BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

> wakes up

> reads the last two pages of N&D

sigh.gif

I think most of what needs to be said about anatomy already has been, so I'll try and keep this short.

For one thing, don't cling to canon. Yes, it's what brought us together on this website; yes, it's the inspiration for this game. But, that doesn't mean we're bound by it. Similarly to what I said a couple of weeks ago on the topic of science, gameplay and fairness need to be our priority, not faithfulness to canon.

In any event, canon Bionicle was itself quite inconsistent in its portrayal of anatomy: the 'set form' used in most media looked (in most cases) completely robotic, while the MU movies showed a far more biological side of things, with visible muscles, facial expressions etc. TLR was somewhere between the two.

Different people have different head-canons about Bionicle anatomy, and we try very hard to accommodate for that, but at the same time we have to hold everyone to the same standard. As has already been said, the most natural and well-known choice for that standard is human anatomy.

We're not saying your Toa are humans—they're not! They're not literally humans in armour. What we're saying is that their bodies are effectively human, however you personally choose to portray their tech/tissue ratio. For example, maybe they have hearts that are half-muscle, half-pump! But functionally, it still moves blood around the body, it still gives a heartbeat, it's still deadly to be stabbed through it. It is effectively a human heart.

What it is is up to you. What it does, for combat or injury purposes, is what a human equivalent would do.

(Personally I love the anatomy VF uses in his artwork, and that's how I tend to picture BZPRPG characters in my head. ;) )

• Upvote 10

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

I swear to God this thread is just stuck in some kind of groundhog day scenario. I look every day and there's

• ANATOMY ARGUMENTS
  • "LOL HOW ABOUT THAT ONE TIME WE HAD VORE MAN THOSE WERE THE DAYS"
  • "FUN TIMES" 
  • PUN THREADS

and i'm pretty sure we've made our case clear on at least half of those things several times over the last few years, every time a new player crop comes up. kray hit the mark on anatomy. emotia did indeed get eaten and it was pretty gross. they were fun times. and stop with the pun threads or i'll just start handing out off-topic strikes. don't make me do that. i'm not the responsible one. i don't like being the responsible one. but there are only a few rules for this topic and when i see new players and veterans alike disregarding half of them in a single swoop i get sad

and when the sadness goes away i get angry

-Tyler

• Upvote 10

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Meanwhile, over in Funkydude's crazy idea land, there is a cyborg Vortixx.

Figure that one out.

Honsestly, though, is that okay? Like, biomechanical biomechanicals?

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

Emotia... Eaten.

I don't remember it happening, and I don't think I'd want to...

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

I swear to God this thread is just stuck in some kind of groundhog day scenario. I look every day and there's

• ANATOMY ARGUMENTS
  • "FUN TIMES" 
  • PUN THREADS

-Tyler

I think you forgot some:

• Will X ever get into the game?
  • Will X ever get into the game in Y way?

Trust me, you guys have got it easy. NationStates RP threads, more often than not, turn into socioeconomic battlegrounds between different political factions. Does that happen here? 

Back on topic, I suppose a biomechanical entity could further augment itself, thus cyborg Vortixx.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

I think you forgot some:

Maybe I'll get in a-

I need to stop confusing myself with variables. And stop making that joke. It wasn't funny.

but i really should hop back in with a new character once I get out for Christmas holiday.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

• ANATOMY ARGUMENTS
  • "FUN TIMES" 
  • PUN THREADS

-Tyler

I think you forgot some:

• Season 2 when?

• Can I be from (land that doesnt exist in this canon)?

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

• Season 2 when?

never

;__;

• Hey guys remember Derrum that was fun
  • What's a derrum
  • a bunch of floating balls with people inside four years ago
  • I'll show YOU a thing or two about floating balls
  • ayy

Uh... Guys?

This is dumb. We know the cycle, we know the same old questions, we don't need to be reminded. So just... stop.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

Enough. End this now.

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Q: I want my character to originally come from Bara Magna, Karda Nui, or somewhere else exotic. Can my character’s back-story involve foreign places?

A: Sorry to harsh your buzz, but that’s not okay. Here’s the thing about the BZPRPG universe: it isn’t the BIONICLE universe, not exactly. Although ours is a game founded in many parts of the BIONICLE canon, there are parts of the canon that we deliberately discard or ignore, notably among those almost every known location, several known species, and a truckload of universe history. For example: the BZPRPG world isn’t actually a giant robot body; there’s only one Makuta in our universe, and he’s a primeval force of darkness; there aren’t Dark Hunters; what’s a Bohrok?; etc. Disregarding these discrepancies by, say, stating in your character’s profile that she/he is originally from Metru Nui and was once a Dark Hunter would therefore be contrary to the fabric of the BZPRPG world.

Q: So let me get this straight: I’m not allowed to refer IC or in my character’s profile to… well, to what exactly? What elements of the BIONICLE canon exist in the BZPRPG?

A: Unless something from the BIONICLE canon is explicitly acknowledged by a staff source to exist in the BZPRPG, it cannot be assumed to exist in the BZPRPG universe. To get a better feel of the BZPRPG world and how it’s diverged from the BIONICLE timeline, take a look at the Plot Overview that can be found in the following post, in the various location topics, and in the allowed lists in the Profiles Topic. If something from the BIONICLE canon isn’t mentioned in any of those places, odds are good it’s not part of our game universe. If you’ve still got questions as to whether a particular part of the BIONICLE canon exists in the BZPRPG, just ask a staff member for clarification.

That's an excerpt from the starter topic. I think it should answer your question, toa grimlock.

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

Enough. End this now.

You aren't staff and however justified the sentiment might be, that tone isn't.

*unzips katana*

You know better than this.

What's a Metru Nui?

:w:

You definitely know better than this.

Guys, jokes from time to time are perfectly fine. However,  it has been made abundantly clear that they are happening too much, and are beginning to consistently qualify as "off topic". Tyler wasn't joking, and neither am I. Get it under control, or we're going to start handing out off-topic strikes. We don't want to, so don't make us.

Get it under control.

• Upvote 9

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Speaking of on topic(I hope), it occurs to me as odd that the Hiripaki is so easy to control. I mean, yeah, it has it's limitations and you have to use it in a particular fashion in order for it to work, but..... It's worked relatively simply and naturally as any other mask, hasn't it? Why aren't there complications with using it, like the Mask of Time? 

Speaking of on topic(I hope), it occurs to me as odd that the Hiripaki is so easy to control. I mean, yeah, it has it's limitations and you have to use it in a particular fashion in order for it to work, but..... It's worked relatively simply and naturally as any other mask, hasn't it? Why aren't there complications with using it, like the Mask of Time? 

I'd say that the 'equivalent exchange' (i.e. it pulls something out of the Legend equivalent to whatever you put in, or vice versa) counts as a complication ;)

It's very much a double-edged sword.

Edited by Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

True, but to my knowledge, no one was able to use the mask of time to it's full potential. Effectively, sure, but every being who used it couldn't control it's power. Now, maybe that's because it wasn't a sentient mask, like the Ignika, but it still seems odd to me. I don't mind it, it makes for an awesome mask that is super unique, it just seems odd to me.

I'd say that the 'equivalent exchange' (i.e. it pulls something out of the Legend equivalent to whatever you put in, or vice versa) counts as a complication ;)

It's very much a double-edged sword.

Really? I always thought that a legendary mask should cause some exertion on the user, even if it had other complications. 

Though this brings up another question, what are the exact limitations to the Hiripaki. I.E., can you use it to, say, summon a Bohrok, or is summoning something from the Bionicle canon that's not in BZPRPG not allowed. Also, can you put something in the legend without pulling something out?

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

Both the Avohkii and Kraahkan could be used fairly easily and while according to BS01 they don't fall under the Legendary section, the two masks are pretty close to it.

Edited by Silvan Haven

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

You aren't staff and however justified the sentiment might be, that tone isn't.

I apologise. In hindsight, my post came across way snappier than I'd intended.

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Bugs want to eat Le-koro.

Ko-koro is now Makutaland.

Zaktan went and buffed a bunch of bugs in Le-wahi. They are now called Entropy Beetles and eat pretty much everything in their path. Efforts to stop them before they reach Le-koro are currently under way.

The Mangaia Pact has taken over Ko-koro. Although it is still slightly out of sync from the rest of the island to prevent people from leaving the battle, healing up for several days, and then joining back in.

Po's starting a revolution.

Ta has a quest into the Mangai.

Lloyd is slightly more active and has started a revolution plot line in Po-koro. The Dark Walk Quest has also moved slightly. In addition, the Treasure Quest thing that Gravity started a while back has ended and the Fowadi has returned to it's home port.

A Quest for all the new players with characters in Ta-koro has been started. Its a bit late if you wanted to join it though. Also, in reply to the Piraka attack, there have been a few changes to the Ta-koro Guard. The biggest one begin the creation of the Rapid Reactionary Forces, a branch of elite Guards who's job is to quickly respond to any trouble in the koro and deal with it.

Dasaka are in Ga-Koro, as well.

The Dasaka Submarine showed up in the middle of the Ga-koro docks and first contact was made. For some reason, people kept trying to climb up on it, attack it and otherwise just mess with them so I think most of the important stuff/interactions has moved to a more secure location.

I'm rather out of the loop on Onu and this is mostly just me expanding on what other people have said but eh, its something.

Edited by Silvan Haven
  • Upvote 2

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1