Hey everyone! Long time no see, so I figured I would share my latest moc here on the new forums.It took me over a year to build this dragon, working on and off on all his structures. The moc weighs in around 8-10 pounds and is five feet long from nose to tail. It's legs are poseable and the neck and tail are very flexible from side to side. The jaw and eyes articulate on the head, and his horns light up blue. (I switched the light elements from other inika blades)Most of the parts I had on hand, but had to order a little to fill in the ribs.Let me know what ya think, Enjoy!6248343360_ff5ea55db2.jpg^Click Me to See the Gallery^

ancientsig.jpg

^^ Clicky the Linky! ^^

That......That is the absolute coolest thing I have ever seen.I have so much to praise and so little to criticize. In fact, I don't think I have anything to criticize! This is one amazing creation, from his head(which is gorgeously designed, by the way) to the tip of his tail, I seriously cannot find any fault or something that does not flow with the rest of the MOC. This thing is gigantic, and not only that, but it's filled out. It looks to have no gaping holes, as far as I can tell, and that just makes the creation more impressive. The colors blend so smoothly together, and that touch of gold gives him more of a dragon-like feel. Speaking of that feel, you really captured what a dragon should look like, and more importantly, feel like. Anyone who saw this would instantly recognize this as a dragon, and I believe that is an important quality of MOCs.Thank you so much for sharing this masterpiece, and I have no qualms or nitpicks about it. It's a beautiful creation, and job very well done.(also cool to see you're still partially alive or whatever =P)

overlordsukapon.png

Why isn't this on the Bz frontpage?! This is amazing! The colors flow soooo well, and the absence of gaps in a set this large is amazing! KUTAS to you-The Bane

It'll be on the front page soon I'm sure, give the staff a chance. :PI was wondering if this would ever get posted, it got posted in the Best Moc topic in GD ages ago. Still just as surprisingly epic as before though. Really not much else to say, other than it is truly amazing.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

This is a definition of epic, a paragon of awesomeness! I honestly cannot bring myself to think there is something wrong with this! This is classic Roa. And by classic Roa I mean huge build, perfect design, epic proportions, awesome aesthetics and flawless color scheme. You probably worked so long and so hard on it that it would cost you just as long to disassemble it fully.On a side note: if you were to bring yourself to think about selling it, how much do you think it would cost? Not that I'm interested to pay any amount of money to take away your marvelous creation!A job very well done, Roa!:tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

This is past incredible. This is about as close to perfection as humanly possible. The chest flows, as does the rest of the MOC. The colors all work together; I like how you used gold as an accent on the limbs and extremities. I really dig the jaw, 'cause it looks real, but doesn't take away the LEGO look. Speaking of looks, it's fantastic in appearance. That dragon reminds me of old Chinese drawings. So, simply yes. I don't think there's anything for me to criticize, other than the inconvenience of moving this behemoth.∞/10. Unsure how else to rate it.BTW: good to have you back, Roa.

Edited by GeluNumber1

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

Roa, you're back! :o Well, it's great to see you in BBC again! I've seen this magnificent beast stalking the Archinto sector of Brickshelf for a while, but now I am delighted to reply to its topic at last.Simply put, I think that this is your best MOC to date. It's partly his awesomeness of being a dragon, but what really makes Komodo here so splendid is that his pieces flow so well togther. The layering you've done is incredible, and adds the effect of actual scales and armor plates such that if a Lung-type dragon were real, this would be a faithful imitation in Bionicle parts! Don't get me wrong: you've set the standard for giant Rahi in this forum, but some of your older behemoths such as Krukoa and Rayzaurahk seemed to be much more rough-skinned and spiky in comparison, with almost a color dissonance due to their numerous hues of gray, black, bley, silver, etc. On the other hand, Komodo's coat of Metru and Mata blue over a white belly with golden highlights makes him look truly regal.Of course, any MOC that's five feet long can go insanely into detail, and you outdid yourself in that department. I love this guy's foot pads with claws, his gilded back scales and horns (nice use of the Jaller Ignika blades!), his whiskers (a must for any Asian dragon), and those great yellow eyes and red tongue, which really make his head expressive and menacing. That body also seems remarkably stable for his size and weight, so you managed to not only reinforce his joints, but also make them appear lithe and powerful.I could go on about him forever, but let me just conclude by saying that Komodo has to be the magnum opus of your giant Rahi menagerie. This dragon ranks up there with Darth Vader's Vayland as one of the best reptilian creatures ever to grace BBC. And of course, once again your tons of parts paid off handsomely. :PAs always, keep up the excellent work.~B~

Edited by Ballom

I saw this bad boy on Brickshelf over the Christmas break and was awed and amazed. I'm glad you shared it with BZP. Add my kudoes to the tons of praised heaped by the others. Have you thought of renting or selling this as a scuplture? Lunar New Year is around the corner and I'd think another of businesses would like that as a decoration. Just a thought. This creation deserves the name 'dragon'. Well done Roa, well done.

"Honor those the dragons heed, in thought and favor, word and deed"

"Worlds are lost and worlds are saved, from those dangers dragons brave"

qs3174.jpg

Astounding. You made it flow so brilliantly, and look so organic! The parts usage is amazing, as is the structural integrity needed to keep it standing! Great. The end of the tail uses the tri-blades very well. The colors are perfectly distributed. I feel silly critisizing such an amazing MOC, but the eyes seem a but too far forward. Maybe that's just because I tend to think of dragons with a more distinct jaw and larger head in comparison to the neck, though, as opposed to the more eel-like style you used. (I just noticed the tongue. Wow, that and Sarda's mask are just icing on the cake.) The beams on the underbelley are fantastic, but a few tend to look like they're sticking out a bit. Very minor complaints, though, compared to the astounding skill and awsomeness of the overall MOC.

42687538174_213a004f2f.jpg

Before I start talking about how mind-blowingly cool this is, I would like to ask how on earth you did this! Bionicle parts seem to be rather limited in their load-bearing capacity, and I'm just curious how you have managed to support such a massive piece of awesome. Anyway. Starting with the head.The teeth actually look menacing, along with those eyes that just work really well. I love how you used the tentacles as whiskers, but the orange kind of clashes for me. I would have used two of Nocturn's silver tentacle pieces? (That is, of course, if I could come close to building something like this.) I love how Kiina's armor fits in, and the red mantax claw as a tongue is a nice touch. His neck is really fantastic, I love how you repeated the feet and limbs all the way down. It makes it look so much more organic and scaly. I'm also amazed at how consistent the color scheme is.The front legs are cool, and the foot toes are very creative! His ribcage is again organic looking and flows well, and the zamor launchers up top add to the repetition. His back legs are scary in how big they are, and again the toes are great. The hero factory pieces on the tail continue the scaly look, and looks very posable despite its size. This really is one of the single best mocs I have ever seen. You never depart from the color scheme, his face looks truly realistic even though its a mythical creature, and the first time I saw it I didn't realize it was even made from Bionicle! Fantastic job and make more!

Look at me still talking when there's science to do!

This is simply amazing. You can barely even see parts, it all just flows together in an organic shape. The curves are fantastic, but the zamor eyes are a bit dull, green might work better. The cape (?) is incorporated seamlessly, and the light-up horns are a plus. BTW, is the tongue a painted part?

aouROFb.png

Wow. This is beautiful. It flows well, it looks good, and...wow. Amazing. this is real art. Well done.A few notes, though. First, the nose piece isn't the same shade of blue. The entire head is metru blue, and then there's one piece that's mata blue. That stands out like a sore thumb (or nose lol). I noticed some mata blue in other places, notably the hips, but it stood out the most on the nose. Other thing is that I couldn't quite make out any eyes. The horns light up, correct? So where are the eyes? I might have seen them, but if so, then they were yellow/orange/gold, which just looks like it's more of the gold plating that runs down the spine.Other thing is on the full-body shots, the highlights are blown out. I wasn't able to make out any details on the white parts of the dragon on the large scale shots. Once you zoomed in to the head/neck it was fine, but otherwise, not really. What kind of camera are you using?Oh, and both the jaw and the end of the tail are absolutely gorgeous. Just sayin'

{Z}

Wow. This is beautiful. It flows well, it looks good, and...wow. Amazing. this is real art. Well done.A few notes, though. First, the nose piece isn't the same shade of blue. The entire head is metru blue, and then there's one piece that's mata blue. That stands out like a sore thumb (or nose lol). I noticed some mata blue in other places, notably the hips, but it stood out the most on the nose. Other thing is that I couldn't quite make out any eyes. The horns light up, correct? So where are the eyes? I might have seen them, but if so, then they were yellow/orange/gold, which just looks like it's more of the gold plating that runs down the spine.Other thing is on the full-body shots, the highlights are blown out. I wasn't able to make out any details on the white parts of the dragon on the large scale shots. Once you zoomed in to the head/neck it was fine, but otherwise, not really. What kind of camera are you using?Oh, and both the jaw and the end of the tail are absolutely gorgeous. Just sayin'

I think the eyes are the yellow Zamors. Yellow wasn't exactly the best choice.

aouROFb.png

Absolutely incredible. The sheer scale is commendable, but you have done a brilliant job of layering the color here. At first I thought the tail and neck were not flexible horizontally (no pictures showing it) but I'll take your word that they are. The dark blue and medium blue are surprisingly cohesive, except for on the head - add more, evenly distributed, particularly next to white (sort of as a fade) and the nose won't stick out at all. Or you could do away with the medium blue altogether, and it would look a whole lot better. The orange Kalmah tentacles could be black, but looking at the whole thing makes them look okay with the gold. The eyes could be better as green or translucent orange zamors. The Technic torso looks just a bit out of place - maybe armor it with Bionicle? Overall, this is an awe-inspiring MOC that I'm going to suggest putting on the front page. It certainly exceeds anything they have put there before. Excellent work!

a_peace.png

15037057692_2fb1ce338a_t.jpg     15034366641_d827682ab5_m.jpg     15037424595_cf284dac70_t.jpg

Toa Gali Nuva

This is incredible,the sheer size is amazing,and the usage of weird parts here and there adds on to the awesomeness!Approximately,how big is it and how many pieces did you use?10/10.-CDP :tohu:

Coming June 22nd: Your chance to become an ECC critic! Power of the pen in your hands!

First time I've been back on since the forums got back up, and my mind has already been blown. Thank you for reminding me why I have enjoyed this website for so long, to see this kind of thing. How on earth did you come up with the design to make it so functional? I could barely get my old MOCs to stand up because of weight issues, and this is 8-10 lbs. I truly am in awe over your creation. I'm curious to see how you out do yourself again.

Scootaloo,

the greatest chicken/dodo/scooter riding Pegasus ever

:wired:...I have no words to express my admiration for this. It's one thing to have all those pieces and have them match, but it's an entirely different thing to have the mental skill to build this!Yes, I have been amazed for the day. :biggrin: Edited by Dragonfly the Luminescent

pony_herd_really_tiny.png

In the meantime, you shall be loved and tolerated.

-----------------------------------------

I am both Toa Mata Nui and Dragonfly the Luminescent

-----------------------------------------

• 8 months later...

That's a cool dragon Roa. Krukoa has been topped. Komodo is now my favorite moc from you (as well as one of my top favorite mocs of all time). Hopefully we'll see more from you sometime soon! Your most recent giant-sized Bomonga moc was awesome too.

Edited by Mr. Fluffy

superpaper_624_1255384923.jpg

"By me... Count Bleck! The chosen executor of the Dark Prognosticus... is Count Bleck! The fine fellow prophesied to come to this dimension... is also Count Bleck!"