BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Kinda cool to see player characters as simple warriors or Guardsmen of their own hometown... like how currently there are several PC Ta-Koro Guardsmen cleaning up the mess we made :P A little divergent of recent GD discussion, but I just wanted to point that out. Good job guys ;)

• Upvote 3

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

Kinda cool to see player characters as simple warriors or Guardsmen of their own hometown... like how currently there are several PC Ta-Koro Guardsmen cleaning up the mess we made :P A little divergent of recent GD discussion, but I just wanted to point that out. Good job guys ;)

Yeah, someone needs to clean it up cause Skyra is too busy. :3

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

I treat guards as the angry people who are about to ship me off to jail for.... not much, to be honest. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Do you guys treat guards like cops or military folks.

Neither. It's not today's society, so the rules don't quite apply. I imagine them as guards, a solid mixture of the two, of the type that existed in a pre-industrial society. I think as a whole we have a tendency of modernizing the feel of this game.

Edited by Visaru
  • Upvote 5

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

Well, unfortunately all of the koros (especially Ga-koro) want Grokk's head on a stick for murdering Nokama quite gruesomely, and Natharius was unlucky enough to be there with him XD

Yay... first person I ever interacted with, and he turned out to be a murderer. Just my luck....

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

He probably wont be in jail forever. Just a...very long time.

You might be able to cut a deal and get community service or something though.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Okay, I've got a question: since the current BZPRPG is a reboot of an older version of the game, does that mean that all of the previously created/approved races and such from the old one are no longer playable? This doesn't really affect me at all, but the question has been throwing itself around in the back of my mind lately.

Edited by timageness411

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

*Stares at recent post in Ta-wahi topic from friar tuck in confusion*

So is Joske in Ta-koro, or is he in the Kini-nui temple? 

*Likes to imagine the possibility of a secret bar in Kini-nui, where villians just go to get wasted*

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Regarding Ko-Koro battle, i:'d like to repeat this question.

EDIT: While I'm here, does anyone know the whereabouts of Nightfall at the moment? Some of the posts imply that they're making their way up the stairs to the Sanctum, while Echelon's posts seems to reveal that they're all inside the (now-sealed) building.

Unless I'm reading this all wrong.

Thanks!

-Void

The Nightfall's most recent action was to move through the doors and into the Sanctum/CItadel's entrance hall. Echelon pulled Londar in with them while they were entering.

In Ko-Koro, who is there in the main village? Not in the sanctum, not at the gates, not at the hospital, but just in the village itself.

The buildings that are make up the village are sandwiched between the walls/gates at one end, and the chasm that separates them from the Citadel at the other.

You know, I can't help but feel we need somewhere else to get new masks and foreign tech. Right now, the only way to get the tech is by either making it yourself when you get a new character, or by being evil and going with the Vault Loot. I think there needs to be some way for neutral and good characters to get new tech, otherwise team evil has an insanely unfair advantage.

I don't want to repeat too much what other people have said, but 'Team Evil' are severely outnumbered by 'Team Good'. The purpose of the Vault loot is to even the playing field; otherwise the odds would be heavily stacked in the good guys's favour.

I know it may look like the bad guys are steamrolling over the good guys in Ko right now, but bear in mind that that's pretty much the bulk of 'Team Evil's forces against less than a sixth of 'Team Good's.

Neither. It's not today's society, so the rules don't quite apply. I imagine them as guards, a solid mixture of the two, of the type that existed in a pre-industrial society. I think as a whole we have a tendency of modernizing the feel of this game.

Well said.

Okay, I've got a question: since the current BZPRPG is a reboot of an older version of the game, does that mean that all of the previously created/approved races and such from the old one are no longer playable? This doesn't really affect me at all, but the question has been throwing itself around in the back of my mind lately.

Correct. Nothing is carried over from previous versions of the BZPRPG unless explicitly stated.

This is, in fact, the third version of the game. The first was the amazing/crazy one that pretty much spanned Bionicle's original run. The second one (which I joined at the beginning of) is known as the NBZP, and was set on 2001-style Mata Nui but with a Church of Makuta, magic, evil Joske, and various other exciting things. The game we know today (sometimes called BZIII) was created following a long period of forum downtime, when the staff decided it would be better to begin a new plot than try to pick up the old one.

• Upvote 3

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Ah. Well, I guess I can cross a few things off of my "Things I'd Like To See/Do In The BZPRPG" list then. Oh well. Those dreams were fun while they lasted...

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Regarding Ko-Koro battle, i:'d like to repeat this question.

EDIT: While I'm here, does anyone know the whereabouts of Nightfall at the moment? Some of the posts imply that they're making their way up the stairs to the Sanctum, while Echelon's posts seems to reveal that they're all inside the (now-sealed) building.

Unless I'm reading this all wrong.

Thanks!

-Void

The Nightfall's most recent action was to move through the doors and into the Sanctum/CItadel's entrance hall. Echelon pulled Londar in with them while they were entering.

What about the Toa and good doers in the way?

OOC: I did settle things with Delilah in a PM. Jalkron was shot in the arm and Rorg's gun was capped. I'm fine with your moves too, as Jalkron has almost know resistance to mental powers at the moment.

IC: As Echelon walks into the Sanctum Jalkron begins capping His allies' wounds with metal, sealing the wounds in the only way he can. This takes only seconds, and once he is done he turns back to the dark toa.  The voice is still echoing around in his head though, and he does his best to push it away.  He focuses intently on the three virtues, and that helps some.  With the momentary respite, Jalkron finds enough concentration to form a block of metal behind Echelon, nearly twice as tall as he. The bottom of the slab is uneven, so it immediately begins to fall towards him. At the same time, Jalkron creates little balls of metal right where Echelon is about to step. The effort from all this tires Jalkron, and his wound begins to throb, catching his attention again. He remembers that there is still a bullet in his arm, and quickly uses his power to use the metal to fix his armor.

OOC: It seems that you missed this Ghostands.

I did see this, but forgot to factor it into my post. I've since edited. Thanks for reminding me.

And a general reminder, OOC-only posts in location topics are frowned upon. In future, Vestak, just send a PM to the player. They're more likely to read it that way, in any event ;)

Edited by Twelfth Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

In Ko-Koro, who is there in the main village? Not in the sanctum, not at the gates, not at the hospital, but just in the village itself.

The buildings that are make up the village are sandwiched between the walls/gates at one end, and the chasm that separates them from the Citadel at the other.

Thanks for that, but I wasn't asking what was in the village, but whom. As in, PCs I could send mine to interact with.

ppg2.png

There's a pair of unconscious makuta-worshipers (Dayeth and Mortem) near the hospital, if someone feels like rescuing us...

Say, what's the ruling about firearms? I've seen a few Toa toting various sniper rifles, revolvers and blunderbusses, so I assume that they aren't foreign tech. Does that mean new characters can be given (reasonable) firearms without having to clear them with staff first as foreign tech (I'm not talking about stupidly overpowered things like grenade launchers or RPG's, just normal firearms like the examples I gave earlier)?

Edited by NatoGreavesy

They are foreign tech; the rule is, however, if you fight a Skakdi or Vortixx and win, if you want that foreign tech it's legally yours. Dorian killed a Vortixx for his revolver and defeated Onuzek in the Legacy battle for his sniper rifle, and Skyra got her blunderbuss in Xa-Koro as a reward for good playing with a handful of others.

-Tyler

• Upvote 2

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Tyler sums it up well. Any actual firearm has to be either won in battle with a character possessing foreign tech (Sulov's gun, Dorian's, etc.), or obtained as a reward for good playing (Skyra's blunderbuss). Only Skakdi, Lesterin, and Vortixx can start out with foreign tech, or obtain it by means other than those mentioned before. The sole exception being anything obtained through Vault loot.

A Toa can obtain a Patero launcher, though they're only available to certain Guard forces, but that's more like an airgun. Somewhat useful, but not at firearm level.

Speaking of Guard forces, since Hubert asked earlier;

I see them as both military and police force. By the nature of their job, they have to do both. On a normal day, their duties entail dealing with whatever local lawbreakers are around, or patrolling the city. On an extraordinary (though to be honest, they're pretty common) they have to deal with whatever crazy (or crazies) of the week are trying to cause mayhem. The two jobs overlap, and can't really be separated from one another.

That said, you could make a case that the Investigative Corps in Ta-Koro is more police oriented; they're basically a detective and forensics unit rolled into one, but their job description still entails being able to handle the same duties as a normal Guard. It's just not their focus. 

• Upvote 3

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Right. Thanks for clarifying about the weapons. This is what I get for not double-checking everyone's history to see where they got their stuff. 

Okay, this may come across as weird question, so I'll give some context afterwards: What's the policy for having ships?

I'm working on a pair of Vortixx pirate characters whose backstory is that they've arrived on Mata Nui in their crippled vessel. Would I still be able to use that ship from their backstory, or would I have to build/buy a new one for them IC?