Did Matoran have technology?

Well I know they had technology but stuff like Earth tech. Did they have TVs, phones, mobiles, PCs, game consoles, etc. I know they had cars of sorts but they didn't use them much from what I saw.So do they have some of the luxuries we have on Earth?Did they have their on luxuries?Or were they an all work no play kind of deal?Thanks for reading.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

From what I saw, they have nothing of Earth, and yet things both less and more advanced. It would seem they thought of different things, and with their collective purpose as a race, that is to be expected.Very little with the construction and society of the Bionicle Universe is like our own. They had display screens, but not TV as we know it. They had communication devices (Though rarely used. I believe Axonn used one to stay in touch with the Mahri...not sure if that's canon or not), I think.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

From what I saw, they have nothing of Earth, and yet things both less and more advanced. It would seem they thought of different things, and with their collective purpose as a race, that is to be expected.Very little with the construction and society of the Bionicle Universe is like our own. They had display screens, but not TV as we know it. They had communication devices (Though rarely used. I believe Axonn used one to stay in touch with the Mahri...not sure if that's canon or not), I think.
One thing I do remember was in LoMN there was the massive TV where Dume was speaking on(Atleast i think there was)

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Yes, TV display screens. But no cable, channels, TV shows, or any of that. In Web of Shadows Sidorak had one for surveillance. I mentioned this in my first post, you're absolutely right.
Oh sorry. I misunderstood you. :/

The matoran tend to have far less entertainment based tech, they're just to productive in personality.

The Metruan Matoran had Airships.
But as earth tech goes, I think airships caught on significantly more in the MU. You don't often see airships whenever you look up in real life. In Metru-Nui, I imagine it's a common sight.
  • Upvote 1

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

What's a good alternate universe without airships?Not that Bionicle is an alternate universe. But still, airships are cool. And the bionicle ones aren't quite airships as we know them- they're powered by disks. I highly doubt they have entertainment devices like game consoles or mobile phones, (although the latter might be useful), or even cars. Airships and chutes take it's place. It is a good question though.Unfortuantly, since Metru-Nui is the only MU city we ever see a lot of in the story, it's hard to know what's normal about it and what's unusual. It is mata-nui's brain, so maybe smaller cities have personal cars or cell phones.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

Well Metru Nui so far is an advance city.Sadly, no Xbox.The tv stuff is for monitoring and announcements, like the news we have. Greg has said the MU beings had no vehicles with wheels, only hovering and stuff.As far as we know, The Matoran Universe is both advancd and unadvanced compared to earth. They can live for thousands, we typically live for at most as 100. They have robot Vahki, we have only dogs to help, lol.Metru Nui is like New York, only more advanced in technology, not some much in entertainment.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Well, if New York was a lot smaller in population and more organized. I believe that a lack of wheels was the original plan, but then we got the Destral Cycle.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

Greg has said the MU beings had no vehicles with wheels, only hovering and stuff.
Metru Nui. Other locations in the MU did. :)
  • Upvote 1

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Well, in this picture, there are what look like display screens, so they presumably had some sort of computer-like technology.
The computers are (this is speculation by the way) only for controlling one system rather then the all-in-one desktops and laptops we have here, I doubt they have an internet connection (or whatever the matoran equivalent would be). For example, I think similar such computers were used in Chute control stations, but they only seem to control the Chute that runs through the station rather then all Chutes. Speaking of Chutes, while they might presumably be less sanitary then even our typical city buses, they are most definitely more advanced, and one could argue about which is faster (though I would root for the Chute here). At the same time, Chutes seem more fun, assuming you could hold your breath for that long, or bring a tank of oxygen with you. Edited by Proud Stigma
  • Upvote 1

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

Well, they certainly had some very advanced civil technology that helped them get around and aided the city's function, which I imagine included some sort of computer-like technology, but not some of the recreational stuff like that we would use.

• Upvote 1

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

Well I know they had technology but stuff like Earth tech. Did they have TVs, phones, mobiles, PCs, game consoles, etc. I know they had cars of sorts but they didn't use them much from what I saw.So do they have some of the luxuries we have on Earth?Did they have their on luxuries?Or were they an all work no play kind of deal?Thanks for reading.
They do have those Vahki transports (kind of like cars) in Bionicle 2: Legends of Metru Nui

Matoran weren't exactly designed to go outside the robot or to have fun - they were supposed to keep the Mata Nui robot running. Now that they are out of the robot, who knows what they'll do? They do have engineers/innovators like Nuparu and Velika. Maybe if things settle down and they shake off their Spherus Maganan enemies they might consider building equipment that's for more than just work.

• Upvote 1

I like how they have all those fancy screens and stuff, but still uses stone tablets but not paper or devices as non-verbal communication...

• Upvote 1
99.9% of BIONICLE fans forgot about Podu. If you happen to be the 0.1% that still remember him, copy and paste this into your sig.

Matoran weren't exactly designed to go outside the robot or to have fun - they were supposed to keep the Mata Nui robot running.
I agree. Basically, Matoran society is different from ours.In theory, our modern society is structured around the individual. Each individual is supposed to be able to do what he or she wants, restrained only by the law, which, again in theory, has the sole purpose to prevent someone from gaining something at the expense of others.Entertainment, therefore, is very important, since it benefits the individual. Consequently, technology devoted to entertainment has been developed and is still evolving.Matoran society, at least as we saw it in Metru Nui (which was basically the way it was supposed to be), is very different. They have a Duty and a Destiny, so to speak, which is to work in order to allow the Mata Nui robot to function. At the very beginning of the MU, the concept of individual probably didn't even exist. Then it progressively evolved (it still isn't clear if, and by what amount, the Great Beings had predicted it would do so), but, at least as far as Matoran society was concerned, it was still subordinate to their Duty toward the Great Spirit. Thus entertainment was only allowed outside work hours and the technology it employed (for example Kanoka or Chutes) was theoretically meant for other things. There was nothing devoted purely to entertainment.Matoran who didn't follow these Principles were considered a dangerous anomaly, were mistrusted and dealt with by Vahki. Some, like thieves or smugglers, would also be judged criminals by our society. But we know that Takua often had trouble with the Vahki, even though his only crime was travelling (and therefore entertaining himself) during work hours, without harming anyone.Consider the list of sports BS01 names as Metru Nui-native (Akilini, Disk Surfing, Kanoka Toss). The latter two were illegal or quasi-illegal. Akilini does seem the exception to the rule, since it's legal and doesn't seem to have any function other than entertainment. However, remember that the winning disks of the matches were then made into masks at Ta-Metru. My guess is that Akilini was originally just the testing of Kanoka disks, and later evolved into a real sport (though legend says that actually it was invented by one Matoran, Kodan, BS01 confirms that he just claimed to be its inventor and wasn't actually confirmed to be).A similar reasoning can be made for communication technology (phones, mobile phones...). While formal communication did exist (the telescreens used by Turaga Dume), personal communication was again useless in Matoran society. And I'd like to point out that Matoran relationships were usually confined to their district. Matoran from other districts were stereotyped and sometimes discriminated even in Metru Nui, again the sign that there was no place for city-wide personal communication in Matoran society.
  • Upvote 1

632461607_Bannerdefinitivopiccolo.png.8e4bc632ba965c6eaef9247ce71df1d7.png
My collection of epics: The Sanctum of Writing

Yes they had technology. I know there were "TV screens" in LoMN. I doubt there were phones, PCs, or game consoles though.

The tech they had on Metru Nui and Mata Nui were very different. MNOLG shows us an inside to their homes on Mata Nui, they didn't even really have electricity, though some of the Onu-Matorans did have machines for digging, and a working elevator shaft. Also one Onu-Matoran who is working in the light-stone mine I think it is seems to be holding what looks like an electronic pad for taking notes on or something, they also have sign-posts like ours, where they show Matoran at work. it seems the Onu-Matoran are the most advanced on Mata Nui, which makes sense.

• 3 weeks later...

Other than Dume's giant TV for Matorn to see him, Airships (which are like blimps) and Axonn's radio comunications he had to stay in touch with the Mahri, and the vehicals the Nuva found in the Mistika season, matoran had no real tech in thier universe.

LONG

LIVE

BIONICLE

:huna: :matatu: :mahiki: :rau: :komau: :ruru: