BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:Arankhe

Arankhe grumbled, rubbing her forehead with the palm of her hand.

"Then where do you suppose we look? We don't have the time, manpower or freedom to search the Koro, but we can't risk the Sanctum either." She thought hard. There didn't seem to be any options right now, aside from 'Sit and think' and 'Do something really stupid and die'. Now, she'd done some really stupid things back home, but in those cases the enemy tended to be unprepared for what occurred.

Unprepared. Hm.

"Perhaps we simply came with the wrong gear. We came for a stealthy reconnaissance, and perhaps rescue mission, but what did we actually bring for that? I know any of us would be better suited for this with either a Volitak or a Kualsi." She glanced out the window, in the direction of the Koro's gate.

"Maybe we need to come back with better gear. It would be a pain, but perhaps a beneficial pain." She looked back.

"Just a suggestion."

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC:

"To be completely honest, we ran off half-cocked." The De-Toa tapped his fingers together, a visible sign of the wheels turning in his head. "None of your superiors know you are here. Neither Lieutenant Naona nor Commander Dehkaz know where to find us. We lack for operable intelligence, as well."

"Seeing if we can locate any unusual concentrations of mercenaries or loyalists in the village would be helpful. Failing that, it may be best to regroup with our allies."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

I clenched my fists slightly, then loosed them. I took a breath, there was no use getting worked up over this. I knew this mission was going to be more than difficult, we all did from the beginning. "I agree with Krayn...as limited as those options are it's the best we can do realistically...it's ###### aggravating but we just have to accept that and move on." I felt like I was saying it to myself more than anyone else. 

"To be quite honest right now I'm pretty exhausted...both mentally and physically. I have no doubt some of you probably feel the same. I'd suggest we get some rest before we make any sort of move." 

Edited by Lina Inverse

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Kale Ironshaper- Aggressor Base

IC: "The Fowadi should have returned to Forsi by now. If Dehkaz and Naona return to headquarters they will be informed of our actions. As for our current course of action, I suggest that we all get a good night rest before exploring the town some more. The focus of our search should be possible locationsmof the hostages and allies."

"It is entirely possible that we are not the only ones to infiltrate the koro. I think we need all the help we can get."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:

"I agree, we should rest. I must disagree on the rest." Rather than keeping his hands busy, they were now clasps on the table in front of Krayn while he leaned back in his chair. His gaze was as laser-focused as any shot he'd ever taken in his life, without a trace of levity in his tone as he continued. "Dehkaz and Naona will only know that we have come to Ko-Koro. And pardon my candidness, but as effective a pair of officers as they are, neither one is exactly well-versed in the art of subtlety. They will have to remain away or, Nui help us, infiltrate the village and attempt to find us. Something that we are, by the very nature of infiltration, actively discouraging."

"And that is assuming that Hari's condition is not such that they are too preoccupied to aid us, when they find her."

He paused a moment, but continued without any outward sign of disturbance in his train of thought. "Further, any ally that has infiltrated the area will similarly be keeping themselves unnoticed. And the people here know that. A smart opponent will be watching for any sign that we are not who we say we are, and if they see one, they will pretend to be someone else, too. Play the ally. Wait until we believe them and then slip the knife between our ribs."

"If I could do it to Xxeth, they can do it to us. We must assume we have no allies but those within these walls."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:Arankhe

"I was about to say the same thing. If we try to find allies here, we might accidentally let it out who we are, and then what? Because as much fun as it sounds, I don't want the likes of these folks pouring through our windows and doors trying to kill us." She shrugged.

"But yes, we should take some rest. Continue this later."

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

• 2 weeks later...

IC:

"Arankhe's exactly right." The former Force officer gestured at her briefly, before he pushed himself up from his chair and stretched. "On both counts. Someone should keep watch, in case anyone comes by to loot this place. Five of us, two hour shifts apiece will get us to morning. I'll take first watch."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Post a job, mercenary work," I said, taking the sunglasses off again. "See who crawls out of the woodwork."

-Void

IC (Jin)

I nodded. "We need connections, and they should be pretty easy to find around here. Put up a job, wait for an answer. In the meantime, we can wander around, I guess. Do some exploring. See what we're dealing with."

IC (Jin)

I tilted my head. "Good point. There's a chance Echelon and his cronies will recognize us, so the farther we stay away from that tower, the better."

IC:

"Hm," I said, trying to play it neutral. "Fair enough. Question now is, what's this job going to be? Something that'll bring the assassins into the light of day."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC (Jin)

I rolled my eyes. "Murder, obviously. The question is who."

I kicked at a pile of dog-eared books on the floor. Somebody'd knocked them around, ripping pages and generally roughing things up. I empathized. Life was easier when you were the one making the mess; trying to put everything back together was even less rewarding than I'd thought.

It made even less sense because I was actually one of the people we were supposedly trying to find. Any information we picked up would lead straight back to me... so why was I here, again? I knew the answer, of course; it had something to do with atonement and a Turaga'd who given me a second chance (don't think about him don't think about him don't think about him). Less money, more morals.

#####. Money's way more fun than morality.

"Or," I began, picking up one of the crumpled books and smoothing its pages out. "We could -and I'm just suggesting this- we could go kill someone. And hope that attracts the right crowd."

IC:

"Definitely a more immediate effect," I said, letting myself fall back into that chair from before. "Effects might be a bit more unpredictable, though. Difficult to gauge the response would be in a crowd like this."

I tilted my head to one side, looking at Jin from a better angle.

"Did you have someone in mind for this plan?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

"I'll take third watch, unless someone else wants it." I offered as I sat down by the fireplace, with how tired I was I figured the heat would make it easier for me to fall asleep. 

"Oh and just so you all know, I'm a light sleeper. So if any of you even think of pulling some sort of prank, think again..." I paused, realising that what I just said probably sounded strange to them. "See when you grow up as an orphan in Le-koro with two other siblings and obnoxious neighbor kids...well you get the idea." 

OOC: Kalyss, Mirra, Wisp, and Mura to Ko-Wahi! Nato, you want to handle the arrival post, with you having some control over the Outsiders and all?

IC: Arrival Post for a Whole Bunch of People

The battered old cable car crawled across the expanse of the Tren Krom Break, cables creaking, snow and sleet slashing at its sides, wind whipping at the windows. At last, it came to a rest at the foot of the near-empty Obsidian Outpost. 

"Uh, guys," Wisp hammered his shoulder into the door, trying to force it open, "It's frozen shut." 

"Here, let me," Kalyss made her way up to the front, her plasma making quick work of the ice. She clambered out onto the snow-covered ground, followed quickly by Mura, Wisp and Mirra.

Looking around, they could see a cluster of loosely connected, windowless buildings seemingly carved out of the blackened stone of the mountain itself. Most of them looked decidedly empty, with only a dim sliver of light visible under the door of the largest suggesting that anyone was home. Nestled right beside the station where the the cable car had come to rest was a small tower, a similar glow creeping out from beneath its door. In the distance, beyond the structures and the courtyard between them, was the open white expanse of The Drifts, which would have to be crossed in order to reach Ko-Koro or Ihu-Koro.   

Pulling her coat tighter against the cold, Mirra looked around, "Alright. Where to now?" 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Mura - Obsidian Outpost

My teeth chatter. I've only been to Ko-Wahi a few times before, years ago. I remember now why I decided to never come again - the cold permeates everything, wind like a frozen whip lashing across your body. I've never been superstitious, or even spiritual - I hold a deep rooted belief that reason, planning and careful logic can push back any obstacle. But here, in this frost-blasted wasteland, I feel a sense of deep, horrific foreboding in the pit of my stomach. 

"I...don't know much about the Wahi's geography, I'm afraid." I say apologetically. 

Kathok

IC: Mirra/Wisp - Obsidian Outpost.

Wisp glanced around. "We passed through Ko-Wahi once, but that was a fear years back, and none of this stuff was up here."  

"We could always ask someone?" Mirra suggested. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC:

"I think you're in the clear." Krayn commented, dragging his chair over to the door and settling so he could make sure to face the stairs. Truthfully, he rather wanted to sleep himself; he hadn't had much rest since leaving Le-Koro. But at the same time, he was still too wired to sleep himself. The brief fight with Xxeth had keyed up his fight or flight response, and the adrenaline hadn't quite left his system yet.

Not that the taste of Salamanders was helping matters.

"Probably the only time that's been said in enemy territory."

fK5oqYf.jpg

The past and present wilt—I have fill'd them, emptied them.
And proceed to fill my next fold of the future.

Listener up there! what have you to confide to me?
Look in my face while I snuff the sidle of evening,
(Talk honestly, no one else hears you, and I stay only a minute longer.)

Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)

I concentrate toward them that are nigh, I wait on the door-slab.
-Walt Whitman, “Song of Myself”

IC

It is said that night falls.

Falls, as though gravity takes sudden hold of the sky and pulls it down to horizon like a child pulling the blankets up to its chin. Falls, like a great violet sheet settling over the world, drifting slowly on the air. Falls, like a gentle drawing-down of blinds.

Night fell in Ko-Koro, and Oreius Maru watched it fall.

He watched the evening settle over the mountain like a great bird with wide wings to hide the sky. Wings whose feathers held jewels that shone dimly, beautiful and dark, and their distant beauty only fed the fire that kindled beneath his skin. The flames burned so hot he half-thought he would turn to ash as he walked, each snowy footprint steaming gently as he left it behind. His own blood roared in his ears like a blaze, and in the thunder he heard Tahu's voice.

The First Toa of Fire spoke not in words, but in the heat of a bonfire, in the crackle and snap of boiling sap, in the deep howl of the wind that drives a forest fire. His voice was primal and ancient, as old as the first sparks that ever bore flame.

It was Tahu's voice, and it was his voice too.

He trembled as he walked, afraid of his own anger, when the sting of smoke awoke him, followed by the soothing drip-drip of water, of blessed rain. But even Inu's touch could not contain the blaze for long.

What do we do? What- how-

Oreius. Think.

The Parakuka was not often the voice of reason, but Oreius had gone beyond reason. Onewa had taught patience to the son of Makuta; he had taught mercy and pity. This tenuous thread was all that held the Toa back from calling fire down from the sky.

This cancer... we need to burn it out.

Oreius. Once again, the cool touch of water. Light shining through leaves. Don't. We are Toa.

A howl, heard from afar. Not Rahi.

We must act! Now!

The whine of a cornered animal. You talk like prey.

###### you.

Inu said nothing.

This city sickens, and we do nothing. We are hunters. They should fear us.

The flash of a blade. The taste of blood. Hostages. Matoran will die.

Then I will save them first.

His feet had led him to the doorstep of the Citadel. He reached up and drew the hood back from his face, then fumbled at the clasp until the cloth fell to the snow. His armour gleamed in the dying light, lit by flickering flames that were not there.

The doors stood tall and silent against the heat of his fury.

Oreius drew his dagger, one of a pair. The silver blade had been forged by unknown hands, given him when he transformed from Matoran to Toa. It was no Tahu's sword, crafted to resemble leaping flames enshrined forever in deadly steel, but it was his weapon. Simple, even elegant, perhaps, and well-made. A lone spark drifted from its point, winking out when it touched the snow.

He reached out and used the pommel to knock upon the doors of the Sanctum.

OOC Hello Syvra.

• Upvote 2

IC: Cyrix still stood his recon vigil on the snowy roof of the Ko-Koro building under guise of his Volitak. It wasn't a glorious job, but the glory was for the rest of the team. They got the glory, he got recon in the cold. Korero hadn't even come back yet. He focused his goggles on the distant figure in front of the Citadel unsheathing his weapons. Funny, he'd spotted enough crazy guys looking to enter. This guy looked like a different type of crazy. Cyrix wished the Toa Maru of Air was here, he would know what call to make. Aelied would tell him to watch and listen, and Cyrix would do that.

Still... he wasn't...

IC: Kalyss sparked a few bursts of plasma to heat herself up. "Is there anyone to ask...?"

Her voice did not hold much optimism.

Edited by Keeper of Kraata

The times, they are a-changing...

IC:

"How can Makuta's will be carried out if the ones who vanquished him still roam this island!?" Lantz demanded of Eisen. "Our Lord was, is, the most powerful being in existence. None could have ever hoped to defeat him in battle. And yet somehow those Maru apparently did just that. They used some trick, some slight to bring low our master. 

"I would want nothing more than to carry out Makuta's will, to stand amongst his rightful heirs. I would extend the shadows of his reign across Mata-Nui as a sacrifice to his memory, and then beyond to the Endless Ocean. But so long as those Maru live, they threaten all that we work for. As long as they live and breathe, there is the chance they might come together again and do to us what they did to Makuta. We cannot let that happen. We must find them and kill them quickly, one by one so that they might not join forces. Their strength comes from their Unity, which we will divide. Their drive comes from the sense of Duty given to them by their false god, whom we will bring low. And their hope comes from their looking to the stars for their Destiny, which we will conquer and decimate."

Lantz pointed to the entrance Echelon had left through previously.

"Echelon leaves to secure some greater power? What power could he find that Makuta did not have access to? We must go and bring the fight to them, avenge our fallen master and kill his murderers before they rally and come to our front door."

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

IC:

As if in answer; rap. Rap. Rap. 

Thrice the metal pommel smacked against the metal doors of the Sanctum, announcing an arrival. Eisen permitted the stillness to continue, for a time, looking at Lantz with only the arching of his eyebrows as nonverbal commentary. It wasn't often that the world indulged in such amusingly fortuitous timing, but such occasions were to be enjoyed.

"That you believe our Lord dead speaks of a low faith. If he truly is as powerful as you believe then nothing could kill him. Merely inconvenience him. And while your intent is noble, we have not yet the strength for the war ahead. Echelon's plan is wise. Consolidate our strength, ensure that we have the potency to reach our goals, and then act. Nor are we lacking for time. For the moment, the hostages ensure our safety. And the Maru are not growing in strength. For one to walk up to our doors, at this very moment," The Fe-Toa continued, gesturing casually at the door and using his element to shift aside that which held it closed and pull the doors inward. "Would be the height of folly. Not just suicidal, but reckless endangerment."

The expression Lantz had received, in truth, was nothing compared to the one leveled at the Toa standing in the doorway. The Fe-Toa's eyebrows indicated surprise, at first, but they gradually relaxed until his entire expression implied more a calm amusement than shock. Not that his mind had slowed down any; the presence of a Maru was no small matter, and Eisen needed to be aware. At his most aware, if he intended to guide this situation towards the most favorable outcome. He pivoted to face the door more directly, casual stance belying the readiness of his form.

Truly, the world did have a sense of humor.

"Though Ta-Toa have always fit that description. Hello, Oreius Maru."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC 

"Eisen."

Oreius let the silence expand, and his mind expanded with it. He reached out and felt the torches burning within the Sanctum, the fires blazing in the hearths of huts and holes as the wretched inhabitants of this city struggled to keep warm. Beyond these points of light and heat, there was nothing. A void of warmth. An emptiness as wide as the glacier and as tall as the mountain. Reordin would have known the height of his strength here, but the Toa of Fire was an interloper. The only power he had was what he carried with him.

It was this power that cast soft light from his armour, that caused each gentle snowflake to evaporate with a hiss wherever it landed. It was this power that melted the snow beneath his feet. He fought to reign it in, but his fury was beyond words, and the fire running beneath his skin would not cool. Not this time.

"I came to speak to your master. But he's gone, isn't he. I would speak to you, then, Toa of Iron. You and your crew."

His eyes shone like molten gold in the darkness. "That is, if he trusts his dogs to speak for themselves."

IC: Kalyss sparked a few bursts of plasma to heat herself up. "Is there anyone to ask...?"

Her voice did not hold much optimism.

IC: Mirra - Obsidian Outpost.

"We could always see if there's anyone in any of these buildings?"

IC:

"Ironic to speak of hounds, given what feeds off your spine." The Nightfall's swordsman replied evenly, Oreius' light making his green eyes seem to glow in the Citadel's relatively dim. He gestured behind him, towards a door in the distance, but didn't take his eyes off of the Maru. "Very astute. Two of my colleagues are gone. The rest are busy, and I can't let you in any further to speak with them."

"You and I can speak, if you wish."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: As he looked between Eisen and perhaps the last person on the island he expected to see, Maeloc quietly sighed. I'm never going to get that meeting with Eisen, am I? The Onu-Turaga started backing out of the room.

"I was going to speak with you, Eisen, but I see you will be... disposed. I shall... retire, for the evening. Away from here."

As the Archivist scurried out the the room, he snapped at one of the bristling guards, who followed him. "Eisen can handle this. I want the guards to search the Citadel, this may be a distraction."

IC: Kalyss shivered in the cold. "I'll check out the one light."

Her form shimmered as she activated her mask, and a trail of melted snow followed her blurred form as she dashed up to the solitary door with light. Her mask was still powering down when Kalyss started pounding on the door.

"Hello? We need a guide to Ihu-Koro!"

The times, they are a-changing...

IC: Mura - Obsidian Outpost

Holding back worry, I conserve energy and stay put. And as I wait my eyes dart across the barren landscape, blasted by gale and bitter frost. Looking out on this pallid expanse, I reflect that the grim spirit of ice may well execute us before those depraved souls in Ko-Koro get their chance to.

Kathok

IC:

Now, did I have hesitations about storming into the Necromancer's private abode, all his henchmen juiced up on evil and whatever the ###### else was being cooked up for them by the Malevolent Science Nerd himself? 'Course I did, only an idiot wouldn't. But a better question would be:

Did we have another plan? 

The answer to that was a resounding no. Besides--

"Might just be crazy enough to work." I was rifling through my bag, looking for a smoke. "Pae?"

IC:

It hadn't taken long for Rynekk to get past the guards. He was a deft hand at lying, and Krayn's disguise had been good. Very good. He was back out into the wilderness soon enough, breathing as much freedom as he could while still looking over his shoulder for arrows in his back. The more distance he could put between him and the Necroman-- Echelon's forces as possible, the better.

Even if your friends are still back there--

Rynekk brushed those thoughts away as easily as snowflakes. He had a job, a job that might ultimately help his friends, it didn't matter if he wasn't with them right then, if he was abandoning them--

Rynekk brushed those thoughts away like snowflakes.

But you can't escape them in Ko.

A blur of brown armour and desperate hope streaked across the snow.

OOC: Rynekk to Onu.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC 

"Very well."

He entered, and the door closed softly behind him, sealing him within the Sanctum's walls. Neither Toa took their eyes from the other's, standing still as the room emptied.

Through the fog of anger, Oreius knew that the Toa of Iron was assessing him, even as he did the same. Echelon would not leave a man of little intellect to guard his fallen city; Eisen was likely as dangerous as his master. Dressed in armour of grey, silver and black, the murderer cut a dashing figure—but they always did, didn't they? Always concerned with appearances. Always working to gain the upper hand through intimidation and arrogant bluster. The Toa of Fire had met men and women far stronger than Eisen, but all evil people looked the same in the end. Heuani. Reka. Utu. Echelon. Always desperate to save face.

"I know who you are," he said plainly, not having the patience to say it any other way. "And you know me. You know I wouldn't come here without a reason. I am here to negotiate for the hostages."

OOC: something something zombies thriller theme and whatnot.

we alive again

IC:

Echelon had left, and while I couldn't argue against the.... improvement that the lack of his presence offered, it did make the remainder of this excursion a complete waste of time. I wasn't here to sit through the tedious chest puffing and posturing of his lackeys; as much as Hakann might have fed off of that. Of course, I had gotten part of what I came for, and that was plenty for me.

We're done here.

It was a rather odd experience, tapping into the twisted maze of logic that Hakann called a mind. The Rahkshi's mind reading had been far more impersonal, an observer just relaying information. This... this power sank its fangs into something far more primal and raw. It was strangely invigorating, a pity it would only last so long. The communication was far less clear than what I had hoped, but Hakann got the tone if not the actual words. Given the general picture that I got of the psychotic maniac's state of mind, he wasn't going to be arguing.

Another mental nudge, and my Rahkshi snapped into the single minded focus of a pack of predators, their own march towards the doors of the chamber starting only moments before my own. Hakann naturally waited until enough distance had passed between us for a convenient backstab, as a precaution.

• Upvote 3

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC (Rorg)

So.

That is it?

These wide-toothed Skakdi march into Echelon's halls and spill enough words to fill the bilges of a thousand ships, then leave? They have accomplished nothing, save to waste our time. Were I not being paid well to sit and listen to the pretty sentences these men trade like flowers, I would have left long ago.

As it is, I feel a foreign sensation rumble in my chest: indignation. I do not usually subscribe to emotional patterns, but these Piraka have proved nothing more than distractions, and the only currency more valuable than currency itself is time. My face betrays nothing, but I mark their faces well. Vezok. Hakann. Should we meet again, I will remember their impudence and their vanity. 

Useless.

IC:

"I think you're in the clear." Krayn commented, dragging his chair over to the door and settling so he could make sure to face the stairs. Truthfully, he rather wanted to sleep himself; he hadn't had much rest since leaving Le-Koro. But at the same time, he was still too wired to sleep himself. The brief fight with Xxeth had keyed up his fight or flight response, and the adrenaline hadn't quite left his system yet.

Not that the taste of Salamanders was helping matters.

"Probably the only time that's been said in enemy territory."

IC:

"Enemy territory...makes you almost forget this used to be Ko-koro doesn't it?" As tired as I was, I couldn't bring myself to close my eyes just yet. After very that had happened with Xxeth my mind was still racing, we'd barely avoided detection...I didn't want to think of what could have otherwise happened. 

The best thing I could do was keep talking till I passed out. "So Krayn...what are your plans after we rescue the hostages and this is all over?" 

Edited by Lina Inverse

-IC:-

In all honesty, it is a wonder that Vezok has not left already. This observation, however, does not help diminish the fact that he has just walked out of a meeting of his only "allies" left on the island. Damage control it is, then.

"It seems my associate has decided he has more pressing matters to attend to," despite the hint of disappoint in my voice, my face does not relinquish its emotional vacuum. "Regardless, my offer to help with the security analysis of your new inhabitants still stands. I believe we will be easy enough to find."

A slight bow, to further the absurdity of the situation. "My apologies for our unexpected departure." Rahkshi form their cage of defense around me, shifted about as if by some unseen hand. My employees may follow at their own leisure.

When I reach Vezok, I have only a single question.

What now?

pNNgXax.jpg