Official My Little Pony topic

~Allegretto~

I don't understand... It all stared as an internet joke, them somehow, somewhen, people started taking it seriously? I mean, what happened? Really, I've watched an episode: not cheesy and lame as expected, but not funny as well, just bland, nothing special at all...

You were to caught up in it's awesomeness and you did not realize it was funny, don't worry we understand. Pony's 4 life. Edited by The True Zedd of Ponypower

So, um, I haven't formed a valid opinion on MLP yet and today I will try to finally make a valid opinion by watching the show. I've been advised to only watch the first half of the first episode since apparently the first two episodes aren't as good as the rest, but what else? I want to form a valid opinion. Just so I can understand this fadndom and what the fuss is about. Since you guys are actually into it, I have come to you.

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

So, um, I haven't formed a valid opinion on MLP yet and today I will try to finally make a valid opinion by watching the show. I've been advised to only watch the first half of the first episode since apparently the first two episodes aren't as good as the rest, but what else? I want to form a valid opinion. Just so I can understand this fadndom and what the fuss is about. Since you guys are actually into it, I have come to you.

Really it's just the first two episodes you have avoid if you don't want an overload of friendship and tolerance, the rest of the episodes are fine.Same argument could also be applied to the first two episodes of season 2, but they should be watched because Dischord is all kinds of awesome.

So guys how did you become a brony?

I believe that I first heard mention of it on Smeagol4's blog back in October, and I witnessed the growing fad of ponies in signatures (Oh, the days of it being a fad...), and I ending up forgetting about it, until March. This was when I first noticed it spreading on [the intenet]. A month or so later, I decided to investigate why the series was so popular. One "Sonic Rainboom" later, and I was hooked. At least, that's how I think it happened. It was all so long ago, and a lot has happened since then... So, Luna Eclipsed on Saturday, then a two-week break until episode 6. Apparently, it's a humourous CMC episode. Always good to see something like that. Edited by Makaru
Reference to site with forums removed.

The first episode (or episodes, whichever you want to call it/them) aren't terrible, they just aren't as cool as the rest of them. Also, go into episode 6 (I believe) preparing yourself for the sleepover. Also, I will murder anyone that doesn't like season 2's beginning. XP Also also, "Lesson Zero" is best episode yet and Twilight Sparkle is now second favorite pony.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

So guys how did you become a brony?

I believe that I first heard mention of it on Smeagol4's blog back in October, and I witnessed the growing fad of ponies in signatures (Oh, the days of it being a fad...), and I ending up forgetting about it, until March.new,courier,monospace]This was when I first noticed it spreading on [the internet]. A month or so later, I decided to investigate why the serieswas so popular. One "Sonic Rainboom" later, and I was hooked. At least, that's how I think it happened. It was all so long ago, and a lot has happened since then... So, Luna Eclipsed on Saturday, then a two-week break until episode 6. Apparently, it's a humourous CMC episode. Always good to see something like that.
Two week break??? D: THAT. IS. THE. WORST. THING. Edited by Makaru
Reference to site with forums removed.

I watched an episode of this, the first episode, to be exact. Not bad, not bad at all. Much better than I was expecting. You know what? I see what the fuss is about. It felt strange... and then less strange. So... what now?

You should do what I did. I watched the first two parts of the pilot to understand the story and setting, then watched a few other episodes which piqued my interest even more so (specifically "Suited For Success" and "Feeling Pinkie Keen.") Then I watched the rest of the episodes throughout the next couple of weeks. But yeah, watch the pilot, then watch a couple other episodes (or at least the two I mentioned,) and then decide if you like the show, if not, then I'll still love and tolerate you, but if yes, then I'll love and tolerate you even more. :)
rarity-with-wings.jpgrarity-heart.png <<Newest Chibi: Nuparu Inika

I watched an episode of this, the first episode, to be exact. Not bad, not bad at all. Much better than I was expecting. You know what? I see what the fuss is about. It felt strange... and then less strange. So... what now?

Watch more. ;)

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Right. Advice took into consideration. Second episode, got it. (I can imagine that there is someone reading this right now, sickened by what I'm doing.) I said I never intended to watch two days ago. Look at me now.

Right. Advice took into consideration. Second episode, got it. (I can imagine that there is someone reading this right now, sickened by what I'm doing.) I said I never intended to watch two days ago. Look at me now.

That's okay, at least you resisted. :P As soon as my friend suggested, I threw caution to the wind, learned most brony slang, and watched the pilot along with a couple other episodes.
rarity-with-wings.jpgrarity-heart.png <<Newest Chibi: Nuparu Inika

Welcome to the herd, Impulse. :P

That pony to the left is, in the fannon, Berry Punch's daughter Ruby Pinch or Pinchy. Does anyone know if she appeared in an episode before now? Because I don't remember.

She has, but not very often. I'm pretty sure she showed up in Bridle Gossip getting pulled inside by Berry Punch.
19704_s.gif

I got nothin'.... Twilight Sparkle. I mean seriously, I can't even work with that. [/spike] I wonder if Twi is going to still be in every episode from now on. Any of the mane 6 could send letters to Celestia now, so having Twi there to make a friendship report seems pointless. (Also I like how I'm an Emerging Flying Force and my av is of Calamity.)

19704_s.gif

You should watch Applebuck Season/Swarm of the Century/Suited For Success/Party of One/Best Night Ever/Lesson Zero next. Mental breakdown episodes are best episodes.

Just a question, but which episodes would those be? I'm not quite acquainted with what order everything is in yet.

You should watch Applebuck Season/Swarm of the Century/Suited For Success/Party of One/Best Night Ever/Lesson Zero next. Mental breakdown episodes are best episodes.

Just a question, but which episodes would those be? I'm not quite acquainted with what order everything is in yet.
Episodes 4, 10, 14, 25, 26, and 29 (which is S2E3), respectively. 16 is also quite awesome and you should totally watch that one too. Edited by Sumiki

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Fluttershy Sumiki's freaky knowledge of sewing episode numbers. (Used a wiki, though... right?)

Yes, I did use a wiki, but only to figure out the ep numbers of Swarm of the Century and Suited for Success. :3 @Impulse: No idea, and there's no way to make an off-topic poll. This is one of the bigger topics on BZP, if not the biggest, so that should tell you something. :P

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

@Impulse: No idea, and there's no way to make an off-topic poll. This is one of the bigger topics on BZP, if not the biggest, so that should tell you something. :P

Off topic polls... we should get those. Also last time I checked it was/is the biggest, at least until the games catch up. And it's all mine~ [/Discorded Rarity]

The good half. (That was not nice, I'm sorry)

Not setting a very good example there. :P I'm not sure if bronies are a majority, but there are a lot of us. Edited by ~Sonu Nova~
19704_s.gif