr_sig.jpg

With the clamor of anvils and the thunder of guns, we rip each day from life's teeth.

I'm really late into the brony thing, but I am now, officially, a brony. Now to catch up on everything that happened, and also to throw what is left of my self-dignity away. XD

It's never too late to join the herd. Heck, I missed out on the entire first season and I'm just as immersed into the culture as anyone else. EDIT: Typo. =< Edited by Emkay

G A Y   A S   H E C K

I'm really late into the brony thing, but I am now, officially, a brony. Now to catch up on everything that happened, and also to throw what is left of my self-dignity away. XD

It's never too late to join the herd. Heck, I missed out on the entire first season and I'm just as immersed into the culture as anyone else. EDIT: Typo. =<
There is no loss of self-dignity in bronydom. I myself became a brony but a week ago, and I'm still as arrogantly proud as I was before! And I told you people, we are a STRING, not a HERD.

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Hey guys, why are you spoilering everything? I wouldn't read this topic unless I watched the new episode. Plus it wouldn't be the end of the world. So: The is another favorite episode, quite possibly coming to fourth (which would mean my four favorites are the four episodes of S2). I love how they completely subverted how most people portray Luna. Except for when she was like people portrayed her. And that's why she was perfect. Also archaic speaking made her that much more awesome. Littlepip made me lol. I <3'd Zecora making an appearance. She was awesome. Fluttershy was adorable as usual, and BAD TWILIGHT you made her run into a door. Except that I did burst out laughing... And Granny Smith and Luna's quotes lol. @Alyska: OH THANK GOD THEY DIDN'T.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

I always thought we were a cult...

A cult of colts?
And occasional fillies.
Although we're technically only colts and fillies if we're under four year of age, lol. But no matter. Btw, I've decided we're a herd, too. I am a proud colt!

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg