The Official Minecraft Topic

both the consoles have java in them (or at least the PS3 does, but i'm sure the 360 does too) so i don't know why we can't just download the game as an app for each of them. making a "special 360 version" seems like a waste of time when they could easily make a PS3 and a 360 app that's downloadable from the online stores for free, and lets you log in to your minecraft account.

This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

Yeah, I did that for a while before I had the money to actually pay up, but server play seems, to me, to be much more rewarding, because you can bounce ideas off of other people in real-time.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Well, I played the demo for Minecraft on the 360. I think it was pretty suiting for the console, but I wish it had sprint on it.

Yeah. :As for the size though, it's big enough for my castle (no creative or even flat maps yet though), and has an average of 1,300 diamonds per map, so I'm fine. :P Plus, they're going to see if they can make it bigger.

- :burnmad:

Yeah, the server seems to be messed up.In other news, I recorded and stuck videos of the server up on the internet; as always search Alex Humva and you'll find them. Eventually.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Negative.There was a server restart following the re-enabling of lava. No evidence suggests anything was lost. Expect it to be back, at the latest, tomorrow.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

There has been something of a prank war between two members, but as far as I know it hasn't spread to other houses.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

His house is a big treehouse just a little north of BZMetru. The house is the tree, which is artificial.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Okay which newb decided to cut down half my sugarcane farm and expand the other half to cover almost the entire bzkoro shoreline.And while yer admitting up to that can you at least explain what was going through your moronic heads when you decided to do that?I mean seriously when did I say you could cut down half my farm? And did the people you planted near give you permission? I really want to know now.

That was Unit and possibly Wilf. Don't knowwhen you said they could cut your farm down, but I'm pretty sure no one gave them permission to cover the entire shoreline with the stuff.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Well I'm going to assume some form of griefing is in play for now, unit's claimed innocence so I'm dropping it for now.And by that I mean until I never again see sugarcane.But on another more interesting topic, for all your anti dance sentiments Spoon I find you dancing in one of Humva's videos? Tad hypocritical eh?

Okay which newb decided to cut down half my sugarcane farm and expand the other half to cover almost the entire bzkoro shoreline.And while yer admitting up to that can you at least explain what was going through your moronic heads when you decided to do that?I mean seriously when did I say you could cut down half my farm? And did the people you planted near give you permission? I really want to know now.

While I understand you are upset, please try to keep the insults to a minimum, or at the very least, off of BZPower. We'd rather not have a little feud boil over here.

Yo.

Well I'm going to assume some form of griefing is in play for now, unit's claimed innocence so I'm dropping it for now.And by that I mean until I never again see sugarcane.But on another more interesting topic, for all your anti dance sentiments Spoon I find you dancing in one of Humva's videos? Tad hypocritical eh?

Was that dancing, or pretending to be stuck to the ceiling?

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

So I got Minecraft Saturday and I've played it alot, and I'm really liking it. I figured I knew way too much about it to not own it. I also detonated my first TNT today-I died, but I retrieved all my stuff. It got me some Sandstone, but no ore. I guess I didn't pick a good spot to detonate it in. I have plenty of sand, so I'll just kill some Creepers for gunpowder. Next time, I'll tunnel to the center of a mountain and place a few TNT blocks there, light it, and run. Would that destroy the whole mountain?

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

So I got Minecraft Saturday and I've played it alot, and I'm really liking it. I figured I knew way too much about it to not own it. I also detonated my first TNT today-I died, but I retrieved all my stuff. It got me some Sandstone, but no ore. I guess I didn't pick a good spot to detonate it in. I have plenty of sand, so I'll just kill some Creepers for gunpowder. Next time, I'll tunnel to the center of a mountain and place a few TNT blocks there, light it, and run. Would that destroy the whole mountain?

Unlikely. You'll either have to use a lot of TNT or spread it through the mountain a little.
«Takuma Nuva»

76561198002924926.png

If The Good Lord had intended us to walk

He would not have invented roller skates.
-- Willy Wonka

Nah, probably not. It'll take out a good chunk though. (Assuming it's a big mountain)The problem is, TNT destroys most of the resources dropped by blocks.Edit: Ninja'd. Also, it'll explode before you're out, killing you. :P

- :burnmad:

Edited by Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons

Hey guys, crazy idea. Could we not randomly fill peoples' houses with wolves? They block the stairs when I'm trying to get to ET's Nether Portal.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I think I'll expand my house and get some wolves (on single player that is).Hey could I have the IP for this BZP server? I'll probably play on it tomorrow if I get it by then.

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

Man I feel sorry for people who weren't on last night most people I ever saw in the server. Oh and a notice to new players if you dig in ko-koro and find endstone leave it there and cover with dirt.

Dang really?Well anyway despite the fact I hate it I must ask, what's up with nike's house?

The server seems pretty chill; I'll definitely be spending a lot of time on it.But that obsidian farm thing in the nether is awful to get out of. xD-ibrow

Fortunately we have free obsidian in ta-koro, so I'd avoid the nether obsidian farm altogether.

Thanks for all of your support on the server. Its great to see us coming together as a community.I'll be making some updated banners soon. That will look alot better aswell

Limbo is switching servers! Please calm you Lava producing farms... Christ.

"This will be my finest hour!" - Fulgrim The Phoenician

"There is a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life" - Leonard Church

"Pinkie Pie Style" - Pinkie Pie

"Oh I know what the Ladies like" - Sgt. Avery Johnson

"I'm A madman with a box! Without a box!" - The Doctor

so apparently the log in servers have crashed, and the guy who's in charge of resetting them is on vacation til sunday. right now they're trying to figure out the problem.all minecraft players are effected by this.

Edited by BBCCD
This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

Thats pain. ender_dude_by_nav3ta-d50f670.pngendernav_by_nav3ta-d50fbox.png

Limbo is switching servers! Please calm you Lava producing farms... Christ.

"This will be my finest hour!" - Fulgrim The Phoenician

"There is a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life" - Leonard Church

"Pinkie Pie Style" - Pinkie Pie

"Oh I know what the Ladies like" - Sgt. Avery Johnson

"I'm A madman with a box! Without a box!" - The Doctor

So, recently checked the MC statistics, and assuming the trend of 10k buys and 100k sign ups continues (it's been holding steady for several months now, I think it'll hold), Minecraft will hit six million sales the 22nd-23rd, and thirty million sign ups 24th-25th.Some pretty big numbers, for a game that started with one guy's idea. Especially considering that thirty million significantly dwarfs any other free to play multiplayer game I know of.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

As of 10:32 AM EST, I am having no difficulties logging into and playing Minecraft, which makes it seem likely that, while there is one specific guy who's in charge of resetting the log in servers, there is not only one specific guy who is competent to reset them.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom