Soran's Comic Emporium

Soran

New Comic!

undeadnochances.png

Link incase image doesn't load

I wonder what its like being "undead"?

You may/may not (delete whichever is inapplicable) heard of me or remember me, but I remember seeing your comics in the olden days of AWIII. Even now I still enjoy them, and do hope you intend to come back into comic making, as I intend to very soon.

Not sure what time period you're referring to, but thank you. I have read some of your comics before and I found them pretty awesome. The graphics were always great and the whole stories/concepts behind them were interesting.

I love the composition, the pacing, and the epitaph. : P

I was hoping I could get that right, glad that I did. I too liked the gravestone, I wanted it to be something that would be pretty realistic.

Soran is back from teh dead! shoot i guess that shotgun wasn't enough gotta think bigger....

Yes, I am back from the dead, temporarily. I'll just make some random comics whenever I'm bored.

That rose looks like it came from Minecraft.

Does this mean you'll be resuming your comics?

The rose was from Minecraft. I wanted to add some other pixel aspects to the comics since most of it is drawings or pictures I've created/found. Since I'm not really too interested in creating some more new things like sprites, backgrounds, etc, I just went with whatever kind of flower required the least amount of work, which ended up being a Minecraft one.

I'll be making some random comics whenever I'm interested in making comics or whenever I'm bored.

Hope you guys enjoy the comic,

~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

It's nice to see you back. :3 And I like the current happenings, particularly the latest comic; the humour in these never fails to make me laugh. :D

Now, here's to wondering whether being undead has any interesting "side effects"...

Edited by Taka Nuvia

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

Comics have a certain magic: the brain reconstructs the "events" that occur in between each panel automatically, making what appears to be a discrete phenomenon rather continuous. Your latest comic seems to be an example of how one can play with that fact; the transition between the second and last panels is glorious.

• Upvote 1

New Comic!

soranbodyguard.png

Link incase image doesn't load

Gotta love having a highly skilled Super-Soldier body guard.

It's nice to see you back. :3 And I like the current happenings, particularly the latest comic; the humour in these never fails to make me laugh. :D

Now, here's to wondering whether being undead has any interesting "side effects"...

Yep I'm back for the time being. There may or may not be side effects to being undead.

Heard Soran put something up, so I knew it was worth signing back in (I'm not the best at leaving this place it seems).That is exactly how I'd react. Axes are just the way to go.Anyway, back to being gone. I'll check back every now and then to see if anyone else rises back from their graves.

Oh hey Ptolemy/Ro/Zyglak, good to see you back (I'm not either). Always use axe for all your body odor Zombie Killing needs.

Let's see if ptolemy rises from the grave.

He just did. Points up.

Comics have a certain magic: the brain reconstructs the "events" that occur in between each panel automatically, making what appears to be a discrete phenomenon rather continuous. Your latest comic seems to be an example of how one can play with that fact; the transition between the second and last panels is glorious.

I always liked that about comics that they were static images, just connecting a section of a story with another. You use your imagination to figure out how the panels connect and in a way it makes it more entertaining. Especially since everyone has their sense of humor. It makes it most of the time funny to whoever is reading compared to video I think. At least for me it does. And thank you.

Ooh! You're back up an' runnin'!

For the time being and until I either don't have enough time, lose interest, or burn out. For right now I'm fine though.

Hope you guys enjoy the comic,

~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

Oh wow, I almost forgot about that ol' version of Ler. Interesting to see him again - I ought to make a more stable 'usable character' since Ler's fairly story specific. Maybe I'll revamp Vee, or make a new version of Ler just for this sort of thing... but, hey, it's nice to see him around again. And that he's still got his dagger! I think it was called the Bane of Stabbington or something. Good to see you back in the swing of things, late as I am to say it.

Edited by Leraku

Sisen said:

Let's focus on Snail! Snail is the bombdiggity.

New Comic! http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/UniteComicSociety/Soran/Comics/Comics/back_from_the_grave.png Link incase image doesn't load I made a few random comics while I was bored. Figured I would post 'em here. ~Soran

"Soran D. Skies He made comics or something." You haven't lost any of your talent. XD

Edit: Embedded+quoted image w/ large file size linked.

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

You have no faith, Come my children, hear my tale.

Long ago, two brave spirits joined, creating A place we all know and love, and the members of this glorious place built upon it, making it become a grand city of culture... We all live on this place, We show new things, laugh, discuss, and ponder, we stay as a team, and those we have lost will remember, and if they so choose, they will return. If they don't, that is their choice. But that does not mean we should give up, continue to grow, strive to be creative, dare to play well.

so play on, my children, and play well.

Edited by Loganto The Bo-Matoran

~UntitledModel_9.png.a8adc254dbd8da1586473030e7c7d30e.png~

Long ago, two brave spirits joined, creating A place we all know and love, and the members of this glorious place built upon it, making it become a grand city of culture... W all live on this place, We show new things, laugh, discuss, and ponder, we stay as a team, and those we have lost will remember, and if they so choose, they will return. If they don't, that is their choice. But that does not mean we should give up, continue to grow, strive to be creative, dare to play well.

But Dear Turaga Loganto The O'Mighty Soran Is Currently making the snazzy kit and a game..So i would not truly say he is leaving unless your reffering to the other comic makers that are leaving OR you could just be speaking of the wiseness only a turaga has..OR you could just be providing positive wording to all of us

-Tahukan TTVM

:voyanui:

Long ago, two brave spirits joined, creating A place we all know and love, and the members of this glorious place built upon it, making it become a grand city of culture... W all live on this place, We show new things, laugh, discuss, and ponder, we stay as a team, and those we have lost will remember, and if they so choose, they will return. If they don't, that is their choice. But that does not mean we should give up, continue to grow, strive to be creative, dare to play well.

But Dear Turaga Loganto The O'Mighty Soran Is Currently making the snazzy kit and a game..So i would not truly say he is leaving unless your reffering to the other comic makers that are leaving OR you could just be speaking of the wiseness only a turaga has..OR you could just be providing positive wording to all of us

-Tahukan TTVM

Oh... Uh... I was referring to all that have left, and for positive reinforcement.

~UntitledModel_9.png.a8adc254dbd8da1586473030e7c7d30e.png~

• 10 months later...

New Comic!

need_a_partner_by_soarinskies-d8iq996.pn

New plan

This is a continuation of where I last left off. In case you guys forgot or can't find the comics I'll give you a run down of the situation.

Soran rises from the dead. Is technically undead. Zyglak fears Soran since he is a Zombie and he doesn't want to take any chances. He tries to kill him and to combat this Soran hires Leraku to be his bodyguard. 

~Soran

Edited by Soran

Hey, you're back! Are you here to stay this time?

My prevailing theory is that he stumble into a time machine in January of last year and accidentally sent himself a little over a year into the future. Either that or he found out Bionicle returned. Or perhaps he sent himself into the future due to the return of Bionicle. But that would imply inside knowledge. I know your secrets, Soran! You cannot hide them from me!

• Upvote 4

bBhcfWO.png

Well, that's certainly a nice hat. Heh, I see you remembered that I'm broke. Either that or coincidence, like when you made that comic where I was arrested on the same day when I almost got arrested in real life.

Incidentally, that happened again a few months ago...this time because apparently climbing onto a library rooftop is illegal.  -_-

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Well, that's certainly a nice hat. Heh, I see you remembered that I'm broke. Either that or coincidence, like when you made that comic where I was arrested on the same day when I almost got arrested in real life.

Incidentally, that happened again a few months ago...this time because apparently climbing onto a library rooftop is illegal.  -_-

Stop getting into trouble you're gonna blow our cover!

• Upvote 1

bBhcfWO.png