Official My Little Pony topic

~Allegretto~

First Pinkie was a chicken, now she's a pig and unicorns can fly and can use portals?Was this episode funded by Aperture Science? xD*nom nom nom*No, no, no!*nom nom*No, no!*nom!*No!Best. Exchange. Ever.

I liked the episode though.

Edited by Valenti

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

I loved the new episode. It was much more fun for me than the one before. And definitely a great Pinkie Pie episode.I love how after Mr. Cake's explanation of how one kid was a pegasus and the other was a unicorn, he added, "...Does that make sense?" It almost seems like the writers realize how much some fans feel a need to understand pony genetics, and they are teasing the fans by giving an exceptionally vague answer. It seems almost as though whether a child is a unicorn, pegasus, or earth pony just depends on them having some Earth Pony/Pegasus/Unicorn blood in them, and after that it boils down to random chance.The two newborn Cakes are exceptionally cute and I'm sure they won't be forgotten entirely, although being babies I don't expect we'll see them nearly as much as we see other side characters like the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

Well, now we've had a Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie being babysitters episode, sort of the same with Rarity and Applejack, the two being big sisters and all, now all we need is an episode with Twilight trying to look after a kid. Probably doing it by the book, too with hilarious results. (Actually, would Twilight's role in Secret of My Excess count as motherly, given how concerned she was for Spike?)I wouldn't think Dash would be the kind to ever do babysit or look after something besides Tank. Although an episode of her trying to take care of Scootaloo would be brilliant.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

Argh, the fact that Pound Cake could fly and Scootaloo can't is going to drive me crazy for a while.

They must be Luke and Leia Skywalker! :o

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Argh, the fact that Pound Cake could fly and Scootaloo can't is going to drive me crazy for a while.

It's because Scootaloo sucks.

i don't get why so many guys are like, addicted to this. Will someone explain? Seems a little...queer...to me.

If you're using queer in the sense I think you are, then it's not much of a wonder you don't understand it, with that close mindedness. If you arent, then good use of lexis!As for why I like it, it's the same reason you're on a forum devoted to one particular theme of Lego. It's just a bit of fun, really. I see it as filling the void Bionicle left, albeit without the excessive toy buying. Not to mention, I really enjoy the fanbase and how one small scene in the show can turn into a flurry of inside jokes and madness in the fandom. It's all quite entertaining, not to mention the show and its characters are fairly endearing. Edited by The Wretched Automaton

LzcD9OS.png

It's because Scootaloo sucks.

i don't get why so many guys are like, addicted to this. Will someone explain? Seems a little...queer...to me.

If you're using queer in the sense I think you are, then it's not much of a wonder you don't understand it, with that close mindedness. If you arent, then good use of lexis!As for why I like it, it's the same reason you're on a forum devoted to one particular theme of Lego. It's just a bit of fun, really. I see it as filling the void Bionicle left, albeit without the excessive toy buying. Not to mention, I really enjoy the fanbase and how one small scene in the show can turn into a flurry of inside jokes and madness in the fandom. It's all quite entertaining, not to mention the show and its characters are fairly endearing.
Granted, but really? My little pony? Mos girls older than 7 have moved on from it. I don't see why teenage guys should embrace it. Just my 2 cents.

SpecOperations9.jpg

Feel free to friend me!

It's not just teenaged guys, men much older than their teens enjoy it as well. Personally, I like it because it's not just aimed for little kids. It's the kind of show that anyone with an open mind can watch and enjoy. It teached people lessons about what true friendship should look like, a valuable thing in this day and age. It's funny, the writing and acting is very well done, the characters are personable, you can connect to them. Plus, all the fans get along with each other, which is very rare in fandom these days.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

Have you seen an episode?

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Just listened to 'Smile, Smile, Smile'... I think it may be one of my favorite songs ever!

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

Snatches from when my sisters used to watch it, other than that, no.

It's not just teenaged guys, men much older than their teens enjoy it as well. Personally, I like it because it's not just aimed for little kids. It's the kind of show that anyone with an open mind can watch and enjoy. It teached people lessons about what true friendship should look like, a valuable thing in this day and age. It's funny, the writing and acting is very well done, the characters are personable, you can connect to them. Plus, all the fans get along with each other, which is very rare in fandom these days.

I don't understand humanity.

SpecOperations9.jpg

Feel free to friend me!

Not my favorite episode, though the end was cute and touching. The cries of those kids got a little annoying after a while.And TWO SONGS - not to mention the sheer amount of fanon adjustment and theorizing that will invariably go on with regards to magic and flight. (Sweetie Bot Belle and Scootaloo seem lame now.) We also have a canon explanation for various species, though Mr. Cake seemed apprehensive when explaining it.All in all, the episode was pretty good. I liked the shadows and angles that gave the Pinkie-trying-to-find-the-foal sequence an eerie feel. The background music was once again up to its own incredible standards.

Eragon, hostility and apprehension are common in people who don't know of the show and are not familiar with its unique fan base. The "brony" fan base grew because the show is unlike any other "kid's show" on TV - that is to say, it's not only watchable without cringing, but it's actually pretty darn good. People like it for different reasons. Some enjoy the well-done animation, heralding it as a new golden age in quality and attention to detail. Others like the references to older things thrown in, such as 2001: A Space Odyssey, Benny Hill, the X-Men, and many more. Some connect to the well-written and developed characters, different from the cardboard-cutout characters of many other shows. Others see the show for its well-written plot, and still others are fans because of the excellent background music, which is composed for every episode and is orchestrated (albeit electronically). Some just like it for the silliness and the lighthearted jokes. Many have a plethora reasons to like it, including a few testimonials out there on the internet where the show's themes and freshness made some gain hope in humanity - some enough so to halt their plans for their own suicide. (That's rare, though, and I can think of only one example.)Many people's preconceived notions equate My Little Pony with pink, frills, innocent tea parties, sparkles, and ... well, basically everything that the previous incarnation was. That stereotype is a stereotype for a reason, and Generation 3.5 brought it on. Lauren Faust, the creator of Friendship is Magic, moved as far away from the previous incarnations as possible to deliver a product that steers clear of stereotypical girl's-show frills. Faust, before working on Friendship is Magic, was the showrunner for The Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, two shows that, like Friendship is Magic, had references and well-written characters, prompting critical acclaim that has also followed FiM.I can't go into specifics as far as how the fan base started, due to many not-safe-for-BZP places the brony phenomenon propagated, but it has garnered critical acclaim to go along with the bronies themselves. I got into it by studying the fanbase, which is unlike anything else past or present.The bronies have congregated online in many times to help people and to raise money for charity. Thousands of dollars were raised over the holiday season by the main aggregate pony-news-and-creative-endeavors blog, which recently hit one hundred million hits. Yeah. That's how big the fan base is - too big for even one site to handle.Before making a judgement, I think anyone should watch a number of episodes to get the feel of the series, and watch them with an open mind. I'm quite terrible at suggesting, since I see all episodes as having distinct merits, but if you wish to, ask around for everyone's favorite episodes.

Edited by Sumiki

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Yeah, forget that whole explanation you just got, this is humanities fault for its lack of clarity.Basically is just a matter of what people like. Some people like the fanbase, some people like the endearing characters, some just like the show. Who are we to judge, members of the Bionicle/Hero Factory forums?

LzcD9OS.png

Well, there's your problem right there. You're comparing it to G3.And why aren't guys allowed to like things made for girls? Girls are allowed to like stuff made for guys. Saying it can't go both ways is sexist and close-minded.And before you say that it's for little girls, remember you're on a Bionicle site. Which is, if I recall, a boy's toy line.I thought most of the people here had moved on from "Why do you like stuff 'normal' people wouldn't like" and just left us alone... <_< Edited by ~Allegretto~
19704_s.gif

That seems to imply you're referring to one of the old series, which is very different and I think most of us here don't like them at all. Speaking for myself here, I watched an episode (I guess it was a G3 or something) and I thought it was hilarious, but not in a good way. It was grating, disjointed, made no sense, and all the characters were exactly what you would expect from a MLP cartoon (flat, blaaaah, girly).New series gets a big thumbsup Edited by Bundalings

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Yeah, forget that whole explanation you just got, this is humanities fault for its lack of clarity.Basically is just a matter of what people like. Some people like the fanbase, some people like the endearing characters, some just like the show. Who are we to judge, members of the Bionicle/Hero Factory forums?
I'm sorry... Was there something wrong with my explination? I was simply trying to explain my reasons for liking the show, which is what I thought the original question was in the first place.

Friendship is Magic is nothing like any MLP material before. I've found the most devoted anti-bronies are the ones who haven't seen it. Watch an episode of FiM (heck, even five minutes of an episode), and then we'll talk.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Lesson Zero sort of requires you to understand how the show normally works and who the characters are. I'd go with either "Bridle gossip" or "A bird in the hoof".So, the new episode told us something about pony genetics. It was certainly vague, but at least we now know that the three species of pony are genetically compatible, and that, say, a pegasus dating a unicorn wouldn't be considered weird. Also, was anyone else reminded of the "Where's the baby?" scene from Ice Age?

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

I don't get the "Why can Pound Cake fly/Carrot Cake use magic when the crusaders can't" complaint. From the way the mane six explained it at the beginning, I got the impression that upon first developing their abilities, pegasi and unicorn babies are able to use them to a disproportionate degree, because magic asdfjh. This later mellows out as they mature. It makes sense, kind of, I think.

Edited by dotcom

AXKP5KC.png

I don't get the "Why can Pound Cake fly/Carrot Cake use magic when the crusaders can't thing. From the way the mane six explained it at the beginning, I got the impression that upon first developing their abilities, pegasi and unicorn babies are able to use them to a disproportionate degree, because magic asdfjh. This later mellows out as they mature.

Gotta agree with this. It doesn't really make sense IMO.
19704_s.gif

I don't get the "Why can Pound Cake fly/Carrot Cake use magic when the crusaders can't thing. From the way the mane six explained it at the beginning, I got the impression that upon first developing their abilities, pegasi and unicorn babies are able to use them to a disproportionate degree, because magic asdfjh. This later mellows out as they mature.

Oh no, my wording was terrible. :II said I don't get the complaints about their heightened abilities, and them not making sense. I get the in-universe implications for why a baby and a filly have different mastery of their abilities.

AXKP5KC.png

Oh no, my wording was terrible. :II said I don't get the complaints about their heightened abilities, and them not making sense. I get the in-universe implications for why a baby and a filly have different mastery of their abilities.
XDI kinda understand unicorns, but I don't see why pegasi would lose their ability to fly, though...
19704_s.gif

Pegasi shouldn't even be able to fly, really. I think a lot of their ability is probably based on some sort of subtle innate physical magic, maybe?. I'm still sticking with that explanation. :b

MST3K, guys, MST3K. "It's just a show, I should really just relax." :PAlso, Eragon, Humanity is hard to understand :P

Fair enough. :PAlthough, how do Celestia and Luna's manes do that...?
19704_s.gif

this is not based within the limits of humanity.will save! player must make higher than 14.if your will save has failed, gain effects of bronyism!effects of bronyism: gain a +10 bonus to INT, +5 to CAR, change alliance to chaotic good. Gain action: during battle phase, target player or monster within 5 meters of you. that target will be hit with bronyism. target must make will save of 14 or higher to prevent conversion.

What do you get when you multiply 6 times 9?

I'm sorry... Was there something wrong with my explination? I was simply trying to explain my reasons for liking the show, which is what I thought the original question was in the first place.
Oh, no, sorry, I wasn't insulting your explanation. I was pointing out how he seemed to completely disregard it, despite you being quite clear about your points.Sorry if it didn't seem that way. ^_^" Edited by The Wretched Automaton

LzcD9OS.png

So, went to Best Buy and got the Transformers Prime DVD.Guy at the checkout noticed the Hub logo and asked how you get the channel because he "watches this show called My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" (later found out he saw it online). So, we said we watch the show and he he was all like "Hey, we got Bronies over here" to his friend. It was amazing. Certainly made my day.And that guy is the first random person I met in real life who likes the show.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

Well, there's your problem right there. You're comparing it to G3.And why aren't guys allowed to like things made for girls? Girls are allowed to like stuff made for guys. Saying it can't go both ways is sexist and close-minded.And before you say that it's for little girls, remember you're on a Bionicle site. Which is, if I recall, a boy's toy line.I thought most of the people here had moved on from "Why do you like stuff 'normal' people wouldn't like" and just left us alone... <_<
I think he's new here. Personally I think the Fluttershy and Twilight episodes are the best ones to introduce someone to the show.

overwatch-pharah-mission-statement_Thumb

They must be Luke and Leia Skywalker! :o

She can sort of hover around, but yeah, makes no sense. Unless it's because she lives in Ponyville. Has she ever been seen in Cloudsdale?

And where are the spoiler tags on this new board? I had to type those! [/whining]-TLhikan

"So I'm TL now?"

"Yeah, 'cuz if we said it the other way it'd have to be TLhiKHAAN!!"

Well, there's your problem right there. You're comparing it to G3.And why aren't guys allowed to like things made for girls? Girls are allowed to like stuff made for guys. Saying it can't go both ways is sexist and close-minded.And before you say that it's for little girls, remember you're on a Bionicle site. Which is, if I recall, a boy's toy line.I thought most of the people here had moved on from "Why do you like stuff 'normal' people wouldn't like" and just left us alone... <_<
I think he's new here.Personally I think the Fluttershy and Twilight episodes are the best ones to introduce someone to the show.
I maybe new here, but I'm not new to posting.

SpecOperations9.jpg

Feel free to friend me!

Well, a channel called TheFineBros made a video on that site about Teens React To My Little Pony Friendship is Magic. 1 guy is a brony and another thinks we are all trolls. I seriously think that this generation of teens like to presume many things without thinking.

Yeah, I keep up with Teens and Kids React. I thought it was pretty funny; remember that a lot of these teens probably are more on the incrowd side of things. They simply haven't been exposed to anything like us. XP

zolfbanner.jpg

So take my hand, Now you'll never be lonely, Not when I'm home, sweet home

I see your star, you left it burning for me

Mother, I'm here