Forum Topic Title Settings

Black Six

As I'm sure most of you are aware, BZPower has long had a setting enabled that removes excess capital letters in topic titles. For instance, 'BZPower Rules & Guidelines' would become 'Bzpower Rules & Guidelines.'Recently, members have taken to using nonstandard characters in their titles to get around this. While technically this is not against the rules, it can be inconvenient at times, especially when trying to search for a certain topic title.To that end, we have decided to remove the setting that changes the capitals to lowercase.Please note, that if this gets abused we will enable it again. While it's fine to post acronyms in capitals as they should be, people should not be posting topic titles in all caps.Thanks for your understanding.-The Administration

Sounds good to me - it always drove me a little nuts seeing titles get converted to the first-letter-always-capitalized format.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I'm pleased with this change, as on my computers only a fraction of those nonstandard characters would display properly, so I was seeing a lot of boxes appearing in titles anyway. :P Won't have to deal with that anymore.Oh, and does this change also remove the auto-capitalization of each word, or is that still there?~B~

Yeah. Being the grammar and punctuation freak that I am. :lol:But, yeah, searching for a particular topic did get toilsome that way.

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

Does this go into effect immediately, or does it take time?
It goes into effect immediately.I'm happy about this change, it could become somewhat annoying. Here's hoping it won't be abused by people! :)-Gata signoff.png Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

It was never a really huge issue for me, but it was very annoying. I sort of got used to it, so it isn't an issue for me anymore. It's actually a shame that the policy was changed, as it only happened because people were abusing the system.

Starting a new comic series soon.

Finally. This is totally awesome, and I hope people don't abuse it and get the setting put back how it was before. I'm so glad that setting is finally changed.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.