BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

To add to that, if a Fe-Toa can "shoot" a piece of metal like an arrow, it's still against the force of gravity. If that makes sense.

Where as a Fa-Toa can utilize magnetism, which is waaaay stronger. So the same arrow is more like a high powered rifle. The real money is in a Fa/Fe-Toa duo. That would be fun. Fa and Vo could do some crazy stuff as well.

Yeah, this as well. Magnetism is quite good, and not exactly "Iron, but worse", because it's different. Iron is more physical, Magnetism is more energy based.

A Fa/Vo duo would be interesting to see...has it been done before, actually?

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

It WILL be done. Plan Electromagnet will be set into motion when I am done with this coursework by tomorrow night. Even better when you mix in Su-; magnetic field contains plasma, electricity amps up the power, and they work together to shoot it. I call that Plan Plasma Cannon.

Just hope it doesn't blow up in your face because the Staff say no.

I also hope it doesn't explode, just because the sheer power it has (Of course, it requires a lot of cooperation, and elemental power, concentration...) is staggering. In a way.

Plasma hurts when it gets flung really fast at your face.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

It WILL be done. Plan Electromagnet will be set into motion when I am done with this coursework by tomorrow night. Even better when you mix in Su-; magnetic field contains plasma, electricity amps up the power, and they work together to shoot it. I call that Plan Plasma Cannon.

The problem I see with things like that is that, while interesting and creative. It's pretty much an instant kill on anyone/thing it hits.

There is more or less a "don't kill people" rule, sort of. Putting someone on the receiving end of that is pretty much either, "asspull out of danger" or "die." Which is a rude situation to put people in.

• Upvote 2

...but close to it

Yes. Yes it is a rude situation.

I should note that my approach to these kind of feats isn't 'Ha ha, you ded!' PVP, it's more an approach as 'this is cool, how can I use it without stepping on my friendly neighborhood RPer's toes?'

Except for Plan Off-The-Railcannon. But that one involves at least one character death, and that's mine.

Edited by Keeper of Kraata

The times, they are a-changing...

Yes. Yes it is a rude situation.

I should note that my approach to these kind of feats isn't 'Ha ha, you ded!' PVP, it's more an approach as 'this is cool, how can I use it without stepping on my friendly neighborhood RPer's toes?'

Except for Plan Off-The-Railcannon. But that one involves at least one character death, and that's mine.

I suspect it will be a quick woosh, thunk, and splat involved in that plan.

Don't try this at home, kids. Or launching plasma at your neighbors in a friendly manner. Neither will end well.

• Upvote 1

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Ehks, Tiragath: Right, thanks for pointing out those things. As you say, I kinda originally thought of magnetism as "iron, but worse" as you put it. 

Now that you've given me the idea of a Fe-Fa combo, I can't let it go :P The problem is, I have so many ideas for awesome toa characters, but I'd like at least one character of each species first (I still don't have a turaga character.)

Keeper: ooh, a team reunion...have you actually planned what the Kaltas' destinies are yet, or are you just making it up as you go along (my method) ?

Kathok

Ehks, Tiragath: Right, thanks for pointing out those things. As you say, I kinda originally thought of magnetism as "iron, but worse" as you put it. 

Now that you've given me the idea of a Fe-Fa combo, I can't let it go :P The problem is, I have so many ideas for awesome toa characters, but I'd like at least one character of each species first (I still don't have a turaga character.)

Keeper: ooh, a team reunion...have you actually planned what the Kaltas' destinies are yet, or are you just making it up as you go along (my method) ?

Well *coughcoughyourFa-ToajustteamedupwithmyFe-Toacough* you'll surely achieve it someday.

...but close to it

The real money is in a Fa/Fe-Toa duo. That would be fun.

Allow me to introduce you to Echelon and Eisen, played by your good friends Ghosthands and Krayzikk.

Be afraid.

But Echelon sold out for Dark Magnetism! He could do that with anyone who has a solid medium as an element.

That combo is why, for the 'last' member of the Kalta, I chose Jungle over Iron; otherwise, it would have been just too silly.

Winners don't do Antidermis.

Power-hungry villains do, though.

I forget can I magnet it up to redirect lightning

I remember doing that waaaay back a long time ago and i think it's important to know if that's still aces y'know

I'm pretty sure it's possible, but easier if you actually have a rod to attract them to. Magnetism and Lightning being two sides of the same coin. I will of course defer to those in authority.

We had this conversation a number of pages back. Long story short, Stone controls rocks/slabs of rock, Earth essentially controls soil, and Sand (which neither of them are supposed to have control over, despite what that one Po-Toa bio in the Profiles Topic says) effectively acts as the barrier to separate the two.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

While we're on the subject of interesting element combos, I would like to bring up another, specifically Lightning and Sonics.

Taranis and Tenjin are having way too much fun with their "Thunderclap" move down in Po-Wahi.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

We had this conversation a number of pages back. Long story short, Stone controls rocks/slabs of rock, Earth essentially controls soil, and Sand (which neither of them are supposed to have control over, despite what that one Po-Toa bio in the Profiles Topic says) effectively acts as the barrier to separate the two.

In fact, in the BZPRPG, Stone has power over sand. It's an area of overlap with Crystal.

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

I stand corrected, then.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

As for Echelon, he's a Toa of Dark Magnetism (oOooOOooo...). Couldn't a Toa of Electricity, a Toa of Air and a Toa of Ice turn him into a walking electromagnet (Have the Toa of Air conjure some nitrogen, have a Toa of Ice cool it into liquid nitrogen, cover it on Echelon and have the Toa of Electricity give him a nice big jolt of electricity) , then have a Toa of Iron conjure up a few tons of metal, enough to squash him into oblivion?

It's rather annoying, but if a player has these four Toa, couldn't he do this? Even if it wasn't enough to kill him, it would severely cripple him.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

That's just the kind of theorycrafting we avoid. Also... why do you even think that would work? To make an electromagnet out something metal (in this case, our buddy Echelon), you just need electricity, and magnetism. And then, a magnetism user of Echelon's skill could easily nullify it, and use his dark magnetism to repel the Fe-Toa's metal, even if it was non-ferromagnetic.

As for Echelon, he's a Toa of Dark Magnetism (oOooOOooo...). Couldn't a Toa of Electricity, a Toa of Air and a Toa of Ice turn him into a walking electromagnet (Have the Toa of Air conjure some nitrogen, have a Toa of Ice cool it into liquid nitrogen, cover it on Echelon and have the Toa of Electricity give him a nice big jolt of electricity) , then have a Toa of Iron conjure up a few tons of metal, enough to squash him into oblivion?

It's rather annoying, but if a player has these four Toa, couldn't he do this? Even if it wasn't enough to kill him, it would severely cripple him.

I don't think Mata-Nuians know about nitrogen, liquid nitrogen, etc, so...yeah, that couldn't happen anyways.

• Upvote 4

1Ydp0mg.jpg

An electromagnet working by taking something metal, cooling it and giving it a nice big shock. If Echelon is a Toa of Magnetism, he probably has some inherent (though rather weak) magnetism in him. The cold temperature and the high voltage increase that magnetism and BAM! Instant electromagnet. He'd probably be reeling from having to deal with frigid temperatures and the pain of having lightning pushed through you, so he'd be unable to deal with the giant chunk of metal headed straight for him.

It doesn't have to nitrogen, either. As long as he's cooled down enough, he's a perfect electromagnet. 

I'm just thinking, because let's face it, I'm certain there's at least one RPer that wants to take the bad guys down a notch or two, even if I'm not the one to do it, I want it to be out there. 

And while we're at it, let's throw in a few more electric Toa, a couple of Ba-Toa to prevent him from standing, some more Ko-Toa, and, why not, a Toa of Magnetism to help speed the process along.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

The problem with your logic is that it brings a magnetic field within a mile of Echelon. It's like trying to burn a toa of fire, or drown a toa of water. At some point he just smiles and wraps your body around your mask. Also, electromagnet doesn't require cold; its just an electric field going through a coil and generating magnetism.

• Upvote 4

You're also forgetting that the people of Mata Nui don't have the same scientific knowledge that we do. What seems like basic science to us us really the product of half a millennium of scientific experiments and studies. Most people don't know what an electromagnet is, and even if some particularly resourceful Toa of Magnetism (say, Echelon) has noticed how magnetism works under different temperatures, it's not like he'd know why it works.

• Upvote 6

Plus Echelon and his many buddies aren't just going to stand still and let you try that. The moment they see you guys they'll try to kill you.

• Upvote 1

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

There are two four problems with this theory:

1. Echelon could counter it, as Keeper has previously stated.

2. Toa of Air don't have control over specific atoms/molecules in the atmosphere around them; unless I'm wrong like before, you should treat them as if they were Toa of Wind or Vacuum instead.

3. You do know that you're forming a group of people to unrealistically combat one guy, right? The staff might have an issue with that.

4. For those Toa to even attempt that plan, they would have to weave their way through Ko-Koro, avoiding prison escapees, Makuta-worshippers, and the Brotherhood of Ak'rei'an, all of whom would be trying to kill them. I should also point out that they would have to sneak past all of that before they could even set their eyes on the Sanctum, and even if they did make it inside the place, they'd still have the entirety of Nightfall to deal with as well.

All in all though, I bet the widgets of all of all of my current characters that this team of unfortunate Toa doesn't even make it past the city gate after the time-skip occurs.

Edited by timageness411

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Let's assume that we're dealing with the best of the best here in an optimum situation. They all have masks designed for stealth (Hunas, Sheleks, a Komau or Mahiki, perhaps a Kualsi.)

If one of them has a Kualsi, he can teleport away at the very first sign of trouble. Hunas and Sheleks would allow them to remain mostly undetected. A Mahiki would allow one to impersonate a guard, prisoner, Brother, escapee, whatever.

Assuming all this, their chances are slim, but a slim chance is still a chance. I wouldn't bet my widgets that they'd make it out alive, no, but I'm certain that they'd make it in, given the right circumstances.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

I think the entirety of the Toa Maru wouldn't be able to pull that off. Even if they did use Korero's mask to teleport directly to The Sanctum, there's just too many bad guys between them and Echelon, and enemy reinforcements would be just outside.

Attacking Echelon on what is effectively his home turf is basically a suicide mission.

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Let's assume that we're dealing with the best of the best here in an optimum situation. They all have masks designed for stealth (Hunas, Sheleks, a Komau or Mahiki, perhaps a Kualsi.)

If one of them has a Kualsi, he can teleport away at the very first sign of trouble. Hunas and Sheleks would allow them to remain mostly undetected. A Mahiki would allow one to impersonate a guard, prisoner, Brother, escapee, whatever.

Assuming all this, their chances are slim, but a slim chance is still a chance. I wouldn't bet my widgets that they'd make it out alive, no, but I'm certain that they'd make it in, given the right circumstances.

are any of those masks but the huna and kualsi actually legal

that seems like kind of a little bit of a problem for your plan

- Indigo Individual

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

You're forgetting the fact that pretty much any good guy worth his salt doesn't like Echelon. They'd be able to rally up quite a few reinforcements, have them lie in wait then, when the Toa are already inside, use a full frontal assault to take down Ko-Koro. Heck, isn't it all made from ice? A Ko-Toa would be able to alter the geometry of the place at will.

As for the masks I mentioned, you can get some under special circumstances, though only the Huna and Kualsi are allowed for starting characters.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

There is a Shelek or two in the Vault Loot, so the only way someone could get one would be if they were working for/with Echelon or the Piraka.