Marvel Rebirth: Discussion

The former head of MACE with enough blackmail on congress to get himself a generalship. No questions asked.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Hahahaahaha, making an enemy out of the former head of MACE, what a swell idea. =P

Well, I did model him after several rather-controversial entertainment figures,

And yes, Cody has my approval.

Edited by Mr. House
I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC: Tokiomi

One hour prior...

Tokiomi was doing something he shouldn't be doing.

Simply put, he was watching TV while driving. Driving through New York's downtown

Specifically, he was watching the Vince Jackson Jr show. Despite Agent Jericho calling him for work, he needed to see this. Specifically, he wondered what the ###### Yuri Alexandrov was doing on that show. Sighing as he watched the events of the show (and at the high amount of data being used), he activated a device of sorts.

"Send a message to Yuri Alexandrov, or his press agent, if the man is not available," Tokiomi said, talking to some sort of AI connected to his phone, "and ask him what the ###### is he doing on that show. Also text Vince Jackson Jr under the name '4' and tell him that he could be charged with hate speech if Yuri felt like it. Tell the General this too."

One hour later...

Tokiomi ahd just crossed the border into New Jersey. "This is going to be a long road trip..."

Being the controversy-magnet I made him to be, Vince will have an army of network-backed lawyers to back him up. Cash cowdom has its advantages.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

Um...Cupcake Killer's character (Sierra/Song) wants to register, but I (and by extension, Peter) don't know the registration process. What should he do?

There's a main office at the Institute with a secretary who handles all outside visitors and applicants. Send him to her.

(i just made this up but it's canon now b/c we need it c:)

Here's another import

Sam Mercer

Name: Sam MercerCodename: GhostGender: MaleAge: 17Loyalties/Faction: SHIELD, Black-Ops and Assassination divisionPower(S): Invisibility and super-speed. These powers used separate, they can work for about two hours. This is Sam traveling at about 80 Mph, and the invisibility good enough to fool normal eyesight. Sam can put more power into either ability, letting him go faster, or be better blended in, fooling superhuman eyesight, but at the cost of usage time.If used together at the same time, Sam has about 20 minutes, and then he will pass out from over-exertion. At 10 minutes, he starts to feel the affects of fatigue.Appearance: Sam stands tall at 5'10”, and comes in at a lean 190 pounds of almost pure muscle. His eyes are a pale blue, and his face has angular features, but are most hidden by the hood that Sam almost always has up. The hooide is black, and his cargo jeans are the same color, along with his special make running shoes, so that they can keep up with the speeds he can put on if needed.Weapons: Sam uses a set of hidden blades that work on a spring-loaded system, so as to be enable him to flick them out with only a slight pull of the cord. Sam also has about 5 throwing knives on him at any give time in-between missions. Keeps on normal knife to use if his hidden blades would be an unwise combat choiceSkills: Expert knife fighter, quick thinker, and can parkour around an area pretty well. Is well versed in the art of assassination, and is able to work solo with few problems, and is good at doing recon of an area.Personality: For a person trained their whole life to kill, Sam is a very caring person. He will look over the people he calls friends, while his targets and enemies he feels no mercy, no remorse for. Broken, maybe. Inhuman? no. To those he hasn't made a friend of, Sam seems a bit quite on mission, talkative outside one, and cold around.Weakness: Sam isn't what one would call a team player. He can make friends, but in the field, Sam is used to solo work. It would take Sam a while to adjust to working with a team. Also, has the same weaknesses as a normal person. Stab him, he bleeds, hit him with bullets, he going down in pain. No whether he gets back up is dependent on where you land the hit.Bio: Sam Mercer was born into a line of assassins. His family, for generations had been assassins, working for ever was paying highest. With a family history soaked in blood, Sam and his sister Carli trained from the time they could walk. At the age of ten, the sibling were told of their bloody family history. Sam embraced it, his powers letting him be a natural it seemed. His sister, shocked by the family history, ran from home.Sam either didn't notice or didn't care. He threw himself into his training, hoping to be the best assassin that he could be. Sadly, by his 15th birthday, Sam had attracted the attention of Weapon-X, and with his parents under the gun, accepted working with the organization. Sam hated it. The place went against every moral Sam had. His main one being leaving civilians out of the way, no collateral damage. Working with Weapon-X taught Sam how to turn off his emotions it seemed, and he kept them off, until the raid at Xaiver's School.When the X-Men came back to save their own, Sam went on the offensive against Weapon-X, killing a lot of their soldiers during the fire-fight. Near the end of the fire-fight, Sam, along with a few of the other Weapons, met Romulus, who offered them a position in the Hellfire club. Taking the chance, Sam accepted, and he wasn't there long.Apparently the Club went under some reforms while Sam had been out for to get a bite to eat. Not knowing how it could play out, Sam went to ground, changing his cover name from the very creative 'Assassin' to 'Ghost', as his parents had called his movements that near the end of his training.During the Battle for New York, Sam saw his sister for the first time in years, and he also saw her get gunned down by overwhelming HYDRA forces. A handgun and sword simply couldn't hold out forever against a large amount of assault rifles. Sam broke down, and picking up his sister's sword, he went to town on the troops, slaughtering at least 20 of them before the battle was over.Going over to his sister's body, he noticed she wore a SHIELD uniform, and wanting to remember her in some way, went to join SHIELD and help. They took him on, and sent him to their Black-Ops unit, seeing as his specialties would be put use there very well.

Darkest Days are here, and Sam would be one to hope they stay. His fighting is best done in the shade.

Edited by thelonewander

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

Eeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhh. I'm not inclined to think that being able to run super speed for two solid hours is a great idea, that's some pretty significant endurance. But I'll let my fellow staff weigh in.

I, for the moment, have one more character. Technically old, so little used that they're almost new.

Name: Tera Laurent

Codename: None

Faction: None

Power(S): Tera has a very unusual ability. It could most likely be classified as a subset of shapeshifting, but it differs in one very crucial aspect. Instead of becoming living creatures, she instead becomes weapons. Primarily melee weapons, but she is capable of becoming a ranged weapon if she so desires. Ranged weapons fire projectiles fashioned of energy, and as such tire her more quickly, though their use is possible. She can also shift just a single part of her body, for instance turning her arm into a blade or something of that nature. In a weapon configuration, she is capable of communicating telepathically with anyone touching said weapon.

Appearance: Tera is of average height, with brown hair reaching down to her shoulders. Her eyes are hazel in color, their hue shifting in the light as much as her form can shift, ranging from almost gold to green. Her clothes are meant to blend in with the crowd around her, most often in the form of jeans and solid colored shirts, coupled with non-descript shoes. All in all, she seems to blend in with the crowd, as ordinary as possible. In truth, she's rather pretty, but she does her best to downplay her features to the point of being average.

Weapons: None

Skills: Despite her pacifistic behavior, Tera is an accomplished martial artist. For her, its more of a way to practice control of her body than anything else. Shes also an avid reader, and can speak several languages. Already reasonably versed in first aid before the Battle for New York, she has since spent significant time polishing those skills.

Personality: In a way, Tera couldnt have had a more ironic power. She despises fighting. In fact, she herself is a pacifist. As such, she refuses to ever use her powers, even though she understands how they work quite well. She tends toward a quiet if cheerful disposition, and shes always friendly to anyone she meets. Its rather difficult to get on her bad side, though there are a few very quick ways to doing so, not the least of which is assaulting anyone in her presence. Attack her, fine. Attack someone else, and she might just be tempted to bend her rule of pacifism.

Weakness: Tera's greatest weakness is a self-imposed one; prompting her to raise a finger in self-defense is incredibly difficult. Even if she does, she cannot use the full extent of her abilities without a partner.

Bio: Tera, for the first eighteen years of her life, led a normal one. Born and raised in New York City, she was an able student, both academically, and in her martial arts. From the age of seven she tried a wide variety of disciplines, eventually picking a small handful of them that she was interested in mastering.But come her junior year, everything changed. An attempted mugging caused her to turn her arm into a shield on reflex, blocking her assailant's attempted attack. Within a few moments, she had sent him packing with a few new bruises. But it was too late. When word of her mutant status got around, she was harassed endlessly, unfortunate in that she had chosen not to fight back. Her grades slipped as she spent more and more time in the hospital, and come senior year, she had dropped out of school entirely. Thus was the pattern for the last two years of her life. She briefly attended the Institute, and returned home only in time to be caught in the Battle for New York. Said battle marked the only time in recent history that she has used her powers, in this case, to defend a set of civilians. Her arms turned to shields, when Hydra was eventually beaten back, she was found barely conscious blocking an alleyway, a small group of citizens huddled behind her. She departed before anyone could get her name, though unknowingly, she landed herself on a SHIELD watch-list. Since then, life has more or less been as usual, though the harassment by other citizens has lessened as of late

Edited by Simon the Digger

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Hm. All this normal-everyday happy stuff is making me nervous.

Because to go fourteen pages without something going terribly wrong is....uh...well.

I feel like the RPG is trying to lure me into a false sense of security.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

@ Snark: If i dropped it to half an hour of super-speed, would that work better?

Edited by thelonewander

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

Because to go fourteen pages without something going terribly wrong is....uh...well.

C'mon. Why would anyone really want to do that, besides a sickeningly deep-rooted sense of natural sadism?

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

@ Snark: If i dropped it to half an hour of super-speed, would that work better?

That's not really the point. The point I'm getting at is that if we take that level of endurance and apply it to a fight scenario, there are issues.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Just remember, HYDRA.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Hm. All this normal-everyday happy stuff is making me nervous. Because to go fourteen pages without something going terribly wrong is....uh...well. I feel like the RPG is trying to lure me into a false sense of security.

barney+chair+swivel.gifWhat could possibly give you that idea?

fK5oqYf.jpg

Hm. All this normal-everyday happy stuff is making me nervous. Because to go fourteen pages without something going terribly wrong is....uh...well. I feel like the RPG is trying to lure me into a false sense of security.

barney+chair+swivel.gifWhat could possibly give you that idea?

EEEEEEEEEEEEEE NPH <3 <3 <3

Regardless. The sudden popularity of the Vampire concept has caused me to reconsider some characters I had planned. Not saying anything against all the people now playing vampire characters, but I think they're well-represented in the RPG right now.

I am going to look through all my lovely sanity-blasting Lovecraft sourcebooks for inspiration.

Sing it with me now.

Woo. Time to bring some Darkest Days profiles back.

Erin Banner

Name: Erin Banner
Codename: Xi (based on what he signs most of his papers with).

Loyalties/Faction: SHIELD, all the people in the Avengers.
Powers: Erin has the ability to, due to damaged DNA passed through his family, increase his strength to phenomenal levels, such that even a mutant with super-strength would go "Wow, he's strong," able to pick up many items around and throw them about for weapons.

He can also harden his skin to such a metallic strength that most pistol-strength bullets will bounce aside, or leave dents, which become bruises once his power is lowered down. A rifle-strength bullet will still punch through. And a weapon like a knife, staff, or sword, well...those will just bounce off, in most cases.

And, lastly, he can memorize any action he sees, and memorize it faster if its something he does, allowing him to both do the action, and do the reverse of the action-such as, say, disassembling a gun, and later on, given the parts, he can quickly re-assemble/make the first assembling of a weapon.

Appearance: In his normal appearance, he is somewhat tall, just over 6' tall, with messy brown hair and a face that seems in a perpetual state of unshaven-ness. He also appears to be rather thin at the same time, with a half-starved appearance, depending on when last he ate, though he isn't bony. As well, his eyes would normally appear to be black, but on close inspection they are a dark, blood-red colour.

When his powers are activated, his stature increases, his height going up about six inches, muscles seeming to bulge, slightly, as his skin goes from its normal tanned tone to a dark grey, almost black, his voice going down in range from its normal baritone to a growling bass.

Weapons: Whatever he decides to pick up and attack with, in his active state. In his normal state, he generally keeps a vintage M1911 on him, that is still perfectly functional, due to his administrations...likely even more functional than before. It also has an added rail on the bottom of the barrel/slide assembly, just in front of the trigger, to add something like a laser pointer or tactical flashlight.

Skills: Erin has, in the past, been mistaken for a Technopath due to his great memory and affinity for technology of all kinds, including his penchant for designing new items, given free time, though anything he's seen making is either something he's made before, or he is just learning to make, the latter with many more mistakes than one would expect of him. As well, he has practiced for years with his pistol, being now a crack shot, with accuracy just short of that of a Military Sniper.

Personality: Erin is a rather likeable fellow, if you can get him to open up to you-normally he'll stay in his room, moving about and constantly designing/creating/restoring things, or reading from a book or on a computer, however, with some of his closer friends dragging him about, he's started to be rather well re-integrated into society. Otherwise he can seem, at times, bitter and vitriolic, depending on how his day is going, or just a calm, polite individual just trying to stay out of others' way. He had a slight problem with anger management in the past, and though he's rather well overcome that, he can be prone, at times, to fits of rage, which could lead to his accidentally activating his powers.

Weakness: When enraged to a certain point, or subjected to pain, or, some may say, enough alcohol, Erin will inadvertently activate his powers, bashing through friend and foe alike as he attempts to get away, giving no heed to any collateral damage he may cause. As well, anything of rifle-strength will bash through his natural armour, causing him harm, especially because he has no healing factor. As well, his eyes are completely unprotected. If you can hit those, you're good.

Biography: Little is known about the reclusive Erin Banner, including whether or not he is related to the older Bruce Banner, though his powers may seem to indicate such a relationship. In actuality he was an adoptee, an abandoned, lonely, angry child who Bruce had met one day and decided to take in, to teach him to better control his powers. He was also the one to learn of Erin's love of building anything, and began to teach him some of his knowledge of science and technology, before leaving Erin to run on his own path. Soon enough he was recruited to play Avenger, much as his father was, and has helped with that group for the last year or so.

Morrison Kowase

Name: Morrison Kowase
Codename: Kitsune
Age: 18, in Human form...Actually around four centuries old.
Loyalties/Faction: X-Men, himself, Inari.
Powers: Morrison, as his personality shows, is an animal lover...And this is directly evidenced by his powers, all of which relate to animals...in one way or another. He can speak to animals, as the main part of it, able to sway them to his side if he needs it (this persuasive ability doesn't always work so well on an animal, like, say, another human), or just call them to battle. Normally, however, he contents himself with their company, displaying his extreme affinity for them.

The next power after that relates to the first, and is also easily applicable to general humans as well, is that he is an empath, able to easily sense how others are feeling, and generally being emotionally effected by this as well, though he's got more control than most on that front.

After that, his most astounding ability is to change shapes. He can transform into a nine-tailed fox at will, about the size of a wolf, or a more normal fox, with the ability to control any surrounding fire with pyrokinesis, though he cannot form the fire himself. This power is only available in his fox forms, however, and cannot be used in human form.
Appearance: Morrison, in human form, is a tall, and somewhat thick Japanese man, wearing a loose kimono as his favoured garment. However, while many would be quick to assume his thickness results from fat, they'd be wrong-he's nearly all muscle, and if forced, he'll prove that to you. His skin is pale, easily setting off and enhancing his intense, emerald-eyed gaze. After that, his face is framed by somewhat shaggy, golden-red hair, and his mouth is almost perpetually curled up in a smile.

In his nine-tailed fox form, he is about the size of a large grey wolf, with golden-red fur and white at the paws and lower jaw, and his emerald green eyes seem to blaze with an inner fire. His tails are all easily manipulated, and his voice, when he speaks, is much smoother and more alluring than in his Human form.

Finally, in his last form, he takes the appearance of a normal Hokkaido Fox, with the same powers he has in his nine-tailed form, though lessened to where he is barely stronger than his human form.
Weapons: As a Human, Morrison carries an old, well-forged katana, tucked into the belt of his kimono in a traditional manner. This seems to disappear when he becomes a fox, however, and he carries no weapons other than his powers, in that form. After that, he always carries on him something similar to a chain of prayer beads, all of which are actually pearls, though one is much more important than the rest, glowing with the same fire that is held in Morrison's eyes.
Skills: Morrison, as a human, is a master at Kenjutsu, Aikido, and is a great animal trainer/veterinarian, due to knowledge imparted from his true form.
Personality: Morrison is a generally happy fellow, trying to keep everybody around him happy as well. Many westerners would possibly liken this man with a younger Santa figure, jolly as he always is, trying to cheer others up as well. He is also a bit of a flirt, and, when he wants to, a master at seduction.
Weaknesses: Morrison has no armour of any sort...he even makes it a point of honour not to wear any, despite the fights he might go into. As well, while he is fast with his sword and steady in his practice of Aikido, he isn't the most mobile figure on the battlefield, making him a good target for some fighters.
Biography: Morrison Kawase, the Fox. Kitsune. He is an old Fox from Japanese myth, with more powers than they seemed to realize, though unlike some of his more demonic brothers, he has never possessed anybody, either because he refuses or because he can't, nobody knows. He was alive with the Samurai, and he taught many of them the arts of Kenjutsu and the predecessor to Aikido, when he took on a human form, though he preferred his older form, that of a Hokkaido Fox, or the nine-tailed Kitsune, the form in which he was strongest. Eventually, however, he tired of Japan. He wanted to explore. In the late nineteenth century, he quickly made his way over to the USA, living as a Hokkaido Fox, which many people couldn't distinguish from the normal American Red Fox, during the time that was World War II. Soon after he met up with Xavier, when the man was still alive, though he continued to follow along as a fox, never directly intervening until after the old heroes were all killed. That was when he decided to take human form again, and to aide the X-Men as a new fighter for their ranks. After a few - okay, quite a few - misadventures at first, he's managed to find his way back to the mansion, where he generally just hangs and helps out - though he still finds time to go off and do his own things.

Oh yeah, my paragraph as to why I should be allowed to play a supernatural character. Well, I've got a great amount of writing experience in fantasy, sci-fi, and various other genres (though those two mentioned are by far my favourites), aside from just RPing; after all, I used this character in the last RPG without issue. Other than that, I think that supernatural characters are absolutely rocking, foxes are cute (and Morrison is a supernatural fox), and I never once abused Morrison's powers last game - if anything, I only used his ability to change from fox to human.

I hope you guys don't need another paragraph from me.

Edited by The Otter

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

You think jokes about cats being stoned are funny.

You don't live with a hyperactive half-kitten that regularly gets high off catnip and spends the rest of the day clinging to your favorite chair and looking around the room like it was spinning.

It quickly stops being amusing.

Edited by Basilisk

You think jokes about cats being stoned are funny.

You don't live with a hyperactive half-kitten that regularly gets high off catnip and spends the rest of the day clinging to your favorite chair and looking around the room like it was spinning.

It quickly stops being amusing.

Would you rather things take a turn for the worse?

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Considering that I may or may not feed off the misery of people*....yes. :P

*The council can't prove a thing. You hear me?

Edited by Basilisk

Well. That statement was slightly less insane then the ones before it.

Jackson is slipping.

Edited by Basilisk