• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

BBC Contest #65 Preliminary Poll Jose Carioca

bbc contest 65

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

Poll: BBC Contest #65 Preliminary Poll Jose Carioca (82 member(s) have cast votes)

BBC Contest #65 Preliminary Poll Jose Carioca

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Offline Tufi Piyufi

Tufi Piyufi
  • Forum Administrators
  • Forgetful Monarch

• 24-November 02
  • 10,466 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Jun 24 2013 - 07:35 PM

Preliminary Poll Jose CariocaBBC Contest #65: [color=#000080;]For the Birds![/color]Here we are... it's the first round of voting for BBC Contest #65: For the Birds!Two entries from each poll will advance, as well as two overall wildcards.Preliminary Voting begins June 24th and ends June 27nd at 11:59 P.M. EST.Final Voting begins August 3rd and ends August 4th at 11:59 P.M. EST.The contest winner and final voting results will be posted in a separate thread on August 6th.---------------------------------------------------------BZP Rules and Guidelines---------------------------------------------------------1. Posted Image >>> Penguin2. Posted Image >>> Cyanistes caeruleus3. Posted Image >>> Hydroenix4. Posted Image >>> Buzzy The Hummingbird5. Posted Image >>> Terror Bird6. Posted Image >>> Hummaera7. Posted Image >>> Yellow-bellied Silverwing8. Posted Image >>> Kahu9. Posted Image >>> Modra Bird
Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!

#2 Offline Arpy

Arpy
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Pahrak-Kal Melted

• 09-January 02
  • 4,530 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Jun 24 2013 - 08:02 PM

Terror Bird is the clear choice. Does an excellent job of capturing its source material, and the stubby flightless wings are totes adorbs. 8 is interesting in a 2001-ish sort of way...would not be out of place in the MNOLG.

tumblr_mqdlmepiG01rf11n3o1_500.png

#3 Offline The Phantom Terror

The Phantom Terror
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 18-February 13
  • 1,275 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 24 2013 - 08:12 PM

Why do they have to pit Buzzy against Terror Bird against Cyanistes?

I voted #4. The simplicity is incredible and Buzzy is adorable.

Edited by Phantom Terror, Jun 24 2013 - 08:31 PM.

14612551615_f885b55eb5_o.jpg

|+| Flickr |+| MOCpages |+| Facebook |+| YouTube |+|

|+| Rock Raiders United |+| SOLISMagna |+| Tumblr |+| TTV |+|

#4 Offline Sumiki

Sumiki
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Hat Enterprises CEO

• 04-September 06
  • 11,371 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Jun 24 2013 - 08:58 PM

[font="Palatino;"]Man oh man oh man. This is a tough one. The penguin is unique in the contest as far as I'm aware of, the hummingbird is really cute (although color wise it's not particularly accurate), the Terror Bird is just splendid, and the Hummaera is strikingly detailed. In the end, though ... Terror Bird, with Hummaera a very close second. Would love to see both in the finals, though.[/font]

tumblr_ngen45A4Ri1tryxewo3_1280.png

#5 Online xccj

xccj
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Senior Staff Mask Maker

• 17-January 03
  • 6,542 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Jun 24 2013 - 09:05 PM

I always vote for myself in the prelims, usually the only vote I get... but I like the Terror Bird and I hope it does well!

:music:

b-bolin-03.jpg

#6 Offline ~Legoman~

~Legoman~
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 21-May 08
  • 833 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 24 2013 - 10:48 PM

Voted for myself 'cause that's just what I do, but the Terror Bird is the clear winner here. Probably my favorite in the contest, actually.

My Brickshelf and My Flickr
Posted Image
"Why waste time learning when ignorance is instantaneous?" ~ Calvin and Hobbes

#7 Offline Captain Caboose

Captain Caboose
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 07-December 12
  • 1,543 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 24 2013 - 10:53 PM

All were so good, but I had to go with Kahu. But after looking at Terror Bird, I should have gone for it, since it truly shows the prehistoric bird's identity.

BZPRPG Profiles

Flaredrick Seria - Potas -'Jet Fire' -'Razor'- 'Infector' - Reso 'Vo - Kasrar 'V- Ludvin va Betravo - Vallen Tor - Molvr Kalr

#8 Offline Senrab

Senrab
  • Members
  • Toa

• 13-February 09
  • 193 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 24 2013 - 11:40 PM

Urgh, why did I have to be put against the terrorbird. >.<

Really though, that thing is super cool.

3DS FC: 0216 - 1922 - 2231

#9 Offline Bundalings

Bundalings
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 20-March 06
  • 3,234 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jun 24 2013 - 11:46 PM

I voted for myself (#5), because... I'm not a good person, I guess. I love the Kahu, though. I wish it had some color but it's a great revamp in the old style.

Edited by Bundalings, Jun 25 2013 - 01:36 AM.

skiddo.png.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

#10 Online Ballom

Ballom
  • Premier Member
  • Morbuzakh Destroyed

• 13-June 06
  • 9,673 posts

Posted Jun 25 2013 - 12:49 AM

I voted for my entry, the Hummaera, but the Terror Bird is a close second, being awesome and very well-designed.~B~

sands_banner.jpg

#11 Offline Space: Ocean of Awe

Space: Ocean of Awe
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 12-January 11
  • 266 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 25 2013 - 12:50 AM

Such brilliant entries. I was torn between Terror Bird, Kahu, and the Midrange Bird. I went with the latter in the end...there's just something about those colours.=)

"Baby, in the final analyses, love is power. That's where the power's at."

#12 Offline Gamzee Makara

Gamzee Makara
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 18-June 10
  • 2,250 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 25 2013 - 01:20 AM

[color=#4b0082;][font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]I had a hard time between the Hummaera and the Terror Bird (and let's face it, you loved the penguin too), but the Hummaera won me over with its wonderful aesthetic and realistic look.[/color][/font]

[color=#4b0082;][font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]Wonderful entries from everyone this round, best of luck to all![/color][/font]

gamdance.gif

gamdance.gif    mspabanne6.gif    gamdance.gif

gamdance.gif                                       gamdance.gif                                       gamdance.gif

#13 Offline Taipu1

Taipu1
  • Premier Member
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 20-April 06
  • 2,784 posts

Posted Jun 25 2013 - 07:20 AM

Am I the only person who didn't vote for their own entry?  Terror bird is really brilliant, but I'm just feeling the MNOG nostalgia of that Kahu.  Nostalgia beats even my own desire to win.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

#14 Offline Obsessionist

Obsessionist
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • World's Only Gnomish Hylian

• 28-January 10
  • 1,281 posts

Posted Jun 25 2013 - 08:37 AM

This is tough.  Terror Bird is great, but in the end I think that Kahu looks more polished.  I usually find exposed, square technic to be a fault in MOCs, but Kahu, even setting nostalgia aside, makes it work.  It just looks the best out of this poll's offerings.

Posted Image

#15 Offline Makaru

Makaru
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Senior Not So Grump

• 15-March 03
  • 11,572 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Jun 25 2013 - 12:23 PM

Hummaera is my fave of this group. Great colours and form.

15863389948_205b2ce1e0.jpg

Yes I can see now, we're having fun in the end

Now it all makes sense

#16 Online Click

Click
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 25-May 09
  • 1,981 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 25 2013 - 09:47 PM

Almost voted for the Terror Bird, but I figured it was well represented, so I gave my vote to the Modra Bird because of it's great use of parts and flow, especially on the feet and tail. Should have self-voted though. I don't have any votes!

~click.gif

tohu_head_by_0nuku-d88efx4.jpg

Thanks for voting Tohu 2015, winner of GAC #21, A Picture is Worth a Thousand Likes!

Rahkshi Corpus Profiles BZPRPG (inactive)The Scarabax Library | Flickr | Deviantart

Latest Blog Entry: Art to MOC Contest!

#17 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Another Chir Brother

• 04-September 06
  • 4,812 posts

Posted Jun 26 2013 - 11:05 AM

C. Caeruleus is a remarkably retro design that really speaks to me in a historical sense. However, I feel it lacks some degree of character. It might have helped if its eyes were more visible. Its wings are somewhat blocky and it is hard to judge whether they would look any good when outstretched.Buzzy is the most successful micro-MOC in this contest, even with so many colors in his color scheme. I also don't like its reliance on rubber bands, which are somewhat distracting when this exposed on a MOC this small.The terror bird is incredibly amusing, with a design that is equal parts fearsome and comical. Streamlined, too, which is impressive on a model this pudgy. But it is not as recognizably bird-like as the MOCs that imitate more typical modern birds.Hummaera has a very bright and ornate color scheme, cute proportions, good articulation, and a good balance of smooth and detailed textures.The Kahu has a very unified mechanical aesthetic, but it loses some of its birdlike quality in the process. It is also not very exciting with regard to colors. The gears would be more impressive if they had a more significant function, rather than being merely for looks. As it is, the model is more functional than the original Kahu, but visually not nearly as impressive.In the end I voted Hummaera. :)

Posted Image recommends the following sites:
Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#18 Offline Steve the Squid

Steve the Squid
  • BioniLUG Member
  • Members
  • Modalt Mask Merchant

• 15-June 12
  • 163 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 26 2013 - 01:25 PM

It was between the Hummingbird and the Terror Bird, but I couldn't vote for Bunda because of the legs. Non-integrated pistons are just something I "can't stand for!"

ba-dum *tish*

In any case, I hope they are the two that make it!

animated_icon_by_modaltmasks-d6shs5w.gifmodalt_banner.png  76561198054169989.png

#19 Offline Phantomesque

Phantomesque
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 23-March 10
  • 701 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 26 2013 - 05:34 PM

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"][color=rgb(128,0,128);]Ouch! This was a really good batch of entries.[/color][/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"][color=rgb(128,0,128);]Hmm, the entries that stood out for me were Terror, Cyanistes, Hummaera, Kahu, Modra, and Buzzy.[/color][/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"][color=rgb(128,0,128);]Down to the wire with details, my absoulute favorites were Terror, Cyanistes and Hummaera.[/color][/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"][color=rgb(128,0,128);]With the flow of nice details and a very nice color scheme, Hummaera gets my vote.[/color][/font]

Edited by Phantomesque, Jun 26 2013 - 05:37 PM.

EH5Tbhq.png

#20 Offline Shine

Shine
  • Blog Assistants
  • Senior Staff

• 14-May 06
  • 3,458 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Jun 26 2013 - 07:53 PM

Terror Bird was good enough to make me log back in to vote for it.

despite that he saw blatant similarity
he struggled to find distinctive moiety
all he found was vulgar superficiality
but he focused it to sharpness
and shared it with the others
it signified his anger and his misery

them and us

#21 Offline Ektris

Ektris
  • Premier Member
  • Island Enslaved

• 22-July 03
  • 13,302 posts

Posted Jun 26 2013 - 09:37 PM

The Terror Bird is really cool... even if it took me a while just to find the wings. :P~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

#22 Online ShadowWolfHount

ShadowWolfHount
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 13-October 12
  • 931 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 27 2013 - 02:20 AM

I vote for 4 because that bird is so cute and the color fit great.

image.php?u=47115&dateline=1334913320

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui: 
Flickr 10.gif MOCpages 10.gif Youtube

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users