Marvel, Rebirth:

IC:

"Miss Lynae, I'm appalled at you. Do you take me for some kinda floozy?"

"No, just an intelligent man."

Alaric's eyes narrowed and he pursed his lips, looking at her sideways...and then he grinned and laughed again. "Not like I didn't try." The microwaves buzzed, one and then the other, combining their screeches for a few seconds into something loud. He opened up one, and then the other, and poured the bags into a bowl. The King took butter in his; Lynae didn't. When he'd passed it over to the vampire and it sat on the coffee table, he slipped through The Gates of HeII and closed the bronze sculpture behind him with a foot. Lynae was already sitting on the couch, as quick as he was without the mutation, and he sat down beside her while the DVD slid into his player.

How hard could this be?

He looked over at her, and saw that Lynae was already looking back at him. Her eyes were as blue as his, too.

You've done this a thousand times.

But not once since Ashlynn.

Christ, you're losing your grip.

He wrapped his left arm around Lynae, and let her curl up against him while the movie started.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Lynae

She nuzzled her head against his chest, his slightly raised heartbeat thumping against her ear. It surprised her that he seemed nervous around her, him of all people.

Nevertheless, the sound, along with his distinct scent, brought her comfort. He was different than the others. He made her laugh and made her feel... Human. No one had done that in hundreds of years. Yes, Alaric Carlisle was something special.

IC:

Now and again Alaric would take a few pieces of popcorn and calmly pop them into his mouth, one at a time, chewing so softly that his chest hardly ever moved. He had a few napkins in his lap, to wipe the butter off his fingertips if it ever stayed there; thus far, thankfully, they'd stayed untouched. The messiness of butter was the only downside to it - Alaric had spent most of his childhood going to movies at the theatre, and the popcorn was almost as good as the film, more often than not.

"You know, the first time I ever saw this movie, it was with the rest of the soccer team. Not a single girl in the room. Just a dozen athletes and Love Actually."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

OOC: oh my god

They are so adorable.

IC: Jesika

Jesika almost jumped as a certain teacher rounded the corner and came down the hall, one which she didn't expect to see right then. She scooted out of his way, and yet he seemed quite oblivious to both of them right there, which was fine with Jesika. After the door to his office closed with a resounding thud Jesika gave Lunar a grin that held enough mischief in it for the both of them. And was a cause for concern considering she was only one person with that grin.

She waited a moment, before latching onto Lunar's hand with her own, and moving them both back slowly to the room they had just left. Staying just beyond the door, she waited for the yell of surprise that was sure to follow.

"Friends?" Jesika asked in a hushed tone, glancing back at Lunar with her startlingly blue gaze.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC:

Lunar was silent for a moment, processing Jesika's request. It seemed unusual for someone to ask hir of all people to be their friend so quickly. Normally, the only time people even talked to Lunar was to demand that some of their possessions be returned.

"Sure." Zhe said finally.

IC:

This one will be a problem, Daken Akihiro thought, even as he let the others have their jests.

The team up to this point could safely be said to be almost a cult of personality; Asa was infatuated with him, Nate was getting there, as loyal as anyone could ask for, and while Angela and Leah had their quips and quirks they could both be relatively counted on to not go anywhere - Angela out of boredom, and Leah out of need. This Khalid was different; not heartless, or soulless, as Daken could be, but more dormant. The animated husk of a man, a 3D printed human, plain and unassuming and deadly. Did he even have a personality? Despite all the things it could safely be said the field leader of the Dark Avengers lacked - a conscience, morals, relationship smarts - no one could deny Akhiro's panache. Khalid Nicephore du Saint-Just had been drained of all that.

His gaze was colorful, pale viridian eyes that glinted over Angela when she made her cheek quip, but when he looked into them he saw the same dull air that he'd seen in his brother John's techno-organic eyes, after he'd torn them out. John's eyes had been blue, he remembered, but the new ones were practically white, almost like ice. There was nothing alive in them unless you flipped a switch on a remote first. Something about Khalid's blank stare gave him the same feeling that his brother had, after he had the resistance firmly ground out of him.

"Sit and eat with us," he offered, rubbing the small scratch on his cheek where the bullet had passed through. "A few of our newer pick-me-ups asked the same question no more than a few minutes ago. Asa, love, it's okay." He can't hurt me, he almost added, but the last thing he wanted to do was get into a pissing contest with some revenant of a contract killer twice before he could finish his breakfast.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

OOC: I'm assuming the Hydra soldiers have green uniforms since that's the color I see when I google them.

IC:

Jennifer's bullets tore almost silently into the soldier's back. He gave a silent gasp of pain as red spurted from the knew punctures in his back and out the front. She lowered the dead Hydra trooper slowly onto the ground.

She knew she had to think quick if she wanted to survive. There were Humvees in the area and searching for people like her in the area. If she wanted to take one out she would have to be careful and smart. She quickly scattered some snow over the small amount of blood on the ground with her foot before she grabbed the soldier and then jumped into the air.

With her hieghtened agility and added muscle power since she was in her true form she soared upwards in an superhuman jump. She landed on a strong branch high up in the tree with the Hydra soldier still clutched against her. She then rested the soldier against the trunk of the tree.

It was then one of the humvees' bullets tore through the woods. She felt one of its bullets pump into the trunk of the tree she was placed in; her feet still wrapped around the branch.

As the humvee drove closer. Jennifer instantly noticed the weaker search-light as the vehicle came towards where it had fired into the woods. Soon the vehicle was passing nearly next to the tree Jennifer was holed up on. Yellow eyes flashed through the darkness of the woods for an instant.

Jennifer had launched herself from the tree. As she did she released the body of the Hydra trooper which she had grabbed right before jumping into the air. The troopers body fell quickly through the air; a bit ahead of the humvee. It smashed into the windshield of the humvee with luck or articulate aim.

Jennifer herself flipped onto the top of the humvee's roof. She didn't hesitate while the driver was most likely distracted by her little present. She grabbed one of the frag grenades she'd brought with her; praising science that she brought them. She unpinned the grenade as she slammed her first into the metal roof of the humvee. Her enhanced strength hopefully denting it. Pain tore through her first as she pulled it out stuffing the primed grenade into the dent she had hopefully created.

She then jumped again. Backflipping off the roof of the humvee and into the air. She smashed into a branch of another tree but thankfully was quickly able to grasp the branch. Jennifer then cast her eyes downward to see if her grenade had worked or something else had happened. Ready to act if needed. She had no real idea what the grenade would do to the vehicles armor.

IC:

"Where are you going brother?" a soft yet assertive voice reached out as a younger Daken walked down the hallway. He looked the same as he did now. Nearly the same. Even back then when John had been a child.

Daken turned his dark eyes towards John and the boy froze. He looked up at his older brother now. He'd been there since he could remember, always in the shadows, always looking over John's shoulder.

When dad never came back Daken had been there for John. "Big brother where are you going?" John asked as he tugged now on the leg of Daken's jeans. Much like he'd done nearly every time he'd looked up at his brother,

"I have to go Jonathan," Daken said as he squatted low. His dark black hair was much longer then John's but it was the same shade. John could see small flashes of his father, what he'd remembered of him anyway in his brother's face.

He pressed his hand against John's head and messed up his mop of jet black hair like he'd always done.

"Where you going?"

"I just have to go brother. I probably won't be coming back. I'm sorry. I would take you with my John but you're not old enough yet. I promise I'll come back for you some day."

Tears instantly welled up in John's eyes. "No! You can't leave me Dakey!" he said using his childhood name for his brother.

"Daken lightly pushed John away from him with his hand. "Are you going away to heaven, like daddy did?" John asked as he sniffled.

"I'm sorry to tell you little brother but there is no such thing as heaven. You have to be strong now brother, like I taught you. Can you be strong for me? I'll see you again."

John nodded and stopped crying. "You promise?"

"Yes. Now show me what you got, put them up."

John grinned and lifted his small hands as three bone claws poked out from his knuckles on either hand.

"That's my little fighter. Be strong John." Daken said before turning away and vanishing down the hallway.

John hadn't seen him again after that. Not for many years to come.

OOC: This could be a dream instead of a true memory if any thing is innacurate, since for as far as we know John's still asleep.

Edited by Flex Till Death

IC: "Well boys," A deep, distinctly Long Island voice called out from the driver's seat. "Looks like we got a change of plans."
This was met, as with any such thing, by a chorus of groans from all throughout the van. Some were less genuine than others, but those usually were just the newcomers. The more established of their little community knew better. They knew it just meant they'd work twice as hard next time to make up for this.
Al, despite his youth, was one such individual. Listening intently, he just stared holes into the back of the driver's seat, waiting for the inevitable explanation.
Roy Rine turned to face the group, expression grim. One by one, his boys; all athletes in their prime under his tutelage, fell silent. Everyone, from a kid who was still an amateur like Al to Chris Parks, a UFC Middleweight in the middle of preparing for a number one contender's bout, stopped their grumblings instantly and got serious. Roy was their coach, and they knew he cared about them as if they were his own sons.
To suddenly cancel a part of training camp like this meant things were serious.
"Camp's on break for today. We've got bigger things to worry about." he continued, looking each in the eye. "There's been a terrorist attack."
Over a dozen eyes went wide. That certainly put things into perspective.
"You boys have a choice. I know you've all got important dates coming up," he said "Especially you, Chris."
The huge middleweight nodded, eyes steely. Al knew that it was the last thing on his mind right now.
"So we can do one of two things. Either I turn this van around and we head back to the gym, or we stay for the day and help sort out this mess however we can."
Not five minutes later, the van was empty. Half a dozen fighters stood in the parking lot, Al amongst them.
Their head coach nodded, beaming. "You're all good kids. Let's get going."
As one, they set off.

--------------One Hour Later---------------
"It's no problem. We're all happy to help out." Al said, patting the back of the older gentleman reassuringly. "After all, this is more important'n'a couple hours of training."

He had just finished up relating how differently the day had gone from what was planned for the entire team, after getting roped into the conversation while handing out blankets. You know how it is.

"Well, I won't forget this, son. You boys all just got yourselves a fan! Even you!" he the old man pledged.
"Well, I'm not professional ye--"

"Oooh, don't give me that, sonny." the geezer cut him off abruptly, waving away what he saw as doubt. "A hardworking boy with a big heart like you's gonna go places, kid. They always do."

"Thank you, sir... I won't let you down." he said, unable to stop the smile creeping onto his face. Rising, he took the man's hand and shook it firmly. "Stay safe and stay warm!"

He turned and began to walk.

"God bless you, young man!"

Yeah, he thought, turning back for a moment and returning the wave sent his way.

Yeah, this is worth it.
Cool as a cucumber and content as a clam, Al Vafbagr continued to wander.

OOC: Open for interaction.
Edited by The Doc

helo frens

OOC hope you don't mind the interaction

IC Damian

The suit and the rifle were in a storage locker. The staff was in his body, ready to be summoned at the shedding of blood. Any trace of the White Knight was gone.

He was not Shiro.

He was Damian Tyrell.

"Professor Layton expects that paper in two days, and its not half done..."

In this guise, he was not a freedom fighter, or a public speaker, or even a mutant. He was the adopted son of a late investment banker and a top student at Columbia. He was everything a father could wish for, if his father was here to see it.

Damian liked to take walks in the evening. The cool temperatures and the dwindling light made for a pacifying scene. Rays of gold and magenta hitting the trees, the soft blow of an evening wind; it was a magnificent scene. Somewhat like the dawn, but without its garish, searing light.

It was in this state of awe that Damian bumped hard into someone. "Oh, sorry," he apologized quickly. His mutant power spontaneously activated, revealing the name "Al Vafbagr". "So sorry about that."

IC: A a somewhat hard collision with his left shoulder, and Al whirled, eyes running the usual gamut of emotion.

A flash of frustration, a glint of danger--

And then calm. Old habits really did die hard. You never knew, how he'd grown up. You never knew.

Al raised a hand placatingly, "Nah, it's alright. I shoulda been watching where I was going. Get lost in your head sometimes, y'know?" he said with a grin, Long Island-tinted words flowing smoothly.

"Name's Al. You here helpin' out too?" he asked, extending a hand. That was manners, wasn't it?

He was getting too used to the banter at the gym with everyone, probably. Been a while since Coach Rine had gone over that stuff with him.

Whatever, play it cool. You meet enough new people at the gym to figure this out. S'no different, nothin' to it.

OOC: Naw man he open for a reason

Edited by The Doc

helo frens

IC: Persephone fired off a few more missiles at the gunmen. If they were going to keep gathering together to present a wall of bullets, she was going to keep forcing them to run about to avoid explosions. Kept them busy with things other than shooting her and Vivus. Hopefully it wasn't making things too difficult for Marauder.

Noticing that her tank wasn't firing, she carefully descended, still keeping her plasma blasts trained on it, until she was standing on its turret. Gripping the long barrel of its main gun in one hand, she started twisting...

She wouldn't have had the strength to do this under normal circumstances; she was strong in her armour, with all the servos and micro-motors powering her in place of muscles, but not strong enough to tangle a composite armour gun barrel up like a pretzel. But these weren't normal circumstances. She'd been blasting the thing with plasma, it had become superheated. And when steel and ceramics became superheated, they became much more malleable. She was able to but enough bends into the gun that there was no way it would fire.

With one tank now completely taken out of play, with neither wheels nor weapons, she started on the artillery crews that had wandered outside, hurling blasts of magnetic energy at them to burst their mortars to pieces

7AOYGDJ.jpg

The vampire chuckled a bit as she reached out to grab her own popcorn, munching it softly. "I can see that... A bunch of adolescent boys 'ooing' and 'awing'. A very silly thing." She said softly before nuzzling his chest once more.

"I watched it by myself... It was so cute. I took a nice evening off and stayed in all night. I hadn't been so relaxed for a while."

IC: Al frowned, turning back the same direction.

The place looked like a war zone. Like a Sandy had hit all over again. A place like New York, turned into this practically over night?

He shook his head, hands burrowing into the pockets of his hoodie.

"What the , man." he muttered in a disbelieving tone. "This is crazy."

helo frens

IC:

Dallas blew a grinning kiss, bowing daintily, and then whipped his shoulder and arm with surprising force, catching John in the chin with the barrel of the ashen bat. Blood bubbled up from John's mouth when he coughed.

"All things considered, I'd say you came up with aces and eights. You're lucky I didn't run into you sooner, before I had time to cool down." His face glinted in the dim light of the midnight hour; he'd always had a pretty grin, but now it was drawn and feral, like there was a psychotic break fighting to ooze out from between his teeth. "I mean, when a dog goes bad, you take it out back behind the shed, shoot it, lie to the kids about where he scampered off to. It's a simple process. What do you think, Howlett? I'm sure we can find a butterfly farm or two to accommodate you."

-Tyler

Edited by LONG LIVE TYLER

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Guess I asked the wrong questions," Johnathan said after he'd been hit.

"Figures you'd ignore everything I say Cali," John said as he wiped blood of his chin with the back of his fist.

"Yeah except I'm not a dog Cali, as I said I'm not even a ****ing lycan anymore, if I was your blows would have made me turn by now. I'm a human being, maybe I'm an ***hole yes, but I'm a mutant and an Ultimate just like you and maybe I deserve a second chance, I know I'd give you one if roles were reversed." Still pinned from the car Johnathan was getting a bit cramped.

Its not like I actually hurt anyone a year ago. John could faintly remember slashing someone but that was as far as it went. Well except maybe poor Liam... but he had it coming.

"What do you say you unpin me and we can go get a beer for old times sake?"

IC:

"Anyone want to tell me that the HeII is going on?" Kane said as he watched the scene before him. "Why're you beating up on your comrade?"

IC:

"You were warned, Howlett." The former Weapon stated simply, observing from her place next to her universe's Jesika. "You obtained mercy from me. You're out of miracles."

"Where have you been of late, Jesika?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC Peter

"What the..." If the assorted Ultimates turned to look in the direction of the garage, they would see the teacher standing with mouth agape.

Let's explain how he got here. Peter had returned from the cafeteria with a flask full of coffee when he stumbled into his room and sat down in his chair...

To find that he wasn't going anywhere when his legs pushed on the floor.

So Peter took a look at the bottom of the chair and found that the chair wheels had mysteriously disappeared. As the caffeine had not yet totally hit his system, he was still too drowsy to react in his usual bombastic manner to all of his life's problems. Instead, he had simply loudly moaned something unintelligible and went looking for spare wheels (passing by the perpetrator on the way, not knowing who she was or that she had dine anything wrong, or that she was even there). Finding none in the institute, he went outside to go shopping, and found this chaotic scene taking place.

The bicycle that he was holding his hands tipped and fell to the ground with a muted crash, as Peter continued to stare.

He opened his mouth to say something, but quickly shut it. Rather than the violent cyclone of thoughts that was his mind in these sorts of situations, Peter was drawing a big, long blank. Apparently the caffeine still hadn't hit his system.

Edited by Last Son Amakusa

IC:

"Hold it! I talk here. I have the conch," he reminded everyone, waving the baseball bat around threateningly above John's nose. "A'ight, let's wind the clock back about thirty seconds: for old times' sake? I haven't pulled your teeth from your worthless lying gums and scalped you with them, for old times' sake."

Jesika cleared her throat wordlessly and yanked her head towards Peter, standing with a jarred mouth and saucer eyes at the scene.

"Hey , why don't you wise up spin yourself around and walk back to your--wait, who the even are you?" Dallas barked, spinning away from John for a second and pointing the bat threateningly at the teacher. "Looks like he has a peanut for a bladder, Card, look at this guy. Hey, buddy! Unless you want me to forcibly hook you up to a catheter, try not to stare at me like you're gonna myself. In case you haven't noticed, Johnathan and I are about civilized business here. You wouldn't understand, you brute."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Ashley stood not far off from the rest of the ultimates, watching the whole spectacle with interest. In her hand was a paper bag, she reached with it and pulled out a handful of popcorn, popping it into her mouth before chewing loudly.

Edited by Princess Anna of Arendelle

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

"You were warned, Howlett." The former Weapon stated simply, observing from her place next to her universe's Jesika. "You obtained mercy from me. You're out of miracles."

"Where have you been of late, Jesika?"

IC: Ult. Jesika

Jesika gave a shrug that looked like it took about as much energy to complete as it did for one to blink.

"Oh, you know. Out and about. This and that. The ice cream here is kinda sucky, to be honest," She replied, giving a face at the mention of said ice cream. She turned at the sound of someone entering the general vicinity, her electric gold eyes fixing themselves on the teacher.

No one else seemed to have noticed.

A few moments passed.

And then a few more.

Right then, looks like it was her turn.

With a rather obvious movement, she cleared her throat, and motioned back at the guy. In the process cathcing a glimpse of someone who she actually recognized. Which was a scarce thing here.

Jesika held out a hand, and motioned for Ashley to come over, making space between herself and Rebekah.

Edited by Gravity

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC Peter

Good, the caffeine was kicking now (was it already ten minutes?)

"Threatening school faculty is not a wise move-wait, you're not a student here, never mind-wait, are you?" One, two, three: "Oh, right, you're the other Dallas." Peter righted his bike and began fiddling the chain; it broke when he dropped the bike. "Peter Tyrell. Science department. And for the record, civilized doesn't entail... Well, you all know what you said."

He took another swig of coffee-"Ah, that's it," and continued fixing his bike. "If you guys are actually students here, then you are in violation of Section 4.2 of the school rules. If not, you're still in violation of Articles 120 and 240 of New York's law circa the 2010s. And if you do actually tie me to a catheter, whatever that is, you'll be in further violation of Article 120 and possibly 125." Peter sighed, his bike all fixed, and ready to go. "Just laying out the law here. Part of the job description." Peter began to walk his bike out, but noticed it wasn't rolling. Grumbling, he lowered the gravity around it and hoisted it up with one hand over his shoulder. He began walking out a few feet, looking for a place that wasn't being set up for Vale Tudo: Hot Rod edition. Did he even care though? Oh wait-he was a teacher; caring was-as he said it-part of the job description. "The I do for teenagers..."

Edited by Last Son Amakusa

IC:

", that seems a bit extreme even for you Cali," Johnathan groaned. "Lying gums? What am I lying about?"

He knew Cali was violent and had some anger issues, but heck so did John that's why they'd gotten along so well in the first place.

"I still got your back... now and always no matter what you do to me for whatever you think I did." images of John and Dallas destroying Phallanx side by side flashed through his head for a moment before vanashing.

"Oh I'm not going anywhere." Johnathan sighed.

IC:

"You don't strike me as the 'sitting alone watching other people be happy' type," Alaric confessed, casually playing with a lock of his hair. "Do you sleep with The Notebook under your pillow? Because, I mean, I totally do. I just...kinda...cut Rachel McAdams' face out of the front cover, that's all. It's just Ryan Gosling and me. Together at last."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

"... You're odd." She said with a shake of her head, grinning as she nestled herself against him. "Better watch out, I might get jealous of Ryan."

Edited by Queen Elsa of Arendelle

IC:

"I was born jealous of Ryan." Alaric propped the bowl of popcorn up in Lynae's lap and casually slipped a hand around her waist. "He can do anything he puts his mind to. I just wish he'd put his mind to me."

-Tyler

Edited by LONG LIVE TYLER

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"You do realize that you're coming onto me while we're watching Love Actually, right?" Alaric asked, tilting his eyes at Lynae curiously. "I mean, I suppose it's not as cliche as 'guy with boombox under the patio,' or, you know, hooking up after detention one Saturday morning, but still. It's Love Actually. I know where this chapter of the playbook stops."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME