Official My Little Pony topic

~Allegretto~

Moving On: Silver Spoon's Story is great.

Agreed, I've always been a sucker for "regretful antagonist redeems herself" stories. Although, Silver Spoon doesn't show many signs of actual refinement in the show....I guess you can't blame her for being a little girl, I guess. :POn the subjecty of an MLP RPG, I would obviously be very eager to join. Regardless of whether there's a story or not, I think it would be helpful just to establish some common areas and businesses, especially as places for newcomers to "arrive." On the other hand, it might be just as fun to have members establish their own shops and organizations. (policeponies, anyone? ;)) Edited by Keizah the Kaleidoscope

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

(policeponies, anyone? ;))

Stop right there, criminal scum. Wish I had my pony picture for this.So I finally watched the beginning and I'll probably slowly start watching the rest that I need to. I wouldn't call myself a brony, or even a really big fan, but it probably won't take much to push me off the slippery slope.For some reason I really want to do a Protomen-influenced fic, could be OC filled, could be characters from the show. Just have a few ideas rolling around in my head, undoubtedly it'd be pretty dark for such a light-hearted fandom but not too dark. I just can't write nice stuff. I can't, I tried, it never works out!I'm not sure how to feel about this club song with MLP references that came out in November. I mean I love the sound of it but....

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

For some reason I really want to do a Protomen-influenced fic, could be OC filled, could be characters from the show. Just have a few ideas rolling around in my head, undoubtedly it'd be pretty dark for such a light-hearted fandom but not too dark. I just can't write nice stuff. I can't, I tried, it never works out!

Actually, a lot of the fanfiction is pretty dark (in before ******** reference), although I guess that is a matter of opinion. :P Edited by Keizah the Kaleidoscope

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

For some reason I really want to do a Protomen-influenced fic, could be OC filled, could be characters from the show. Just have a few ideas rolling around in my head, undoubtedly it'd be pretty dark for such a light-hearted fandom but not too dark. I just can't write nice stuff. I can't, I tried, it never works out!

Actually, a lot of the fanfiction is pretty dark (in before Cupcakes reference), although I guess that is a matter of opinion. :P
While they're occasionally interesting in a morbid sort of way, I find that the dark!pony fics tend to sort of undermine the whole point of the show. It's like people are trying to say nothing can be THAT nice/cool/good. Edited by Toa Novu

zolfbanner.jpg

So take my hand, Now you'll never be lonely, Not when I'm home, sweet home

I see your star, you left it burning for me

Mother, I'm here

While they're occasionally interesting in a morbid sort of way, I find that the dark!pony fics tend to sort of undermine the whole point of the show. It's like people are trying to say nothing can be THAT nice/cool/good.

Agreed, although I think it is more a sign of morbidity in internet culture in general. On the other hand, FIM's scriptwriters kind of encourage it to an extent through the character's drastic personality shifts in certain episodes (Flutterage, Twirage, etc.). You get the feeling that there is much more going under the surface, and people love to explore and/or exploit that. Edited by Keizah the Kaleidoscope

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

Well I'm not trying to undermine the show and its meaning, it's just I write drama I can't write comedy or really happy fics.Basically it'd be an epic. Hopefully full of heartwarming moment, tearjerking scenes, bouts of awesomeness, and funny parts.I'm not sure, I like "20 Percent Cooler" but some of then lyrics, well they're just verging on the bronies that are just well weird to put it plainly. Like writing gruesome fics weird.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

Whats wrong with you guys?!Don't even go there JEEZ

Limbo is switching servers! Please calm you Lava producing farms... Christ.

"This will be my finest hour!" - Fulgrim The Phoenician

"There is a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life" - Leonard Church

"Pinkie Pie Style" - Pinkie Pie

"Oh I know what the Ladies like" - Sgt. Avery Johnson

"I'm A madman with a box! Without a box!" - The Doctor

Applebloom in a bunny suit gave me a heart attack..shes so cute.My friend almost died form Scootaloo in a bunny costume XD

"There is a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life" - Leonard Church

Granny Smith is best old pony. I've loved her appearances throughout Season One and in Season Two (Luna Eclipsed and Sisterhooves Social especially), and this episode delivered with some hilarious moments.Also, Scootaloo should not have been in a bunny costume.Scootaloo is a chicken.This is an absolute established fact.(Also the "What are you? A dictionary?" quote came up again. Got to love the writers!)

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Anypony else see BlueBlood in Sweet and Elite at ever event Rarity was at? I thought Rarity loathed him after the Gala.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Istent the next episode about Pinkie?

Istent the next episode about Pinkie?

Baby Cakes: When the Cakes need a babysitter to watch their twin toddlers, Pinkie Pie decides to take on the task, but she soon realizes she is woefully unprepared for the challenge and must think quick to keep the young children under control.

... oh my goodness. The squee potential. THE CUTENESS POSSIBILITIES OF THIS EPISODE. If the three of them do not end up as a pile of sleeping ponies at some point, I will be major disappointed.

zolfbanner.jpg

Mother, I'm here

As I've said numerous times, the potential for this episode is AMAZING. I just want to see Pinkie having to take a motherly role. And I've silently got my fingers crossed that if they misbehave too much and she can't control the twins, then bam, Pinkamena mode.I think every episode with Pinkie as the mane character will have me hoping for Pinkamena mode. Ah well, doesn't mean it won't happen.

Edited by The Wretched Automaton

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

Ah what did I get myself into? Just by watching the first three episodes, I was smiling every single second. I realize I have a lot of catching up to do (what was it? sixty or so episodes?), but... *deep breath* fluttershyissoawesomeremindsmeofmyselfforsomereason

So I finally watched the beginning and I'll probably slowly start watching the rest that I need to. I wouldn't call myself a brony, or even a really big fan, but it probably won't take much to push me off the slippery slope.

In other words, that.

It's been a short while since I immersed myself back into the world of Bionicle... particularly BZPower. I was surprised to find I couldn't post there. So I raged, then I found...

THE NEW BZPOWER BOARDS?! OMG WAT.

Yes, I was surprised. Miss BBCode, but... this is a nice change. Gonna miss the old forums, even though I NEVER posted on them.

In other news: Darth Revan FTW, Mario is da bomb, Pokemon rocks, Jurassic Park is awesome, Angry Birds is glorious, Bionicle... Is inexplicably awesomely, gloriously, da rocking bomb. FTW.

That's all I have to say.

The last new episode was certainly a whopper of interesting content. The bunny suits... caught me off guard for sure. But Granny Smith was quite entertaining, and her backstory was quite a pleasent suprise as well.And I have to say, I'm a little dissapointed they weren't able to work in Rainbow Dash's opinion on those apples. But I think the most they could do with that is an outright catering to the "20% Cooler" meme.

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

I'm surprised how fast Granny Smith could run in that episode. Especially compared to previous episodes.Heck, she even seemed to walk faster than normal.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

Maybe she finally got a new hip....Or she's Yoda from the Star Wars prequel movies.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Ah what did I get myself into? Just by watching the first three episodes, I was smiling every single second. I realize I have a lot of catching up to do (what was it? sixty or so episodes?), but... *deep breath* fluttershyissoawesomeremindsmeofmyselfforsomereason

So I finally watched the beginning and I'll probably slowly start watching the rest that I need to. I wouldn't call myself a brony, or even a really big fan, but it probably won't take much to push me off the slippery slope.

In other words, that.
A lot of new fans like Fluttershy, what's there not to like about her. Glad you two like the show, hopefully you'll come back for more.For the new episode I liked Granny Smith's story, history of Ponyville is always nice (with a hint of jealous wife). Not mention bunny Apple bloom was...... adorable. My favorite scene in the episode was this. I hope that image will become a meme or list big on the Internet.

overwatch-pharah-mission-statement_Thumb

Okay. I need some guidance.You guys may know me as the host of the non-brony list of BZPower. Please give me the benefit of the doubt for the moment, though.Before MLP:FiM got big on BZPower, I watched an episode. Something about a dragon...doing something he thought was bad and having to run away because of it. I thought it was garbage, gave up on show.Back when BZP came online, I was kinda disappointed everyone liked this show. I resisted, I made some judgements about Bronies, I kind of snapped and started non-Brony list. But in my defense, the only Brony I know IRL is REALLY obnoxious about it.Well now, pretty much all the Bronies here are okay, heck most of my friends on this site are Bronies. Thought I would give it another shot. I just watched "A Bird in the Hoof."This is the most adorable thing I have ever seen. Although the intro song may have been a bit over the top for me.So my question sort of is WHAT THE HECK IS HAPPENING TO MEEEEEIf someone could guide me, I would appreciate it. :P

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

Okay. I need some guidance.You guys may know me as the host of the non-brony list of BZPower. Please give me the benefit of the doubt for the moment, though.Before MLP:FiM got big on BZPower, I watched an episode. Something about a dragon...doing something he thought was bad and having to run away because of it. I thought it was garbage, gave up on show.Back when BZP came online, I was kinda disappointed everyone liked this show. I resisted, I made some judgements about Bronies, I kind of snapped and started non-Brony list. But in my defense, the only Brony I know IRL is REALLY obnoxious about it.Well now, pretty much all the Bronies here are okay, heck most of my friends on this site are Bronies. Thought I would give it another shot. I just watched "A Bird in the Hoof."This is the most adorable thing I have ever seen. Although the intro song may have been a bit over the top for me.So my question sort of is WHAT THE HECK IS HAPPENING TO MEEEEEIf someone could guide me, I would appreciate it. :P

Ddude.... enjoying...... our *faints* Sorry about that but from the symptoms you're I assume you starting to enjoy our show. Trust me sir it is completely natural to dislike ponies at first and they eventually grow on you. A majority of bronies were shocked when they discovered they were enjoying a cartoon for little girls especially my little pony. I'm glad to see you were open minded enough to give it a second chance. I must I was a little s shocked to see you post in this topic. Do you plan on watching more? I'm personally not fond of the opening theme and while it is a bit bearable I like to fast forward through it when I can.Your Brony friend IRL is unusual for a brony, most of don't talk about outside the Internet. Although I can see how he could shape your opinion of bronies.Now if you'll excuse me I have to deal with the aftershocks of this revelation. *faints again*

overwatch-pharah-mission-statement_Thumb

You are being introduced into a life of colors and ponies and a lot of stupid memes. A lot of stupid memes. But also to a very good show.It happens to the best of us. (That's why we're the best) You should watch Sonic Rainboom. Or Lesson Zero. They are good ones to watch,if you just want to check out how good the series may be.

AXKP5KC.png

Well, "A Bird in the Hoof" IS a very good episode; in fact, I think that if I was going to try and convert someone, that would probably be the first episode I'd recommend.Out of interest, does anyone here have an in-order list of episodes that non-bronies should watch? My top three would probably be A Bird in the Hoof, Bridle Gossip and Lesson Zero.

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

Did anyone else find the zap-apples kind of odd in relation to the rest of the established pony universe? Sure, the place runs on magic, but up to this point it's pretty much been magic that we've seen in other things. Manticores and pegasi, magic seeds and glowy floaty magic. The closest thing I can think of to the uniqueness of the zap-apples would be the ursa bears and Pinky's sense, but even those make sense within the context of the show. The zap-apples are just... bizzare.

zolfbanner.jpg

Mother, I'm here

Did anyone else find the zap-apples kind of odd in relation to the rest of the established pony universe? Sure, the place runs on magic, but up to this point it's pretty much been magic that we've seen in other things. Manticores and pegasi, magic seeds and glowy floaty magic. The closest thing I can think of to the uniqueness of the zap-apples would be the ursa bears and Pinky's sense, but even those make sense within the context of the show. The zap-apples are just... bizzare.

They are a bit peculiar, but personally I was a bit more perplexed by the Timber Wolves, those being some of the first "monsters" in MLP:FiM that didn't have some sort of mythological analogue (besides the Parasprites). The Windigos were moving in that direction, but the Timber Wolves demonstrate that problem to an even greater extent, not even referencing a familiar mythological creature in their name.It sort of seems as though we're seeing a similar effect with the animals/monsters as we saw in Avatar: The Last Airbender, with the first mix-and-match critters being chosen just for uniqueness and some later ones just playing with the concept to create the zaniest and most laughable combinations possible. And while it worked for A:TLA (there was always a sense of balance), I hope in MLP:FiM we see a return to more traditional (albeit funny-looking) mythological creatures that don't have to be explained in too much depth on the show for people to understand why they are how they are.As for the Zap Apples, while their magical signs and the techniques for harvesting them and turning them into jam were patently ridiculous, I think they still suited the MLP:FiM universe about as well as the Poison Joke had in "Bridle Gossip". Nature just tends to behave funny in Equestria.

They are a bit peculiar, but personally I was a bit more perplexed by the Timber Wolves, those being some of the first "monsters" in MLP:FiM that didn't have some sort of mythological analogue (besides the Parasprites). The Windigos were moving in that direction, but the Timber Wolves demonstrate that problem to an even greater extent, not even referencing a familiar mythological creature in their name.It sort of seems as though we're seeing a similar effect with the animals/monsters as we saw in Avatar: The Last Airbender, with the first mix-and-match critters being chosen just for uniqueness and some later ones just playing with the concept to create the zaniest and most laughable combinations possible. And while it worked for A:TLA (there was always a sense of balance), I hope in MLP:FiM we see a return to more traditional (albeit funny-looking) mythological creatures that don't have to be explained in too much depth on the show for people to understand why they are how they are.As for the Zap Apples, while their magical signs and the techniques for harvesting them and turning them into jam were patently ridiculous, I think they still suited the MLP:FiM universe about as well as the Poison Joke had in "Bridle Gossip". Nature just tends to behave funny in Equestria.

I suppose you're right. I guess I just can't get over the ridiculousness of them.As for the timberwolves, several different connections can be drawn to various myths, so they're not that unique. I see them as either related to ents, dryads, or wood gods from other European mythologies. They make me think of one or two that can control creatures made out of trees, though these wolves didn't seem to be controlled by anyone or thing. Not to mention the fact that they largely exist for the pun of it.

zolfbanner.jpg

Mother, I'm here