Official My Little Pony topic

~Allegretto~

Well, "A Bird in the Hoof" IS a very good episode; in fact, I think that if I was going to try and convert someone, that would probably be the first episode I'd recommend.Out of interest, does anyone here have an in-order list of episodes that non-bronies should watch? My top three would probably be A Bird in the Hoof, Bridle Gossip and Lesson Zero.

Obviously Lesson Zero, it has ever character, and explains the plot very well, that was my first episode.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Is it odd the the timberwolves are my favorite creature of the show yet? Because they were kinda creepy and made of plants?

Nah, I agree, they're pretty cool. Certainly not the scariest thing we've seen, but a more subtle creepy that works pretty well. I like 'em.

zolfbanner.jpg

So take my hand, Now you'll never be lonely, Not when I'm home, sweet home

I see your star, you left it burning for me

Mother, I'm here

Okay. I need some guidance.You guys may know me as the host of the non-brony list of BZPower. Please give me the benefit of the doubt for the moment, though.Before MLP:FiM got big on BZPower, I watched an episode. Something about a dragon...doing something he thought was bad and having to run away because of it. I thought it was garbage, gave up on show.Back when BZP came online, I was kinda disappointed everyone liked this show. I resisted, I made some judgements about Bronies, I kind of snapped and started non-Brony list. But in my defense, the only Brony I know IRL is REALLY obnoxious about it.Well now, pretty much all the Bronies here are okay, heck most of my friends on this site are Bronies. Thought I would give it another shot. I just watched "A Bird in the Hoof."This is the most adorable thing I have ever seen. Although the intro song may have been a bit over the top for me.So my question sort of is WHAT THE HECK IS HAPPENING TO MEEEEEIf someone could guide me, I would appreciate it. :P

Don't panic too much, it's only going to get you running into walls.I advise you take it easy and let your interest take you as far as you want to go into this sort of thing. Just focus on the episodes for the time being, then decide whether you want more or not, at which point you can start sorting through the fandom safely. Decide if you want to check out the intrepetative realm of fan art and the endless possibilities fan-fiction can bring you to. Decide if watching fan videos, which range from clips of the shows becoming images for music videos to various alternate intrepetations of the show, are worth it in the long run. See if you can handle the memetic onslaught of certain aspects, and if you find yourself wanting something in your room that signifies enjoyment.It's all up to you. It's a path most of us have taken, and one that I've treaded myself. I'm still not qutie sure where I've ended up, but that doesn't mean you can't find yourself an answer.

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

I personally think the best way to introduce someone to MLP:FiM is to show them the first two episodes, then The Ticket Master, then Suited for Success, then The Best Night Ever. Those have a very definite continuity, but at the same time each one gives each of the Mane Six a chance to let their personality show. Plus, it's definitely worth it to get Suited for Success and The Best Night Ever in there since those both have wonderful Sondheim-inspired musical numbers.Granted, this requires an audience that will bear with you enough to get past the first and second episodes. In many ways they are weaker than many other episodes because they have a somewhat formulaic plot that merely exists to hold together the exposition of the Mane Six. But then, I feel that exposition is some of the best in the series, as it was the first thing to introduce these six characters, their interests, their strengths, and their weaknesses to the world as a whole. Additionally, it can be really, really confusing to introduce someone to the series with an episode that shows one or more of the Mane Six out of their element if the viewer hasn't seen how they behave in their element.If you are unsure that a person could easily sit through the first two episodes without running off, then it might be better to start with The Ticket Master, even though that one is better after being introduced to the fact that Pinkie Pie does, in fact, have a tendency to shift into bouncy musical numbers.

This is a rough draft of an RPG me and some bronies are making. I posted something similar a couple pages back, but that was merely the THOUGHT of this. THIS is the actual story Idea of it.

MY LITTLE PONY THE RISE OF GREED Before Equestria belonged to the Ponies, it belonged to the Dragons. These were dark times for the Equestrians, as they were forced to live underground for years, some, even for their entire life. Dragons, Simply put, are the most foul creatures in all the land. They are greedy, arrogant, and overall, destructive. This often led to massive wars raging between the Dragons that would last for years, or even decades.

During times like these, the skies were always blackened with smoke, and there were many years when sunlight never touched the ground. These years were called "The Years of Greed" Eventually, the Great Unicorn, Swirl Beard the Magnificent, made a spell to expel the dragons from the land, and peace has been restored ever since. That is, Peace was restored until about three weeks ago. To the far west, Dragons have been attacking the small towns, and were closing in on the other cities. Princess Celestia, The Princess of the Sun, recognized the threat when the first rumors of Dragons had appeared. As a means to be ready, she sent word to her student, Twilight Sparkle, who, together with her five friends, travelled the lands finding gifted ponies who would be valuable for the protection of Equestria. She called this group the Peacekeepers, and they have been travelling across the land defeating Dragons, but will this resistance succeed? Or will The Spirit of Greed rise once more? Any Thoughts? Yay or Neigh?

Edited by Zionfighter7G

It's been so long since I've been on a forum site, I forgot how to Banner.

This is a problem that Mark Ruffalo had at the start of Thor: Ragnarok, but mine is more difficult.

Although, I think an equal amount of Chris Hemsworth will fix it.

Am I one of the few who still counts the pilot episodes as some of their favorites? :P

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

I liked the pilot eps, honestly. Maybe not as much as some of the later episodes, but they were still good.Return of Harmony I didn't really like as much, though, because it would have worked so much better if it was longer.Also I just counted and found out that I've read at least 100 fanfics.._.

Edited by ~Allegretto~
19704_s.gif

Okay. I need some guidance.You guys may know me as the host of the non-brony list of BZPower. Please give me the benefit of the doubt for the moment, though.Before MLP:FiM got big on BZPower, I watched an episode. Something about a dragon...doing something he thought was bad and having to run away because of it. I thought it was garbage, gave up on show.Back when BZP came online, I was kinda disappointed everyone liked this show. I resisted, I made some judgements about Bronies, I kind of snapped and started non-Brony list. But in my defense, the only Brony I know IRL is REALLY obnoxious about it.Well now, pretty much all the Bronies here are okay, heck most of my friends on this site are Bronies. Thought I would give it another shot. I just watched "A Bird in the Hoof."This is the most adorable thing I have ever seen. Although the intro song may have been a bit over the top for me.So my question sort of is WHAT THE HECK IS HAPPENING TO MEEEEEIf someone could guide me, I would appreciate it. :P

ALL UR BASE ARE BELONG TO PONIES.YOU'LL SHALL BE CONVERTED FOR GREAT JUSTICE.YOUR NORMAL LIFE HAS NO CHANCE TO SURVIVE MAKE YOUR TIME.you shall be draggged deeper untill you finally fall into our power.there is nothing you can do to stop it.your fate cannot be avoided.YOUR DOOMSDAY SHALL BE THY IRONICY.let's face it, i am creepy.

This is a rough draft of an RPG me and some bronies are making. I posted something similar a couple pages back, but that was merely the THOUGHT of this. THIS is the actual story Idea of it.

MY LITTLE PONY THE RISE OF GREED Before Equestria belonged to the Ponies, it belonged to the Dragons. These were dark times for the Equestrians, as they were forced to live underground for years, some, even for their entire life. Dragons, Simply put, are the most foul creatures in all the land. They are greedy, arrogant, and overall, destructive. This often led to massive wars raging between the Dragons that would last for years, or even decades.

During times like these, the skies were always blackened with smoke, and there were many years when sunlight never touched the ground. These years were called "The Years of Greed" Eventually, the Great Unicorn, Swirl Beard the Magnificent, made a spell to expel the dragons from the land, and peace has been restored ever since. That is, Peace was restored until about three weeks ago. To the far west, Dragons have been attacking the small towns, and were closing in on the other cities. Princess Celestia, The Princess of the Sun, recognized the threat when the first rumors of Dragons had appeared. As a means to be ready, she sent word to her student, Twilight Sparkle, who, together with her five friends, travelled the lands finding gifted ponies who would be valuable for the protection of Equestria. She called this group the Peacekeepers, and they have been travelling across the land defeating Dragons, but will this resistance succeed? Or will The Spirit of Greed rise once more? Any Thoughts? Yay or Neigh?

GOOD CELESTIA NO

What do you get when you multiply 6 times 9?

GOOD CELESTIA NO
Geez, at least be nice about it...Personally I think it sounds pretty nice. I don't know how well it would work from an RP standpoint; I'm not too experienced with that kinda thing.
19704_s.gif

GOOD CELESTIA NO
Geez, at least be nice about it...Personally I think it sounds pretty nice. I don't know how well it would work from an RP standpoint; I'm not too experienced with that kinda thing.
i got something in my mind that tells me something is a bad idea.that was a bad idea.why are these ponies the only ones?why can't celestia do something?why would dragons be the first rulers?how would said dragons fit into plot?and many more problems. and making it a RPG? double the trouble.

What do you get when you multiply 6 times 9?

I like the idea, although I don't see how well members would be able to participate in the story. It seems more like a fan-fic type thing.
jlovfkk.jpg

Anyone else watch Friendship is Witchcraft? Even if I did not like watching the show, it would be worth it so I could fully appreciate the awesome might of Friendship is Witchcraft.

When I first saw this, I was like ...0.o? As much as I am enjoying it, what the what am I watching?Coincidentally, my non-brony sister watched over my shoulder, and was also entertained.

IN CHAOS, ORDER.

-Knight of Kaos

i got something in my mind that tells me something is a bad idea.that was a bad idea.why are these ponies the only ones?why can't celestia do something?why would dragons be the first rulers?how would said dragons fit into plot?and many more problems. and making it a RPG? double the trouble.

It's a rough draft.
19704_s.gif

This is a rough draft of an RPG me and some bronies are making. I posted something similar a couple pages back, but that was merely the THOUGHT of this. THIS is the actual story Idea of it. snip

Any Thoughts? Yay or Neigh?

I like Ponies and RPGs. I don't like the idea that the Mane Six is integral to the story, because that means there will have to be a lot of hand holding from the game master, unless you can work out something clever.I would consider playing it, once I catch up on the RPs I'm already in and have been neglecting.Edit: Also, "Rise Of" is a really tired way of titling something. Edited by Bundalings

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

I'm bored, can anyone recommend a good (short) list of pony music to listen to?

Well, there's-- Oh, you wanted short.What do you like?
I tend toward older rock, orchestral, or dubstep.Pretty much my entire musical taste. :PBut I figure there's enough pony music out there to cover it.
jlovfkk.jpg

I tend toward older rock, orchestral, or dubstep.Pretty much my entire musical taste. :PBut I figure there's enough pony music out there to cover it.
My Little Metal Medley

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

My Little Metal Medley
Party With Pinkie, Cyril With Pinkie, Alex S. Luna Remix, CMC Dubstep Remix for dubstep.No Strings Attached Makkon Remix, For The New Lunar Republic Makkon Remix, Nightmare Night Stormwolf Remix, Beyond Her Garden Stormwolf Remix, Deae Lunae for orchestral.Rock is kind of a hard one... Beatle Bronies? Little Octavia, Hey Spike, and Derpy's Iron Anvil are good.Thinking off the top of my head here, so only a couple artists, but there'll probably be more under suggestions if you want to give those a try. Edited by ~Allegretto~
19704_s.gif

Ya call that short, Sugarcube? :P

Is that a challenge? :P(Well, prolly could omit Cyril With Pinkie since it's just a PWP remix but compared to my full list it's barely anything.)(Although I guess that's not a fair comparison considering my full list)(Darn I'm pointing out the flaws in my own arguments again)(I hate it when I do that)
19704_s.gif

@ToD All will be filled out. Already working on it. Open? No, Adult Dragons cannot. Baby Dragons, yes.

i got something in my mind that tells me something is a bad idea.that was a bad idea.

Well THAT'S Descriptive -_-

why are these ponies the only ones?

Because a Pony with a ability of Jump Roping wouldn't be helpful for defeating DRAGONS , Would it?

why can't celestia do something?

AS WAS MENTIONED IN MY POST, THIS IS A ROUGH DRAFT. I'M WORKING ON IT.

why would dragons be the first rulers?

Dragons, being as OLD AS TIME, OBVIOUSLY were the first rulers. And besides. Dragons are Always ALWAYS ALWAYS the first rulers.

how would said dragons fit into plot?

Canon Plot? Well we CERTAINLY can't have CANON Plot Ideas, as that would be PLAGUERISM.

and many more problems. and making it a RPG? double the trouble.

Care to share those? It IS a Rough Draft. And that's KIND of what I need. Edited by Zionfighter7G

This is a problem that Mark Ruffalo had at the start of Thor: Ragnarok, but mine is more difficult.

Open, as in make it not as railroaded. Leave things we can do on our own.Also, I might just be interested in co-GMing it if you need me.

Ah, yes, that is the plan, and If you want, you can be a GM.

Well, I'd probably join, but I've never Pony RP'd before, so expect me to do badly, get in everyone's way and then stop posting when I lose confidence. :P

Haha, neither have I!So new experiance for us all, and a majority of other people.@Everyone: Working on the updated Story, and will have it re-posted here later today.

Geez, how many co-GMs you gonna have? :P Anyways, I'm basicly here to adress the concern about the Mane 6 being too integral to the plot: They're really not, from how we're looking to play it. They'll be there, but mainly more to be used as tools for the GMs to interact with the players. We don't want this thing to revolve around the Mane 6, and that's why we just have them in there as kind of a backup... Okay, and a little bit because some of us want to have the chance to RP as characters we like. :P

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

So.I don't come in here often. But I really have neglected the fan stuff too much.Could anyone here potentially recommend some of the good stuff made (basically anything) by fans? If the community is anything to go by, I'm going to assume there's a lot of good MLP-related stuff created by fans. Also, the next episode sounds good. No doubt it will live up to expectations.

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Also, Iwould reccomend anything by PinkiePieSwear. I'm addicted to the stuff that guy's done. :)

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

Geez, how many co-GMs you gonna have? :P Anyways, I'm basicly here to adress the concern about the Mane 6 being too integral to the plot: They're really not, from how we're looking to play it. They'll be there, but mainly more to be used as tools for the GMs to interact with the players. We don't want this thing to revolve around the Mane 6, and that's why we just have them in there as kind of a backup... Okay, and a little bit because some of us want to have the chance to RP as characters we like. :P

What Korkoa said.Also, to answer your question, If I can aquire them, Six.That way it'll ALL be balanced.

I have some RPG moderating experience, though at the moment I am shirking my duties and so I'm not the best candidate right now. If I get my life in better order you can have me if you want me. XP

I know the feeling...