BZPRPG - Onu-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: In the central square of Onu-Koro, patrolled by plodding policemen atop great crabs, tinged with the ashen waste of a hundred factories, swarmed by the packed throngs of Ussals as well as businessmen of all kinds--miners wearing their grimy gauntlets and dun sabatons, traders displaying their impeccable pauldrons and fine coats, manufacturers clad in drab Kanohi and colorless breastplates--droves of sensations mixed and conflicted with each other, trading perceiving blows as they struggled to catch the attention of passerby. The tang of steel combated the smell of soot. The pastel hues of fresh paint grappled with the dim glare of lightstones. And the desparate pleas for alms of an unemployed Matoran fought a losing battle against the tinny yells of a newspaper crier on the capacious space.

It was to the last of these crude brawls that an Ussal-rider directed his attention when he casually reached into his pocket and tossed out a hundred-widget piece.

The indigent being caught the currency with a hint of wonderment and examined the bit, not yet believing even though he saw. The unemployed did not last long in Onu-Koro. Most found work in the week following their firing due to the Koro's ever-growing need to sustain its immense expansion. However, in the cases of those unfit for work due to crippling injury, that typical week could multiply exponentially or even extend into infinity. This minority would generally seek medical help in the koro's hospital and perhaps a prosthetic. Following that, the injured would retrain so that they might re-enter the workforce. Although this aid generally allowed the unemployed in question to at last return to his or her occupation of choice with little difference, that time might last for months in which he or she might necessitate loans. The debt would then be paid back per the terms of the contract after working to earn the required capital. Therefore, the state of the moaning Onu-Matoran clutching his crutches was yet unenviable. But this mysterious stranger had given him what he recognized to be a legitimate hundred-widget piece without so much as one disparaging glance. The Matoran grinned and raised his head to scan the area for the magnanimous passerby, but he failed to see another Ussal of similar girth to that his benefactor had saddled. All of his best efforts failed to find his hero in the square.

That benefactor could be found, at this moment, making his way across the city in search of a certain place which it was his sworn duty to locate. He turned off the koro's Main Street into the smaller Taipu Boulevard, vaguely whistling some old Onu-Koronan tune regarding the wicked and their rest. Then the charitable man trundled along through the Artisan's Quarter until he came to Ussal Drive. With a quick glance to his map, he withdrew the tablet and kicked his Ussal's ribbed sides lightly, guiding his mount down the winding road. Coming to a particular three-room hut marked "35", he dismounted and tied his mount to the post on its front. The gentleman walked to the door and rapped once in the traditional greeting of the Ussalry. As soon as its occupant came to the door, he found himself greeted by an Onu-Matoran rendering a brief salute.

"Hello, Ussalman Aryll Vudigg," Gyn Kirsug said with an effortless smile. "Would you care to join your fellows of Ussalry Light Cavalry Squadron One in our next mission?"

Edited by Iskandar

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC Tuli

(Onu-Koro, Tuli's Hut):

Tuli smiled lightly. "A decision dictated by your duty? Your quest for justice?"

IC: Khervos (Tuli's Hut)

"Mata Nui only knows" I thought, my thumbs engaged in a personal wrestling match as if to take their minds off my current predicament, while my brain was struggling with where to order the heart to send the blood, I hoped to myself it would go north rather than south.

There were so many things wrong with that last sentence.

"I would probably say so, yes" I finally admitted with a nod.

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC Tuli

(Tuli's Hut):

Tuli could see Khervos' personal struggle. She could feel it, her knowledge of men letting her into the thoughts of the Ba-Matoran.

"A little love does not conflict with justice", Tuli said. "You, of all Matoran, deserve some for all the good you have done."

Tuli stood up and walked over to Khervos, taking his hand. "I know you don't feel certain about this. But I want you to tell me what you think we should do with this situation. What do you want from life? Do you have room for another woman besides the mistress of justice?"

IC: (Aryll Vudigg/Hut/Onu-Wahi)

Aryll, awoke, quite sluggish, to the sound of knocks on his door. Tossing the blacket the the side, he jumped out onto the floor, and grabbed a nearby bathrobe. Walking to the door he opened it, to see a Matoran in Ussalry uniform saluting him. To say he was mortified was an understandment.

"Hello, Ussalman Aryll Vudigg, would you care to join your fellows of Ussalry Light Cavalry Squadron One in our next mission?" he said, smiling.

"Yes Sir! Let me get changed, Sir!" Aryll said, saluting. He knew how ridiculous it looked, but he had to put courtsey before humility.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC: (Aryll Vudigg/Hut/Onu-Koro)

Aryll rushed in, and put on his uniform. Brass buttoned black jacket, grey pants and black riding boots. With a tough old cloak to cover it all. Tucking the jacket it, he took a quick look in the mirror. His teeth were white as pearls, whatever exposed armor was in decent condition and his boots signed. Not half bad.

Walking back, he opened the door and saluted.

"Private Aryll Vudigg ready for service, sir!" he said. Having been a Private decades ago, having to speak like this was postively surreal.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC: Rakona/Goran

Rakona approached her leader in the depths of the Darkmine.

"Master Larikon, I have learned of a place that sells protothermic powder from Goran. May I take some members of the Brotherhood to go purchase some of it?"

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

OOC: I have gotten permission from Kughii to kill Krii. Via PM. So reader, please don't be alarmed.

IC: (Jorruk Yokin/Darkmine/Onu-Wahi)

Three hours in, this Toa was proving too tough a nut to crack. She spat at him, kicked, squirmed and flailed wildly. It would take too long for to convert her. She needed to be killed, sacrificed, to be exact. Clocking her in the head, he knocked her unconscious.

Opening up the door, he began to drag her towards the alter.

IC: (Larikon Torchbearer/Darkmine/Onu-Wahi)

"Where is this place, Lady Rakona?" Larikon said. "If it is in Onu-Koro we need to use more caution."

He turned around when he heard the sound of something dragging on the stone below.

"Ah, Sir Jorruk, is this a new convert?"

"No, Grand Master, this is a sacrifice."

IC: Ira

The now black armored toa of Fire wandered through the tunnels of Darkmine. The weapons training hadn't been anything new, but he had been fascinated with the reading material. He would follow a pattern of eagerly diving into a book before recoiling in utter shock, then finding a part of the book he liked; rinse, repeat. So most of the cult hadn't seen him around; he would even sleep in the library.

Today was different. He was considering going to town; that scuffle with Larikon destroyed most of his supplies, so he needed to restock. Perhaps he could combine his knowledge with what the group knew of necromancy? Maybe improve his future zombie? With these thoughts on his mind, he ambled past where Larikon and Rakona were talking.

"Most certainly, Lady Rakona," Larikon said. He watched as Jorruk was struggling to pull Krii across the ground. Walking on over, he grabbed Krii's legs, the steward took the Toa by the arms. Up she went.

"Come, Sir Ira, I think it is time for you to partake in your binding ritual."

Rakona walked over to Ira and said, "That one you see there is a Toa of Iron. We are about to sacrifice her to Ak'Rei'An, and once we do so, we may bind her to you. If you would prefer to have an element other than Iron, or a Skakdi with a vision power, we can find you a Skakdi or Toa of that power.

"There is another pressing matter: We must acquire some protothermic powder for use in destroying the Amaja Nui. I have found a store that sells the material, and if you would like to accompany me to Onu-Koro to buy some, I would greatly appreciate it. Once we arrive, we will pretend to be members of a group called, 'The Brotherhood of Mata Nui', and wish to blow the Vault open with the powder. Would you like to come?"

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Okajo

"Well, she was a Toa of stone. Brown supplementary armour and Iden, and I couldn't tell what colour the armour was underneath that. Really, just look for a Toa without an arm. You're bound to find her. That is, if you plan on looking."

Okajo thought for a few moments, and said, "Really, if she decided to go off on her own, it's her fault. If she gets hurt, I'd feel kinda bad, sure, but at least she isn't freezing to death as far as I know."

IC:Xodar felt somewhat relaxed as the two fists met. He was at least one step closer to finding his true purpose, and why he had become a Toa. Perhaps they could answer that question for him.

IC: "Still perhaps worth investigation. If something is taking arms off-or worse-out in Ko-Wahi, then I think that might be worth having a Toa Team look into. I might be back in a few days, if you don't mind-Bijackal can start tracking then. Even then, I'm not refusing a Toa in need an arm. Xodor, would you care to come back to the forge? Divan and I will do what I can about teaching you things, though the best of the team is on mission right now. "

IC Ira"Protothermic powder..." Ira stroked his chin and thought for a moment. "I've heard of it before; it's an explosive right? I'm not sure of the chemical compound though. Sure, I'll go. Not sure if anybody would buy our story though. Wouldn't it be better just to sneak in?""I'll take the toa of iron. She'll probably prove useful. Besides, I'm pretty sure you guys don't come across people to zombify-whatever the word is that often. Hahaha! And I think I'll sacrifice my ability to use kanohi; I'm pretty attached to my fire."

OOC: 'Ussalman' and 'Private' are essentially interchangeable terms, by the way. Officially, 'Ussalman' is used, but 'Private' is acceptable given that Aryll is used to a vastly different military structure.

As well, feel free to give Aryll a Ussal for private use if you wish. Ussalry pay is certainly not low by any means.

IC: Kirsug saluted back. Then he gestured down the drive in the direction of the stable at which his squadron kept its base. "We shall rendezvous at Stable One at 545 hours." It was currently exactly 530 hours per the internal clock he had generated in the military, its ticks as accurate as the tiny clockwork contraption of the same purpose which he kept in his suit. The fifteen minutes granted by the alert at this time was enough time to make one's way through Onu-Koro even on a day as fogged by business as today. "Dismissed." With a final nod to Aryll, Gyn turned and kicked his Ussal into a trot headed towards the residence of a certain Dalrin Stratos.

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

OOC: Thanks for telling me. Is there a wiki page or something detailing the rank structure?

IC: (Aryll Vudigg/Hut/Onu-Koro)

Karz, this Mata Nuiian rank structure was so strange. Aryll was used to the Private to General system of his homeland. A system forged by a modern, advanced society. The Mata Nuiians were just beginning their industrial revolution, just beginning to shed a bit of their savage nature. So they were bound to keep some primitive tribal customs.

But he was comforted by the fact that the more primitive they were, the more they could be played with, exploited to his own ends. A military position was one heck of a good start to doing just that.

He smiled.

OOC: Larikon post tomorrow.

Edited by Mr. House

IC: "Still perhaps worth investigation. If something is taking arms off-or worse-out in Ko-Wahi, then I think that might be worth having a Toa Team look into. I might be back in a few days, if you don't mind-Bijackal can start tracking then. Even then, I'm not refusing a Toa in need an arm. Xodor, would you care to come back to the forge? Divan and I will do what I can about teaching you things, though the best of the team is on mission right now. "

IC: "I'd like that." Xodar nodded. He was interested in meeting the other Toa who worked at the forge, and just a tad curious about the Toa with one arm. He may not have known that much about Toa, but he knew that one missing an arm couldn't be a good thing. "Where is this forge? Just curious." he asked.

Will be writing stories shortly-Watch this space.

Here's my blog, where you can listen to me read bad fanfics.

IC: Day

"No, no it's not." I say but I don't let on that I'm speaking from experience. "Mercenary eh? What's he up to now?"

IC: Melna (Onu-Koro)

"He runs a gym in Le-Koro. He figured since he could show me and Helios the ropes he might as well make a living off of it"

"But enough of that" she continued and tucked the latter away. "Is there anything else you guys need here, are we good to go for the tunnels?

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

"Your element is fire, yes? That is good, for the only being of fire we have in the Brotherhood is Goran, and he only has the power of a Turaga."

OOC:

Fellow members of the Brotherhood, we have to move quickly. The Akiri are going to meet in the Kini Nui, and when they do, it would be good for us for them to have a 'surprise' when they arrive, said surprise being a crater in the place of the Amaja Nui.

Also, Mr. House, was this plot of blowing up the Amaja Nui staff approved?

Edited by Canis Lupus

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

OOC: Bunnying of Gyn approved by Iskandar, for all those concerned. Also, I'll have a Lux post later, don't worry. ^_^
IC:
If there’s one thing I’ve learned from my time in the Ussalry, it’s that when your commanding officer tells you to jump, you don’t answer until your feet are off the ground. It’s the mentality Onu-Koro’s had ever since Nuparu took office -- to go beyond what’s deemed possible to ensure completing the job at hand, Karz, even if we didn’t need to complete it. It’s what’s made us so #### Prosperous, what’s made us the technological powerhouse of this island.
For the record, I’m not actually one of those nationalistic zealots going all “HURR ONU-KORO IS THE BEST KILL ALL THE REST HURR!”. I’m just saying, that, y’know, this is a nice village, and I will defend its people. And not out of any issue of pride, but because if I don’t, some poor, inexperienced sap will, and probably die. Just like D--
A knife flips through the air, and I catch it. I stop thinking, and I flip the knife again. Again and again and again.
I look up from my position, perched on the edge of my bunk, and realize that I’m alone in the barracks. Figures; everyone’s probably having breakfast right now or something. I should probably join them, but I just don’t have the appetite for tasteless eggs and damp bread -- more than usual. I never want to eat after one of those nights.
God, Del--
A knife flips through the air.
“Hello Ussalman Dalrin Stratos.”
It clatters to the ground.
I leap to my feet, back straight, hand raised in salute and “Sir!” rolling off of my tongue like warm butter. I’m greeted to the sight of a powerfully-built Matoran decked out in plum and khaki and leather.
"Would you care to join your fellows of Ussalry Light Cavalry Squadron One in our next mission?" Colonel Gyn Kirsug asks, with a smile that seems utterly effortless.
I mentally quip that I don’t have much of a choice in the matter, but, let’s be frank, I’ve been itching for a mission lately. I mean, Rahkshi combat training isn’t bad, but there’s a difference between fighting the real deal and a Vo-Toa wearing re-purposed scrap armour. It’s sort of like the difference between a real omelette and the stuff they serve in mess -- it’s tolerable, but it’s definitely there and it’s indefinitely vast.
“Absolutely, sir!” I reply hastily, as if I’m trying to beat someone else to the punch even though I’m the only one here.
My response, though predictable, seems to please him, “Excellent! We shall rendezvous here at 545 hours. Dismissed.”
A nod later, and Kirsug was gone again, leaving me all alone with my unanswered questions -- What’s this mission going to entail? How long will it take? What supplies will we need? Where are we going? Why were we chosen for it? Is it secretive? Who are--
Yeah.
You get the picture.
My questions weren’t worth asking, so I filed them away for later reference and went on with what I was supposed to do best: following orders. Shouldering my MLCE and snatching up my fallen knife, I left for the stables -- hopefully there would be an Ussal for me over there.
Annnnnd, corny one-liner to finish!
-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

Larikon led the group to the largest structure in Darkmine: The Temple of Ak'rei'an. There, the eight-foot statue of the Archangel loomed eight feet tall. It was carved of sleek, black stone, and carved to the most intricate detail. In its hands lay the source of the Brotherhood's dark powers, the Purple Lightstone. The stone gave out an eerie, unearthly light, illuminating the white alter below.

Larikon and Jorruk took Krii, and placed her onto the alter. They took black leather straps, and tied her to the white stone. By now, she was awake, and desperately flailing around in an attempt to escape. Muffled screams echoed through the cavern. Larikon prodded along the sides, and found what he was looking for, four daggers, made of obsidian and matoran-bone, and a Mask of Undeath. He passed one each to Jorruk, Rakona, and Ira. As they were the ones going to participate in the ceremony.

He carefully took off Krii's gag, and then her Kanohi. Placing the Mask of Undeath upon her face, he gagged her again. Turning to Ira, he asked.

"Are you, Sir Ira, ready to recieve a blessing from the Archangel himself?"

IC: "Well, that's not too hard to find, I guess." Xodar nodded. "I probably should have noticed when I first came back." Then again, he had only just come back, and didn't recognise the sign on the hut.

The Lesterin of Stone grasped her dagger, looking over the ritual. Goran stood close behind her, like he always did. He was her zombie, and he was eternally loyal to her. Even from afar, he could perform tasks Rakona wished of him. And unlike the other zombies of the Brotherhood, he still acted like a normal person, and not a drooling, unfocused fool.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: "Well, that's not too hard to find, I guess." Xodar nodded. "I probably should have noticed when I first came back." Then again, he had only just come back, and didn't recognise the sign on the hut.

IC:"Yes, it's not to far away, so we might as well start walking." Takamaz turned, politely waving to Okajo and adding, "If you need anything, come and visit the forge." He beckoned for Xodor to follow.

OOC:Bijackal may return shortly, depending on how long it takes for Zeal to start posting in Po, so, Okajo might get some more interaction soon, X.

IC: Leli

A bubbly tune echoed out through the lightstone-lit streets of Onu-Koro, an off-beat melody that was at odds with the general weighty silence that filled the subterranean village of Earth. The though the humming was high-pitched and musical, it held within it deeper tones and fluctuations not uncommon to the rhythmic bass tones of the drums played within the city seemingly veiled in an eternal midnight.

The humming itself came from one equally out of place within the Koro of Earth, a small Le-Matoran who's mottled green and lime armor was only partially covered by the dark grey plates standard-issue to the Ussalry. She walked with a spring in her step, as if her body was physically incapable of staying within an area of space for too long, that further put her apart from the heavy footfalls of the burly Onu-Matoran that filled the streets around her. No one seemed to raise an eyebrow at the strange sight, and it wasn't just because of the Colonel's insignia that gleamed on the green Matoran's armor.

Her destination was the stables, a building partially built into the wall of the massive cavern that housed Onu-Koro. The humming dropped in volume as she approached, and seemed to go completely quiet as Leli entered the building.

However, the subtle tune could still be heard as she called out in a chirpy, almost singsong voice two names, "Ussalmatoran Sajis, Klugg?"

By the tone of her voice it was clear she was smiling, and her bright golden eyes showed it.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC:

Klugg looked up, his hand still waxing his ussal's carapace with a rag, the Onu-Koronan's grey gauntlets reflecting some of the dim light across the room. The round eyeholes built into his Kanohi gazed intently at his commanding officer, curiosity beaming outwards along with the orange rays of light.

"What is it, Ma'am?" The warrior asked, saluting with his other hand.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC:"Yes, it's not to far away, so we might as well start walking." Takamaz turned, politely waving to Okajo and adding, "If you need anything, come and visit the forge." He beckoned for Xodor to follow.

OOC:Bijackal may return shortly, depending on how long it takes for Zeal to start posting in Po, so, Okajo might get some more interaction soon, X.

IC: "Right behind you." Xodar gave a smile to Okajo before turning and walking with the Toa of Fire.

If I need anything. Other than finding Sibil or getting her an arm.

Okajo pondered if he needed anything in particular, and then he realized that he didn't have a job.

Or hadn't had one in a while, at least.

Okajo walked to the forge, seeing the two Toa disappear inside the building, and knocked on the door.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

IC: Sajis

As if she were a ghost, the Fa-Matoran quietly appeared next to her superior, head bowed to show deference. She had been wondering when her mission would be assigned, but the presence of her new commander was a sign that she would possibly be given a duty. Good - she had been awaiting the moment when order could be delivered to the people of the village.

"Orders?" she asked, stoic voice nearly a whisper.

"Do you happen to have any jobs at this forge?"

The question was sudden and abrupt. But it was a question asked somewhat sensibly.

IC: This produced a hearty chuckle from Takamaz. Recovering, he answered,"I can offer you part-time work, at least, when parts of the team are on mission. For full time work, we'd have to wait for the rest of the team to come back to approve such a hire. But that does bring up a question-what skills have you in the working of metal or crystal? Or perhaps leatherworking, or another craft of some kind?"

OOC EDIT:Miraul from Po and back in one post.

IC: Rushing to a fountain intended for public use, Miraul quickly filled twelve water bottles at Kakama speed. and then took off to the forge, remembering one other thing he had forgotten. He rushed into the forge via the back door-it seemed to him that there was a customer in front. Then he grabbed the metal cable he desired, and paused to say one thing to Divan:"You'll have this back shortly. Gotta run!"

A blur of gunmetal gray and black dashed out the door.

Edited by Tabby: Toa of Cats

IC: Takamaz guided the new worker to Divan's workroom. Turning to him, he said,"This is Okajo. He'd be interested in working here part time when some of the team are away. If you don't mind, I'd like you to assess him on his skill in metalworking."

"Sure. You know me-nothing I love more than metalwork." Divan smiled. In his hands he held a katana vertical, straight out in front of him, so that it would have passed between his eyes had you looked at him head on. His eyes were closed, as he focused his elemental power on making the edge razor sharp. Abruptly, he spun, slicing a bamboo plant being grown under an overhanging lightstone. He cleaved it neatly in two. "Excellent edge," he commented.

"Okajo, meet your assessor-Divan, Toa Akiru of Iron."

OOC:For your comprehension, Akiru is a Matoran word meaning "master of craftsmanship." It can also relate to general mastery of a subject.

IC: "I should also introduce Xodor, Toa of Earth. Apparently, he's new to being a Toa and would like some training and guidance, something that I will take care of until you are available or until Miraul returns. " Takamaz added.

Divan smiled, lowering the katana in his right hand, and offering his left in Toa salute. "Pleased to meet you."

Edited by Tabby: Toa of Cats

The matoran was almost stunned speechless by the Toa's skill with the sword, and how the Toa was able to sharpen the blade with his mind. Then again, the Toa was a Toa of Iron, so it was to be expected.

"Nice to meet you Divan."

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian