Day Run: The Garden

Parugi

IC - Dalmia - Arena: "Oh, did I hit a nerve there?" Dalmia asked as he teleported away, moving back toward the mountains. "You really must control that temper." He slowly lowered himself onto the peak of the mountain, outstretching his wings. It give him a sort of angelic-slash-demonic appearance, especially as energy began to gather around him. A moment later, a burst of energy in the shape of Dalmia launched forward, aimed at Kairan and his mech.IC - Vertak/Rhindon/Zanth - Red Base: Teammate at six o'clock, Rhindon told Vertak as Greel approached. The Matoran turned and nodded at him."Zanth, you ready to go yet?" he asked the Team Zero leader over his Team Crest."Negative," Zanth said. "Go ahead without me--I want to see if I can make use of the information up here.""Right," Vertak said. He looked at Zaydan. "You ready? Our vehicles aren't that far away." As he waited for a response, he looked back at Greel. "Need something?"IC - Team Shurikan/Vailian/Djoser - Arena: Sepcret nodded, lowering her density again and heading off toward the northern section of the Arena. It would take a while to get near enough to see Srizz, though she kept a look out anyway, in case she ran into someone else in the air."'The robot'?" Illuxio responded incredulously as he neared Chyff. "That's Illuxio, Chyff-Toa. Still, duly noted. Where do you want me to go first?"Kovian, Vailian, and Djoser emerged from the mountains southern section, sliding down a small hill into the central area--the desert. Numerous cracks and pits dotted the ground; as he advanced through the area, Kovian made sure to avoid these.Above, he could heard the sounds of energy being launched; looking up, he saw Dalmia and a large, mechanical thing battling far above them. He didn't stop to help--there was no point, as they would have moved by the time he had made his way up there, anyway--instead opting to continue forward.IC - Ehjoras/Spire - Island: A bright beam of light shot from the spire as Elittra activated it. It stretched from the tip of the tower and into the distance, back toward the first island she had been on. At the same time, a marker appeared on the map that hung above the arena, signaling where the spire was."Looks like Elittra of Team Liberty has located the first of the Flag Spires!" Ehjoras said, momentarily muting the announcements reaching the battlefield. "Assuming she can find all of them, they should lead her directly to the flag! she'll have to be quick, though, otherwise someone else might chance upon it!"

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

IC: Arena - Volcanic Region - Red Team HQ (Red Team)The action startled Greel a little. He turned his head to see Calik, and grinning at who it was, he faced the Toa of Fire completely. "Ready to win this?" he asked, using his physical voice probably for the first time on Kai-Nam. It was deep, guttural, and echoed around the equipment room. Zaydan and Vertak would no doubt have heard it across the chamber. "Have any ideas?" It seemed the question wasn't just directed to Calik, but the other pair as well. IC: Arena - Mountainous Region (Blue Team)Hexxon considered searching for the opposing team's flag in the very heart of their territory -- the northern volcanic sector. That would be very risky, however, so it might be better to go there later, when it wasn't as occupied with Red Team members as it was now. He looked west towards the jungle, west to the sea, and then south at the wastes. Which seemed like the better place to start? Kaytana had raced off to the forest, and if she was looking for the flad for victory, that place was already covered. That only left the sea and barrens to scan, and he could easily fly or teleport to both. Maybe he ought to start with the wastes...Both Hexxon and Anar warped into the the shadows, vanishing from the scene, but not before attaching the silence and camouflage generators to themselves to avoid detection.

Edited by Magnus Greel

IC: Artorre: Arena (Bottom of Lake) (Red Team):Artorre finally reached the point he had started from. The lake wasn't quite as large as he had thought. He began searching the center of the lake.IC: Elittra: Arena (Large Island) (Red Team):Elittra looked up as the spire shot a beam of light across the arena. She couldn't see where it hit, but she could see where it was headed and began sprinting in that direction.

IC - Traxin - Red Base: Traxin, who had done little so far in the match due to Wotz's low attention span, deactivated his Huna and stepped forth to reveal himself to Greel, Calik, Zaydan and Vertak, nodding to each of them in turn."I'm no strategist, but a distraction or two to draw the blues' attention away from the flag seems to be in order." he suggested.

IC: Srizz | Blue Team | Arena | SkyAfter a minute or so of no contact Srizz tried again, touching the team symbol and hoping it would broadcast to the entire blue team. "Can anyone hear me on this thing? Their defenses mirror ours. I need a report on our defenses ASAP. Repeat: I need a defensive report." He hated just hovering around. Aside from the fact that the enemy base was right there, it was also tedious and noisy. Oh, not nearly noisy enough that someone could hear him this high up, but still. -=H-D=-

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

Let me guess: Artorre can't remove the rocks yet because the spires that come before that one haven't been activated yet?IC: Elittra: Arena (Large Island, Beach) (Red Team):As she reached the beach, Elittra saw that the beam shot off toward the first island she has been on. She depressed the central button on her team crest and spoke into it. "I just activated some device on the largest of the islands, which sent a beam of light over to one of the others. I'm investigating it right now."IC: Artorre: Arena (Bottom of Lake) (Red Team):Artorre spotted the odd structure along his path through the center of the lake. He walked up to it and gave one of the rocks piled in front of it a tug.

Edited by Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons

-==IC: Kairan==-Kairan spiraled out of the way of the attack, and fired off three plasma blasts from his cannon gun at the Ring member."It's not about hitting nerves; it's about keeping you occupied. If I finish you off, that's fine too." Kairan said, gripping his sword, as he flew toward Dalmia once more.-==IC: Selirah==-Selirah didn't exactly want to get involved with the others right then, so after she found her vehicle, and the others, she climbed inside, and tethered the others to it, even as she drove off."Heading toward the drop-off location." Selirah stated over the Team Crest, even as she hoped to move out, and actually do some damage to the Blue Team, before the flag was found.-==IC: Zaydan==-"Yes." Zaydan said with a nod, as she grabbed a laser cannon, and strapped it to her back with iron, and headed toward the garage, where her Mech was located. She hoped they could handle everyone, but given that there were no real major threats that had the same power level Lyxek did, she thought they could handle this.

OOC: Burnmad: Give it a try--oh wait you already are. :PIC - Spire - Lake: The rocks gave without resistance. Evidently there was not some trick to revealing the control panel.IC - Vertak - Red Base: Vertak glanced at Zaydan as she headed off toward one of the garages. "That'd be a good idea if we knew where the flag was," he said. "Still, it doesn't hurt to attack them. You all ought to head out and search for the flag; we'll take care of the other team."With that, he followed after Zaydan.IC - Dalmia - Arena: "Preoccupy me or defeat me, it doesn't matter in the end," Dalmia pointed out, teleporting again. "Unless you bypass the Day Run's Team Crests and kill me, you'll still have to deal with me once this is over." He paused, glancing at a timer on his HUD. "Word of warning, you might want to find that flag soon, assuming you want any kind of chance to save anyone from the Searcher..."IC - Illuxio - Blue Base: "On it," Illuxio responded to Srizz. He approached the base again, walking over to a console on the wall. Activating it, he did a scan of the system. "Looks like the majority of the defenses are standard Heatsink Turrets. Laser-based defenses. Aside from that, there are a few focused-EMP towers and short range scanners. I wouldn't get too close if I were you... though you probably knew that."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

-==IC: Kairan==-Kairan smirked at that comment."I already am." Kairan said, as he chuckled."Did you seriously think that I'd go straight for you, if I didn't have a feeling that others would handle finding the flag?" Kairan asked, and frowned."No; the others will find it. In the mean time, I'm going to take you down, regardless of whether you die or not. If I'm lucky, maybe I just might injure you enough that you miss the rest of the events." Kairan said, as he fired off more blasts at Dalmia quickly, hoping that he could land at least one hit.-==IC: Zaydan==-Zaydan powered up her mech, and looked over at Vertak with a nod."Let's go; we have a team to take down." Zaydan said, as she moved her mech toward the exit, hoping this plan would work right."Can you see the other team on the map?" Zaydan asked Zanth over the Team Crests, not sure about that.

IC: Calik - Red HQCalik shrugged, indifferently. Based on his last arena fight, the Toa had found it was impossible trying to argue with Team Zero."Probably won't hurt to check around," he said, before consulting his map of the area, "This island, right here, seems like the perfect place for the flag to be held. It's largely isolated, plus people seem to like islands."-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Arena"Hey Marx?" said the Toa of Sonics into the Team Crest."What?" replied Marx."This place has lots of tech stuff. Maybe you should check it out.""Oh fine..."Next to Slate opened and shadow gate and out walked Marx. He towered over the six foot tall Toa.Marx nodded a hello to Slate and walked over to the gathered group."Hey! Is anyone else gonna try to figure out this places controls? Or should I?" He asked to the group that had gathered in the Red Team base.Slate stood nearby. He was unsure what to do."Um. I think I'll try to take down some of the other team. Feel free to follow. If you want to."

IC: Artorre: Arena (Bottom of Lake) (Red Team):Artorre stared at the control panel, puzzled. He pressed the on button, figuring it wouldn't be here if it was dangerous.IC: Elittra: Arena (Lake, in-between Large and first islands) (Red Team):Elittra had dived into the water once again and was currently swimming under the beam of light, headed toward where it was being reflected back to the large island from.

IC - Spire - Lake: A light turned on at the top of the spire...... but did not emit a beam like the other one had. If anything, it seemed as if it were merely primed to do something similar.IC - Dalmia - Arena: "See, that's where you're missing my point," Dalmia said, teleporting again. "It doesn't matter what happens to me. The longer you take to end this match--the more time you spend focusing me on instead of finding that flag as soon as possible--the higher the body count will be once the Searcher goes off. You're sacrificing more innocents attacking me than you would otherwise by finding the flag."He teleported again, high above Kairan. "Think of it like this: One extra man can be the difference between victory and defeat--or finding a flag and not finding it. If I am not planning on doing anything in this match, then what does attacking accomplish when you can't lay a single finger on me?" He waved a hand, creating an illusionary clock around him. It was counting down, with barely ten minutes left on it. He lowered himself back onto the mountain peak. "Tick-tock, tick-tock. I am a statue, Toa. Reconsider your priorities."IC - Zanth/Vertak - Command Center/Tumbler: "One moment," Zanth said. He moved over to the computer that connected to the Recorders, scanning their channels. After only a few moments, he found a camera focused on several Blue Team members. Seeing who they were, he raised an eyebrow. "Good news: I've found some of our friends--Vailian, an unidentified Toa of Ice, and--you're going to love this, Vertak--Djoser, all approaching from the south in the central area. Shouldn't be difficult to pin down with your vehicles.""Fun," Vertak said. He opened up the Tumbler, climbing into the vehicle and placing Rhindon beside him. Closing the doors, he started the vehicle and headed out, following after Zaydan."Also, I am operating up here," Zanth added to the other Red Team members, addressing Marx. "Surveillance, defenses, everything is operational. This is actually a pretty simple system... Anyway, what did you need?"IC - Jungle - Kaytana: As Kaytana moved through the jungle section of the Arena, her plants would pick up the presence of one of the Flag Spires, hidden behind a large amount of growth.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: Arena - Volcanic Region - Red Team HQ (Red Team)Greel nodded. "My powers are suited for stealthy work. I suppose the best help I can provide would be searching for their flag." Looking at Calik, he asked, "Want to start checking there? I can take you there before I head out."IC: Arena - Wastes/Central Region (Blue Team)Hexxon and Anar arrived in the central sector of the field via his Shadow teleportation. However, their presence was not detected by the sight or hearing of any other competitor in the area, thanks to the generators the Odinan equipped them with. Alright, he said mentally to Anar, as speaking verbally would be pointless. Let's take to the sky first to see if there's any flag around, then we'll stop by any spots where it may be hidden.Without another word, the Team Comet leader mounted himself on the dragon and the pair was off into the air. In case there was any trouble on the way, Hexxon decreased their density enough so that they'd pass through anything solid. Both kept their eyes on the landscape, surveying the uneven and barren terrain.While feeling around for other contestants, Kaytana detected the presence of... something else. Whatever it was, it didn't feel like a being or plant, or even a boulder, but more like a structure of some kind. Curious about it, the Skakdi leapt from tree to tree in that direction, making traveling easier for herself by manipulating the plant matter in her way.When she came to that spot, only a thicket greeted her eyes. That didn't discourage her, however, as she knew something to be beyond it from her plants. With but a single command, Kaytana forced the growth of trees, bushes, and grasses to part, revealing the Flag Spire. What's this? she aked herself, examining what looked like a control panel at its base. Intrigued, Kaytana reached out to it.

-==IC: Kairan==-Kairan's eyes widened, as he realized what Dalmia was implying.Ten minutes!? Kairan thought, and scowled, and then shook his head, firing one last blast from his Laser Cannon, before he took off for the ground, scanning the surroundings, looking for even a hint of where the flag could be located.I can't believe it... Ten minutes, and the Searcher's bomb goes off... We do need to find that flag... And fast! Kairan thought, having to admit Dalmia was right about that.-==IC: Zaydan==-"Alright, we'll try and take Djoser out now." Zaydan said with a frown; she had a score to settle with that Matoran.

IC: Amalia:Amalia ventured further, deactivating her Kakama as she neared the Central Wastes. Her dust trail would be vulnerable to sight by the enemy Blue Team. She concealed her appearance with the dunes and rocks around her, disguising her to all but anyone who was trained or was a Psionicist. She did not know of many on Kai-Nam. She searched out with her mind, hoping to connect with another's.

IC (Chyff, Blue Team): Chyff had been going to suggest that they try the watery environ first. They'd been given diving equipment in the arsenal, seemed fair to assume it was for something. Then a giant beam of light shot into the sky which seemed to be a bit of a clue."Hexxon, Illuxio," he said into the team crest, "You two are our fastest, investigate what causing that. If Red team have the flag already take it from them." He continued, but this time spoke to a different team member, "Srizz, I hope you could understand that report and I hope you know what to do. Make sure their defences aren't going to be doing any defending if we need to take the fight to them.""Any other members of Blue team who have not yet reported in, use the crests to tell us your names and powers. We need to get organised here."IC: A forty foot long mechanical snake isn't the sneakiest thing, especially when clanking along with all those guns on the side. Chorc heard it coming a mile off, and by the time t actually got round to firing he raised Cheiz's armour and activated its invulnerability powers. The vehicles rounds just bounced off the impenetrable shields as Chorc launched his own attack, zig-zagging bolts of chain lightning ricocheting through the air to strike at the snake's rider

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: Let's get this party started. Fight time!As for the flag spire, the others just reflect the first one, I'm guessing? And activating them adjusts the direction in which they reflect/will reflect it?IC: Artorre: Arena (Bottom of Lake) (Red Team):Artorre frowned. He wasn't sure what this thing was supposed to do, but he was pretty sure there wouldn't be anything else in the lake if this thing was here. He looked at the control panel, trying to find a button that might make it do... Well, anything. But he found none and, tired of the water, started the journey back to the shore.IC: Aranai: Arena (Wasteland, Fighting Chorc/Cheiz) (Red Team):Aranai snarled and made her snake-like vehicle roll over to the left, the lightning bolts leaving scorch marks in the metal around the edges of the windshield. She turned the vehicle left and opened fire with all four of the right guns, while simultaneously moving forward to avoid being hit.IC: Elittra: Arena (First Island) (Red Team):Elittra ran out of the shallow water around the island onto the shore. She looked around, not having seen anything last time she was here.

OOC: Basically. One shines into another, and once that one is activated, it shines to the next, and etc etc. until eventually the last one points to the flag.IC - Elittra - First Island: As Elittra had activated the first spire, the second had risen to the surface of the island, catching the ray of light. Until she activated this one, however, nothing new would happen.Once she did, though, it would redirect the light into the third spire--which would rise from the middle of the lake. From there, the beam of light would shine into the volcanic northern region of the Arena.IC - Vertak/Zanth - Arena: "Be careful," Zanth warned. "They may not have vehicles, but Vailian does have a number of power combinations that could be used to beat you, and there's no telling what all that Toa can do. Not to mention we've already seen what Djoser is capable of.""We'll have to make it quick, then," Vertak said. "Hit them before they can effectively respond. How close are we?""Should only be a few more minutes," Zanth said, keeping track of their progress through another monitor. "It looks like two more Red Team players are there; one of them is fighting another Blue. I can't predict whether or not they'll end up merging into your fight."IC - Dalmia - Mountain: Dalmia crossed his arms, phasing through Kairan's last attack. Underneath his helmet, he was smiling, a devilish look that--thankfully--was hidden from the cameras. He allowed his wings to drop, his gaze set on the timer on his HUD, deep in thought. The Ring member paid no heed to Chyff's message.Nine minutes, he thought. So soon... I hope the Director is keeping his people on schedule. It'd be a shame for us if we had to break the Block without killing at least a few of them...IC - Illuxio - Leaving Blue Base: "Gotcha," Illuxio said. Deactivating the console, he turned on his Kakama Generator, as well as the Kakama on his face. The resulting increase in speed was... enormous, to say the least. He zoomed off, disappearing in the blink of an eye and zig-zagged around the field, quickly arriving at the edge of the lake."It's coming from one of those islands in the western section, going from one to another," he reported. "I'm not sure I'll be able to get over there. Unless..." He moved back, activating the speed equipment again before running toward the water.IC - Kovian/Vailian/Djoser - Wasteland: Kovian narrowed his eyes as, through the scope attached to his mask, he saw a cloud of dust rise in the distance. Coming to a halt, he zoomed in, searching the area for whoever had arrived. He found no one, though that did not make him feel any more at ease."Be ready," he said to Vailian and Djoser, the former of whom drew and shuffled his cards."You know, I never did catch your name," the Hivena said. "Razor, I know; he's been with us for a week now." He replaced the cards in the Coder again. "My name is Vailian.""Kovian," the Toa of Ice said shortly. He planted his scythe in the ground, turning to face the Ring member. "Reaper, if you want my Dark Hunter name. You're Lyxek's second, right?" Vailian nodded. Kovian scoffed. "Why?""What do you mean?" the Hivena asked."Why follow him?" the Toa elaborated. "You know that whatever he's planning isn't good for the rest of the universe. Chances are that it won't be good for you, either.""Maybe not," Vailian admitted. "You aren't the first to draw that to my attention. But you must understand, Lyxek is like an older brother to me. He helped me when no one else would. I put all of my faith in him.""And none in yourself?" Kovian asked.Vailian raised an eyebrow. "I would be nothing had he not--""Yeah, yeah," the Toa of Ice interrupted, staring the Hivena straight in the eye. "I've heard it before. You were weak, he helped you up, now you owe him something. Right?" Vailian said nothing. "I've been there. And believe me when I say that some people aren't worth the effort to pay back--all they'll do is keep on asking for more, until they decide to stab you in the back." He picked up his scythe. Shouldering it, the Toa moved forward again. "Break it off while you still can."Djoser glanced at Vailian. The Ring member merely stared after the Dark Hunter, a mixture of confusion and anger in his eyes. Shrugging, the Matoran continued after his leader, Vailian following as they moved a certain distance in front of him."Kovian here," Kovian said over the Team Crests after Chyff had contacted them again. "Toa of Ice and Sonics, Mask of Chameleon. Djoser and Vailian are with me, both of them wild cards. We're creating a preliminary block in the central area. Won't take long.""Me? A wild card?" Djoser questioned as soon as Kovian shut off his comm. "I have just as much of a control over ice as you, Reaper.""I've seen your reports," the Toa of Ice said. "Things don't go well for others when you're around. You're a wild card."IC - Spire - Jungle: As with the lake spire, a light turned on at the tip of the device as Kaytana activated it, though it did not emit a beam of light. Not yet, anyway.IC - Lurinost/KNPD Army - Northern Barrens: As the dozens of tanks, officers, and other vehicles arrived at the designated meeting point, Lurinost couldn't help but smile coldly.The Kai-Nam Police Department's army was glorious. That was the one word that the armored being could think of to describe it. A myriad of color flooded the typically white snow of the Barrens, mixing and merging, swaying and rippling every moment that she watched it from her position on the hovering KNPD platform. Tall, blinking spires dotted the perimeter of the crowd of officers and soldiers, outlining the device that she and the Director had installed into the area over the past week.Two guards stood on the platform with her, one at either side of the hovering pad. It was square in shape, and equipped with four hover turbines on the bottom of each corner. It floated several dozen feet in the air, high enough to give Lurinost a full view of the field below her, allowing her to see those officers who had arrived and those who were just now coming to join them. All of them had been subject to the same "treatment" by the Director over the past few days: Reassignment. Momentary mind melding in which the KNPD's newest objective had been wholly and unquestionably given, explained, accepted.No one here had come by force. Not directly.Lurinost had put together the report, explained what needed to be done by the KNPD's entire force. She and Sanshou had discovered the Place of Birth--the Garden. They had learned how to enter it. And though their key to enter--a Matoran, a Keeper, named Syn--had been killed, his knowledge had been passed on. It had been built into the technology that now surrounded her army. The Director, Lurinost, the KNPD--they all had access now.All they needed to do was invade. Conquer the Garden. Find the Heart.Unlock its power.Lurinost smiled.As the last officers trickled in, she moved to the center of the platform. A circle of red, pulsing light appeared around her feet. From the middle of the circle rose a tall spire, its many sections rising and locking into place. The KNPD Captain stood in front of it, her feet locked in place, one right next to the other. She stretched her arms out to either side, rings of energy appearing around her wrists. The red lights gleamed in the mirrors that covered her body. A holographic console rose in front of her."Project Exodus," she said slowly. "Initiate."Red shields of energy connected each of the spires that surrounded the KNPD officers, fencing them in. At the same time, more rings of red light shone from underneath them, shining through the snow, pulsing steadily.Then, very quickly, officers and vehicles began to disappear from the circle.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

-==IC: Selirah==-Selirah headed toward the Wastes as well, nodding to Amalia as she approached. She left Nikaron's vehicle nearby so that he could get it, and then looked off toward the distance."I'm going further in, I'm gonna see if there's any opponents, or sign of the Flag." Selirah stated, as she got onto her hovercycle, and sped off quickly. On her way, though, she noticed the same beacon of light that everyone else was noticing, and increased the speed on her hovercycle, heading toward the islands quickly.-==IC: Zaydan==-"Right." Zaydan replied, as she had her mech fly into the air, headed toward the central area.If we can get the drop on them, then maybe we can take out Vailian first, and save ourselves a lot of trouble. Zaydan thought, even as she approached the area.-==IC: Kairan==-Kairan frowned, and hovered in the air, as he looked around, and then sighed, and slowly breathed in and out, attempting to find the mostly likely spot to look...OOC: It'd be rather funny if you activated the beacon now, sending the light reflecting right past Kairan, causing him confusion until he followed it. =P

IC: Amalia:Amalia nodded in response to Selirah, who zoomed off towards the pillar of light emanating from the islands. Amalia let her cool on this, focusing her objective on the flag rather than the light that soared through the sky. She began to speed out again, looking for some flag that could be hidden.

IC: Elittra/Artorre: Arena (First Island/Shore of Lake) (Red Team):Elittra spotted the spire quickly and ran up to it, activating the odd device. As she did, the beam of light went from reflecting back to the first spire to over the middle of the lake, where another one was rising up to meet it. She started for the water, but noticed that the beam of light wasn't coming back to the one she had just activated, but instead went out to the volcanic region. She spoke, puzzled, into her team crest."Did someone activate the spire in the middle of the lake?"Elsewhere, Artorre was reaching the shore and, just as he was emerging from the water, he heard Elittra's message. He had heard a few words from his team crest while underwater, but couldn't understand them. He spoke into the device."That was me." He turned around as he said this, seeing the light being bounced around. He looked northeast, where the trail ended. He found the bushes that hid his bike and got on it, speeding off toward the Volcanic Region.Elittra jumped back into the water, swimming toward the northeastern shore.

IC: Arena - Volcanic Region - Red Team HQ (Red Team)Like before, Greel snapped his fingers, resulting in an forming gateway. On the other side lay the largest of the island chain in the sea section of the field. "There you go," he said to his team leader. "Tell us what you found with your Team Crest." IC: Arena - Wastes/Central Region (Blue Team)Hexxon hesitated, though complied with the order; a hidden shroud of Shadow energy consumed him and his pet. He had been scanning the barren desert below for some sign of the flag, and investigating the appearance of a beam of light pulled him away from that. He doubted in would be an interesting experience, since he disliked bright lights. Arriving in the air close to the islands, he gave a mental sigh and had Anar fly toward the light. It would only take a few moments, he guessed.Kaytana was left unimpressed by the small outcome of activating the spire. Nothing else seemed to happen, and she didn't see and switches that might cause something else to occur. Shrugging, the Skakdi backed away from the tower and closed the dense growth that concealed it from view. Something could suddenly become apparent sooner or later, or someone looking for the flag might chance upon it like her. Then she could take them down.The Skakdi jumped back into the trees, taking multiple perches on the branches. Her eyes kept a look out for others while her powers had the plants surrounding her feel around again. Kaytana also reached out in different directions, beginning with the north.

IC: Artorre: Arena (Volcanic Region, Southwestern) (Red Team):Artorre drove around a volcano, following the beam of light. This was getting interesting.IC: Elittra: Arena (Ocean Area, Northeastern Shore) (Red Team):Elittra reached the shore. She looked around. No one was on this stretch of shore. She turned and looked out over the lake, straining her eyes to see if anyone else was in the water, where she could put them out of commission.OOC: Anyone want to be spotted by Elittra? If you're blue and in the water, it's more likely to not end well for you than for her. :P

Alan (Past)/Tyis IslandIC:

Alan's eyes shot open. There was Tyis himself, leaning over him. With a smile, he said (having gained a slight accent, oddly enough), "Well, looks like you swallowed the appendix of a muaka whole. Then licked a razor whale."

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

OOC: Well, Illuxio's blue and on the water (kind of,) but he's not in it... :PIC - Illuxio - Islands: Illuxio couldn't believe it: His plan had worked. The super-speed granted to him by the combine Speed Generator and Kakama had allowed him to safely cross the lake and arrive at the island--albeit too late, apparently, as the light had now spread."Illuxio reporting," he said into his Team Crest. "The light seems to be coming from a series of spires, three of them in the western section of the Arena. Scans suggest that they're beacons of some kind, possibly leading to the flag?" He observed their path. "The next beacon seems to be in the northern area. Caution is suggested."IC - Kovian/Vailian/Djoser - Wasteland: Kovian suddenly held up a hand, signaling for Vailian and Djoser to stop. His eyes were narrowed, listening. In the distance, they could hear the sounds of a battle, though that didn't seem to be what the Toa of Ice was paying attention to. His eyes suddenly widened. "Scramble!"They had barely moved out of the way when a vehicle appeared from seemingly thin air, its Camouflage Generator deactivating. Rolling to his feet, Kovian saw a black vehicle swerve and turn to face them. He could not see its driver, though Djoser seemed to recognize the vehicle."Look who it is!" he called. "Looks like Vertak and Team Zero are back!"Vailian raised an eyebrow, drawing five cards from his Coder. He had barely looked at the five cards he had drawn--Illusion, Amplification, Sleep, Teleportation, and Plant Life--before grabbing the Plant Life, Amplification, and Illusion cards, placing them into the Coder. Immediately, his armor shifted to match the powers he had chosen.As the Hivena created an illusionary invisibility around himself, Djoser and Kovian focused their attacks on the Tumbler, which seemed impressively mobile given the field. The Matoran created sheets of ice to try and throw off its traction, while Kovian focused a sonic wave on it, hoping to disrupt its driver's concentration.Vailian, meanwhile, was finding it difficult to catch up with the Tumbler. Its movements made it seem as if Vertak knew he was there, despite his powers hiding him...IC - Sepcret - Arena, Air: Sepcret had noted the beam of light as she flew over the northern section, keeping an eye on it immediately after Illuxio's report. She peered down, looking through the clouds of artificial smoke--and saw where the light beam stopped.The next spire was in a volcano. The spire had risen from the very center of it, surrounded by lava--too dangerous for most other beings to approach. Now she understood Illuxio's caution."Found one," she said over the Crest. "I've taken into consideration your suggestion, Illuxio..." She floated down, feeling the heat even in her intangible state. Carefully moving over to the control panel, she momentarily fixed her density, activating the spire before turning intangible again. She looked at her hand as the light shot off in the direction of the Red Base. The momentary exposure had burned her hand quite a bit, though it didn't bother her--she was used to it by now."I've chosen to ignore it."IC - Vertak/Rhindon - Wasteland: Watch your left, Rhindon warned Vertak. The Sword of Ybrus's other half was busy keeping a mental eye on Vailian, so as to keep the Ring member from getting a chance to attack them directly.Vertak complied with the instruction, banking right and firing several bursts at the Toa and Djoser. The former's sonic attacks were beginning to have an effect on the Team Zero member, though he wasn't sure how it was possible for the Toa to be using the element in the first place."Zanth, are you sure that's a Toa of Ice?" he asked over the comm, even as his opponent assisted Djoser in creating a large wall of ice in front of the vehicle, hoping to flip it over.IC - Zanth - Command Center: "I'm positive," Zanth said. "Why?" He didn't need to ask, as he saw why the moment he turned back to a Recorder who was watching the battle. For a moment, he couldn't handle the sheer surprise that tore through his system, only regaining his composure a moment later. Ice and sonics... It can't be him... can it? What other Toa has that combination of elements?He shook his head. Hoping to distract himself, he started shifting through Recorders, searching for more of the spires that his team kept on mentioning. So distracted was Zanth that he did not notice when the light hit the very tip of the tower in which the command center was located.IC - Kaytana - Jungle: Kaytana's jungle scan would reveal another spire hidden in the northernmost section of the jungle, though it did not reveal a second one. What she could make out from this, though, was that there were a number of hills that rose up at the southern and easternmost areas of the jungle, where no plants grew. Perhaps a spire was set on one of them?IC - Tyis/Jyehn - Council Chamber (Past): "You can stop that now," Tyis said. "You're healed." He looked away as Jyehn, the insectoid Councilor, entered the room again. "Has it been taken care of?""Yes, sir," Jyehn said. "Kairan and Sanshou have been sent to meet with Team Zero." Tyis nodded."My apologies for sending someone else," Tyis said to Alan. "But as you took longer than expected to come to, I figured it would be best not to keep Zanth waiting."

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: Artorre: Arena (Volcanice Region, Southwestern) (Red Team):Artorre saw the light bounce south and banked right, only to stop when he saw that it went clear across the island. He spoke into his team crest."The light seems to have gone into the tip of their base. I say we purge the other four sections of blue team members while we wait for them to activate it. All toa with lightning powers should head east, lure the blues into the water and electrify that section. Fire users should head west and torch the forest, just in case the other team has plant lifers. Everyone else should head for the wasteland. I think I see someone on top of a volcano here in north, I might need backup. After that, I'll head for the forest."After this, he turned his motorcycle back towards the spire and accelerated again. When he was within range, he fired rockets at the figure, the blue light emanating from its team crest a telltale sign that it was a foe.IC: Elittra: Arena (Ocean Area, Northeastern Shore) (Red Team):Elittra saw someone on the island. Hearing Artorre's message she dived back into the lake and began swimming, once again, to the large island.

IC: Srizz | Arena | Blue Team | SkySrizz had spent the last few minutes circling the base, searching for weaknesses, and believed he had finally found it: There was a blind spot where the turrets wouldn't be able to sense him. With a bit of luck and a lot of fancy flying he could exploit that blind spot to get inside the base, from where he could work his way up to the control tower. And with this in mind he turned around and took off back toward his own base. Not yet, he thought. After all, if I'm showing up in their home unannounced, the least I could do is bring... presents.He grinned to himself the grin that only appears of the faces of reptiles who know they're about to do a lot of damage.-=H-D=-

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

OOC: Here; let me. >=D-==IC: Kairan==-Kairan frowned, as he noticed the light reflect toward the Red base."In pursuit of the light." Kairan stated over his Team Crest, as he sped off after it. Kairan scanned the area even as he worked at getting back, and raised an eyebrow, as he noticed what appeared to be a reptilian creature flying in the air.That's no Red Team member I've ever seen... Kairan thought, readying his Cannon and firing off a warning shot, even as he sped in the direction of the light quickly, though keeping an eye on the creature on his radar, just in case.-==IC: Selirah==-Selirah raised an eyebrow, as she approached the area where the Beacon was on the islands; as she approached, she noticed an odd figure, that looked almost... Familiar, somehow. However, she didn't concentrate on that, as she readied the weapons on her vehicle, and aimed at the Toa-like being, not realizing it was simply a robot; even as she fired at the being.OOC: That'd be Illuxio.-==IC: Zaydan==-Zaydan appeared behind Djoser with a smile, even as her mech attempted to kick the Matoran in the back; before she had left, she had put a camouflage generator onto her mech, so surprise attacks would be possible; she hadn't known if it'd be effective or not; however. As she hit the ground, though, she fired off a couple blasts at the Toa of Ice and Sonics, ready to fight both at the same time, if needed.

OOC: Parugi: If I'm correct, there's two spires -- one in the northernmost section of the forest and a possible second one located on either the southern or easternmost hills?IC: Arena - Forest Region (Blue Team)Kaytana swung her head towards the north, where she sensed another structure -- very similar to the previous -- hiding in the jungle. The presence of another spire definately gave her the impression that these were important in some way. Her first idea was that both team flags placed within them, just waiting to be unlocked. That, however, wouldn't make much sense having both flags in the same area. Then there were several sections of the forest where the Skakdi's scanning just stopped around certain parts, revealing land untouched by plant life. Whether these clearings or "blind spots" of her scanning held any significance, or were just normal glades, she felt the need to check them out. If just regular clearings, they were spots where she couldn't reach out to others to attack, and therefore needed some... redecorating. Again, Kaytana was hopping through the treetops, this time headed for the north. She made sure to get there as swiftly as possible, not letting anthing delay her investigations. First, she would activate this second spire, then search those untouchable regions.After hearing Illuxio's and Sepcret's report, Hexxon decided he wasn't needed here anymore. Instead, he would follow the patterns of light beams in the sky, and see where they pointed next.

Edited by Magnus Greel

IC: Srizz | Arena | Blue Team | Sky over Red HQSrizz had just enough time to bank and twist out of the way when he saw someone aiming a weapon at him. Of course when it went way off he could see it was just a warning shot, but still he pulled up and hovered, glaring down the hundred-and-fifty-ish feet between him and the offender. Right now he was positioned almost directly between this guy and the sun - that meant that he would be blurred and hard to hit, but it was also the only reason his sky-colored camoflage had failed; he'd stood out like a silhouette. He quickly tossed an illusion over his team symbol so it glowed red instead of blue. Luckily its earlier coloration would've been all but invisible against the sun. "Hey!" He yelled, sounding indignant. "The drak you think you're doing?!" With luck and a bit of fast talking he could turn this around...-=H-D=-

Edited by Half-Dragon

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

-==IC: Kairan==-"I don't recognize you, thought you were an enemy." Kairan said bluntly, having sworn he had seen a blue glow, but decided to play along... For now."Besides; what are you doing cloaked in the sky flying around the base?" Kairan asked Srizz more than a little slightly suspicious, as he hovered in the air, not realizing the advantage he had, but unknowingly keeping it, at least for the moment.

OOC: Greel: Yup.Burnmad: Where'd you get that it jumped across to Blue Base? The Red Base spire hasn't even been turned on yet. :3Will edit in a few ICs in a moment.IC - Illuxio - Island: At the tell-tale sounds of guns being fired behind him, Illuxio turned around--and immediately activated the Shield Generator he had picked up. While the force of the blast still knocked him back, he was mostly unharmed as he rolled and drew the two swords he had placed on his back.Great--a chance to really test this body out!IC - Sepcret - Volcano: Artorre's weapons tore through the rocks surrounding Sepcret, though her intangible state saved her from harm. She looked down at the Toa, shrugging before beginning to fly away from the area.IC - Kovian/Vailian/Djoser/Vertak - Wasteland: The problem with camouflage, as Kovian could attest to, was that it wasn't the same as silence--that was why there were two separate generators for the two separate powers. So while the sounds of battle obscured Zaydan's approach, it wasn't difficult to hear a mech approaching from directly behind you.As a result, Djoser rolled out of the way, willing ice to appear around Zaydan as he turned to face her.Having been distracted with the Tumbler, Kovian was caught by several of the Beam Rifle attacks as he attempted to dodge, though he was not out for the count. Darting around Zaydan, he aimed a sonic blade at her back.Vailian continued to focus on Vertak. Using his Amplification power, he increased his speed, charging toward the vehicle. He jumped and flipped, landing on it even as Vertak swerved to dodge him. Holding on tightly, he readjusted his Amplification to his physical strength, aiming to punch a hole right through the vehicle's door--... only to be knocked off of the vehicle a moment later by a veil of shadow that seemed to emanate from the darkness in his own armor. It wrapped around him, pulling him off and throwing him into the sand before dissipating, allowing the Tumbler to get away. Turning around, it fired more shots at the Hivena.

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: Amalia:With no luck left wandering in the wasteland, Amalia took off to the mysterious beams of light. They caught her sight most of the time, while she shrugged them off. At Kakama speed, she launched toward the island side of the beam, attempting to contact her team through the Team Crest.Hey, guys? Are those beams of light a beacon for the flag?

-==IC: Selirah//Islands==-"It's possible." Selirah replied and couldn't help but think the Kakama-wielding Toa looked oddly familiar, even as he rolled away from the blast, though said blast still had managed to hit him. Focusing on her element, she attempted to use the song she had been practicing, in an attempt to cause slight exhaustion in the Toa-like being, with luck causing him to fall asleep; the only problem she never factored in, however, was that the Toa was actually a robot.-==IC: Zaydan==-Zaydan frowned, as she jumped to the side to avoid a further attack from Djoser, unwittingly avoiding Kovian's attack at the same time, even as ice began to coat the outside of her mech. However, she concentrated, and attempted to fragment the ice with her powers, trying to get rid of it. However, since the ice had frozen her mech for the moment, she was defenceless while she attempted to unfreeze it.

IC: Amalia:Affirmative. Checking it out. She said before spiralling out of the sky at a fast speed, then landing flat on her feet. Amalia was one for dangerous tricks, especially spinning in the air at fast speeds. She practiced long ago, finally mastering on a landscape such as the hills she saw in the distance. A beam of light was seen from the east, so Amalia decided to go after it, leaving a thin trail of dust behind her.

OOC: Oh, boy. Let's pretend Artorre suggested we wait to activate it, it being in our base, until we had purged the other four regions of blues. 'Kay? :3IC: Artorre: Arena (Volcanic Region, Southwestern) (Red Team):Artorre groaned as he realized the blue was intangible. Then, remembering his Kanohi, he lashed out at her mentally."I'll need someone with mental attacking capabilities as backup. I'm near a volcano southwest of Red Base. Also, I repeat, don't activate the spire at the top of our base until the other areas are clear."IC: Elittra: Arena (Ocean Area, Near Large Island) (Red Team):Elittra was nearing the large island. Seeing that a teammate was already engaged with the blue, she sent a bolt of lightning toward the foe to assist Selirah.