Never Got Around To Doing That...

Phovos

I was reading through the Epics Rules and Guidelines topic and I was thinking about all my unfinished works. Virus, Tinted Red, Tinted Blue; three epics I never finished writing.And then I thought some more. I never got around to ending Phovos's (Stolen) Diaries or Reading Over My Shoulder Is Dangerous To My Health. The Toa Nuva's Ramblings never really got finished (Although, *cough cough* I MIGHT be doing something for the comedies expo that we're planning in the Comedies Section...).And I started thinking some more. I never started Tinted Green, which followed Nuhvok-Kal's journey rather than Lehvak's or Tahnok's story. I never wrote the story about the Bohrok meeting the Rethavok. I never started that blog for Lehvak-Kal or how Tahnok-Kal and Turahk fell in love (I might actually do that one though!). I've never really got my Bohrok Extended project off the ground (I was hoping I could post it here, but it looks like I might not be able to). So many stories I've never written.So, I have one question for you today. When it comes to Bionicle, what have you never gotten around to doing?

I never got around to finishing my one and only epic on BZP. (I have the six month downtime to thank for that) I also have a rough draft of a story I planned on writing saved to my computer, but I never finished it either.And I don't know if this counts, but I always wanted to join one of the Bionicle RPGs on the forum, but sadly I don't really have the time to do so these days. May someday down the road....

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

That's a real shame you never finished those epics, Phovos. Though I must admit that happens quite often to a lot of people, which has led me to begin reading great work that suddenly stops short. I hope you have the time/motivation to eventually crank out an entire epic one of these days.Now, not to brag or anything, but of my dozen epics or so, I made a point of getting a finished product out to my audience. In recent years, I won't even begin posting an epic to BZP until most (if not all) the work is done in Word docs. Back around 2008-2009, I began a trilogy focusing on a side-character from earlier epics. He was such a favorite of mine that his name remains my username to this day. Regrettably, his trilogy didn't garner a lot of positive feedback (or a lot of any feedback outside one or two readers) and I never started the third and final story. I still have pages of plot detail, chapter titles, and everything on my computer, but with the direction things were headed, I wasn't convinced it would be an epic I would truly enjoy working on. With Cenotaphs wrapping up soon, I'm fairly certain my epic career is coming to an end, despite the fact I've said that after finishing my last few epics. If I were to write another, I think I'd explore the last third of Cederak's trilogy and provide an ending that is detached enough from the first two without completely abandoning all the work. Easier said than done, I suppose. :lol:-Ced

Before I began by current epic, Annus Mirabilis, I began another (really terrible and noobish) one back in 2007. I forgot about it soon after starting it and never got back to it. Though it was horrendously written, I still somewhat regret never finishing it.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Oh, so many things...probably around at least a dozen epics, and quite the handful of short stories, too. I remember specifically one that I really was interested in writing -- it was for that Core War contest, but I just never got around to it, and I haven't written it since. I now have some-what changed my idea to a non-Bionicle story, but have yet to write that as well. Basically any Bionicle project, with the exception of a few short stories, was never finished, unfortunately. I've planned and planned for things, but by the time I got around to writing them I either lost interest in that particular project or lost interest in writing fanfiction all together. There's still a couple Bionicle projects I hope to complete some day, but who knows if that'll ever happen. Probably not. I also planned on getting back into the BZPRPG with a huge story-arc, but that hasn't happened yet. newso1.png

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

I was planning a new stop-motion series with voice actors and everything, but it kinda died somewhere along the way. The plot wasn't that good anyways.I'd like to draw more, but I'm seldom satisfied enough with anything to upload it. Among these is some form of hand-drawn comic I've been wanting to do to balance out all the sprite comics in Artwork III. I fear it'd just go mostly unnoticed, though, and I don't have any good comic story ideas right now. I got a lot of hand-drawn sketches, maybe I should post more of those.The game I'm currently making is a project I won't let die, because it's a realization of just such a "never got around to doing that" thing. For years I've wanted to make a BIONICLE game featuring both action and full customization of your character, and now I have the skill to do so, so I'm doing it.

I have finished a grand total of zero of my epics. I'm working on one that I will finish, my logic being don't over do it. One of my epics extended to over 30 chapters, and I couldn't let the plot finish. Some of them I might have finished, but were lost in the Great Cataclysm. Pretty similar with my comedies, although I think I may have finished one...

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

I was planning a new stop-motion series with voice actors and everything, but it kinda died somewhere along the way.
Actually, I was planning on making such a series too. However, I became less interesting stop-motion. Now, I don't do it anymore. For now, at least.

mindeth the cobwebs

I have all these notes and concepts for a story that takes place after the inhabitants of the MU and Bara Magna merge together, but I've never write anything about it.
Join the club, haha. I'm hoping to get it off the ground around December though.I do have a half-finished short story, mostly humorous, that's been sitting around for a few months as well. I really ought to fix that up sometime.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I have all these concepts for a sci-fi epic I used to work on. The story was going to take place some time after Makuta's death. It would have touched on some ethical issues regarding the increasingly fast tchnological advances the Spherus Magnans were facing (somewhat like the ones we face today, i.e. should we barcode our babies?)I have maps of the land, I made a dating system, I invented several language and writing forms - lots of stuff. I even have a couple unfinished short story "prequels" somewhere. The problem is, when I write, I tend to add on ideas on a whim and everything spiraled out of control. Maybe someday I'll dig all that out and write the perfect story.

Ahaha, what a silly question. There's nothing I never got around to finishing, I'm just procrastinating, naturally.

(disclaimer: none of this banner art is original, I just smooshed it together in gimp. Torchic, Matau)
ThosePeskyFirespitters.png.3dbdb65e6a28cbbc5957d81c09a685b6.png
Those pesky firespitters... 
Library | The Sculptors and the Smelters | The Ternion Review Topic 

Nothing comes to mind right away...But I do recall someone on here asking me if I could do a huge piece of artwork depicting the Battle of Bara Magna. Unfortunately, I've sort of abandoned that particular hobby, so that project never even got off the ground.signoffffff.png

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Every single Epic I've started hasn't made it past three chapters without my forgetting about it. However, I do have an Epic in the works right now that I am slowly working on. I'll advertise and post it once I'm finished it.Aside from that... I suppose I could've finished more of my comedies.-ibrow

When I start something, I finish it. The problem is getting started. I seem to be having problems finishing my current story that I have in mind, mostly because the more I write, the more improvements I see. Further projects cannot be revealed. I assure you that I have too many of them, viable ideas that I never get around to. :(

Well, I have like two unfinished epics (The History of the Tuggles [Which I regret writing as it became more about my Toa self than the subject matter of the Tuggles.] & The Origin of Angry Nidhiki [The only good thing that came from this story was my Professor Kano character.]) posted in old forums. Oh, and I got an unfinished epic called The Dark Chronicles sitting in a folder on my computer [i only wrote like two pages of it in word document. So yeah, that's going nowhere.]. I also have an unfinished prequel epic in that folder, which was supposed to deal with a side character from my second epic that I posted on BZPower. Again, that's going nowhere.As for Short Stories, I only got one unfinished work that I can think of and it is an old untitled story that I was writing for BZPower Short Story contest. It is really the only story in my folder of unfinished works that I think has a chance of actually getting post here. Well, that only if it gets out its state of development limbo and gets heavily edited first, which knowing me is probably not going to happen.But yeah, to answer question, I have plenty of Bionicle written works that just never got off the ground and likely never will. - JMJ 2012

Edited by VI. Zexion

A long time ago, I had an idea for an epic. I still think it's a pretty sweet idea, but due to poor writing skills, and lack of motivation, it has stayed in the limbo of my mind for about three years now.So yeah.Also, to actually make some 3D Bionicle art. I haven't done any for years.

jlovfkk.jpg

I never finished my comedies or even the story I had begun to write out...though, looking back, I didn't plan too well for that and the story probably would have gone nowhere. Still, life got in the way and I'd just been so busy ever since I hadn't even thought back to them until recently. :/

Hahligirl56 - fan since 2004.

"The fool wanders, a wise man travels." - Thomas Fuller

"Problems are only opportunities in work clothes." - Henry J. Kaiser

"Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up." - Jesse Jackson

I always make a note to finish my epics, and in the rare case that I don't, I will tell my readers what was going to happen at the end. However, there was one epic I didn't finish that I don't plan on finishing called Shadows of Miserix, and it was just so bad that I decided not to.

I started two epics, quit writing one because I decided I didn't like it, and the other is still in progress, now that I've restarted it after two years. I plan on actually finishing it.Of course, that's what I had in mind when I first started, also.

How well will you die?

I started an epic, "Frost Rising", back when I was a real newbie, and before long I realized I had only the flimsiest ideas of where I wanted to go with it.I started but never posted an epic detailing Artakha and Karzahni's role in the early history of the Matoran Universe, which became impossible to finish once the nature of the Matoran Universe became clearer in 2008.Likewise, I had plans for an epic called "Brothers" about Axonn and Brutaka (written with what was in retrospect extremely wooden dialogue). I managed to get further planning that one than I did with "Frost Rising", but having learned from my mistakes with my previous epic I never posted what I had for this one and may not even have a copy of it any longer.There are dozens of BIONICLE characters I always wanted to draw in certain ways, but never got past the sketch stage, if even that far.And of course there are MOC concepts I thought of years ago and still have yet to realize, such as a skeletal titan build that would use LEGO palm tree trunk segments for its spine.I think it would be easier to enumerate what I did get around to doing: a number of MOCs that were OK in concept and generally poor in execution, dozens of human BIONICLE drawings of which a handful still impress me (and most of the others embarrass me to look at), some silly crossover-based art contest entries, and a number of embarrassing songfics (as well as one decent short story, "The Way of the World", which I still particularly like although it contains some significant factual errors).

When I was little, I really wanted the Kane-ra & Muaka set. Even though I'm basically done with Bionicle, in that it no longer really interests me much if at all, that is one set I would still buy because of how much nostalgia it induces. But there were epics I attempted to write and never finished, never will finish. That's about it really, not really too much I never got around to doing :B

Several years ago I begun work on an RPG. A legit RPG. You can see a screenshot here. Nikira did the art, Dokuma did sprites. Motago did music and Zarai helped me with the story. I programmed.Never finished it since my laptop crashed and I lost all my files, but dude, it was gonna be awesome. Maybe someday I'll make it into an epic. I actually have an .exe saved in an email to Motago that I should probably open up and play some time.Ah well.

Hand-drawn, bespoke avatar by none other than Mushy the Mushroom.

a body adrift in water, salt, and sky

My epic, Danger Close. I'm slowly working on it, but...it's just gone so slowly. I feel it will never be finished - and even if it is, nobody will care. =/

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

Let's see... What stands out...There was that comic and epic tie-in I never got anywhere with largely due to lack of readership making me lose interest.Easily 1.5 million MOC ideas I never got to out of laziness.And most recently that checklist-of-everything-ever I stopped after only doing half of the collectibles. That was largely due to work over the summer taking up a lot of time, but also because I just never got the drive to tackle a checklist for the Kraata. So... Many... Slugs...So I guess I've tried to spread myself out quite a bit over the years, but never really found that niche for me.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Never got around to actually posting here on BZP 'til now, ha ha. *bricked*I suppose artwork would be #1. Haven't done any Bionicle-related art since 2005, I don't think. Good grief. Next would have to be any fan-fiction I've put on hold for the last few years because of both real-life and the demon that is writers'-block. Time to get my rear in gear and actually work on this stuff.

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |