Do Bionicle Characters Have Blood And Humanoid Organs?

havn't been actice on here in a while, but anyways, title says it all, and im just wondering because i thought i remember in some books that descibes bionicles having organs,like when hali jumped into the murkey waters of Voya nui leading to Mahri nui to try to catch the ignika, it said her LUNGS wouldnt work or something like that. But blood, i thought i read somewhere in the books, but not sure. So if a toa got stabbed in the heart, would it die immediatly and bleed? If a bionicle gets cut with a sharp blade, would they get cut bleed or would it emit sparks from their armor?

Ghost_in_the_Shell_Sig_by_aose.jpg

"And where does the newborn go from here? The net is vast and infinite."

Yes, biomechanical beings from the MU had lungs and other organs, but we do not know the specifics. They do not have blood, though. I don't think they have hearts, either. Beings from Spherus Magana were, generally, completely organic.

Edited by Stocking Anarchy

AXKP5KC.png

Yes, they do have some organic organs (for example lungs, as you mentioned). However, whether or not some of the other organs (for example the brain) are organic is currently (and might very well remain) unknown.To add to what Stocking Anarchy said, though, I think that they don't have blood, but they just might have liquid protodermis not as blood, but as an internal lubricant. I can't say that with any degree of certainty, though, so I don't mean to say that that is definitely the case, but I have seen it discussed around here before.Also, to answer your blade question, because they wear metallic armor, it would likely produce sparks. However, if the movies are anything to go by, some internal circuitry might be exposed even with the armor on, and if that circuitry was cut it might release some electricity independent of the armor.

They do have hearts, but they appear to "pump" energy. Hence the heartlights in their chests. Limbs can be detached and survive, as we saw with the Toa Mata, so a liquid like blood would not work, but something like an energy field would.In general, the simple answer is that they are "biomechanical" -- they have both biological parts, mainly muscles, and mechanical parts, including a metal skeleton, pistons, sometimes gears, and armor. :)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

They do have hearts, but they appear to "pump" energy. Hence the heartlights in their chests. Limbs can be detached and survive, as we saw with the Toa Mata, so a liquid like blood would not work, but something like an energy field would.In general, the simple answer is that they are "biomechanical" -- they have both biological parts, mainly muscles, and mechanical parts, including a metal skeleton, pistons, sometimes gears, and armor. :)

Now, is the heartlight the actual "heart" or is it an external light to let you know the internal "heart" is still working? Also, what about Roodaka's case where it's just a decoration like stone? Furthermore isn't the only biological parts tissue that holds parts together?

or is it an external light to let you know the internal "heart" is still working?

It appears to be that. But it might be a "window into the heart" if the heart does indeed "pump energy".

Also, what about Roodaka's case where it's just a decoration like stone?

I'm talking about Matoran/Toa/Turaga. I'm not sure about the various other MU species, but it seems they're closer to Matoran than, say, to Agori.

Furthermore isn't the only biological parts tissue that holds parts together?

I don't understand the question; maybe a typo there. Could you restate?

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

But if they don't have blood, then why would they have lungs? The point of lungs is to supply oxygen to the body, and the blood carries it. If they don't have blood then how does oxygen travel? some sort of tubes? :shrugs:

What are we searching for? Are we searching for anything or just randomly surfing the internet? I did that once. I found this bionicle fan site called bzpower. Whoever made it had no decorating sense what so ever.

But if they don't have blood, then why would they have lungs? The point of lungs is to supply oxygen to the body, and the blood carries it. If they don't have blood then how does oxygen travel? some sort of tubes? :shrugs:

You're making assumptions based on our biology, but theirs is different. The blood carries it in us. A good way to answer this is, what is the point of oxygen in us? Don't miss that crucial point; it is to provide us with energy. You assume that oxygen must travel, but not necessarily.Imagine that most of our cells operated differently, and the purpose of the lungs was to provide oxygen (and thus energy) to a machine. This is an energy projector which uses a forcefield to project what we need to the other cells (even when the limbs are disconnected). This appears to be what's going on with MU beings.Main reason for it is that the vast majority of their body is mechanical, and there is no room for blood vessels. Also these would be ruined by "deconstruction" (as in Toa Mata Canisters 2001).

I know they have organs because I remember there was something about the Toa Inika having bigger lungs than Matoran, making them more able to hold their breath underwatetr for longer.Also, Vezok mentioned something similar about the Piraka in Inferno.

Lungs are confirmed; we don't know about other organs other than muscles, as far as I recall.

Regarding Roodaka, if I recall, she actually did have a blue heartlight that can be seen in the niche in her armor before she puts the Makuta stone there. Going by the movies, the Mata Nui Turaga didn't have heartlights, but Dume did, so probably just an oversight on the part of the animators. Otherwise, it seemed like everything that had organic parts had a heartlight, so I guess go by that; Rahkshi and Vahki had none, and neither did Makuta.Anyway, I was always under the impression that Matoran had some kind of lubricant that the heart pumps, but it wasn't blood like ours. I dunno, the biology of fictional species always made my head hurt if thought about too much, lol.

rahkshi_symbol.png

Anyway, I was always under the impression that Matoran had some kind of lubricant that the heart pumps, but it wasn't blood like ours.

That has never been officially denied as far as I know, but it suffers from the same problem as blood vessels would, as mentioned above. And if it was used anyways, disregarding those problems, then it begs the question of why not just use blood to begin with? Of course there is a good reason outside the story, from LEGO's rules, but other LEGO sets depict characters who do have blood, so wouldn't be necessary, and in-story it wouldn't make much sense.

Given the organical nature of the Spherus Magna inhabitants, I assume they have blood, just like all the other organs. As for the MU inhabitants, I'd say they have stuff like pipes used to transport oxygen around their systems and provide energy to their organs and other parts of their organic tissue.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

Spherus Magna inhabitants are in their natural state 100% organic (In other words, they look nothing like the sets or movies http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/tounge2.gif ). The Glatorian are pretty much humans, the Agori are pretty much hobbits.While I like to imagine Matoran Universe inhabitants as being biological organisms with mechanical exoskeletons (since I'm something of a biology geek), they really aren't. They are stated canonically to lack actual, human-like blood, but it is possible that they have something very similar. As for organs, they certainly have some kind, because they wouldn't be able to function otherwise. However, it is unlikely that those organs are very human-like, as much of their body is purely mechanical.

Weaver, Seeker, and Spark

"When the first living thing existed, I was there, waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave."

- Death, The Sandman

(Previously Toa Alaka)

Spherus Magna inhabitants are in their natural state 100% organic (In other words, they look nothing like the sets or movies http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/tounge2.gif ).

Actually they are about 15% mechanical via implants and added armor. Their outside appearances look like the sets. And movie forms of course are fully official.The contrast between MU/SM was stated by Greg to be that SM is 15% mechanical, 85% biological, and MU is vice versa.

As for organs, they certainly have some kind, because they wouldn't be able to function otherwise. However, it is unlikely that those organs are very human-like, as much of their body is purely mechanical.

Actually it's conceivable that no organs at all would be needed, only muscles, for them to be biomechanical. Mechanical lungs could replace the only known organs. Biological lungs are probably used simply because they're more efficient (same with muscles).

Quick note: It's been a year or two since I last took biology, so bear with me.

You're making assumptions based on our biology, but theirs is different. The blood carries it in us. A good way to answer this is, what is the point of oxygen in us? Don't miss that crucial point; it is to provide us with energy. You assume that oxygen must travel, but not necessarily.Imagine that most of our cells operated differently, and the purpose of the lungs was to provide oxygen (and thus energy) to a machine. This is an energy projector which uses a forcefield to project what we need to the other cells (even when the limbs are disconnected). This appears to be what's going on with MU beings.Main reason for it is that the vast majority of their body is mechanical, and there is no room for blood vessels. Also these would be ruined by "deconstruction" (as in Toa Mata Canisters 2001).

So, you suggest that the lungs not only take in oxygen, but also perform any necessary reactions to create "energy" (quotes for the vagueness of the term)? That would make sense, but doesn't it seem unnecessary, given that "energy" is absorbed directly from food most of the time? Not only would that make obtaining energy from air difficult--it would make it nearly impossible due to the certain lack of fuel (food). I suppose that the alternate possibility is that Matoran et al. somehow harness the strong nuclear force of atoms or the radiation from various unstable isotopes for supplemental energy.However, the fact that characters must hold their breath further complicates the matter. They must therefore obtain a large amount of energy from air (enough that they would die without breathing). Perhaps they just need to constantly repair muscles and other organs (if they have others) using oxygen!

Spherus Magna inhabitants are in their natural state 100% organic (In other words, they look nothing like the sets or movies http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/tounge2.gif ).

Actually they are about 15% mechanical via implants and added armor. Their outside appearances look like the sets. And movie forms of course are fully official.The contrast between MU/SM was stated by Greg to be that SM is 15% mechanical, 85% biological, and MU is vice versa.
I think that there was a misunderstanding here. Alaka wasn't saying that Spherus Magna inhabitants lack mechanical components. Implants and added armor, simply, would not be present "in [the SM inhabitants'] natural state," which I take to mean "as they appear without any intentional influence or modification." I can wear a helmet, but that doesn't mean the my head contains shiny plastic in its "natural state." :P~ BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

That would make sense, but doesn't it seem unnecessary, given that "energy" is absorbed directly from food most of the time?

We both eat and breathe too, so I don't see why. And for us they provide different requirements. The same could be true of them; Bionicle is filled with various kinds of energy. Breathing might make air elemental energy to name one obvious example, while eating provides 'life energy'.Or it could just be that breathing maintains a small influx of energy that slows the loss of life energy, but not enough to equalize it, so eating is necessary to recharge it.Edit: And yes, I missed the "natural state" there, sorry about that. Edited by bonesiii

or is it an external light to let you know the internal "heart" is still working?

It appears to be that. But it might be a "window into the heart" if the heart does indeed "pump energy".

Also, what about Roodaka's case where it's just a decoration like stone?

I'm talking about Matoran/Toa/Turaga. I'm not sure about the various other MU species, but it seems they're closer to Matoran than, say, to Agori.
Additional support for the 'pump energy' idea could be found in the fact that the Toa's elemental power energy was applied to Roodaka in this instance - the elemental spinners hit Roodaka, and the energy in those spinners was channeled to the stone through Roodaka's body.

woah this is kinda confusing lol, but I'll just go with what greg said, Glatorian are more organic than mechanical, and MU inhabitants are vise versa. Also another question, if a MU inhabiatant, lets say a toa got their arm cut off, would it hurt extemly bad, be like a pinch of pain, or just nothing really? I know it could be repairable through a complicated process i think. What about with a Glatorian/Agori?

Edited by Kv195

Ghost_in_the_Shell_Sig_by_aose.jpg

"And where does the newborn go from here? The net is vast and infinite."

woah this is kinda confusing lol, but I'll just go with what greg said, Glatorian are more organic than mechanical, and MU inhabitants are vise versa. Also another question, if a MU inhabiatant, lets say a toa got their arm cut off, would it hurt extemly bad, be like a pinch of pain, or just nothing really? I know it could be repairable through a complicated process i think. What about with a Glatorian/Agori?

For an Agori or Glatorian, breaking your arm would probably hurt as much as it does for us; for MU inhabitants, it would depend on what was damaged. If organic tissue was damaged, and it likely would be in this instance, it would be pretty painful.However, if less organic tissue was damaged than it was than when humans break their arms (which is likely), the pain would likely be less. Pain is usually an organism's reaction to organic damage; computers do not feel pain.

That would make sense, but doesn't it seem unnecessary, given that "energy" is absorbed directly from food most of the time?

We both eat and breathe too, so I don't see why. And for us they provide different requirements. The same could be true of them; Bionicle is filled with various kinds of energy. Breathing might make air elemental energy to name one obvious example, while eating provides 'life energy'.Or it could just be that breathing maintains a small influx of energy that slows the loss of life energy, but not enough to equalize it, so eating is necessary to recharge it.Edit: And yes, I missed the "natural state" there, sorry about that.
But we don't just take energy directly out of oxygen. In the human body (as well as that of any other animal, plant, bacteria, or archaea that performs aerobic cellular respiration), oxygen is used to oxidize food, so we can't just do one without the other: The two actually serve the same purpose. Oxygen is used in reactions that take food and make it into ATP, which can then be used for energy. One would get precisely no energy by just breathing. (As in, you can't do one without the other under any circumstances and hope to get any amount of energy.) Now, if Matoran actually absorbed molecules with potential energy (e.g., glucose) from food instead of just energy, this would make sense, but the science is really shaky right now.I personally prefer the alternate energy hypothesis. If the Matoran were to obtain a supplemental form of "energy" directly from oxygen (or really any other element or compound present in the atmosphere--say, nitrogen) through nuclear reactions, that would basically explain everything. Of course, we still have to fall back on nuclear (or similar) reactions to provide the Matoran with the energy itself.Alternatively, we can disregard energy and decide that Matoran, et al., need to constantly repair their organs, etc. and need a specific amount and/or type of the gases in the atmosphere to do so.Thus, we have four valid possibilities that have come up thus far:1. Nuclear reactions release strong nuclear force from the gases, and a series of further processes make the energy usable. This is used as one or more of many forms of energy.2. MU inhabitants' organs are constantly deteriorating at rates considerably more rapid than those found in life from Earth, so gases are used to repair said organs.3. The air acts as some sort of cooling system or "fan" as on a computer.4. Gases of any sort form the "energy force field" that sends out energy to the body.Note that in any case, exhalation is also present, so clearly the Matoran et al. do not use all gases that they inhale.

For an Agori or Glatorian, breaking your arm would probably hurt as much as it does for us; for MU inhabitants, it would depend on what was damaged. If organic tissue was damaged, and it likely would be in this instance, it would be pretty painful.However, if less organic tissue was damaged than it was than when humans break their arms (which is likely), the pain would likely be less. Pain is usually an organism's reaction to organic damage; computers do not feel pain.
I disagree. Computers may not feel pain, but that's because they aren't intended to survive on their own. A practical robot that could function completely alone, without any form of interference from its creators, and live for over one hundred thousand years would have to feel pain. Otherwise, Matoran would have no fears of dropping into lava, nor an aversion to limb loss.Of course, one could program them to avoid certain hazards, but there are hundreds of potential dangers in my family's home office alone. Thus, programming Matoran to know to avoid dangerous threats would not be practical. Furthermore, it wouldn't allow for much adaptation. We learn from touching a hot stove, as that pain allows us to discover what to avoid (and how to be safe around a hot stove).Organic material would probably hurt even more than mechanical components (out of the fact that it would not be necessary to program an artificial simulation of pain into organs), but the mechanical aspects would certainly feel a great deal of pain.~ BioGioEDIT: Added two other possibilities--one that recently came up and one I had forgotten. Edited by BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

But if it is only to supply energy then why did the Hahli almost drown?

What are we searching for? Are we searching for anything or just randomly surfing the internet? I did that once. I found this bionicle fan site called bzpower. Whoever made it had no decorating sense what so ever.

@BioGio: The bottom line of this whole thing is that the Matoran are not human.Matoran have armor plates (housings, at least) to surround and protect their mechanical and organic parts, if the movie versions we have bare any resemblance to reality. The only way to make mechanical parts "feel" pain is to put electrodes in them that would hook into the Matoran's organic nerve system (if they have one), which would hook to sensors on their metal "skin." I could go with that; this would allow the average Matoran to sense things in the environment, and to correspondingly avoid danger. But I'm talking about internal mechanisms, such as those in the arm. I really doubt the Great Beings would have taken pains to ensure that the exact signal from a broken mechanical part actually matched the signal from a broken organic part for pain. Matoran are supposed to keep operating, not break, so why would the Great Beings make a separate sensor system for mechanical damage only? Damage to armor in real life does not cause pain in humans. And if there is a mechanical failure in a Matoran, it most likely will affect organic parts somewhere. They are intertwined. The organic parts that are affected will send a signal of pain, eliminating the need for a separate system. The Great Beings didn't exactly have time to burn experimenting with pain in Matoran (planet exploding and all that) so I doubt they would have gone more than necessary.Now, on the energy and breathing thing, I would argue that the breathing might simply be, in part, a cooling mechanism. My computer has a fan. Also, air may be required to transfer the energy Matoran eat into energy their organic muscles can use. Perhaps mechanical parts use a different form of energy than organic parts, and gas is required to transfer between the two.

• Upvote 1

[1.] But I'm talking about internal mechanisms, such as those in the arm. I really doubt the Great Beings would have taken pains to ensure that the exact signal from a broken mechanical part actually matched the signal from a broken organic part for pain. Matoran are supposed to keep operating, not break, so why would the Great Beings make a separate sensor system for mechanical damage only? Damage to armor in real life does not cause pain in humans. And if there is a mechanical failure in a Matoran, it most likely will affect organic parts somewhere. They are intertwined. The organic parts that are affected will send a signal of pain, eliminating the need for a separate system. The Great Beings didn't exactly have time to burn experimenting with pain in Matoran (planet exploding and all that) so I doubt they would have gone more than necessary.[2.] Now, on the energy and breathing thing, I would argue that the breathing might simply be, in part, a cooling mechanism. My computer has a fan. Also, air may be required to transfer the energy Matoran eat into energy their organic muscles can use. Perhaps mechanical parts use a different form of energy than organic parts, and gas is required to transfer between the two.

1. Oh, now that makes a lot more sense; and the electrode system is basically exactly what I was imagining, but that whole response was something of an afterthought, so it's horrendously vague. I wasn't entirely sure that we were talking about the completely internal portions of the body. So, my bad. Still, it's worth noting the the two (mechanical and otherwise) cannot be too intertwined, given that Matoran are only 15% organic. I'd assume that there are likely some portions of the Matoran body that are completely mechanical (probably bones, armor, some degree of reinforcement for muscles, etc.). One system of external nerves "feeding into" the other, creating a single, unified nervous system, would probably be the most sensible answer to the mechanical pain question.2. Cooling mechanism seems possible, but it may open up questions as to the quantity. Energy transfer system is probably better. Perhaps the "energy force field" functions partially on oxygen or other gases from the lungs.~ BioGio Edited by BioGio

At first I just went the "Cave Story" route on their lungs, sort of: They are robotic and so don't need to breathe, and the air is there to keep the internal mechanics free of water and other harmful substances instead. This means that even though they don't breathe as we do, getting submerged and then filled with water will screw up their system to the point where it eventually just stops functioning.Then I remembered that you can choke a BIONICLE character with a vacuum as well, and at that point things get tricky. Obviously the air has some crucial function not related to normal, organic blood, but what? Could it be that the internal workings of a bio-mechanical being is somewhat dependent on pneumatics as well? While the MNOG is not entirely canon, Onua was seen visibly "exhaling" steam when he emerged from the ground in the Nui-Rama hive, and this was at a point in the series where a lot more focus was placed on the whole "mechanical" aspect (with people being dismantled, rebuilt, squeaking of gears, primitive machinery, etc).

A lot of good ideas, guys. I was also leaning towards the idea that maybe the heartlight would actually teleport oxygen atoms, although admittedly that seems like a stretch. It would fit the evidence though, as far as I know.But yeah, two different and complementary energies makes sense too.

Maybe the oxygen reacts with compounds to create a superconductor that is vital to Matoran survival, but the oxygen burns off as current passes through, leaving as carbon dioxide. Then, the matoran breathes out, expelling the waste gas. He then breathes in, restarting the cycle.

Edited by Chaos Dralcax

aouROFb.png

Glatorian/Agori have basically humanoid biology, just with mechanical implants/armor. (Think a person with prosthetics and wearing body armor). They eat, breathe, etc. just like we do.Matoran/Toa/Turaga are much more complex, mainly because we don't have an obvious real-world parallel to use as a comparison. They definitely have lungs, though, and I believe they also have a need for water/liquid protodermis (I remember reading something in one of the books about suffering from thirst due to drought. Island of Doom, maybe?) Though I wonder, do they drink water as usual (in which case I would assume it acts as some sort of lubricant/source of electric polarity) or just absorb energy from it like they do with food?Also, is the "deconstruction" thing canon or was that retconned? I can't remember any instances of an MU inhabitant "deconstructing/reconstructing" him or herself other than the Toa Mata in early '01 story. Seems odd that something like that would just never be mentioned again but still be canon... :shrug: If it's canon, though, then blood/circulation of any kind is definitely out, at least for Matoran etc. Speaking of blood, I don't remember what the final decision on the red stuff on Pridak's blades was. I remember it was originally said to be blood, then that was changed due to it seeming too violent for the age group, then debated for a while...if it is blood, then I would guess it was Rahi blood or something, which would make more sense.:mirunu: Lewa0111 Nuva :mirunu:

My Script Comedies: | The Nuva Inn Remake | Ask Matau! Remake (ACCEPTING QUESTIONS!) |

My Prose Comedies: | The BZ-Nui Hack Wars | Mata Nova |

ANNOUNCEMENT: The Nuva Inn is BACK IN BUSINESS!! (See my blog for more info on my writing projects)

ANNOUNCEMENT 2: Looking for voice actors and artists/animators for an upcoming video project! PM me if interested!

if you read the final battle legends something it said they had muscles they have lungs as you said but they do have something like a heart in movie 3 they say heart stone so that would be there heart. and for blood well in movie 1 tahu nuva got a cut on a flesh part on his mask but no blood came out

one day this will contain greatness only the best. But take this with the ocean of salt then you will know what to expect from this

Also, is the "deconstruction" thing canon or was that retconned? I can't remember any instances of an MU inhabitant "deconstructing/reconstructing" him or herself other than the Toa Mata in early '01 story. Seems odd that something like that would just never be mentioned again but still be canon... :shrug:

After the Bohrok invasion and defeat of the Bohrok-Kal, the Matoran of Mata Nui rebuilt themselves from their weakened "McToran" forms to larger and stronger forms that more closely resembled how they appeared prior to being put in the spheres by Makuta. Furthermore, Karzanhi regularly rebuilt Matoran (although he had the effect of substantially weakening them).Now, the precise process and degree to which (i.e., whether it ever reached the point of removing limbs) "rebuilding" requires the disassembling of the Matoran is unclear. Despite the uncertainty, it's rather clear that there are significant differences that occur, implying that it is necessary to completely reassemble much of the Matoran. Losing a limb and snapping it back on doesn't seem like much compared to truly re-making oneself.~ BioGio

Hmmm, your post reminds me of something(off topic?): Where do the rebuild pieces, besides the ones that WERE there, come from? For instance Kazi's blue Bohrok eyes (The Mahri Nui/ Northern Continent Matoran forms didn't have them) and the rebuilt Mataran's body pieces/gears/etc. (Geez, where'd those things come from???) Plus, how do the Matoran's systems reconfigure for the smaller/larger/just plain different form? Are they somehow completely modular and universally adaptable?Which reminds me of more stuff: What about transformations? How does that work? And what about Matoran Nui? And what about the end of Bohrok Online Animations where Jaller blushed sitting with Hahli? And what about... ehhh, I'll stop there.

toatanusignature.png

Yes, biomechanical beings from the MU had lungs and other organs, but we do not know the specifics. They do not have blood, though. I don't think they have hearts, either.Beings from Spherus Magna Bara-Magna were, generally, completely organic.

Fixed.

Hmmm, your post reminds me of something(off topic?): Where do the rebuild pieces, besides the ones that WERE there, come from? For instance Kazi's blue Bohrok eyes (The Mahri Nui/ Northern Continent Matoran forms didn't have them) and the rebuilt Mataran's body pieces/gears/etc. (Geez, where'd those things come from???) Plus, how do the Matoran's systems reconfigure for the smaller/larger/just plain different form? Are they somehow completely modular and universally adaptable?Which reminds me of more stuff: What about transformations? How does that work? And what about Matoran Nui? And what about the end of Bohrok Online Animations where Jaller blushed sitting with Hahli? And what about... ehhh, I'll stop there.

I think they did have blood,but i'm not sure about the transforming,how could it happen? And how could the Tohunga get rebuild into more powerful forms,and where did the Turaga get the parts to do so?-CDP

Coming June 22nd: Your chance to become an ECC critic! Power of the pen in your hands!

Pieces for rebuilding were almost surely built in the same locations as whole Matoran were. Karzanhi, after all, would have needed a lot of such pieces, so he was clearly capable of producing them en masse.The Turaga most likely brought additional supplies for rebuilding with them when they traveled from Metru Nui. Alternatively, some of the materials could have been taken from Bohrok, although that's a bit less likely, as the Bohrok parts might not "integrate" fully with Matoran systems. The Matoran systems must be substantially adaptable, as they were mostly mechanical (and intended to be able to continue on for quite a while--which must require substantial repairs). Making them less compatible would have been highly imprudent.The topic of transformations has had dozens of theories--there's one currently about the change from Matoran to Toa. The Bohrok Animations were always considered non-canon (except where portraying otherwise canon events). There was no such romance in the MU.

Yes, biomechanical beings from the MU had lungs and other organs, but we do not know the specifics. They do not have blood, though. I don't think they have hearts, either.Beings from Spherus Magna Bara-Magna were, generally, completely organic.

Fixed.

I think they did have blood,but i'm not sure about the transforming,how could it happen? And how could the Tohunga get rebuild into more powerful forms,and where did the Turaga get the parts to do so?-CDP
First of all, Bara Magna came from Spherus Magna, so all of the beings there did as well. We've already determined that Matoran lack blood, as they lack blood vessels (due to the possibility of detaching limbs and rebuilding)--unless you can find a reference to blood anywhere in the canon. The precise process of rebuilding is currently unknown and will remain that way. We do know that it happened canonically and everything, and that the changes were clearly substantial. For further answers, see above.~ BioGio

i know this might not be canon but i recall there was a scene in mask of light when tahu nuva's mask is scarred and you can see a green liquid on it(which i always thought was bloods), if you guys here says they don't have bloods, what is that ?

i seem to recall that wwas Lehrahk's poison.

"Only the insane equate pain with success.

Only the savage regard endurance of pain as a measure of worth.

Only the foolish consider pain to be just wages for being different".- The Cheshire Cat (American McGee's Alice/Alice:Madness Returns)

I found this picture some time ago and saved it to my computer. Maybe it's some help :)

It is actually extremely helpful, as I feel it proves the necessity of a partial (or complete) nervous system for the mechanical components of Matoran. We see that some portions of the Toa's body are exclusively "skeleton" with no "muscle." Now, unless there are, for some reason or another, other organic components located in these portions of the body, there would be no way for a Toa to realize they had been damaged there without any sort of nerves embedded in their machinery (even if the nerves were just in the metal "skin" or top of the armor).~ BioGio

• 3 weeks later...

I will say that i feel that the muscles of a bionicle body are more like the neurons of are body where it send data from the brain to all the neurons. so that is why i think that they can re-attach the limbs so easily because they of that.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I will say that i feel that the muscles of a bionicle body are more like the neurons of are body where it send data from the brain to all the neurons. so that is why i think that they can re-attach the limbs so easily because they of that.

Real-life neurons in human bodies do not repair themselves when damaged and do not repair connections when placed back together. Could you clarify what you mean by "neurons" Something mechanical or electrical that can pull itself apart and be put back together like a chain?