Official My Little Pony topic

~Allegretto~

People may hate me for this but I have seen the FIW abrigded series and I don't like it as much as people do, I prefer the mentally advanced series and rainbow dash presents when it comes to pony abridges.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

To be honest, I agree with you, although I don't follow any other abridged series. I don't have a problem with it, from what I've seen it's actually pretty well made and probably has some good jokes in there. Her voice is just way too soft the whole way through for me to bear.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

Yea, I just don't really laugh at the jokes a bit, and it's seems a bit just, I dunno. So whilst we bronies on chating about abridged series, what's your favorite pony abridged series?

Edited by Zacax

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

FIW abrigded series

There's your problem: FiW isn't an abridged series. The creators have described it as more of an alternate universe, the reason for many of the bizarre components (e.g., inclusion of robots--made more fundamental to FiW than most abridged series' gags) and the episodes' typically being a maximum of five minutes shorter than the originals.~ BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

So everyone, now with the off season between Season 2 and 3, does anyone have any plans pony related? I for one am working a couple fanfics right now, about 2 or 3 chapters are up in each, and have a plan for a 3rd. That and I plan on getting a custom plushie. What about everyone else?

Scootaloo,

the greatest chicken/dodo/scooter riding Pegasus ever

Well I'm a vector artist for a fan game called MLP: Music is War (think Fighting is Magic except with 25 playable brony musicians instead of the mane six) which will take up some time during the summer along with some art and music of my own that I'm working on.

G A Y   A S   H E C K

Pony drawing here.And rewatching both seasons so far.Collecting the pony.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

I'm hoping to draw some more BIONICLE ponies to go with my art contest entry... maybe some Matoran or Turaga. I might even try MOCing some in the style of Tahu here. But either task is somewhat daunting because Turaga and Matoran are difficult to convert into horse shapes, since their torso designs have far less dimensionality.Also I'm going to try and delve into some more diverse fanstuff. Mostly I've paid attention to fan art, plushies, and comics, and occasionally videos, but sometime I'd like to listen to some of the music fans have cooked up, read some fan fiction, etc.

Me and my friend will be working on a comic series that's gonna be over the summer called Bronies in Equestria. I'm drawing the comics, he is doing the music, and we are both voicing with some help from my sis and some special guests

I'm hoping to draw some more BIONICLE ponies to go with my art contest entry... maybe some Matoran or Turaga. I might even try MOCing some in the style of Tahu here. But either task is somewhat daunting because Turaga and Matoran are difficult to convert into horse shapes, since their torso designs have far less dimensionality.Also I'm going to try and delve into some more diverse fanstuff. Mostly I've paid attention to fan art, plushies, and comics, and occasionally videos, but sometime I'd like to listen to some of the music fans have cooked up, read some fan fiction, etc.

I'll have to highly recommend [no sites with talkback features, please], a fantastic work. It's a mature, novel-length epic that serves as a character study for the mane characters. If you're more in the mood for something lighthearted, [also] is a comedy god.EDIT: D'oh, I made a derp. No linking to sites with comments. I was saying that you should check out AbsoluteAnonymous' stuff, especially her Mona Lisa The Games we Play, for drama/angst/romance/seriousness/sadness/comedy/anything else you could possibly want in a writer, and Blueshift for straight-up crack comedy that's actually funny and not stupid, trollfic, meta horseapples. Edited by Xalen: Shadowed Spirit of

So back on the BIONICLE VA thing, what other Bionicle voices you want to see in the show?My ideas:-Vakama=Star Swirl-Takua=Idk maybe like future Spike?-Matau=-Kopaka

In my opinion, as much as I love Jim Cummings, the vice of Vakama seems like a better voice. No I really haven't heard of it, I'll check soon maybe.

So everyone, now with the off season between Season 2 and 3, does anyone have any plans pony related?I for one am working a couple fanfics right now, about 2 or 3 chapters are up in each, and have a plan for a 3rd. That and I plan on getting a custom plushie. What about everyone else?

Flute covers of brony music. Finished sheet music for Pinkie's Brew and Beyond Her Garden, and trying to do Beginning of Order now. I'm doing a project for school based off of this, so I should have stuff filmed by Thursday.

Well I'm a vector artist for a fan game called MLP: Music is War (think Fighting is Magic except with 25 playable brony musicians instead of the mane six) which will take up some time during the summer along with some art and music of my own that I'm working on.

I want to play this game, so bad. Although no EBB or NACP makes me sad... (although NACP has been lying low even since she came back and EBB's OC is kinda meh)d.notive, Jackle, and Stormwolf are good, though.
19704_s.gif

I want to play this game, so bad. Although no EBB or NACP makes me sad... (although NACP has been lying low even since she came back and EBB's OC is kinda meh)d.notive, Jackle, and Stormwolf are good, though.
Yeah, not everyone could be in the game unfortunately (or else I'd be in it, too! =P). EHT was in the original lineup but got cut when the list was made smaller. It's a shame though since she's like my musician BFF.The game won't be out for a while, though. The initial programming hasn't even started yet. Right now, we're just solidifying ideas and getting artwork done.If I recall correctly, there should be a post about it soon on the big pony blog.

G A Y   A S   H E C K

I have made a decision I will quite likely come to regret someday. I did it. I bought some of the toys. Just a collection of four kinda cheapy models of Twilight, Dash, Rarity and Pinkie, but they look cool nonetheless. I bought them under a veil of darkness, of course. And transported it round the hidden between my arm and my fleece. Which, on retrospect, probably looked quite suspicious. Is it just me, or has anyone else bought any toys?

So everyone, now with the off season between Season 2 and 3, does anyone have any plans pony related?I for one am working a couple fanfics right now, about 2 or 3 chapters are up in each, and have a plan for a 3rd. That and I plan on getting a custom plushie. What about everyone else?

Well, when I actually get an broadband that'll allow me to download the episodes without having to start charging me halfway through the download, I guess I'll be making a few PMV's. Assuming there are any left. I had a lovely idea for a The Greatest Show Unearthed PMV, then went online the other day to find out about three or five of them already exist. Which sucks.

LzcD9OS.png

Plenty of people have bought toys.I have two of the second-release McD pony toys, Applejack and Lily Blossom. As for other toys, I'm waiting until the "fan-favorites" pack with Night Mare Moon, Scratch, Trixie, and all them comes out.Not really a fan of Trixie, but I gotta have that Scratch. And NMM looks pretty cool too. Plus it includes Rainbow Dash.

OpAXNpl.jpg

Is it just me, or has anyone else bought any toys?

I bought a lot of 'em, without any secrecy from me. :P

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

I have made a decision I will quite likely come to regret someday. I did it. I bought some of the toys. Just a collection of four kinda cheapy models of Twilight, Dash, Rarity and Pinkie, but they look cool nonetheless. I bought them under a veil of darkness, of course. And transported it round the hidden between my arm and my fleece. Which, on retrospect, probably looked quite suspicious. Is it just me, or has anyone else bought any toys?

I bought my brother the Royal Castle Friends set for our birthday. We haven't unboxed it yet, since we intend to do a good deal of customizing (specifically, painting the pink Celestia and doing both her and Twilight's hair). We intended to get the Pony School Pals and Cheerilee set too, but most of the Targets I've checked have been sold out. It's a pity, because that's one of the most brony-friendly sets in my opinion: it has four characters, who all relate to one another in-story, in show-accurate forms and without any extra nonsense like poor-quality dresses. Since we've been unable to find that one, I probably won't invest in any more products until the special pack with Nightmare Moon and other releases for later this year. Perhaps I'll get the CMC online; I may have to break into online shopping just to get Shining Armor and Cadence without a giant plastic castle.

I only have a Twilight and Rarity, but I'd like to get Zecora when she comes out. Is she part of the pack or a separate thing?

Zecora comes separate, and costs more than normal ponies that size to boot. That's not going to stop me from getting her, of course. As a side note, I wonder if she'll come with any extra accessories, and if they'll be anything noteworthy or just mediocre stuff like you see in other single packs.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Anypony going to any brony conventions this summer?

There are cons and meetups occasionally around my country, but it's too expensive to go there.

f9Qcky7.png

Hm. A little bit of research has revealed that there is a convention, but that's all the way over in Manchester, which I think I'll pass on attending. There's also a couple of meetups in my area, though I'd only go if I could bully a friend or two into coming with me.

LzcD9OS.png

I'd love for Jim Cummings (Ackar) to have a role, I'd prefer him to be Star Swirl.

Yes, yes, and more yes. Not sure if they'd get him, though, due to most of their voices coming from Ocean Productions (which I don't think Jim Cummings is part of), but that would be excellent casting.I may be going to BroNYCon depending several factors. If I do, it'd be my first con ever. :oakanohi.png

Akano's Comics
BZP's resident "MOO" obsesser. My Blag.
"Quality trumps potential every single time. Why? Because all potential means is that you might become great. Quality means that you already are." -Kahinuva
We are the Order of Absolutely Crazy People. Sometimes, that's all it takes.
My stories: Inventor of Metru Nui, My Transformation, My Transformation Part II, Inventor of Metru Nui Rewritten
qs10544.jpg
qs10544.jpg

I've considered going to BronyCon, but its a couple hours drive from where I live, and I don't have the cash to stay at a hotel or anything. That and I'd need an excuse for my parents as to why I was going to North Jersey for a couple of days. They don't know I'm a brony yet, and I intend to keep it that way for a bit longer. As for some of the meet-ups, I may go to some of them when I get back to the States in a month, but for now I still gotta finish my semester abroad.

Scootaloo,

the greatest chicken/dodo/scooter riding Pegasus ever

So who else was impressed by the amount of fanart made for storyboard artist Sabrina Alberghetti's birthday yesterday? Most of them depicted Wild Fire, Alberghetti's OC/ponysona who recently appeared in part 1 of A Canterlot Wedding (Wild Fire is the pony who insists on a hooficure in Twilight's flashback to when Cadance was her foal-sitter). Outpourings of kindness and gratitude like this are one of the many reasons I love this fandom.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

It was most impressive.Edit: I still think it's awesome that Mark Meer (the voice of Commander Shepard in the Mass Effect trilogy) is a brony.Applejack's his favorite.

Edited by Valenti

f9Qcky7.png

Attention all bronies, I want everypony here to take a second and remember there was once a time when none of us knew who Fluttershy was. And be thankful that we now do. If that's okay with you.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

It's interesting how you guys can PERFECTLY deny the existence of my posts....

Attention all bronies, I want everypony here to take a second and remember there was once a time when none of us knew who Fluttershy was. And be thankful that we now do. If that's okay with you.

What's even better that Fluttershy? Fwuttershy.

What do you get when you multiply 6 times 9?