IC:

Annie's mouth met Alaric's cheek carefully, with a distinct affection that was already cropping to the surface despite her dark look and her cynical outlook on life; her hands slipped back to their positions along his spine as they each settled into each other's embraces. Ric released her biceps, settled into a position beside her, then leaned in and kissed her forehead with all the warmth and care of a big brother applying a bandage to a cut.

Which, in a way, he was.

IC:

Dallas bent over and bit down on the cotton of Ashley's sleeve, near her t-shirt.

IC:

"I wonder if we saw a dolphin and didn't register it on anything more than a subconscious level," Brooklyn whispered in awe as she examined her new surroundings.

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:"... I understood that for once." Rebekah observed, as she squinted and stared down the coast in an attempt to figure out where their spot had gone. "I suppose it's a possibility. I wasn't paying too much attention, so who knows. One might have gone right on by."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

Jack was now being interrogated by the warden of the prison. After making a reckless move, he needed to make up for what he did and free the mutants in Maximum Security. Who knows how long Alek would take to keep the system down. "So tell me, how did you get in here?''

"So bite me. I'll never tell your scrawny ### anything." Jack slowly cut his bonds with small sparks of electricity. Making them unseen to them. "Besides why do you care about me, and not your prisoners."

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

Ic: Annie's leather jacket, which she still wore as a personal preference to cover the bump her wings made on her back, creaked softly as she moved in the bed. This feeling of mutual intimacy, of love, was something she missed more than anything. She couldn't remember the days when she had a nanny sing her to sleep or a parent kiss her on her forehead; nobody had ever kissed her on the forehead since she was three. She had lived a life of anger and grimness and of violence and rebellion even as she was a student, but even the sense of euphoria and satisfaction she felt when she drained the life from someone gave her no pleasure as the kind she felt now, finally with someone she could compare to and earnestly love.

She shuffled her legs and intertwined them with Alaric's, snuggling close, and held his hands in hers. She just stared at his face and smiled. She wouldn't be happier than she was then until the moment she ripped her father into bloody sticks.

IC: Ashley

"Hey what are you-" Ashley started to giggle as Dallas bit down on her sleeve. "Does it taste like apples? Cause I spilled apple juice all over this shirt once." Ashley's face scrunched up and she started to laugh as Dallas tugged at her sleeve a bit, "Stopppp it that tickles."

Edited by A billion cats

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

Hey. Annie."

Their foreheads were touching softly as they cuddled into each other; Annie looked up softly and from here Alaric could practically trace the path of the platinum streak in her hair with his eyelashes. Her eyes were a brilliant opal, no longer guarded around him, but open and caring, ready to feel loved.

"Yeah, Ric?"

"If it makes much of a difference," he said, "I'm really proud of you."

"Proud? For what?" Annie asked.

"Well, I mean, you got the proverbial shaft throughout your entire life, right? Petty crime, gang activity, murder, foster care, watching your brother disappear with your fortune...it'd be enough to turn anyone stark raving in weeks. You dealt with it for seventeen years. And now you're at the end of it, and you're beautiful, and you can still care, and you still have your head on even straighter than I do at times. That's special. You're special."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Ic: "And what makes you think I'm not stark raving mad?" Annie asked.

"Because I'm stark raving mad, and it takes one to know one," Alaric replied.

She looked back at him carefully and could tell his eyes were searching in her own, seeking truth and lose and drawing them out of her through the windows to the soul. Alaric and her seemed idyllic, perfect and as one after too long of being estranged. But despite their seeming perfection so far Annie's inner emotions were still her own. Experimenting with love at last was great for her, experiencing something real and purposeful instead of an acquaintance with someone she would invariably have to abandon or slaughter later on, was the first raw emotion she displayed now that she was here with Alaric. But beyond that and the cursory History 101 classes they took over the last half hour there was little more divulged, at least from Annie.

"Well, let me tell you something," she said barely above a whisper with their faces so close, "we're still getting to know each other so you're off the bloody hook this time, but I am stark raving mad. It's only because I've learned to tame my madness and use it like a knife that I'm not like one of those cray-zeees out there in the streets hooked on drugs and booze. I've controlled what I make of myself but I'm still a twisted sister. But thanks for your pride, I guess. I guess I'm proud of myself, too, because I've been able to make it this far, but the scars will never go away."

She paused for a second before adding, "I don't want them to."

IC:

"You know what, that kind of answered my question, actually," Alaric replied, either having figured the hissed rant was coming or having adjusted to it quickly enough that it didn't bother him.

"What question's that?"

"You're not stark raving," he repeated, noticing the look on her face and taking it in stride as he continued on, easygoing with a silent iron force behind his words that made Annie stop and take pause, for the moment at least. "Because if you were a loon you wouldn't have it in you to focus it into a knife; you'd just explode violently everywhere, on the daily. But you don't do that, do you, Annie? You take your time, pent it up, whittle away at it until it's something you can stab and cut and maim with with precision. That's not stark raving mad; that doesn't make you a crazy. That makes you a sociopath."And you know something? That's kinda hot."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Ic: Annie Worthington slapped her brother. Hard. "Ow!" Alaric yelped and he massaged his cheek but his telltale grin quickly returned. "I expected that."

"Of course you did," Annie said, "but not for the right reason."

"Oh?"

"You went light by saying's it's only 'kinda hot,'" Annie said with a mischievous smirk, "And I don't like being marginalized."

Edited by EmperorWhenua

IC:

"Oh, come on," he drawled with an eye roll that was equal parts mischief and mock exasperation. "Alright, fine. You're very hot. Sorry for marginalizing you. Better?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

OOC: Was waiting to give everyone else a chance to have fun beating up some Level 1 guards but we need to keep this moving since Flaredrick has gotten into a spot of bother :P

IC: As the various groups reported in the securing the lifts on their floor, Leech picked one and headed down there with Christopher at his side. The elevators descended through the xylems of the tree, down down down to the very roots.

"According to what we could get from Caliban," Leech explained, "All the Morlocks should be in just the one root. I believe the idea is normally to keep each supervillain separate in their own root, but the Morlocks aren't too high risk. Just high profile."

As they exited the lift, the other members of the group pouring out of other lifts, there was a rumbling above them. It grew louder and louder, setting many of them on the guard until the ceiling gave way in a shower of splinters and miniaturised concrete. Rhino toppled out of the hole that was left, a sudden glow of red lights illuminating him as his unorthodox approach set off every alarm in the place.

"What are you doing?!" Leech angrily shouted.

"Setting yous mugs up as decoys," Rhino grinned, "You really thinks I cared about a bunch of sewer rats? Nah. Theres bigger fish in here who'll pay through their noses to gets out. Not my fault if they escapes because a bunch a clumsy muties let 'em out."

Before any of the gathered mutants could stop him he pounded off again, the super-strength in his legs carrying him far and fast.

Leech sighed, "I probably should have seen that coming. Alec was right, trusting him was stupid. I just hoped that..." he shrugged, "Never mind. Ragger, Kirsty, Sue, you go get Jack. Rest of you with me, we'll go do what we came here to do. If we bump into our thick-skinned friend again, feel free to...cut loose a little on him."

As guards headed towards the intrusion, White Lightning was left in the Warden Quartermain's office, handcuffed to a bolted down chair and a power nullifying collar around his neck.

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:

"So... It's working fast time?" She asked frowning, "Last time I did this, I had just teleported from another dimension to rescue a guy stuck in a super-security prison like this so he could save the other dimension."

Christopher clenched her fist, looking around for a way to open the cells.

"Alright Leech, what do we need to do to open the cells?"

IC:

"Perhaps some discomfort since it will effectively heal him physically. Better than what the doctors could do," Molotov said, considering her question, "You also should have the doctors remove stitches or the like before injecting it into him, seeing as how his skin might heal over them."

As Molotov explained this, a sixteen-year-old boy with partly white hair and a scar upon his cheek walk up besides Molotov, carrying a small file with him.

IC - Tengu: "How confrontational. No wonder the students here are so disgustingly antagonistic." The agent looked slightly confused. "Pardon me. That was not my intention. I'm from a world where we try to keep our briefings thorough. Powerpoints and videos have to do when one can't 'snikt' their message across.""On to part two of three then." The projector hummed back to life. "To put it briefly, Congress has made a bipartisan move to expand mutant policies. It has become obvious to President Ocalan and other politicians that previous administrations have failed citizens with and without the X-gene across this country. The MRA was a less than thorough reaction to the Phoenix's rampage." "The M.A.C.E. Act will be better, with a greater focus on liberty, equality, and community." He gestured to the whiteboard. "We have seen a series of horrible X-gene related tragedies this year, and in recent years. Some, such as the destruction of the Enforcer Tower, the Ryker's Island breakout, and the New York and Vegas attacks, were terrorist actions that have caused huge losses of life.""Others have been accidental. Such as this event from six months ago-" The screen showed a desolate town, and images of piles of empty clothing scattered randomly about. "Taos, New Mexico. An 12-year old child's X-gene activated at about 10 past 8 am. From what we can extrapolate, he generated a field with a 200-meter radius that disintegrated organic matter. Killed most of his paper route, nearly his entire school, most of main street, half the local sheriff's department and his parents before a cop outside the range of his field had to put a bullet through his head."

"Deaths numbered in the triple digits. Probably the worst example of destructive X-gene activation we've seen. But double-digit tragedies are more common than one would hope. Seven separate incidents in this new year alone. And several dozen other similar events. Kids playing tag only to flash-freeze their friends, a wrestling tournament marred by a young person suddenly developing poisonous sweat, a school nurse scarred by another child's acidic sneeze." Tommy Oyama looked at Mr. Bishop, then at Tali, removed a flash drive from the ovaloid projector and placed it beside the other USB. "A database of the three hundred-odd incidents which took place in the last six years." "Phobia of the X-gene, phobia of discussion of the X-gene is a cause of great injustice for the people of this great country. MACE will work specifically to remedy these injustices." He looked around the classroom. "High school children shouldn't have to be exile themselves a thousand miles from home in order to feel like they belong. Congress and the President have a greater vision for America which will remedy this situation for adolescent mutants." "Children and families will know whether they have the X-gene long before it activates and causes unspeakable physical or psychological harm. They need and deserve tools that can non-violently prevent such problems.""That being said, the model of Xavier's Institute is one that can be adapted for post-secondary work. It is an approach we have seen countries like China, Germany, the UK and France take. We are looking to found or expand a number of academies across this country. President Binder's legacy, if you will. There are a number of mutants already serving their country in organizations like SHIELD. We would like to make this a smoother process. Upon graduation from high school, young people with an interest in using their X-gene for this nation, would have the option of voluntarily attending these post-secondary military academies. A place where they can learn discipline, leadership, the value of teamwork, and respect for authority, the community, and the flag."The agent's communication card buzzed, as he flipped it from his pocket, smiling at the notification. "Looks like the M.A.C.E. Act passed nearly unanimously through Congress. And the PS units have arrived."

"As a nation, we began by declaring that 'all men are created equal.' Even though some of those with an active X-gene may look like gods compared to their neighbours, this is a principle upon which the Ocalan administration and MACE will be rebuilding America. A better America dedicated to safeguarding our liberties, protecting our communities, and ensuring equality for all."

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

OOC:Hey, you guys remember that thing where the president is a Staff NPC? And all actions with him have been played out by staff in the past? And the staff had no input on these changes Ocalan is supposedly putting in?Yeah. Funny how that works.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

OOC: Yeah. No idea what's going on. I thought this was all getting run by you.

Welp, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, and it's a train. This RPG could probably stand on it's own without me or my activity....

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

OOC: You had the formation of MACE, the assassination, and Ocalan's instatement OKed by me. None of that I have any problem with. In fact, I don't even have a problem with the story side of how this is going.

What I have an issue with is how the staff have apparently been cut out of the loop. And then, if we have an objection, it's an unreasonable thing.

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC: And I know nothing about that. Insofar as I was concerned, you knew about this. Guess you didn't.

In the meantime, I've got projects that need my attention and XMDD is becoming more of a chore and less of a pleasure these days.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:

"It's surprising that the beach is this nice in April." Rebekah observed, finally pausing in her search. "Ah, I found the umbrella. It's a ways down the beach."

"Want a ride there? Because if I do the swimming, we can be there in under a minute."

IC:

"First thing's first,"Abraham paused in his stride, pulling out a cell phone. "There's one more operative we need to get a hold of."

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC: I decided to have little fun, but recklessness of my character came and the story goes on. :P

IC:

Jack freed himself of his bonds, but held the rope, so as not to be to suspicious.

"What do you mean?" Asked the warden. "You just a lone ### ########## kid in a prison."

"But ever thought how dangerous one could be, after what I just did."

The warden looked at him strange, in which Jack let go of the rope and said, "Surprise #####!"

He then gave him shockingly painful one-two punch in the face. Then a roundhouse to head. He got his gun and radio, and signaled the rest, "I'm on the warden's level. Rendezvous two floors below your current position."

He then headed out, taking a guards uniform with him so to blend in. But before he left, he gave the Warden a slight jolt so as to make him unconscious.

IC: I don't know what todays date is. I think it's the 4th, but I haven't got much sleep lately. The only reason I'm able to keep this journal reliably is superspeed. That's really the only reason they haven't caught me yet- that and my super stealth skills, thank you.Actually, my powers are what got me into this, reader, and that's why I'm keeping this log. If I fall, I want there to be some record of what happened and why my eyes no longer observe.Any day they'll catch me, and God knows what they'll do.I'm Ethan "Fox" Foxglove, and I'm wanted dead or alive.

Edited by Elvis

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: GeminiGemini rang on the door bell again and still waited for a response. This was ridiculous.IC: Hannah"I could catch up to him if my powers weren't turned off," Hannah said, "Should we go after him?"

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC: Hearing the doorbell from quite some distance away, Nero eventually rolled his way through the mansion, making it to the door with a drawn out and sarcastic "I'll geeeeeeet it."

Opening the door, ho looked up into a face that had some interestingly familiar qualities. Guy was probably related to someone Nero knew.

"Can I help you?" Nero asked.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

IC: Gemini

"I came over here because I'm wanting to be with my kids right now," Gemini said,

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC:

"It's okay, let's just race!"

With a spontaneous battle roar of "THE INNER MACHINATIONS OF MY MIND AAAAAAAAAARE AN ENIGMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~!" Brooklyn tore off running towards the umbrella at a surprisingly steady, quick pace.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Rebekah laughed, taking off after her at a reasonable pace. She didn't run all out, not even close. If she did, the fun would be over before it even began. But even at her slower pace, she was quickly gaining ground.

"Why yes, Brooklyn, it is. A funny enigma, though. A fun one."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Gemini"Caleb, Zac, Abigail and Hannah," Gemini said, "With what's been going on I decided that I needed to finally get back with them," Gemini said as he walked in.

IC: Nero rolled back out of the way slightly to let the man walk in. "Ah yeah. The Todds. Good folk, those guys. Well, check it out, I'm gonna need you to wait down here for a bit, cause while it's nice that you're rolling through claiming to be these kids' father an' all, it'll probably be best if a faculty member got to speak with you first."

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

IC: Gemini "I understand," Gemini said, closing the door behind him and shoving his hands into his pockets.

IC: "Hammer? Tongs?" Leech gestured towards the twins, "Their combined mental and physical strength should be enough." He looked quizzically at Hannah, "Your powers have been active since you entered the prison. If you think you can catch up to him then by all means do so. But I advise you not to try and stop him. The man is dangerous."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Hannah"Oh... Hehe... Well, I'll go help the twins out," Hannah said

IC:

Jack made it with out getting detected by the others. Though many were headed to Rhino's location. He armed himself with a gun, making him really blended in, but also having his hat low so no one can see his eyes.

He then entered a restroom, and ordered everyone to get out. After everyone left, said through the radio quietly, "I'm at the level where are you people."

IC: GeminiGemini turned his attention to the girl and gave a slight smile, "Yeah, a dad who cares for them alright," Gemini saidA dad who murdered his wife and was witht the brotherhood. But I guess I did do the right thing in keeping my kids safe,"Name is Zacchaeus Todd," Gemini said as he reached his hand out to Fauna.

IC:

"Oh, come on," he drawled with an eye roll that was equal parts mischief and mock exasperation. "Alright, fine. You're very hot. Sorry for marginalizing you. Better?"

"Better," Annie said with a satisfied smile like on a child who received a demanded jar of free candy. "Now time to prove it," she added. She slithered away and stood at the window to look outside for a few seconds, then she shut the curtains and cut the room off from the outside world. Now it was just Anne and Alaric, two phosphorescent lights and six pillows. She peeled her jacket off, the last barrier she had between herself and the eyes of those around her, and dropped it on her boots on the floor before jumping back in bed.

The glowing bulbs spread even light on the white and beige walls. In the opposite room was the couple who scuffled before, now quiet. Peace, it seemed, was with the Worthington siblings.

. . .

. . .

The whining rumble of the heater started up for probably the dozenth time since they had arrived the night before, but it hadn't woken Annie up until then. Alaric's arms were wrapped around her and their clothes were strewn around the bed they shared like territorial markings to ward off spirits. She pushed her head up to see the clock beyond her brother's shirtless body before dropping it and simply looked absentmindedly at Ric's face. She wondered how best to wake her sleeping brother and considered sharply poking his cheek before resolving to tickle his feet with her toes. "Coochy coochy coo~" she whispered gently.