Day Run: The Garden

Parugi

-==IC: Kairan//Team Zero Bunker==-Kairan blinked, but frowned for a moment."So the Eye is located around, or at least near, where The Director is..." Kairan said with a frown, and sighed."That explains a lot... Why the Director tried to kill Alan... Why everyone against him was added to the hitlist... And a few other things, too."

IC: Srizz | West District lab"Aww, but I was having fun..." The assassin had been dealing with the guards in the facility, mostly for good measure - no sense leaving witnesses who might blab about the Ring's new weapon. Normally dealing with large numbers of enemies wasn't his thing, but he held all the cards here. He'd used a combination of stealth tactics, illusions and theatrics to lure them all into a warehouse, then pulled the 'lockdown' lever and killed the lights with a well-placed knife. Once they were stuck in his little playground he'd taken his time picking them off, one by one, each time one less lightstone to keep them safe from the dark, and never a witness to the scene. Now there were just two left, huddled together back-to-back and aiming wildly at anything that moved. He sighed. Well, they weren't much fun that way anyhow. He tossed a couple of knives into their throats, stopped to retrieve the knives (which are not free) and made his way to the rendezvous, giggling occasionally at how he'd played some of them against each other. Ah, priceless...-=H-D=-

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

-==IC: Selirah==-Selirah sighed, as she paced around the garage, looking at the time, as she wondered where Nikaron had gone.If this keeps up, he might miss the match... Selirah thought with a slight frown, as she didn't think that would be good for his confidence to miss the first match after forming a team.

IC: West District GarageHmm... The insects examined the two city squares Vailian selected. It seemed easy and quick to do. He could split off a portion of his components to scan one of the areas, while the others residing in the mech searched the other one. "Shouldn't take long," the Dark Hunter answered, stowing his possessions in the mech. "I'll separate to cover more ground, see if it's a good spot or not. Where should we meet back up?"IC: East DistrictCertainly, Greel replied, snapping his fingers for show. At mental command, the dimensional gateway opened before them. IC: West DistrictKaytana passed Central and made her way into West District. She almost sneered when she passed the KNPD HQ, imagining the expressions on the officers' faces when the time came to detonate her explosives.

Edited by Magnus Greel

IC: Before long, Lekua had arrived at the City's southern district. He eased down his vehicle's speed as he navigated smoothly through the abandoned streets, taking in the burnt-out and decrepit buildings. Depressing, really. It wasn't long ago when the district had been full of life and activity. He had come here often in those days; after all, this was where...A loud thunk, followed closely by another, snapped him back to the present. He was suddenly on alert, scanning the streets for the source of the noise - and then he realized that it had come from the speakers of his vehicle. Before he could wonder as to the cause, a voice sprang from the speakers, loud and clear. "We've got a problem, Gukko."Lekua swore.

Q2TtLEz.png

IC: Ikssrss hissed and spat to himself as he tucked a couple of former guards in a corner. Sure he'd killed them, but there was no need to be messy about it. Upon Dalmia's message he began rounding on the Ring member's coordinatesIC: The pairing of Eremia and Chorc/Cheiz was a fairly successful one for this mission. The lab formerly belonging to Khazra had been easy to excavate with their respective elemental powers and strength. Once they had found the crystal Eremia tucked it away, able to ignore its whispers as she was so used to causing them with her Komau. They trio started heading back to Ring base

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Near the Ring HQ"So Razor, want to go weapons shopping?" He asked Djoser.A light flashed in front of Toxin as an object appeared. At first he took a step back but after the light returned to normal he saw it was a little gadget. So naturally he reached out and grabbed it.He looked at it and noticed it was heart shaped and was pink in color.How... strange...?After a few confused thoughts he accepted the object as a random gift from an unseen power. Sure it he may seem like a servant to a greater power but he was just as likely to turn around and gut them as he was to help them.And money was a major factor in that.OOC: So Toxin will be on Team Hearts mostly for symbolic reasons. The symbol could mean the artifact, the Heart, along with the card suit or the symbol. And if you already had an idea on the crest's appearance then I'll just edit.

Edited by paragon

IC: Nikaron(Barrens and Heading to Garage.)Nikaron groaned as he finally fixed up Delta, it had taken so long for what should of been a simple fix. Of course he was without tools so that was also a problem. Besides better here than during a race, Selirah would kill if his ride broke down during a race, than again she'd probably kill him for being this late as well. Wouldn't surprise him. After Lekua had ran off, Nikaron had started to set off back towards his home, of course that's when Delta had to break down. Of course like a child Delta did apologize profusely. Even though it wasn't his fault, it was mine for not building his shell better.Finally though Delta was back up and running at full capacity, now Nikaron just hoped he could make it home and not receive too large of a berating from Selirah. Delta calculate the fastest route to home.Affirmative Sir, calculated. As Delta relayed the information back, Nikaron was already zooming off. They should make it there in just a few minutes.

~~~~

A short while later Nikaron pulled up in front of his Garage and raised, wheeling Delta back inside. "Selirah, so sorry I'm late."

Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC: Artorre: Garages:As Artorre neared the Garages, he noticed someone entering one of them. He parked his bike nearby and walked over to that garage, figuring he'd start his search there.IC: Aranai: City East:Aranai got into her vehicle and began slithering her way west, through the city. She went north around Central.

IC - Dalmia - D13: As he waited for Srizz and Ikssrss, Dalmia accessed the control panel again, searching the system for more information. The light of the computer shone on his helmet as he rapidly shifted through the files, mentally watching the area around him.Soul splitting, eh? he mused, reflecting on what Corthus had said. Interesting... Admittedly, he hadn't been aware that Lyxek had ordered such a thing from his team of scientists. The implications of this... amused him.Downloading the information into his helmet, he purged the system and shut it down, readying a portal to the Day Run.Outside, a Ring transport--cloaked and silenced--approached the area, prepared to land and retrieve Lyxek's mechs.IC - Vailian - West District: "Head back here once you're done," Vailian said. "I'll send a marker for whichever site you deem to be best; after that we need to head to the Day Run.IC - Zanth/Sanshou/Kerid/Vertak - Zero Bunker: "It also explains why over half of the Citadel is off-limits even to KNPD officers," Sanshou added, leaning back against a wall. "No kidding, the bottom floors of the KNPD Headquarters--where all of electrical equipment is--hasn't been accessed by anyone in... I don't even know how long.""Since the Director arrived?" Zanth said. "Meaning, since the Citadel was built? There you go. Chances are that that's where we'll find the Eye once it activates." He shifted it away and enlarged the Heart again, alongside the hologram of the Garden. "Now back to this. The Heart. Split in two..." He created another, smaller hologram of the Heart. "One half--the primary half--in Lyxek's possession, the other half located here." Zanth held his arms out, displaying the Garden to the others."What is it?" Kerid asked, leaning forward to look at it. There were multiple terrains to the place. From one end to the other, it gradually turned from a large meadow into a titantic forest, dotted with mutliple, monstrously large trees."The Garden," Zanth said, staring intently at the hologram. "The Place of Birth.""It was the original Kai-Nam," Vertak explained, recalling what he had learned from Lyccir. "During the original Ring-KNPD War, and the original revival attempt, it sunk, and a new island--the current land--formed over it. The mountains that surround Kai-Nam now are the only parts of the original island still accessible to anyone.""So you're saying that this Garden is underneath us?" Kerid said. "How is that possible? Someone should have drilled into it by now.""It's several hundred feet underground," Zanth said. "The dome of the Garden itself reaches up a hundred feet from the center point. From there to here, about two dozen layers of thick Protosteel plating block direct entrance--that's what the Block at all of Kai-Nam's drill depots is composed of. Case in point, it's completely inaccessible--except for several teleportation points. Even then, however, you need the assistance--or personal clearance--of one of the Garden's Keepers to get into it properly, though as some of you may have noticed, almost all of them were killed by the Searcher during its attack last week." He looked up, shrugging when he saw the surprised looks being given to him. "I've been around a while.""Did you see Lurinost in there during your last expidition?" Vertak asked. Zanth nodded."Unfortunately," he said. "The KNPD has a Keeper in their possession. Possibly the last living one. As such, they have access to the Garden--not that it matters much, as they're going to be slaughtered by the Kreshtym as soon as they get their forces inside, assuming they can do so without revealing why they're going there.""Kreshtym?""Garden's guardians," Zanth said simply."I know what those are--I was there with Lurinost and Syn," Sanshou said. She was beginning to see the big picture, but was not entirely sure of what point Zanth was trying to make. "So... The KNPD sends their forces in, they get killed by the... Kreshtym... That clears up the way for Lyxek's men to enter, or what?" She placed a hand on her chin. "Lurinost seemed really adament about going in alone. I'm positive now that she's in on the Director's overall plan. But I don't see what leading an army into the Garden would do.""Zanth, would the Block--the entire block--be able to withstand a bomb?" Kerid asked suddenly. "Not a regular bomb--I'm talking a massive one. Say, bigger than a section of City."Zanth thought this through for a moment. "No," he said. "I doubt it.""I was afraid of that," Kerid said, sighing. She opened the file that Ehjoras had sent her regarding the Searcher. "Ehjoras and Eryn did some scans after the Searcher settled onto its current location, and they discovered that it has the same properties as a biomechanical bomb. Try crossreferencing the Searcher's location with the Garden's dome."Zanth raised an eyebrow, though did so quickly. When the holograms had merged, the Searcher had moved to rest at the very top of the dome, directly in its center. Vertak whistled. Zanth frowned, pressing another button. A simulation began to play, in which the Searcher exploded. The hologram of the Garden's dome collapsed."Very, very shrewed," Zanth said after a pause. "That's... not good.""So Lyxek's going to blast his way into the Garden?" Sanshou asked. "With his own--no, the KNPD's people in there? Despite the fact that he's working with the Director?" Zanth said nothing, though the look in his eyes indicated that it was, indeed, a possibility. "Just who the heck are we dealing with here?""Someone with a lot of time on their side," Vertak said. "Whatever he's planning is planned with a purpose--he's had centuries to figure this out, from the end of the first war to now. Maybe he needs more souls and this is the easiest way to get them.""Possibly," Zanth said. "He might need physical access to the other half of the Heart...""Or he's insane," Kerid offered. "How are we going to stop him at this point?"

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

IC: the CityPerched upon a tall building he watched the people below. Like ants they walked around seemingly randomly but they all had a purpose. Or so it seemed.This land was so different from his home world. All this snow, the buildings and all the robots. Sure Marx enjoyed this kind of tech stuff but Sol, he did not like all the deviations from nature. Sure these biomechanical beings seemed alive but where they really?Just another question Sol could not answer.He breathed deeply the crisp air gave him a new sense of purpose. The last week he had sat around and read and worried. He wanted to go out on adventure but being cooped up in a garage had made him feel extra homesick as well as make him feel without purpose. He worried returning to Kai Nam was a bad idea.But his brother, Marx, was certain it was a good idea. So he just followed along hoping his brother was correct in his thinking.He missed the warmth of the sun on his skin. He missed the cool breeze in the afternoon. And he missed the planet he used to protect. But they had advanced greatly over all the years and they no longer were dependant on him and his brother.He missed the days when they relied on him for protection from predatory beasts and cosmic threats.Blinking away tears he shed over a distant past he looked around. Maybe just maybe these beings could make him feel needed again.

-==IC: Kairan//Team Zero Bunker==-Kairan stayed silent for a moment, as he considered all of that."We need to do two things... But both of those involve something insane." Kairan commented with a frown."First... We need to somehow disable that bomb, if at all possible. And secondly..." Kairan began to say, and paused for a moment."I believe we need to get the keys back, to prevent Lyxek from activating the Hearts."-==IC: Selirah//Garage==-"No worries." Selirah said with a smile, as Nikaron walked in."Was a little concerned that you had taken off at first, but there's that old saying about everything returning to what they know best." Selirah said with a chuckle to try and lighten the mood.

IC: Artorre: Garages:Artorre entered the garage and spoke to the person who had just entered."Hello. I'm searching for Nikaron. Would that be you?"IC: Aranai: City West:Aranai slithered through the streets of the City, headed for the Day Run.

IC: Day RunHmm, Greel wondered, his thoughts shared with Calik. He stepped in after the Toa, stroking his chin as he pondered the subject, followed closely by Rocky. I don't think I could travel across the Universe with only one. Metru Nui to the Southern Islands: no. From one side of a island to the other: yes. From one island to another or one side of a continent to the other: possibly. In addition, I don't think I could enter blocked off areas by special means using a gateway. Then there's the types of attacks I could store, which only deals with energy and energy-based assaults. There he stopped, aware that they were now standing at the Day Run. Ah, here we are! Greel said cheerfully, broadcasting his words into his teammates minds. Shall we head to the waiting room?IC: West District"Be back soon," Wasponax said, before transforming the mech into its spherical form and rolling out of the garage through the doors pointed out by Yultin. After driving to a point close to both squares in an alley, the Dark Hunter released roughly half of his swarm into the air. The uncontained cloud flew off in one direction while the mech folded up and drove in the other. At both locations, small portions of Wasponax separated from the larger group, and proceeded to buzz around the place, going mostly unnoticed by civilians due to the size of the scouts. They acquired a quality view of the squares by doing this, looking to see if one place was more appealing than the other. IC: BarrensKaytana zoomed through the wastes of snow between the Day Run and City. She didn't have to worry much about officers here, so the Skakdi took the liberty to speed up to the Day Run in time.

OOC: Wow. Welp, this is to prove that I still exist. If any of my characters need to be moved, Parugi or ToD have control of them. I don't know when I'll find the time to get back up to speed, but I will be trying.IC / Day Run / Registration Office:Waiter frowned as he entered the room he had thought belonged to Kerid. It was just a closet. And a stuffed closet at that. Rolling his eyes at his own ignorance of the building layout, Waiter froze as he heard the door click closed behind himself, locked.Cursing his luck, Waiter looked around for keys of some sort, but there were none to be found. Not under the mops, not behind the cleaning detergent, not atop any shelves. Waiter slumped in a corner, dumbfounded and generally kicking himself for getting locked in a closet. The fact that he could manipulate any metal did not occur to him.

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

-----------------------------

OOC: Kal, ToD hasn't moved his own characters since the forums came back from the hacker attack, so I wouldn't count on that to happen. :PDuly noted, though--if you haven't done so by the time I get back from school today, I'll move Swerv and Draxion over to the Day Run for the match.Which reminds me of a general announcement--everyone who's in the match, go to the Day Run. If you're a Ring member, drop your thing off/finish your mission and then go.IC - Zanth/Sanshou/Vertak/Kerid - Zero Bunker: "That's impossible," Vertak said. "Trust me, we tried to keep one Key away from Lyxek, out in the open in South District, with the help of a Turaga who has been exposed to the exact same kinds of things as Lyxek, and we were mowed down like nothing. Trying to storm his base would be suicide--we barely got out of that skirmish alive.""Ehjoras noted that the Searcher was protected from virtually every angle," Kerid added. "And considering how long it's been since it landed, I don't think we're going to have a chance to stop it from going off.""They're right," Zanth said. "Like I said earlier, Lyxek is going to end up activating the Heart. There's no way at this point to stop it. I suggest an alternative." He brought up the Eye and the other half of the Heart again. "If we can't stop the Heart from activating, then we're going to stop it while it's preoccupied. While it focuses on rebuilding Rhashahk's body, we locate the other half of the Heart in the Garden and destroy it--Suya and I have narrowed its location down to a fairly small area after searching for it so many times in the past. From the Sword of Ybrus, we also know that the Heart--at least its Garden half--can be destroyed."Further, acting while it's ignoring Lyxek gives us an opportunity to take him out--possibly the only chance we'll get to do so. Of course, we'll need to plan out our attack, but I think--""Kerid," Ehjoras's voice suddenly called over the comm, his tone urgent. "I've got some concerning news--you need to head back ASAP.""What's going on?" the Tournament Organizer asked, placing a hand on her comm. "I'm in a safe location; go ahead and say it.""Well, I... There are a lot of Ring members skulking around here," the Matoran said. "And we just got about fifty more teams--new teams--registered for the match--and a lot of their members are bad, bad news.""Try to postpone the match if you can," Kerid ordered. "I'm on my way." She looked at the others. "Anyone else find that suspicious?"Zanth and Sanshou both nodded. "We'll come with you," Zanth said. "Whatever Lyxek is planning, it's not good. We'll continue this discussion on the way there." He shut off the table, quickly exiting the room and leading the others back to the garage. The door opened as they loaded into their vehicles and began to file out, heading to the Day Run.IC - Squares - West District: Both of the areas that Wasponax were surveying were large, and very active; however, one of them--closer to Central--bore a noticeably larger number of guards and mechs than the other. Unless Lyxek wanted his distractions killed early, then the other location would be more appropriate.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

-==IC: KairanZaydan//Team Zero Bunker==-"I have a very bad feeling..." Kairan said with a frown, as he followed Sanshou quickly; acknowledging that his own plan was bad, but Zanth's plan... That could actually work."Let's just hope I'm proven wrong." Kairan said, as Zaydan simply followed the group, since her mech was in the garage as well.

IC: Srizz | West District labThe assassin glanced about, looking bored. They'd rounded up (slaughtered) all the guards and scientists and had the goods in hand, now all that was left was delivery. This was the tedious part of the job. Granted, sometimes it got interesting when someone tried to interfere with this stage of the shipping, but normally the only resistance was what they had just wiped out. Then his wandering gaze happened to fall upon a clock. "Oh... Karz." He turned to Dalmia hurriedly. "Uh, you got things from here, yeh? Only I got a contest in about five minutes and... Yeah, I need to be there."-=H-D=-

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC - Dalmia - D13: "Trust me," Dalmia said, lifting the wing that covered his right shoulder. "As do I."As the door to the garage opened and the Ring transport entered, Dalmia willed a portal to open, leading to the Day Run. He gestured for Srizz and Ikssrss--who also should have received a Team Crest--to enter, before following after them and leaving the Ring members to pick up the mechs.IC - Sanshou/Kerid/Zanth/Vertak - Vehicles: "Bad feeling about the Ring activity?" Sanshou asked as the vehicle sped across the snowy plains of the Barrens. She crossed her arms. "You aren't the only one.""Vertak, Zaydan, Kerid," Zanth said from the cockpit of the Seeker as he opened a comm channel. "You read me?""Loud and clear," Vertak said, which was echoed by Kerid."Any vehicles being authorized for the match?" the Team Zero leader asked the Tournament Organizer."Yes, they will be," Kerid said. "Though it's hit and miss--not everyone's vehicle is readily available.""All right, then," Zanth said. "Vertak and Zaydan, as soon as we get inside of the Arena, split up and scout--I want to know what the Ring is planning. Try and see if you can figure out from their actions what they're up to. If you can, take as many out as possible."IC - Djoser/Elittra - With Toxin/Elsewhere: Djoser was about to respond when a Crest appeared for him, as well. He took it and put on his armor, and then an announcement rang out through the Crests."We'd better go," the Matoran said. "The file mentioned that we would be needed at the Day Run. Come on." Using the teleporter from before, he and Toxin disappeared, reappearing by the Arena and quickly heading toward the waiting room.Likewise, Elittra had made her way toward the Day Run and now waited for the rest of her team to arrive.IC - Kovian - Arena: After looking around the area for a while, Kovian returned to the Arena. In the time that he had been gone, the place had filled up quite a bit--the waiting room that he entered had barely enough space to navigate. He noticed a few familiar faces as he walked--Draxion and Swerv among them, though he deliberately avoided contact for the moment--and eventually found Sepcret and Illuxio, the latter of whom was busy speaking with--and this made Kovian somewhat uneasy--Elithes.The Matoran's expression noticeably dimmed as he saw the Toa. "Kovian," he said, nodding. "It's been a vhile.""Elithes," Kovian said, fist-bumping the bounty hunter. "Good to see you." He looked around, ignoring a being who shoved past him. "So... A few more minutes, eh? Just like old times."At that moment, an announcement rang out through every Team Crest on the island...OOC: FINAL CALL FOR DAY RUN PARTICIPANTS TO GET TO DA DAY RUN! Match is starting next post!Scratch that, need to announce something else and clear something up: Because of iBrow's absense, I've been given control of all of his characters, so if you're waiting for a response from him, let me know so that we can sort that out first.

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: West District Squares Coming to that conclusion, Wasponax regathered his components at the spot that had separated at. Now whole again and concealed in the new mech, the Dark Hunter rolled off to Yultin's garage.Back inside, the insectoid vehicle transformed back into its normal form, and jogged up to Vailian. "Finished," he said. "Didn't take long at all. I'd go with the city square furthest from Central, where there's less police officers and machines crawling around." Then, pulling out the Team Crest, Wasponax continued. "So, what is this? And is it supposed to do this?" He pointed out the annoucement that had suddenly appeared.IC: Day Run Hexxon waited by the coliseum with Anar for his partner to arrive. Multiple times the Odinan had attempted to contact the Skakdi, but she never answered. Thoughts ran through his mind -- was she okay, or was she just busy? Had she got caught in the KNPD's or Ring's affairs? He signed. Sometimes having a friend -- especially a Skakdi -- like Kaytana was stressful. It was hard to tell when she'd return, but he did know that she would return. Missing a match was something she would never let happen. It was only a matter of time.Hexxon's concerns came to an end when the Skakdi's came into view. Letting out another sigh (this time of relief), he watched as Kaytana sped toward the arena at an inappropiate speed. The speeder came to an abrupt stop right before him, and Kaytana jumped off, a sick green on her face."Did I scare you there?" she asked. "Because you were looking a little down when I saw your face. Thought I might fix the problem."Eyes narrowed, the Team Comet leader peered down at her. "You know, if something important wasn't about to happen -- and if I still had the proper authority to do so -- I'd be scold and then reprehend you," he began, turn to and then opening the door for her. "Now, come. I have much to tell you after the match."The two proceeded to enter the coliseum, making their way to the crowded waiting room.IC: Day RunSeeing many others enter the coliseum, Greel headed in that direction, motioning for his comrades to follow. He pushed open the door, coming in right after a pair of other Day Run contestants, and followed them.

OOC: All right, since I needed to respond to something, make it next post that the match starts. X3 Sorry, guys.A quick thing that I keep on forgetting to mention, though: To the people on Ellitra's team and to everyone with Djoser, since iBrow is out of town, I'm in temporary control of all of his characters. So if he/I haven't responded top any of your posts and as a result, you've been stuck, I apologize; send me a message and we'll work something out. Though I did make an edit to my last post to move both of them into the Arena; I would suggest reading that really quickly if you need to.Anyway, for real this time, last call.IC - Vailian - West District: Vailian nodded, setting the marker there for Lyxek. He looked now at the Team Crest in Wasponax's 'hand.' "That's a Team Crest for the Day Run," the Hivena explained. "It grants access to their matches and whatnot, though you need to be a part of a team... although, judging from its shape, it looks like you already have one." He turned off the Coder and readied another teleporter. "Lyxek mentioned in the file that we'd be partaking in the Capture the Flag match; that's probably why it got sent to you. Assuming you're up to it, anyway." He set the teleporter down, and it almost immediately flashed, bringing them to the Day Run."If you wanna join, follow me," he said, beginning to walk toward the Waiting Room. "Otherwise, hang around; things are going to get interesting soon."IC - Zanth/Kerid/etc. - Day Run: The group quickly arrived at the Day Run, just as the participants of the match began pouring into the waiting room. Kerid climbed out of her vehicle, as did Zanth and the others."I'll postpone it for another couple of minutes so that you guys can get in," she said quickly, immediately jumping to her personal control unit. "In the meantime, head into the waiting rooms--or stands, Sanshou. I'll head up to Ehjoras and figure out what's going on." She left quickly, heading toward the elevator to the control booth of the Arena.Zanth nodded at her. "You heard the lady," he called. "Let's move."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

-==IC: ZaydanKairan//Day Run Arena==-Zaydan and Kairan both nodded, even as Kairan closed his eyes, and snapped his fingers. One thing he had been planning, was a new vehicle, as his old motorcycle had been destroyed in the other fight. Zaydan ran forward toward the waiting room, even as Kairan's new vehicle arrived in the waiting place for the vehicles before the match. Kairan nodded, as he followed, Zaydan's mech already being there.OOC: Setup comple- Oh, right.-==IC: Selirah==-Selirah raised an eyebrow, as the announcement was sent over the crests."Alright, this is it. Let's go!" Selirah said, as she grabbed Nikaron by the hand, and quickly dragged him toward the Day Run Arena, unless he had a better idea of getting there.

IC: Day RunWasponax made the mech he was in shrug. "Why not?" he answered, following after the Hivena. "It'll keep me busy -- and help me gain more control over this machine."As they headed for the Waiting Room, the Dark Hunter tried fitting the Team Crest on the mech's torso. He wanted to make sure any officials in the Day Run saw it and allow him access inside the arena.

IC: the ArenaSol, Marx and Slate all arrived at nearly the same time.They all went to the waiting room.Both Sol and Slate were oddly quiet but that was fine by Marx.Toxin was already in the waiting room. He sat down and thought, I guess I'll go shopping later.OOC: All my characters are at the arena now.

IC: Artorre: Garages:Artorre smiled at his luck. "That was a quick search. I just wanted to congratulate you on making a team and wish you good luck." At that moment, an announcement came over the crests and they started off towards the Arena.IC: Aranai: Day Run:Aranai parked her at the garages. Apparently, she was supposed to be receiving something soon. She smiled as a team crest appeared in front of her. She fit it on her armor and ran up to a nearby group of people."Hey, you got an empty spot on your team?"OOC: All my DR characters are headed for the Arena now. That's Nikaron she's asking, by the way. Hope it's alright to add her to the team this late.

Edited by Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons

IC - Ehjoras/Contestants - Arena: "Ladies and gentleman, welcome back to the Day Run after our ridiculously long hiatus!" The smooth, professional voice of Ehjoras floated out over the crowds like an ocean wave, immediately turning the conversations in the stands away from whatever topics they were on and back toward the Arena--and by extension, the Capture the Flag game. The cheers at the Matoran's familiar voice were deafening. "Today's match is what one might consider a special match, one that has not yet been seen on the island of Kai-Nam but is making a very welcome comeback from its days on Gynel! Say it with me now: Capture! The! Flag!"The waiting rooms were suddenly engulfed in blue and red lights that mixed into a bright purple as the dozens and dozens of Team Crests changed colors, sorting the tournament teams into temporary alliances. Then the teleportations began, rapidly emptying the waiting areas and the garages as contestants, vehicles, and Ring members and Dark Hunters were brought into the Arena, scattered across the area, separated from the majority of their teams and from the opposing one. Those whose Crests had turned blue found themselves in small groups in the southern, mountainous section of the Arena; those with red Crests were likewise separated, though had appeared on the Volcanic side.Above the battlefield--which was silenced from the reactions of the crowds thanks to the forcefields surrounding it--a holographic map of the field appeared, visible to every contestant above ground."The rules of this match are simple, but I'll explain them, anyway," Ehjoras called over the jeers and cheers of the audience. "Somewhere on the battlefield is a flag. The first person to retrieve the flag and bring it back to their team's base--" Two large, glowing dots appeared on the map, one in the southern area and one in the north. These were the large facilities that acted as the headquarters for either team--which numerous vehicles and equipment were stored. "--will win for their entire team 600 Credits as well as a special prize for theirself!" Cheers. Earth-shaking cheers."Let's not hold this up any longer!" Ehjoras said. "Ready! Set! GO!"A bang sounded. The match had officially begun.IC - Contestants - Arena: Kovian found himself thrust into the Arena, feeling a sense of familarity at the rapid disappearance and reappearance. Like the rest of Blue Team, he had appeared in the mountainous southern section of the Arena, and had ended up in the same initial group as Vailian--Lyxek's guard--and Razor.Great, he thought. Two Ring sympathizers... Outwardly, he nodded at the pair to acknowledge them, though did not outright greet them. As none of them had vehicles, he simply drew his scythe and hurried down the nearest path, keeping an eye on the two of them as they moved.Team Zero had lucked out, appearing in the same group together, along with Swerv. Likewise, a message on their Crests alerted them to the fact that most of their vehicles were present at Red Team's HQ, which was slightly north of their location."Remember my instructions," Zanth said, as he headed toward the facility.Elsewhere in the mountains, Illuxio and Sepcret appeared with Hexxon and Kaytana. The robotic being (whose body bore a very slight resemblence to Lyxek) greeted the Team Comet members immediately, before realizing that he didn't have any weapons to use. Until they could make a stop by the Blue Team HQ, he would have to rely on his physical abilities.Sepcret merely nodded at the Skakdi and KNPD officer.Team Vigil had obviously been split up, Swerv with Team Zero and the others in their own group (possibly with another person; Elithes was too busy looking around to notice.) His own vehicle was present in the Arena, though he did not intend to use it yet."You vready?" he asked Draxion and Eryn, pulling out his pistol to show that he was.On top of a volcano, Dalmia had found his own perch, standing completely still upon the mountain's peak and staring down into the field. Technically speaking, he hadn't appeared there--he had been teleported near a lava pit with some other Blue Team members--though he had teleported himself away from there a second later.Frankly, he liked it better here.IC - Sanshou - Audience: Over the deafening roars of the crowd around here, through the veil that they forced on her vision, Sanshou watched from the stands as the match began. It was easy to keep track of individual contestants, thanks to the holographic markers that displayed each person's team symbol along with their name (though these were only visible to those outside of the field.) The only issue was that there were so many active contestants at the moment.She had to carefully pick out the names of known Ring members--Vailian, Dalmia, Eremia... The entire time, she couldn't shake off the uneasy feeling in her chest.What are they planning... she wondered. What are they planning...?OOC:To reiterate the match's information:Type: Capture the Flag.

Description: Large teams made up of the individual tournament teams compete against each other to retrieve the hidden flag and return it to their base. The team that retrieves the flag first or knocks out all of the players on the opposing team wins.Status: Sign up in progress.Prize: 600 Credits + special reward for player who retrieves flag.Teams: 16Terrain: Split. Rings divided into 5 sections:--North: Volcanic.--East: Jungle.--West: Ocean/Island.--South: Mountainous.--Center: Wasteland/Joined.Starts: 5/22.Blue Team:-Shurikan (Kovian, Sepcret, Illuxio)-Comet (Kaytana, Hexxon)-Bounty (Khadbaen, Chyff, Srizz)-Chance (Vailian)-King-Sleight-Shift-Roll-Hearts(Djoser, Toxin, Wasponax, Eremia, Ikssrss, Chorc/Cheiz, Lekua, Dalmia)Red Team:-Vigil (Elithes, Draxion, Swerv, Eryn)-Zero (Zanth, Vertak, Zaydan)-Wing (Alan, Kaelan, Kairan, Nexus)-Liberty (Artorre, Elittra)-Titan (Elittra, Artorre)-Slight (Calik, Traxin, Greel)-Cosmic (Marx, Sol, Slate)-Darkhorse (Nikaron, Selirah, Aranai)

If you have anything to wrap up before the match--say, joining a different team--then do so through IC (Past)s.Also, I will start putting together a list of who is with who tomorrow. Good luck, everyone!

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

-==IC: Kairan//Arena==-"Alright..." Kairan said, as he jumped into the air to show off."Great Mechacycle; activate!" Kairan said, as his motorcycle transformed from the typical hoverbike form, into a small mecha capable of flight, also wielding a rather large sword. Once it finished transforming, Kairan landed in it, using his Miru to help show off a bit. Kairan looked around the arena that he could see; searching for the person he wanted to find, and then his eyes widened, as he frowned, and saw just the person."Dalmia..." Kairan said, as he barely noticed the Ring member standing on top of one of the peaks in the Arena, and then had his mech hover into the air, and fly off toward Dalmia quickly, hoping that if he took one of the most powerful Ring members out of the fight early on, that he could possibly prevent whatever plan they had.OOC: Assuming I can do that. >>' Any of that. =P-==IC: Selirah==-Selirah appeared in the arena, after the group had just barely gotten there. Of course, they had all been split up, but Selirah looked around, intent on finding the key to their victory; the flag... And maybe defeating a few Ring members as well.OOC: Oh, that reminds me, Parugi, Illuxio should start to fight Selirah. Should be interesting. =P-==IC: Zaydan==-Zaydan appeared with the other Team Zero members, and frowned, as she looked around, intending to figure out the best place to start. She remembered the plan, but she wasn't entirely certain how to put it into action, at least at that precise moment.

IC: Srizz | Arena | Southern MountainsSrizz decided he liked Ehjoras. He managed to sound professional and casual at the same time, something the assassin had never really managed - he always overdid the casual part. As he considered this the field materialized around him and grinned widely. He'd ended up on the slopes of a mountain, out of sight of most due to the abundance of rocks and the sheer height, but afforded a fabulous view of the field. The map and the announcer told him all he needed to start gathering more information. He touched his team crest - currently overlaying his heartlight - to activate the communicator. "Not sure how many of you can hear this," he hissed, "but I'm doing a flyby sweep of the Red Team's headquarters. Strictly recon." Then he activated his new favorite toy: His Kanohi Mahiki, the Great Mask of Illusion. Aside from forming illusions wherever he pleased, the mask also allowed him to actively shapeshift. One of the simplest things to do with this was to change his coloration for camoflage purposes, in this case to white and blue. They really weren't his favorite colors, but a small, well-camoflaged, fast-moving target two hundred feet in the air would be almost impossible to spot, even with enhanced vision. And on the miniscule chance they did spot him, landing a hit would be another thing entirely.Guarded by deception, the assassin spread wide his wings and took off into the air, eyes on the volcanic northern part of the arena.-=H-D=-

Edited by Half-Dragon

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

OOC: Blade: Well, while I highly doubt that Kairan would be able to see through mountains and all the way across the extremely large arena to the very tip of a specific one, it's not something I feel the need to force a change on.And we'll see.IC - Dalmia - Arena; Southern Section: From the far side of the Arena Dalmia could see a small speck appear, rising up from the volcanoes that plagued the northern half of the field. He didn't move as he took readings on it, his HUD locking on to the mech and monitoring its approach.IC - Kovian/Vailian/Djoser - Arena; Southern Section: Vailian and Djoser followed quickly after Kovian. At the moment, they had no reason to split up, considering the entire other team was on the other side of the Arena. That would give them time to search for the flag before either team made any sort of major contact with the other--which, considering the sheer size of the field, could take a while.Quietly, Vailian removed the cards from his Coder and began to shuffle them in the blue light from his Crest. There was no point in activating them yet--that would merely waste the time that he would have to use them. Instead, he simply waited, replacing the cards into the gauntlet-like device and continuing on.IC - Recorders - Arena: Having waited for several minutes, the large swarm of Recorders finally activated. Several panels opened around the field, allowing the robotic cameras to pour forth from them, hovering in the air and dispersing around the field, looking for participants to observe--and, by extension, reveal their location to the other team.

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

OOC: Well, I had been thinking he was on the tip of a mountain that was larger than the others. I may have misinterpreted it. If you want me to change it up slightly so that he was already in the air when he looked, I can. =)-==IC: Kairan==-Kairan sped toward the speck in the distance. Preliminary guesses had shown it was Dalmia; Kairan simply had to hope that was correct, as the jet-like boosters allowed him to cover ground faster than on foot; however, given the size of the Arena, that still wasn't very far. Kairan did grab the gun that was on the mech, however, just so he had ranged capabilities as well. He piloted the mech ever closer to the mountain in question, making sure to scan the surroundings as best as he could all the while that he traveled.

OOC: Don't worry about Elittra, Parugi. iBrow asked me to control her during the CtF Event, then have her follow me around afterwards.Also, are our personal vehicles with us or at our bases? If they're with us, assume I'm headed for the base in my motorcycle. Speaking of the base, what kind of equipment can we find there?IC: Artorre/Aranai: Arena:Artorre appeared in the arena next to the strange toa that had approached Nikaron and been added to the team at the last second. He frowned, feeling uneasy about her. She stared at him for a moment before sticking out her hand. He shook it."I'm Artorre," He said. "Aranai," she replied. She stared at him for another moment, then put a hand on her visor and turned it until a smiling face was displayed on it. "Put a smile on that face!" She said exuberantly.Artorre debated for a moment which he wanted more: To get away from the creep, or to not turn his back to her. He decided on the former and set off for the Red Base.

IC: Arena - Southern Mountains Hexxon and Kaytana took in a deep breath, preparing for themselves for whatever would happen. Being back in the Arena brought back memories from their first match here. Hopefully another Ring Construct wouldn't pop up.The Team Comet leader greeted Illuxio and Sepcret, and then reached out for the Skakdi's hand. Using his Shadow power, Hexxon teleported them further into the mountainous region, where he intended to acquire whatever they needed from the Blue Team HQ. Both wanted to get started right away, but it would be better to gear up if they wanted to gain some advantages.IC: Arena - Volcanic RegionGreel, too, was headed off to his team's base looking to find his own vehicle, only he was using a dimensional gateway to arrive there. Thanks to the map projection presented to the contestants, he knew exactly where to go.Excitement rose within the Team Slight member. The Day Run match looked and felt much more fun than any of those on Stelt. In his head Greel formulated plans on how to infiltrate the opposing team's territory, capture the flag, and otherwise conquer the game, whether he did it himself or helped. IC: Arena - Southern MountainsStepping around the southern area of the arena, Wasponax maneuvered his way through the rugged terrain. Unlike some of the contestants, the Dark Hunter did not care about actually winning the prizes, but just to fight. If he wanted to master this mech, he would need to practice more... and what better way to do it in a match against real enemies?I will beat them all down into the ground with my new power! the collective of insects thought. There should be a proper name for this vehicle before I win, however. After a few moments of some quick thinking, Wasponax came up with the new mech's name. I shall call it the Hive!

IC: ArenaMarx appeared on the peak of a volcanic mountain and he was a alone. Using the shadows and his knowledge of the vehicles he built, he found his teams vehicles were in the red team's base. His adapted space craft, Sol's high tech car and Slate's motorcycle where all there."Sol and Slate your vehicles are in the red team base. I made sure they were here for the match. So use them if you would like." He said into the team crest.Using a shadow jump he ended up in the sky above what looked like an ocean but was far to small to be a real one.More like a lake, he thought.Looking around he saw some small islands and flew to them in hopes that the flag would be there.Sol appeared not too far from the red team base and thanks to his brothers message he found out his car was in the base. But this mountainous terrain was not good for driving a car so he left it in the base as he rocketed into the air.By bending light he was able to see very far. He found there were multiple terrains and he decided instantly to go the jungle part.Using his control of light he moved at a much faster speed to the jungle. A sonic boom was triggered in his wake.Slate found he was also not far from the base. He ran to it after only a few short moments of looking around.He got on his bike and headed off. He did not know where to go so he went south hoping to get in a fight with a blue team member and hopefully take them out of the match.Toxin appeared in a valley in the mountains by a small pond. Having not got to go shopping yet, he had no vehicle, so he did not worry about going to the base to get one. Instead he just started walking around and looking for the flag."So who else is on Team Hearts?" He asked into his now blue, heart shaped team crest.IC: Inside Toxin's mindHe woke up still sad and depressed. Looking around he noticed that where the broken sphere once lay was now a large strange plant with a single flower. And it seemed to be watching him.He noticed how tendrils had spread out from the plant and where attached to the black armored Toa as well as a few other beings that looked the same as Toxin but their armor was each a different color. In total he counted three others. The black armored one and also a white armored one and a grey armored one. The insect-like one was still gone.They all looked weak as if the plant was absorbing them, drawing in their power....He blinked once but more time than he thought passed during that blink. Now the plant had completely absorbed all the other three beings, black, white and grey.For a moment Toxin was scared but the plant lulled him back to sleep...OCC: Should I start color coding my characters so people can better tell them apart? And should I use these colors or different ones. I want to be sure the colors are legible.

Edited by paragon

Eryn/Arena, With Elithes and Co.IC:

"As ready as I'll ever be, Elithes. Should I scan the playing field with various frequencies and wavelengths to see if the flag can be found? Doubt it, knowing Master Ehjoras, but it could be worth checking."

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

OOC: Finally get to use all my characters in a single post!IC: Chyff was rolling towards Blue Base in his Snowball. "I can hear you Srizz. Keep with the scouting, we need to know where the flag is. The rest of blue team, I suggest we group together at base, get a strategy in order. First things first, does anyone have a Kakama?"Ikssrss figured this was as good an idea as any, so started bounding towards blue base. Mister Chorc disagreed. The kraata believed the best defence was a good offence so had Mister Cheiz start lumbering towards the volcanic area. If they could take out the red team they wouldn't need to rush to capture the flag. Eremia just started wandering. She was hoping to run into someone, get them to do the work for her

7AOYGDJ.jpg