Soran's Comic Emporium

Soran

New Comic!

overheard_plans_by_soarinskies-d8jkaf0.p

Overheard plans

Bulik, delivering some optimism as usual.

Update: I've fixed up the topic page. Should be easier to navigate and hopefully better looking, as it was really jumbled up. I'm mainly just showing my new recent comics from this story arc.

~Soran

Edited by Soran
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

Man thats some good aim I mean Loganto would be long dead (totally not because i was aiming for the head)  Nothing even through the hat tho.

one day this will contain greatness only the best. But take this with the ocean of salt then you will know what to expect from this

New Comic!

whose_in_charge__by_soarinskies-d8kyoqu.

Whose in charge?

Whoever possesses the hat is in charge. 

This is funny.

Now there's one thing that poses a problem.

How does an axe thrown like that (panel 6), end up on the wall like that (panel 8)?

Um… Magic. Actually I was hoping no one would notice.

Man thats some good aim I mean Loganto would be long dead (totally not because i was aiming for the head)  Nothing even through the hat tho.

Is it good aim or bad aim if you were aiming for his head and missing? That hat is very lucky.

This is funny.

Now there's one thing that poses a problem.

How does an axe thrown like that (panel 6), end up on the wall like that (panel 8)?

Merely because I'm the one throwing it.

This is the answer.

Hope you guys enjoy the comic!

~Soran

• Upvote 1
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

Is that Ro? I thought he was discontinued. Hah.

I literally have had so many alter egos and such in the past that Soran at one point almost Internet-throttled me. Consider this statement right here, right now, as my official declaration of self. I am the red guy, who is wearing the captains hat. Consider Ro, and any other variations to merely be that red guy wearing other matoran as costumes with a pseudo-name. Oh my gosh. Perfect comic idea. Maybe I'll whip something up for old times sake.

I literally have had so many alter egos and such in the past that Soran at one point almost Internet-throttled me. Consider this statement right here, right now, as my official declaration of self. I am the red guy, who is wearing the captains hat. Consider Ro, and any other variations to merely be that red guy wearing other matoran as costumes with a pseudo-name. Oh my gosh. Perfect comic idea. Maybe I'll whip something up for old times sake.

Or maybe update Helios lol

Edited by Makuta Luroka

bBhcfWO.png

New Comic!

axes_prepared_by_soarinskies-d8lm44p.png

Axes Prepared

Just a quick, short comic. The next comic should feature the big encounter with Zyglak and Pizzaman VS. Soran and Leraku. 

Probably one of the more creative censors I've seen!

Thanks. I noticed that a matoran's hand was the same size in width as the needed censor, so I just had another character censor it. And who better to censor it than a moderator?

Nope, Ro is infact discontinued. His circuits fried or something. That is Zyglak who is still Ptolemic's character. 

I nearly jumped through the screen a few times in the past to smack some sense into you. I'm glad that you have assumed the identity of a character finally. You are now Zyglak or "Z" (Zee?) as some of the other characters might call you. Hurry up and whip up that comic, don't leave us hanging.

So I would like to inform you guys about a current project I'm working on. It's an epic named Velius. It's my take on actually creating a Bionicle styled story. So if you guys have at all liked any "serious" stories I've made or are curious what kind of serious story I could make, check it out. 

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the comic.

~Soran

Edited by Soran

ALRIGHT ALRIGHT I'LL MAKE A KARZ DARNED COMIC. After seeing Soran's latest Arc I've decided that Dead Authors will take a new direction. Still full of my usual morbid humor and such, putting more emphasis on the title, and relying a bit on the cooperation on other authors. I'll have the new comic up shortly. Here's a hint. The White Stripes. 

Okay so making a comic has felt really good, I've missed this. Also I look forward to the boss battle._.

New Comic!

surprise__zombie__by_soarinskies-d8luzaa

Surprise, Zombie!

I actually started making comics again just to make this comic. I really like the lead up of the story arc just for that one line at the end. I also had to create a whole lot of things for this comic, such as a few new backgrounds and that picture of Ro. Over all I'm quite pleased with this one. 

Heh. Loganto in this comic reminds me of a friend from my swordsmanship group.

A fight scene with axes next comic? This I have to see.

Sounds like a fun friend. And you shall see it now.

Holy ######, I'll be destroyed if I face Leraku. I WANT TO WORK WITH THE ZOMBIES. They are stronger.

I'm sure your character has a work around where you won't have to fight Leraku.

ALRIGHT ALRIGHT I'LL MAKE A KARZ DARNED COMIC. After seeing Soran's latest Arc I've decided that Dead Authors will take a new direction. Still full of my usual morbid humor and such, putting more emphasis on the title, and relying a bit on the cooperation on other authors. I'll have the new comic up shortly. Here's a hint. The White Stripes. 

Okay so making a comic has felt really good, I've missed this. Also I look forward to the boss battle._.

I shall check it out, also if you need help with anything contact me. 

Hope you guys enjoy the comic,

~Soran

New Comic!

just_won_t_leave_by_soarinskies-d8mcg5u.

Just won't leave

Not exactly the funniest comic, but it's a necessary one nonetheless. This is the departure of the pizza man and the pizza hat from this story arc.

Update:

I have added resources for any potential fan comics on the topic post. These include characters, the comic strip template, as well as backgrounds. The characters found in the "Character sheets" are the characters that I am keeping for the comics. Their personalities or quirks about their characters are different enough from each other to warrant keeping them as a character. I might create a comic explaining the other character's disappearances, maybe. Probably not. Maybe they all left when Soran died. Who knows. I don't. 

Mani should've brought more axes. Maybe taped an ax to the ax.

Yo dawg...

That picture... So many (2) great avatars from that arc.

A lot of people really liked that arc. Glad I could bring back some memories for some people.

Even more outmatched than I thought! That was a hilarious comic though, and the axe effects are nice. Did you make those, or find them?

"I'm a pacifist"

"THIS IS THE KIND OF THING YOU SHOULD TELL ME BEFORE WE START A BATTLE!"

I found a 3d model of an axe at different angles, and had to adjust them to look similar to the axes in the previous comics. 

It's nice to see these kinds of comics around the forums. I do like this sudden, unexplained undeadedness of Soran which then drives the plot forward regardless of its own unexplainedness. I'm going to be following this very closely. Best of luck to you, Soran.

This comment seems very official sounding. I guess without the other comics for reference it does seem unexplained. I stopped making comics for a while so I (or in this case Soran) was presumed dead and when I started making comics again Soran rose out of the grave. Thank you.

Even more outmatched than I thought! That was a hilarious comic though, and the axe effects are nice. Did you make those, or find them?

"I'm a pacifist"

"THIS IS THE KIND OF THING YOU SHOULD TELL ME BEFORE WE START A BATTLE!"

Well of course I'm pacifist, I grow flowers for a living. c:

Was hoping that you wouldn't mind me making your character a pacifist. Glad it works out okay.

Glad you guys enjoyed the comic and I hope you like this next one,

~Soran

Edited by Soran

I wish I could be the cameo. Like, if you needed a background character. At any point. Like a car dealer, or a bungee jumping instructor.

EDIT: Guess who forgot to positive.

Great arc. I've always loved these fantastically made strips, and a great ending to my role. Even though I probably won't show up again, I hope that's not the last of the pizza guy.

I had a really day today, but this lifted my mood. Love the comics, can't wait for more.

Edited by Loganto the Le-Matoran

~UntitledModel_9.png.a8adc254dbd8da1586473030e7c7d30e.png~

I wish I could be the cameo. Like, if you needed a background character. At any point. Like a car dealer, or a bungee jumping instructor.

Actually I plan to use your character as a background character in a few comics. Probably not to the extent that you're thinking (being featured in multiple comics with different jobs) but he still will be featured. That's why I specifically said "This is the departure of the pizza man and the pizza hat from this story arc." I will make reference of your character probably several times during the series since I have your sprite sheet anyway. I already have a short mini comic in mind in the next story arc that features your character, although he's not actually part of the story arc. 

~Soran

Actually I plan to use your character as a background character in a few comics. Probably not to the extent that you're thinking (being featured in multiple comics with different jobs) but he still will be featured. That's why I specifically said "This is the departure of the pizza man and the pizza hat from this story arc." I will make reference of your character probably several times during the series since I have your sprite sheet anyway. I already have a short mini comic in mind in the next story arc that features your character, although he's not actually part of the story arc. 

~Soran

Woo! :P

I was thinking something more like this:

the_who.png

But it is your comic. So comic away, my good man.

Edited by Loganto the Le-Matoran

~UntitledModel_9.png.a8adc254dbd8da1586473030e7c7d30e.png~

New Comic!

help_wanted_by_soarinskies-d8mspjd.png

Help Wanted

What better place to advertise your need to have a zombie killed than a newspaper?

EDIT: Guess who forgot to positive.

Great arc. I've always loved these fantastically made strips, and a great ending to my role. Even though I probably won't show up again, I hope that's not the last of the pizza guy.

I had a really ###### day today, but this lifted my mood. Love the comics, can't wait for more.

Thank you, glad I could lift your mood through rough times.

"And the hat"

LOL. I'm surprised Zyglak paid him at all, since he did absolutely nothing.

The payment would've been for delivering the pizza.

"And the hat"

LOL. I'm surprised Zyglak paid him at all, since he did absolutely nothing.

Actually, that was for the pizza, remember?

Bingo.

the_who.png

Stuff like your example I could easily input into comics. Also, I'm highly entertained by all the many logantos in the picture.

Oh, right.

I get the feeling Zyglak's gonna have me pay him back by helping him fight Leraku.

That would've seemed like an easy, natural transition, but I always assumed your character to be too loyal to try to hurt Soran. Plus since you and Leraku are practically equal in strength, the whole story arc could've easily just been your fight. Though it probably could've been rather entertaining to try to figure out some sort of fight for you guys. 

Anyway glad you guys enjoyed the comic, heres another. 

~Soran

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I do have the loyalty, which is why I wouldn't volunteer for the job. After all, I was at your grave the day you rose from the dead! I just thought Zyglak might exchange monetary repayment for that option, because of the fact that I can match Leraku. :P

Don't worry, I certainly am not out to kill you. :)

I wonder who'll see that newspaper ad...

Pk57sNJ.jpg

the_who.png

Stuff like your example I could easily input into comics. Also, I'm highly entertained by all the many logantos in the picture.

All two of them lol.

Interesting to see people still read the newspaper, I suppose. Now I kinda want to read the other ads.

bBhcfWO.png