Day Run: The Garden

Parugi

OOC: Come to think of it, knowing what I'm actually supposed to be doing would definitely help...IC: Srizz | Hallway"So you're smart, interesting, lethal and have no use for the large amounts of money we're being paid," Srizz summed up with a smile. "Buddy, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship." He paused halfway to the portal. "We're not going into the snow again, are we?"Aside from the usual threat-scan and general vicinity awareness that he maintained at all times, the assassin largely ignored the Rahkshi for the time being.-=H-D=-

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

IC: West District GarageWasponax's form broke apart as the insects swarmed the mech, each looking for a way in. Once they found a hatch, the Dark Hunter filled the cold metal interior and examined the internal workings, making out what they could in the little light.The inside was, much to their liking, hive-like, having alcoves lining the walls. Machinery filled its entirety, and a nearby set of devices beckoned to several of the creatures. Upon operating the technology, darkness was lifted by garish lights and the sounds of working machines emanated from every corner.Everywhere within the mech Wasponax's componets flew around to steer the vehicle; a twitching motion in the machine's features signaled to Yultin that he was ready to be lowered into the other room.

Edited by Magnus Greel

OOC: Sorry, Onarax. Gottta prioritize.IC: The other Toa may have said something in reply; Lekua wasn't sure. He had cocked his head sideways slightly, as though hearing something Nikaron could not. He nodded slowly. "Yes. Yes, I understand. Very well." He shook his head. "Karz," he muttered, returning his rifle to his back. He cast one last glance at the Tower of Tyis before rocketing toward shore.-----It was not long before Lekua arrived at the dock. The rush of the wind and the crash of the waves filled his ears as he entered the small garage where he had parked his vehicle. A single guard stood on duty. The Matoran looked up with mild interest as Lekua approached, but didn't challenge him. Good. Lekua was in no mood for conversation. He vaulted into the Kahu's cockpit and maneuvered the car out of the garage with ease. He leaned back on the leather seat, flipped a few switches, and with a sigh dropped his foot on the accelerator. "The Roads to Salvation..." he mused, flying down said road. "Ironic."

Edited by Βalta

Q2TtLEz.png

IC: Aranai: City Central:Aranai was nearing the powerhouse, but... She felt she was being watched. She looked around. She could see nothing, but she decided she would use some tricky maneuvers just in case. She turned a corner, then dashed into an alley while pulling her guitar from out behind her. She hefted the deadly instrument up over her head and brought it down on a nearby door. Luckily, no one was home. She dashed upstairs and used her flute to blow darts into the several windows on that floor. She then blew out the windows with a burst of water and chose a random one to jump out, running through several more alleys before she came to the powerhouse.IC: Peacemaker: City Central:Peacemaker peeked out from behind a trash can to find that he had lost the toa he was tailing. A crash resounded from the next alley. He sprinted around the street corner to find a door hanging on one hinge. He entered and walked up the stairs to a room. There were several broken windows on the walls, but no trace of the toa. He had lost her.

IC: Calik + NPC - East DistrictCalik nodded silently, before approaching the counter, where a Matoran in green armour was waiting."Do you mind telling me why your pet here just scared off half my clientele," he asked indignantly."Not my pet. I'll have a glass of ale, a Mahi sandwich, and an ice cream cone, please.""Do you know how much profit you just stole from me? It'll take me weeks to restore this restaurant's reputation.""Not my problem. Glass of ale, Mahi sandwich, ice cream cone""Oh, well it's going to be. You and your friends here better be ready to pay for the cost of-" The Matoran was interrupted by Calik unsheathing one of his knives mere centimetres from his neck. With a small gulp of terror, the owner gave a weak smile and said, "Ale, sandwich, ice cream, right?"-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Aranai: City Central Powerhouse:The toa of water took out a dart and began to pick the lock. Several minutes later, she was in. She sneaked past the sleeping guard, hands trembling in anticipation of the upcoming explosion, into the main room. She quietly removed the brown paper rapping and hid the charge deep withing the mess of machinery that generated electricity for the entire city. She went to set it, but found that it already had a time amount selected. She frowned. It was far too long. She slipped it under some random piece of metal she could never guess the function of and slipped out of the building.IC: Peacemaker: City Central:Peacemaker walked out of the building, as disappointed as an A.I. could be. He walked back onto the street, searching for a crime he was competent enough to stop.OOC: Aranai and Peacemaker open for interaction.

OOC: HD: Wasn't sure if you wanted to wing it or not. :PIC - Dalmia - Hall: "Directly to our destination: Garage D13," Dalmia said, barely acknowledging the Rahkshi. "Exposure will be limited. Come."He stepped through the portal, followed by the others. Dalmia was correct: his portal had led them directly into the garage where the Mass Production Units were being held, specifically appearing right in front of the door. As Srizz and Ikssrss were stepping through, Dalmia was quickly scanning the area--mentally and physically.At the sight of the Ring agent and his companions, a nearby Matoran--one of the scientists who had designed the MPUs--dropped what he was holding.IC - Yultin - Shop: Yultin nodded at Wasponax and pressed more buttons on the control panel. Hydraulic lifts sounded as the vehicle and its container began to descend, lowering into a wide, rectangular basement floor, lit entirely by white lights. Panels on the floor opened up, releasing a number of Dummy Mechs, which activated and waited action from Wasponax."Practice on these," Yultin said over the comm. "They won't do anythin' until you begin."IC - Sanshou/Jyehn - Training Room: "Reassigned?" Sanshou repeated. Jyehn nodded, holding out a datapad to her. The Artanian took it and began to read the file."Zanth of Team Zero has requested a meeting at his base," the insectoid councilor said. "We need someone to represent the Guild; it's too dangerous for Tyis or any of the other Councilors to go. Tyis intends to send Alan there, though there is no telling how long it will take for him to recover from his... operation. Consider this an official induction of Kairan into the organization.""We'll get it done, sir," Sanshou said, handing the file for Kairan to look over. "We'll need a method of transportation, though.""Consider it taken care of," Jyehn said. "I'll send word to the garage to have a transport prepared." Sanshou nodded, saluting him. The Councilor turned to leave. "Take care--I feel Kai-Nam is about to take a turn for the worst; let us hope we can survive whatever is coming." With that, he departed, heading up the stairs.Sanshou watched him go, and then looked at Kairan. "I suppose that makes our spar a bit pointless," she said. "Welcome to the Guild."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

IC: Srizz | West District labA talkative, friendly and jocular Haaz'ryz stepped into the portal. A hardened professional mercenary/assassin stepped out. The moment he entered the lab Srizz scanned it carefully. Entrances. Exits. Defensive emplacements. Hiding places. Personnel. Then the personnel themselves, currently just the scientist: Weapons, carried. Weapons, concealed. Apparent physical training. For the briefest of moments all traces of good nature vanished from his reptilian features as he analyzed every detail of his surroundings... then he smiled again and sauntered over to the scientist. "So," he remarked, "I hear you like to gamble."-=H-D=-

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

-==IC: Kairan//Tower of Tyis==-Kairan nodded with a smile to Sanshou."Yes, it probably does. It did do well to give me some good training, though. Hopefully it'll come in handy in the upcoming fights." Kairan said with another nod, as he began to walk toward the garage, though he did wonder what the Jyehn had meant by Alan's 'operation'...

IC: West District GarageThe Mech continued to twitch as the container descended into the chamber below. The insects within tried to operate the vehicle as best they could, developing basic movements in the machine's features by the time it reached the practice area. It wobbled around the container as the Dark Hunter inside tried getting accustomed to its walking.Once he was confident enough, Wasponax stepped down to face the dummies.IC: East DistrictGreel ordered a dish that looked and sounded good and would take little time to prepare. As he waited for the food, he walked over to one of the tables and telekinetically pulled out a chair. Next to him laid Rocky, who began drifting off into a light snooze.Staring at the two chairs by him, the Team Slight member pulled them out, too, so when his teammates were ready, they could take a seat.

IC: Calik - East DistrictCalik flipped a few credits onto the counter when the food was brought forwards, placing the sandwich in his mouth, and keeping the ale and ice cream in either hand as he walked over to Greel's table."Well, I have to admit, despite the rather gruff staff, this place is a fairly decent restaurant," he said, placing his sandwich back onto the table, and began eating the ice cream cone.-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC - Dalmia - Garage D13: "Now, now, Srizzy; you might scare him," Dalmia said nonchalantly--and, indeed, he seemed to be correct, as the scientist momentarily stammered in an attempt to respond. The other dozen or so beings in the room--several of them guards--were also trying to figure out what to do. Dalmia addressed the Matoran, though did not move. "I'll make this quick, my short acquaintance: Give us the Mass Production Units and you may leave here with your life."The Matoran's eyes widened at this. For several moments, he didn't respond, nervously shifting his feet as he tried to think of an answer. Then he stepped on the datapad he had dropped. Immediately, an alarm began to blare throughout the complex. The guards quickly shifted into offensive positions, firing at Dalmia, Srizz, and Ikssrss as the scientists in the area made an escape, quickly disappearing in the chaos.Dalmia stood perfectly still, not reacting as the attacks flew through his body, which separated like a cloud with each attack that passed through it. A pair of guards charged him, only to be slammed to the floor by dust-like projections of energy that took Dalmia's form."I suppose it's good to see that they have sense enough to realize when they're in a lose-lose situation," the Ring member said, completely ignoring the facility guards. "Kill them all."IC - Sanshou - Tower of Tyis: "True," Sanshou said. "Follow me; I'll show you the garage."IC - Yultin - Garage: As soon as Wasponax stepped forward, the dummy mechs activated, their eyes glowing bright red to indicate that they were on standby, waiting...

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

-==iC: Kairan//Tower of Tyis==-Kairan nodded, as he quickly followed Sanshou, wondering what Team Zero wanted with the Guild... Though figured it had something to do with a plan that he recalled Alan mentioning at one point before the Searcher attack.

IC: Artorre: The Barrens:Artorre set out for the Garages, speeding across the Barrens.IC: Aranai: City Central:Aranai popped out of an alley near the warehouses. She walked into the one she had come out of earlier, found the crate, opened it, and descended the stairs into the secret passageway.

IC: Djoser, By Ring HQ:"I guess." Djoser shrugged, turning away before he remembered something. "Hey Toxin, there's a Day Run tournament match going on today. What do you say we go check it out? Maybe we'll have an opportunity to gate crash."

IC: Srizz | West District labBefore the guards had finished readying their weapons Srizz darted off to the left... and the right, and forward, backward and upward, plus several combinations of the above. About half a dozen Srizzes started dashing about the lab at high speeds, ducking and twisting and tossing knives and pulling impossible turns. The guards tried to shoot at them, but mostly just ended up hitting the floor, the lab, each other, and in one case the guard's own foot. An astute mind would have noticed that there seemed to be more guards now, and that the ones slain by throwing knives lingered for a minute before fading away gently. Meanwhile, the real Srizz (probably) leaned against the back of some lab computer or something, eyes closed and focusing on the illusions. This mask? Best trade he ever made. Period.-=H-D=-

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC: "Ksss!" Ikssrss hissed in glee as the battle started. He used his staff to deflect oncoming shots before flexing his back just so...sending two knives spinning int the air. He gave each a solid whack with his staff as they descended, sending them hurtling into the overhead lights. The sudden shroud of darkness made the guards pause momentarily to get the bearings or to adjust to the gloom, but Iksrss had no problem with shadows and picked them off with more thrown knives. With a few guards down he had an opening, and began moving on the remaining guards, twirling as he dodged and deflected more shots

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: East DistrictGreel's order was placed on the counter, steam rising from its appetising appearance. The Team Slight member performed another trick as he unlocked a gateway to his side, and reached a hand inside the doorway-like opening. His arm came into sight by the food, which he grabbed and pulled back through the passage he created.He set the meal on the table, handling the silverware that came on the plate. Agreed, he said, scooping up a portion of his food with a utensil. They do know how to cook a tasty-looking meal. Greel proceeded to eat his order, satisfied with his choice.IC: West District GarageStopping as the dummies activaded, Wasponax's components presses all sorts of buttons and switches, especially the bright and colorful ones. As a result, the Mech kicked and jerked, swinging with its shields. The real surprise came when the two teeth-like pinchers flipped open to reveal a spray of fire and fireballs aimed at the Mechs, produced by the flamethrowers mounted within.

IC - Traxin - Restaurant: Traxin sat down on Greel's table too, and took a sip of his Martini. Despite the oncoming race, he was not hungry in the slightest. After living on rations back on his home island, the huge meal he had eaten earlier that day had been enough to sustain him until an hour or so after the race.

IC - Dalmia - Garage D13: As the last guard fell, his face and chest scorched from another energy burst from Dalmia, the Ring member observed the mess they had made. Finally moving, he walked forward, approaching a door that--judging from the lights above it and a number of other indicators--was heavily secured."Split up, search around, say something if you find the MPs," he said to Srizz and Ikssrss. "I want to find our little friend." He placed a hand on the door. Immediately, cracks began to spread along its surface, glowing green in color. A moment later, the metal disintegrated. He stepped through, into the hallway, and looked around. "Let's make this quick, shall we?"With that, he vanished, tracing the Matoran's path through a scanner in his visor. IC - Dummy Mechs - Garage: The dummy mechs were knocked back by the various attacks, though as per their design, were not damaged--at least not badly. Their eyes changing from red to green, two of them launched a series of energy bursts at Wasponax.IC - Sanshou - Tower of Tyis: As promised, a transport was waiting for Sanshou and Kairan as they arrived in the garage. Another Toa stood by the cockpit, a badge on his chest indicating that he was their pilot. Saluting them, he stood by as they climbed into the hull, before closing the door and taking his own position in the vehicle. Moments later, the vehicle began to rise, hovering above the ground for a second before exiting the tower.Sanshou took a seat by the window, tapping her fingers on the armrest. It wouldn't be long now...

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

-==IC: Kairan//En Route To Zero Meeting==-Kairan frowned, as he leaned back in his seat, and looked out of the window, reflecting on everything that had happened, and the trials that would likely face them eventually.And there's also the next Day Run match... Kairan thought, as he waited for the vehicle to arrive at the meeting place.

IC: Vertak, Zero Bunker:Vertak's plans to take a leisurely drive had vanished upon stepping out of Zanth's office, and the Matoran silently made his way to the room where the necklace - always fake, or just a replacement after death? - had been stolen. He looked around the room for several minutes before going to the Tumbler, which he sat in.Again, silently as he waited within the vehicle for the guests to arrive.

IC: Near the Ring HQ"Sounds good. I think I would like to spend some of my money first. Maybe something high tech."IC: the Garages"Hey bro?" said Sol."Huh?" replied Marx."Know that message I said would be coming soon?""Yup.""Well I got it. I need to go out. I'll be... around. See Ya.""Yeah. Bye."Sol got walked out of the Garages and into the crisp cool air. He launched himself into the sky with a single fluid movement and headed off to wherever he was going.Marx continued to work on the teams vehicles.IC: the CitySlate had been wandering the city for a few hours now. He was still obsessing about the Garden but at least he was out of the garage.He got out a sheet of paper-like metal and started writing after he sat on a road side bench.'To Whom it may concern,I, Slate of the Southern Islands am seeking a Keeper.I would like to request passage to the Garden. I meanno harm. I seek no riches or treasures. Only the chanceto see a dear old friend of mine. If you have anyinformation for me please meet me in the East District.Specifically an abandoned shop once called To Suit You. :s: :l: :a: :t: :e:'He then looked at his note as if it was not good enough and crumpled it up. He then placed it in a waste bin.Maybe I shouldn't be thinking about this.But deep down he hoped someone would find his note and be able to help him.

IC: West District GarageWasponax was in joy after seeing the flamethrowers work. More button pressing and circuit operating activaded a new function: the Mech folded up into a ball as the bursts came, and rolled out of the way of the incoming attacks at a surprising speed. The blasts hit the ground, while the machine returned to its bipedal form.As one, the insects chuckled, their cackling escaping the vehicle, before firing another blast of fire at the dummies.IC: East DistrictKaytana reappeared in the alleyway, standing on the personal teleporter. With her mission completed, the Skakdi returned to retrieve her speeder, stepping off the device and onto the ground. It had made her assignment much easier and faster to finish, bringing her all around City, and proved to be an asset in the future. OOC: Parugi, want me to specify what types of weapons she used now, or wait until later?

IC: Srizz | West District labThe (probably) real Srizz hopped up onto a nearby piece of lab equipment, raised his face into the air and took a long, deep breath through the nose. Hm, mostly blood and fire. Darn guards and their toys. Hints of something else. Metal filings? Some kind of acid, odd chemicals... Smells like a scientist to me. Without warning he darted back down to the ground and out the door, looking more like an actual lizard now than before. The moment he was out of sight he slipped into the shadows where he wouldn't be found and pursued his quarry.-=H-D=-IC: Theron | West DistrictMeanwhile, a behemoth of a Toa approached the front door to investigate the sounds of gunfire coming from this laboratory. In contrast to his large, armored appearance he moved swiftly and carefully, though not exactly quietly. He stopped for a moment to listen at the door. Nothing. Seemed the exitement had stopped, but he intended to find out what it was. What was the protocol in these situations again? It was either knock on the door or knock down the door. =H-D=

Edited by Half-Dragon

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

OOC: Greel: Doesn't matter to me.IC - Kerid/Sanshou/Zanth - Zero Bunker: It was not long before the Tyis transport arrived at its destination, slightly later than Kerid, who was waiting in the snow. As the vehicle descended, a large portion of the ground suddenly opened up, revealing the entrance to a large garage. Carefully, the pilot directed the transport inside, landing gently in an open area; Kerid followed behind on her own vehicle, parking it nearby. Lights turned on from the ceiling as the door to the garage began to close."Sanshou," the Steltian said as the transport opened, the Artanian stepping outside. She nodded back. "Kairan." Kerid looked around the area. "I guess the rumors about this facility were true, then."Sanshou nodded again. "That surprise you?" she asked. "Remember who you're talking about."Kerid smirked as the door at the far end of the garage opened. Zanth stepped through it, pausing for a moment before beckoning them over with a head movement. As they approached, he nodded at them. "Glad to see you found the place all right." He glanced at the Tyis transport. "Separate pilot? Or did you two fly here alone?""There's a Toa in there," Sanshou said. "He'll be fine. Knowing him he'll have a book to read."Zanth nodded again. "Very well," he said. "Follow me. We have a lot to discuss... even if our third party hasn't shown up." He gestured for them to enter before following after the three beings, leading them toward the conference room. Pressing a button on a control panel, he messaged Vertak and Zaydan, telling them to meet them there. As well, he activated the base's security. This did not go unnoticed."My apologies," he said as Sanshou gave him a questioning look. "But I'd rather not be interrupted--and I have reason to fear that we will be interrupted."IC - Dummy Mechs/Vailian - West District Garage: The attacks struck the mechs again, knocking some of them down. They momentarily paused as Yultin's voice called over the intercom."Got anything else you'd like to test out?" he asked. "Or shall we leave it here?"Vailian, meanwhile, had been busy looking over a map. Using a display on his Coder, he had decided on two potential locations for Lyxek's requested drop-off point. The Hivena decided to wait for Wasponax's response to Yultin before checking out either spot.IC - Kovian/Sepcret/Illuxio - Day Run: Kovian examined the familiar sight in a nearby mirror. On his chest armor now sat a Team Crest, which he had morphed into the symbol of Team Shurikan. Now four dagger-like points jutted out in different directions, pure white in color as per the Crest's limitations. Sepcret bore an identical one on her own armor.The two Toa had arrived at the Day Run moments ago. Naturally, they had not been recognized by the Matoran who had registered them, though that hardly mattered. What Kovian cared about was the fact that he had recreated Team Shurikan--partially, at least. True, his best members had gone off and joined other teams--Srizz to Team Bounty, Elithes to Team Vigil--but he had Sepcret at his side now, and that was worth something. Not to mention, he had never actually had to fight against Srizz in the past. This experience would be interesting, to say the least.Something he had not expected, however, was the arrival of a third being--one whom he did not recognize, though who very obviously knew him."Toa Kovian!" the mechanical, Kakama-wearing being called. Kovian looked over. "I thought I recognized that system!" There was something familiar about that voice. The being stopped in front of Kovian, smiling. "Oh, right; you wouldn't know this body. Illuxio, at your service. Former AI for the Outlander, in case you've forgotten.""Illuxio!" Kovian said in surprise, stepping back. "No way. How did you--?""Present from Swerv," Illuxio said, rubbing the back of his head. "A replacement body for... Well, the multiple bodies I've lost control of in the past." He twisted his arm slightly. "Can't say all of the details are the way I wanted them, but that's what modifications are for, I suppose..."IC - Lyxek - Ring HQ: Lyxek hummed softly to himself as he punched in a number of keys on a holographic control panel, tapping his foot on the ground as he did so. A display of the Day Run's Team Crests was present on the screen he was staring at. Pressing a button, he glanced up as a number of the devices appeared in the air in front of him.Smiling to himself, he pressed another button, causing them to vanish in wisps of smoke.Immediately, they appeared in front of a number of beings across the island--namely, Dalmia, those Dark Hunters who had decided to assist the Ring, and a large number of Ring operatives who were not currently signed up for the Day Run. At the same time, the register for the Day Run suddenly updated.A lot more participants had just joined the upcoming match--which was scheduled to start in roughly an hour.IC - Dalmia - D13: Dalmia stopped in his tracks as the Team Crest appeared in front of him. He studied it for a moment, knowing who had sent it. Beneath his mask, he smiled. Plucking it from where it floated in the air, the Ring member placed it on his chest, concealed beneath his wings. It shifted in shape, becoming a hand.Very cute, Lyxek, he thought. Let's hope you know what you're doing. Wasting no more time, Dalmia shifted into his own unsolid form, continuing on his path down the hall. He had a feeling that his target was nearby. It wouldn't be long now. Still, he didn't want to catch the Matoran until Srizz and Ikssrss had found the Mass Production units, at least if he could help it.Always stinks to be the first one done, he thought. Takes away all the fun of the game...OOC: Tuesday, 5/22. Unspecified time. I am giving everyone on a Ring mission right now permission to do their job in one post.That is how concerned I am about getting this done on time. Let's hop to it. :3

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

-==IC: KairanZaydan==-Kairan looked around the base, intrigued. He noticed a Toa walked up, armoured once more, and recognized the Toa as the one from the Arena defense; though with a feminine form now."Very interesting." Kairan said, and nodded at the Team Zero members who were gathered at that moment."Now then; where do we start?"

IC: West District Garage Wasponax, like the dummies, paused for a moment. There was at least one more feature to this Mech he had yet to test out, but what he saw now was enough to satisfy him for now -- the last one could be discovered in combat. Besides that, there was no other vehicle he wanted to see. This one was perfect for him."This shall be the end of the tests," the Dark Hunter said, about to jog back to the container to be lifted up.Before he could, however, a Team Crest materialised in the air right in front of him. Unfamiliar with the item's significance, he simply snatched it from it perch, thinking it was sent by Yultin for something vehicle-related. Whether it was or not, he would ask the Toa or his partner.The insects figured it was time to get back to the mission. They just had to pay for the Mech they inhabited at the moment -- after Yultin brought up the container he was now standing on. IC: East District Kaytana smirked as she walked over to her speeder, navigating the alley with her club-staff again. Once the time came, each explosive placed around City would go off, revealing mixed results. The most used, and her favorite, was charged with elemental energy -- Jungle, to be specific. Blocks and building would sprout plants of varying sizes, creating a forest-city scenery. She made sure to add agressive and poisonous species to the batch, so that civilians could be attacked and infected. Others included bursts of magnetic force, warping and crushing metals caught in the blast and magnetizing vehicle and people together; animation bombs, bringing nearby inanimate matter to life to damage their surroundings; and regular ones, causing a violent outburst of force and fire to bring down structures. She had planted the majority of her explosives in East District, a place she figured to house much of City's populace. West District and nearby North District were other locations, some of the weapons even placed close to the border of the districts and Central. Though she couldn't get much closer to the center of the city without getting caught by KNPD officers. Mounting herself on her vehicle, Kaytana chuckled a little. City was in for a surprise later, and she couldn't wait to see the expressions of citizens as her bombs were activaded. The Skakdi then maneuvered her way out of the alley and drove off. That Day Run match was going to start soon!

OOC: Assuming temporary control of Vertak as per iBrow's request.IC - Zanth/Kerid/Sanshou - Zero Bunker: "From the start," Zanth answered. He opened a door to a room in which a long table was sat, the surface of which was criss-crossed with glowing blue lines. He entered, leading the way for the others. Vertak approached down the hall with Rhindon, slipping in after the others.Moving over to the table's control panel, Zanth entered a few commands into the console. "My sources tell me that the Day Run and its associates have managed to figure out a number of things in regards to Lyxek and the Ring," Zanth said. "What all do you know?"IC - Yultin/Vailian - Garage: As the mech stepped back onto the platform, it began to rise, elevating back into the containment unit. Yultin nodded at Wasponax. "Impressive work," he said. "50 kas. Just transfer the credits over and we're good to go."IC - Kovian/Sepcret/Illuxio - Day Run: "Enough about that, though," Illuxio said after a moment. "When did you arrive on Kai-Nam? Where did you go after the Gynel incident?"The Dark Hunter paused, glancing at Sepcret. "Long story," he said. "I'll fill you in later. Let's just say that I'm hoping to... catch up on events around here. I've heard that there's been a bit of trouble that needs to be dealt with.""Oh, yeah," Illuxio said, frowning. "I can give you the details. First thing's first, though." He nodded at Kovian's Crest. "You two are just rejoining the Day Run, correct? I was about to do the same. Unfortunately Team Vigil has no room for another member. I would enjoy working with you again, however, if you don't mind." He looked at his hands. "To be honest, I'm not quite sure of what all I can do in this body yet. But I will find out soon enough, and I could certainly use the practice."Kovian shrugged. "Fine by me." He looked at Sepcret again. "You?""Doesn't matter to me," the Toa of Ectoplasm said, smiling slightly. "Welcome aboard, Illuxio.""Glad to be a part of this," the AI said. "I'll go and get a Team Crest now. Meet me at the entrance to the arena when the match starts.""Will do," Kovian said. He watched Illuxio walk away for a moment before nodding at Sepcret again. "I'm going to explore for a bit. I'll see you later."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

-==IC: Kairan==-Kairan began to explain the majority of what they knew; he didn't know much about what had been found out in between the time when he had fallen unconscious during the Searcher fight and earlier that day, but what he did know, he told them."Long story short, the Ring and the KNPD are working together behind the scenes, Alan found out the Director's an AI, and there was a cave filled with AI clones of Lyxek, which we had seemingly destroyed, but apparently not good enough, considering that Chabri, or Khazra, or whatever his name is, is apparently in the middle of that Searcher." Kairan explained, covering the other detail in the long story version.OOC: Aka, the one that happened off-screen. =P

IC: West District GarageThe Mech nodded, while the insects inside pulled out the payment card and slid it through the hatch. Flipping a few switches caused the machine's arm to reach up and grab the money, then to hold it out. They also lifted up the Team Crest found in the chamber below for Yultin and Vailian to see. "Either of you know what this is?" Wasponax asked. IC: East DistrictGreel finished the rest of his meal, placing the untensils on the plate and wiping his mouth with a soft, white cloth. With his boot, he nudged the napping Rocky, and placed his kas on the table to pay for the dinner, which was included his own, Calik's, and Traxin's. He reached out to a waiter inside the restaurant with his telepathy, letting him known they were finished, so he could clean and collect the money.Then, standing up from his chair, Greel said, We should get going, he told his partners. The Capture the Flag match will begin soon. IC: East DistrictKaytana drove through the streets of East District at a moderate speed, meant to hide her excitement of the upcoming match and explosives, instead of her normal, almost careless speeding.

Edited by Magnus Greel

IC - Vailian/Yultin - Garage: Yultin took the money before pressing a button on the control panel. Immediately, the restraints deactivated, freeing the mech. "Pleasure doing business with ya." He gestured to the primary loading entrance. "Head that way when you wanna head out."As the Toa left, Vailian approached and raised an eyebrow at Wasponax. "That would be a Team Crest," he said. "Standard issue for the Day Run. It allows participation in their events. Where did you get that?" He paused and then shook his head. "Actually, don't answer that yet; we still need to finish our job." Opening a channel with the mech, Vailian displayed the two potential drop points he had decided on. "How quickly can you scout out these city squares?"IC - Dr. Corthus/Dalmia - D13: The Matoran continued his escape down the halls of the garage, surrounded on all sides by mercenaries. They were the best of the best, hired specifically for his personal protection, and had managed to locate him almost immediately at the fight in the lobby had begun--just moments after he had gotten away from Dalmia and his companions.Now, Doctor Corthus was headed toward the one thing that could possibly get him out of here alive: The very Mass Production Units that he had helped to create. There was a reason he had withheld them from the Ring, though he wasn't about to tell anyone why--no one in this facility, anyway. The truth about the MPUs was... too horrible for them to know. He had hardly been able to hold on after finding out. And seeing how desperate Lyxek seemed to be to get them--sending Dalmia, of all people--made him very glad that he had disobeyed orders.He was, after all, a bioengineer, not a... He couldn't even find a word to describe his feelings toward the Mass Production series. When he had taken Lyxek's job offer, he had expected to work on neural interfacing or some sort of similar control network. The designs of the MPUs seemed to support it, which was why the engineers who had put the machines together had not suspected anything, but then he had gotten his alloted resources...He shuddered, unsure of how to even comprehend what he had been forced to work with. By the time he had finished, he had realized his mistake and called it all off.Maybe now he could right that wrong. All he had to do was get to the control unit, unlock the MPUs' containment unit, and then destroy the place. That would hopefully be enough to take out the entire series. Rounding a corner, he felt a rush of relief as he spotted the door to the control booth. He hurried in, his guards taking position outside to keep an eye on the corridor.Corthus began to punch in a number of commands. Only a few seconds in, however, he heard a shout, followed by a number of gunshots, a rush of wind, and then silence. Thundering silence. A sudden force pulled him back as he was about to unlock the containment unit, causing him to slam into the floor.Dalmia stood over him, the Matoran's face reflected in his helmet--along with parts of the bodies that littered the immediate area."Hellooo," Dalmia said giddily, shifting Corthus's head with his boot. "You know, I was going to let you off easy, but I get the feeling... that you had very mean plans for my babies." He tapped his helmet before planting his heel on the Matoran's neck."Splitting... souls?" the Matoran managed to cough through the pressure on his airway. "Is that what... this has... come to?" He stared determinedly up into Dalmia's hidden face. He could sense a smile behind the mask."Sort of shows where things around here are going, doesn't it?" Dalmia answered. "Almost like a bunch of terrible things are about to happen. Luckily for you..." He pressed harder. "... you won't have to see it."A snap sounded.Dalmia turned to the control booth, stepping over the bodies of the Matoran, Toa, and Vortixx that he had slain. He input the rest of the key code, unlocking the containment unit. He looked at a nearby monitor, observing the Mass Production Units. He activated his comm."MP Series located," he said to Srizz and Ikssrss. "Sending coordinates back to HQ. They'll be here to pick 'em up momentarily. Finish killing whatever you're killing and then head to the Day Run."IC - Zanth/Kerid/Sanshou - Zero Bunker: "So... a bit less than we know," Zanth paraphrased. He entered several more commands on the console, ignoring a look from Sanshou and Kerid. Holograms appeared over the table, a soft, glowing blue in color. They were images of a number of things--each of the Constructs, the Keys, both halves of the Heart and the Eye, the Rose, and finally, the Garden.He swept a hand across the table, throwing the holograms into free-float around the room and enlarging them. He plucked the Gauntlets from the air, 'tossing' the holograms to Kerid. He did the same with the Eyes, the Sword, the Necklace, and the Kanohi Nox, throwing them to random individuals. "Do you know what these are?"Kerid looked at the Gauntlets for a moment, recognizing them. "These are the 'Keys,' aren't they?" she asked, looking at the mask, which had ended up in Sanshou's hands. Zanth nodded. "So you know what all Lyxek is after, then.""No," Vertak said, crossing his arms. "We know more than that."Zanth pressed another button. The Sword, Necklace, Gauntlets, and Rose all turned green. "You are right, though," he said. "These are the Keys that activate the Heart. Lyxek has over half of them already. Vertak." The Matoran took out the Eyes, holding them up for the others to see. "Vertak managed to acquire these last week. Somehow, we've avoided losing them." He leaned on the table, looking at Kerid. "You have the Mask. Lyxek has one third of them left to find. And he will find them.""He can't take them if he can't get to them," the Tournament Organizer said. "I think the Nox is safe from him at this point.""You haven't seen him in action," Vertak said. "Whatever defenses you have between the Ring and the Mask aren't going to stop him if he decides to come after them himself."The holograms of the Keys were pulled back to the table as Zanth pressed a button. "Like I said, he's going to find them," the Team Zero leader said. "And he's going to take them. The sooner you accept that, the sooner we can get down to building up countermeasures."Sanshou took a seat in one of the black chairs set around the table, her eyes set on Zanth. "So if you knew all that, why bother bringing them up?""Why not?" he responded. "Open secrets clear the air. If you wanted me to I could've said nothing at all and left a barrier between us--which wouldn't have helped in the slightest." He moved over to the Constructs, pulling them into a circle in front of him. "No; we needed that out of the way, Sanshou, so that we could get down to our real business--we're all on the same page now. Lyxek wants the Keys, he's going to get them, and all we can do is stop him once he finally lets his guard down." He handed the Construct holograms off to Kairan. They were arranged in a seven-pointed shape, with the Collector at the very top, and rotating, counter-clockwise, to the most recent--'zombie' Matoran, the Darkside, the Virus, the Arena Construct, the Beast, and the Searcher."What about these?" he asked. "Day Run nanobots made them. You should know a thing or two about them by now."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

-==IC: Kairan//Team Zero Bunker==-Kairan nodded."We know much about them; not everything as far as I know, but enough." Kairan said, a frown on his face."I helped take down the Arena construct, if you recall, and the Searcher is one of the reasons Alan and I haven't been able to make this meeting take place sooner, given that it used mental powers that rendered Alan insane, and nearly caused permanent damage to me." Kairan said, as he nodded to the jellyfish-like construct."The others must have happened before I got involved in all this, but I've heard some things about them." Kairan explained, looking over them once more.

IC: Artorre: The Barrens:The garages were in sight. Artorre planned to meet the leader of another new team, who apparently lived in a garage.IC: Aranai: City Central:Aranai pulled a lever at the other end of the tunnel, causing the slot machine to descend again. She entered the casino, walked out the front, and made her way back to the parking garage she had left her vehicle at.

IC - Zanth/Sanshou/Kerid - Zero Bunker: "Not what I meant, but at least you know what these things are capable of," Zanth said. "Kerid. Makeup of the Constructs. Why are they so adaptable? Why are they so different from each other?"Kerid placed a hand on the desk. "They're made from Day Run nanobots; you already said that," she said. "The Ring stole a shipment and reversed engineered our technology when we first moved to Kai-Nam. Apparently they've found some way to use souls as the power source for their Constructs. Scans suggest some sort of modified AI is used to control them, though we don't know the specifics.""And that is just the tip of the iceberg," Zanth said. "I'll lay this out for you. If our current enemies were a single body, then Lyxek would be the head, the Constructs its left arm, the KNPD its right, and the Ring itself would be its legs. As for its body--a creature named Rhashahk, a God that was destroyed long ago by a being named Keremu. The extremities--at least the modern variants--have been long at work in an effort to revive Rhashahk. That is the primary purpose of the Constructs: They kill things, gather intel, cause destruction, all with the primary purpose of bringing Rhashahk back to life."He motioned for Kairan to push the Construct holograms--which had turned red--to the side. He brought up the Heart, Eye, and Rose, enlarging them."The Coeur, Vue, and Noyau d'Ombre," he said. "The Heart, Eye, and Soul of Rhashahk. They run off of souls. Those energies collected by the Constructs--by the Collector and the Ring? Soul energy. Meant to power the Heart. The Keys? Meant for the Heart. It's the primary instigator for Rhashahk's revival, and thus requires a... number... of things to turn it on. That was Keremu's intent when he forced Rhashahk into these three pieces. Fortunately or unfortunately, the Heart eventually split in half. I'll get back to it in a bit."He grabbed the Rose. "One of the keys," he said simply. "And yet not one of the keys. I can't tell you much more about it aside from that it represents Rhashahk's soul and that Lyxek has it." He tossed it aside, grabbing the Eye. "Now, the Eye. Like the other pieces, it's needed for a full revival. It's also the last of the parts to activate. Supposedly, once the Heart has finished its part, the Eye will merge back into the body. The fact that Lyxek has not made much of a fuss about finding it suggests that he knows where it is already.""Sounds like you do, too," Sanshou said.Zanth looked straight at her. "KNPD headquarters," he said flatly. "You say the Director's an AI? Seems logical to me. KNPD and Ring partnership is also not doubtful. But what would be the point? Definitely not protection of another Key, right?" He pointed at the Eye. "I'd be willing to bet this entire facility--and more--that that's where we'll find the Eye. There's no other explanation."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png