Emergency Transmissions

Wait...we're allowed to have Shadow as an element?Uggh, if only Iranu would respond to my messages...

Here's a better question, are we allowed to have characters with their light partially drained? Like Takanuva? Cause if so...I just might make a character like that...

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

No. :)It's both a morality thing (ever seen a good Toa of shadow?) and it would never be granted to someone suspected of treachery.

Well, if you read some of Iranu's old academy epics, then yes, I have seen good Toa of Shadow.Could he at least be neutral without really caring either way?

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

It was one of the rules I made before the game started, as Hacker leader, only Hackers can have the element.

I think...we could create a interesting plot...with a Toa slowly turning into a Toa of Shadow. (Like Takanuva almost did.) I volunteer to make a character like that! :biggrin:

Lack of creativity is making my blood boil. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif That is why I left the bzprpg.I have a 'good' Toa of Shadow that is a vigilante in Dreamland. But he does have emotional issues. But then again all of my characters do.People stop with your false dichotomies. Not everything is so black and white.

Lack of creativity is making my blood boil. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif That is why I left the bzprpg.I have a 'good' Toa of Shadow that is a vigilante in Dreamland. But he does have emotional issues. But then again all of my characters do.People stop with your false dichotomies. Not everything is so black and white.

That's what I thought. :P

profiles i guess

Not only is it a rule, meaning it's not exactly open for debate(Unless you want to debate it against each other for fun. It wouldn't change anything.), it wouldn't work. The last Toa of Shadow in game was Ryjak. Nobody is going to trust a Toa of Shadows for a while yet.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Not only is it a rule, meaning it's not exactly open for debate(Unless you want to debate it against each other for fun. It wouldn't change anything.), it wouldn't work. The last Toa of Shadow in game was Ryjak. Nobody is going to trust a Toa of Shadows for a while yet.

I still want to know if having a character with their light particularly drained is allowed or not. -_-

Nobody is going to trust a Toa of Shadows for a while yet.

That doesn't really matter: I don't think people are all that racist in such a civilized society and even then, it's just another struggle for supposedly 'good' Toa of shadow.
I agree with this. Besides, he could always flip like Iranu ended up doing just before Chronicles of Corona Nui popped into place.Then again, the Academy was a prequel...but still, it could probably happen.

profiles i guess

Okay, I'm just going to point out the irony here - KNI, your defense about the Steltians is the exact same one they're using.Though I'm on your side with this - they're Toa of Shadow. They have no inner moral light. That's a requirement to be a Toa of Shadow. You may have some morals or ethics, which means you can be Lawful, Netural, or Chaotic on one axis, but you're evil by the default fact that you don't have any good in you. That's why Makuta have shadow powers - they pushed out all of their inner light, just like the ones in the other universe pushed out their shadow (and had light powers).There's no racism debate over this. It's a fact.Now buzz off.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Okay, I'm just going to point out the irony here - KNI, your defense about the Steltians is the exact same one they're using.Though I'm on your side with this - they're Toa of Shadow. They have no inner moral light. That's a requirement to be a Toa of Shadow. You may have some morals or ethics, which means you can be Lawful, Netural, or Chaotic on one axis, but you're evil by the default fact that you don't have any good in you. That's why Makuta have shadow powers - they pushed out all of their inner light, just like the ones in the other universe pushed out their shadow (and had light powers).There's no racism debate over this. It's a fact.Now buzz off.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Quoted for truth. And to reiterate, Skakdi are often assumed to be evil by In-Game characters. Why wouldn't the same be true for Toa of Shadows?Oh, and Snelly? I recommend taking it up with either KNI or Tyler.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

The Steltians had inner light, though I guess I see your point.Toa of shadow don't. They are evil by nature. That's a fact, and rule. There is no debate.

Edited by Shadow Guardian

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

'Evil' and shadow have little to do with eachother. Takua was not completely 'good' and yet he was a Toa of Light because he was an Av-Matoran. And you can have synthetic Matoran here. So you could create a morally balanced Matoran of Shadow and then turn it into a Toa of Shadow and assuming it was raised around other 'good' characters it too would be 'good'.

'Evil' and shadow have little to do with eachother. Takua was not completely 'good' and yet he was a Toa of Light because he was an Av-Matoran. And you can have synthetic Matoran here. So you could create a morally balanced Matoran of Shadow and then turn it into a Toa of Shadow and assuming it was raised around other 'good' characters it too would be 'good'.

Except unlike Toa of Light, Toa of Shadow cannot exist naturally, all Toa of Shadow, as far as I know, were formally a different element, but they had their inner light drained. So, that's why all Toa of Shadow are pretty much evil. Edited by Snelly the gelotophobic

Toa of Shadow are evil, simply because the used to be regular Toa, but had their light drained or whatever, I dunno, but they were made that way by someone evil. Yes, things aren't black and white, but Toa of Shadow are pure evil because they have been manipulated and brainwashed and all that jazz.Takua was on the side of good, whether he obeyed their rules or not. He was created as an Av-Matoran, but as we saw in 2008, Shadow Matoran only exist by being made that way at a later date. The Shadow (sometimes referred to as Kra-Matoran) could only be brought to their senses by the Klakk's ability.Keep in mind that this is a fictional universe, and good and evil exist in a very clear manner. Characters in the Bionicle Universe very rarely have any kind of ambiguous alignment. Takanuva, despite being half shadow, was still on the side of good.

Don't forget, though, what Paragon said: What if you created a S-Matoran or S-Toa of shadow, but programmed them, if you will, to be morally good? The fact that we have synthetic people thrown in here throws that off a bit.And Shadow, if I had ignored it, wouldn't I have tried making a good-aligned Shadow Toa by now? :P

profiles i guess

I say shadow can let you transport through shadows and can be spread in a shadow-leech way.Anyone who wants to join the CHI, run into Reet outside the cafeteria. If you want a high position, though, you have to be really hot and fall in love with Esao.

In fairness, she's still a field agent. Esao's clueless.Also, Para-whatsyourface, you got smited by the Ignika. Please don't make me have to give you another strike.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Mmk, he's been PM'd.In the meantime, who's in the CHI cafeteria? I have something planned soon...-Teezy

My new character Uuril is in there along with Krayzikk and Alfon. :biggrin:
Try not to let him leave. God forbid something happens to them.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Mmk, he's been PM'd.In the meantime, who's in the CHI cafeteria? I have something planned soon...-Teezy

... Now I'm a little worried. My new character Uuril is in there along with Krayzikk and Alfon. :biggrin:
Try not to let him leave. God forbid something happens to them.-Teezy

fK5oqYf.jpg