BZPRPG - Onu-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Uyism

That stone ...

It was unlike anything the Iroiit had ever encountered.

Uyism seemed to detach herself from Tarnok's shadow, skittering around them to take a better look at it.

It seemed ...

"Not good," spoke the four-armed being, trying to describe the qualitative abstracts of the surface dwellers. It was not like the rocks of her diet. It was strange. Strange and far too different. Far too ... "radical."

IC Tarkahn:

ugh..... so much for promises.

I rubbed my face, trying to keep awake. It had been about an hour since I'd met with the Akiri, and I was growing somewhat impatient. 

Maybe a walk around the koro would help. With a slight grunt, I rose from my chair, adjusting my knee brace. I flipped the sign to closed, then exited my tiny store, and walked into the evening.

OOC: Tarkahn open for interaction.

IC Sade

Silently or not so silently groaning at the other Toa's remarks all the way there, the pair arrived at the markets, crowded at this time of day with people of all types walking to and from shops, the myriad of food stalls or simply standing and conversing. Somewhat less usual were the multitude of what could only be described as beggars and homeless, many of them unmistakeably of Ko-Elemental stock. She frowned, unaware as of yet of the news of Ko-Koro's troubles.

"So, you're looking for some kind of chemist or something, right?" She remarked to Manjo, her gaze currently spent on a limping Onu-Matoran that had just left his shop, some sort of arms and armor type of shop. Kind of dingy by the looks of it.

...but close to it

IC: Manjo

"We've already got our chemist right here, sweetie." Manjo enthused, jabbing a thumb to his chest. "What we're looking for is a chemistry lab, or an alchemy lab or whatever you wanna call it, so long as it doesn't belong to the city. I thought about it on the way here and I figured, 'Hey, what's easier? Do we gather all the supplies and set up shop elsewhere, or do we just break into a place that already has everything we need and use that instead?'"

He let the question hang in the air as he maintained a slow walk, still holding Sade's hand. 

"Once we find the place, I'll do a quick look-around to make sure it's properly stocked while you keep whoever's watching distracted. After that, we leave and never show up again."

He thought they made a lovely couple.

"Come the night before the big gig, I sneak in, make the batch, clean up and I'm out. I'll also have to get rid of anyone who works there since they'll have seen our faces; no loose ends. Anything the guard finds related to this anesthetic, they'll trace it to the lab, and the trail will run cold there since I'll make sure they don't find the bodies."

"Sound good, buttercup?"

IC: Lash - Niralle's Estate.

Finally reaching the door, she opened it to find signs of a scuffle, but no blood or bodies. Whoever had been out here had apparently already gone on their way. 

Shrugging, she headed back inside and shut the door behind her. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Leli

"Tarnok," Her voice cracked, making his name sound far more pleading than she meant it to.  She immediately regretted pulling him into this.  Not because she didn't trust him, far from it, but she couldn't keep throwing her own problems at him.  But.

you haven't

She didn't have anyone else to go to.  She didn't know who else to go to.  She may have lived in this Koro, but she wasn't part of if.

"Don't you feel it?"

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC:

"... Don't I feel what, Leli?" The concern crept back into his voice, replacing the wonder once more. The sight of the stone had distracted him, but something was still so much more wrong than that. The stone would have been cause for wonder, thought, but not the desperation he had witnessed. "I can feel more than a little power from it. I can see the signs, too. I think it is a Toa Stone."

"But something else seems wrong."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

She was scrambling now, her pace picked up once again, though her expression stayed... about as steady as one would expect given the current situation.

let him

"need your help..."

too late

"...With sorting this out.  Tarnok I just found it there.  It was lying around like some piece of junk, it-"

"I don't know.  I feel it.  Inside, it was hidden but I knew where it was.  I... do I give it to the Akiri?  What about the Maru, do I let them have it?"

She could feel her breath hitch, Leli blinked away the resultant tightness in her chest.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC:

"Leli, you found it." Tarnok was quiet, but without ambiguity. It was as clear as day for him. A Toa Stone was rare, rarer than anything else he had ever seen. Few Toa passed along their power, as few achieved their destiny before dying. After the mass transformations, just after the Mata fell, becoming a Toa just didn't happen. The Maru were the first transformations he had heard of in years, with Kehuri shortly after. He knew that one in a hundred Matoran, if that, would ever get the chance that Leli had been given.

"You found it, and that means, you were meant to find it. Leli, it's for you."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Leli didn't speak.  Her mouth worked for a moment, but couldn't find anything to say, the words slipping out of her mind with her breath.  It was too much.  She had kept it together, she couldn't break down.  Didn't give it enough thought on the way back, kept it out of sight, even if it was impossible to keep out of mind.  Keep herself busy once she had returned.  She had kept it as close as possible, her hand rarely leaving it's hold on her pack, where she had hastily wrapped it in hide.  Now, staring at it.  She couldn't.

Leli latched onto the Onu-matoran, burying her face into her arm.

"...I guess I just wanted it to at least be green," she started shakily, in the half-laugh of humor attempted for her own benefit.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC (Korero)

"All right," said Korero, smiling at a sense of camaraderie he hadn't realised he missed.

He quickly looked over his shoulder to the Matoran leaders in the room.

"Akiri, we'll be back as soon as we can, with the rest of our team," he said. "Then we can plan in earnest."

Then he turned back to his Brother and Sister, took their outstretched hands, and Jumped.

OOC: Korero, Sulov and Leah to Ta-Wahi

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Akiri Nuparu (Nuparu's Office)

"Good luck, Maru" Nuparu said to them just before they disappeared.

"While we're waiting for the Maru to come back, I'd like some time myself to digest all of this. If there's nothing else you two need?"

He looked expectantly at Kongu and Onepu.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

"It's a Toa Stone, Uyism. It holds the power from a previous Toa. Using it in the right place, if it's a Matoran's destiny, will make them into a Toa." Tarnok replied, hugging Leli quietly. Despite his awe at what she had found, and her own difficulty in coming to terms with it, something still seemed wrong.

"Leli, is something else the matter?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Onepu

The Captain of the Ussalry exhaled slowly, then straightened up. "I just have one question." He turned to face Nuparu and folded one ankle over the other. "If we're unable to work out a way to save the hostages, what choice would you make? Wiping out Makuta worship, or preserving their lives?"

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: Syvra

"So Demos, did you manage to get all your affairs in place before we headed off? I know they allowed you a bit of freedom the night before we headed off for Po-koro, so I only imagine you did." He casually asks of the De-Toa who was waiting near him as well.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC: Demos

"I arranged for my successor to take my place in my library," the Toa of Sonics said, looking sullen as he had ever since he'd reverted back from his less stable personality. "There isn't much else important that needs taking care of."

A Matoran of Earth approached the small group. "I'm sorry, have you been waiting long? I was tasked with handling your case in the event that Onepu is preoccupied... which he is."

BZPRPG Profiles

OOC: Recommended listening

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y22tIJ6toPY

IC:

- - - - -

"...I'll make some arrangements and go out through the front. Do you remember the directions to the second meeting place?"

"Don't worry, I know the route..."

The Toa nodded after Faraki had finished reciting the directions he'd given him, and made his way out of the back room of the bar. Several of the patrons gave him a look as he exited, but they knew better than to stare, returning to their drinks.

He approached the bartender once again.

Handing a mug of ale to a vortixx sitting nearby, dregs still settling, he made his way over to the Su-Toa.
"What'll it be?"

Jettix leaned forward. "I need to speak with him," he murmured discreetly.

The bartender looked at him incredulously, before quietly chortling.

"Not gonna happen."

"He knows me."

"He knows a lot of people."

"If you tell him my name, he'll want to see me."

He laughed again, before Jettix pushed a few dozen widgets across the counter.

"Speaking your language now?"

The bartender smirked, scooping up the widgets.

"Name?"

"Jettix Gizel."

"You know what your chances are."

"I'm well aware."

The bartender turned to a shelf behind him and swiveled it open, revealing a hidden door behind. He knocked lightly. The hidden door opened a crack, and a few whispers were exchanged before the door was closed again. The bartender waited for a moment, rapping his fingers against the side of the shelf before the door opened again. There were more whispers exchanged, and the expression on his face shifted to one of confusion, then to incredulity. He looked over to Jettix and motioned for him to come behind the bar after a moment.

Doing so, the bartender stopped him before Jettix could get to the hidden door. He picked out a bottle of expensive-looking scotch from under the counter. as well as two glasses, handing to them to Jettix.

"He, uh, wanted you to bring this in with you."

Jettix inspected the bottle.

"Amberlake Single Malt, Fifty-Year." He looked back up at the bartender, grinning. "He's always had good taste."

With that, he walked through the hidden door, where a burly Ta-Toa on the other side let him pass and followed behind him as Jettix made his way through the narrow corridor into another room.

Inside the room was a Ga-Skakdi, a table and two chairs (one of which was occupied by said Skakdi) and nothing else.

Zeska Barzanno grinned.
"Hey buddy." He motioned for Jettix to sit. "Where've you been?"

Taking the remaining seat, the Ta-Toa closed the door, remaining in the hallway.

"Finished my latest stint recently," Jettix replied, setting the glasses for the two old friends and splashing some scotch into each. "The Po-Koro prison's pretty cushy."

Barzanno laughed; a deep and throaty chortle, as the two clinked glasses and each sipped the fifty-year-old malt.

"So I've heard. What'd they book you for?"

"Some guy wanted me to steal Hewkii's mask off of his ###### face while he slept. Normally I don't take jobs from mooks, but the guy had some pretty significant coinage to hand over for it."

"So how close did you get before they nabbed you?"

"Barely into the building at all. The ######'s paranoid someone's gonna cap him any day now. He rigged the entire main hall with tripwires."

The skakdi giggled, just like they were two kids in Ta-Koro once again.

"You're something else, Gizel." He put his glass down on the table and carefully folded his hands in his lap. "So, to business, then?"

Jettix nodded. "I'm going for the big take."

Barzanno's eyes widened slightly and he leaned forward, resting his chin on his propped-up hands. "Really, now? Here?"

Jettix took another sip of his scotch. "Mhm. I've got a crew. They're all ready to go. Just need to plan, prep, and execute."

The skakdi leaned back. "You know, you're a wild man, Gizel, and that's troubling. But you're a nice guy, and I like you. So I'm torn. You're latest attempts haven't been up to snuff, and we've both got a lot of heat already scratching at our heels. I'm not in a mood to take risks right now."

"I understand."

"But."

"But... I think, if you're feeling in the mood, you should... make an investment."

"An investment?"

"An investment."

"Ah. I see."

Jettix removed a small, golden pin from behind his ear, palming it.

"I'll give you my... blessing, but I'll need to think on the investment."

"That's fine by me."

The two men stood and clinked glasses, finishing their scotch, before putting their hands out and shaking.

"To... old friends."

"To old friends."

As they broke the handshake, the skakdi took Jettix' pin, and Jettix took one of Zeska's rings.

"How many are you?"

"Five."

He mulled that over.

"You're gonna need a few people going out the front, then."

"Uh-huh."

"Here," Zeska fished some widgets out of his pocket. "Give these to my boys at the front. They'll let you through."

"Thanks, Zeska."

"Anytime, friend, anytime. Just don't get caught."

Jettix knocked on the door, just as the bartender had done. "Wouldn't count on it."

The Ta-Toa ushered him back through the hall and into the bar.

Now to get things rolling.

- - - - -

IC: Jettix

There was work to be done.

He fidgeted with a certain ring on his finger before leaving his body and gliding straight through solid rock and back into the cavernous Koro.

The Bank was relatively small, but tightly secured. Not to mention, he couldn't yet observe the Vault level. This was going to be difficult.

This run, he surveyed the top floor, which mostly consisted of offices and storage spaces.

With several more trips, each taking in more and more detail, he began assembling a decent blueprint of the bank, minus the crucial info he needed about the lower level.

Slipping back into his body on his fifth outing, he jotted down some notes and revised his sketches once again.

He fidgeted with the ring again.

It was going to be a long night.

- - - - - - - - - -

IC: Zeska

There was definitely work to be done.

But right now, he was feeling like having a snack.

He wasn't really going to get any sleep tonight - he'd have to think quite a bit about what his next steps might be.

If his friend really could pull off what he was so confident about, it might signal a new era on Mata Nui. A resurgence of the old days.

Things were stirring, but for now, he just wanted to eat.

He ambled into the narrow hall where the Ta-Toa was guarding, and made his way through the front entrance - into another building attached to the bar. The same way Jettix had exited.

Attached to the front side of the bar building was a small bake shop - inconspicuous, save for the heavy shutter blinds that lined the windows.

Taking a far seat, way off in the corner, he flagged down a waitress.

all he would have at this hour was a couple slices of bread and some oil. Maybe a little bit of amaretto too.

They knew better than to ask him to pay for any of it, however. They knew him.

Though most of the other patrons probably didn't.

He liked that feeling.

OOC: Open for interaction.

• Upvote 2

IC: Taranis and Tenjin - Tunnels

"Like I said, we'll have to make do with what we can find," Taranis said. "And considering that The Boss wasn't handing us any widgets on our way out, that really leaves us with only one option, and its one that the guards aren't going to take too kindly to us doing."

"Ah, yes; the good old five-finger discount. Brings back memories," Tenjin sneered. 

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC (As Faraki): "We're taking out a guard? Well, provided we hide the body well enough, no one will find out and if there's enough widgets in his pockets, we could buy at least one coat of paint."

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

IC: Taranis and Tenjin - Tunnels

"I meant "shoplifting," Knucklehead," Tenjin said, facepalming. "Do try to keep up."

"And we're not attacking any guards!" Taranis frowned. "That kind of idiotic Karz would not only put the job at risk, but probably result in all of our faces being melted off, even if we did somehow manage to avoid getting ourselves tossed into prison first."

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

The toa of plantlife was about to ask who the successor was, but didn't have a chance due to the arrival of the Onu-matoran. He hefted himself up from the chair and looked down at the matoran

"Hmm, bit disappointed that he couldn't be here himself, but alas some things are unavoidable.So tell me, we talk here or talk in an office somewhere? Either way Demos has to come because i haven't administered the antidote yet.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC: Lash - Niralle's Mansion. 

With nothing better to do with their time, Vortixx and Rahkshi took to wandering the halls of Niralle's sprawling mansion. The Matoran businessman was pompous, arrogant and conceited, and the building's lavish interior certainly reflected that. 

She was beginning to wish she'd never agreed to come here. Not that she'd been given much choice in the matter...

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC (As Faraki): "Shoplifting? Well, that's not something I have plenty of experience with, but I'll do it to help the team out." Replied Faraki as he looked at his own claws. "Let's pick a busy marketplace or somewhere else with plenty of hiding places."

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

IC: Stand-in for Onepu

"Yes, I'm sorry for the inconvenience but his meeting with the Akiri has gone on longer than expected. As for offices, I don't have one we can talk in, but we'll make use of one of our back rooms, if you'll follow me." He led the two to a windowless room lit by a fixture studded with multiple lightstones. "So please, fill me in." He took out a pen and parchment to take note of what he needed to convey to Onepu.

BZPRPG Profiles

Syvra offered a faint nod as he follows the Onu-matoran, motioning for Demos to follow as well. Once they were properly in a back room the toa of plantlife crossed his arms over his chest

"We successfully managed to find Blackrock fortress. After some scouting we came up with a basic plan of attack, which involved traps and bottlenecking the opponents. Thankfully due to the Brotherhood's occupation of Ko-Koro there were few guards there. We managed to eliminate said guards before enacting a plan to fully destroy the fortress. No casualties were suffered on our end of the fight, nor were any serious injuries sustained." He took a breather before continueing, allowing the onu-matoran to catch up "I created numerous Madu Cabolo and we set them up in precise locations, so that when the top most Madu exploded, it would produce a domino effect, causing rubble to fall into the next layer, thus setting off the next set of Madu. We successfully reduced it to rubble. Now if the brotherhood leaves Ko-koro they have no where to run to, for they lost Darkmine and now they've lost Blackrock, the only two safe havens they've had in recorded history."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC:

"Find out what he told her, huh?" Roth mocked, breaking the tense silence that followed Naona's departure.  The mercenary hauled himself out of the worn chair, catching the barrel of his weapon as he stood.  He shouldered it with a single, quick motion born of years of living by it, aiming at nothing in particular as he adjusted the sight.  Dehkaz wasn't bothered by the nervous habit.  Roth wasn't looking forward to this conversation.

"Yes," Dehkaz affirmed, voice unnaturally monotone.

"No, you want to know how much," the lesterin corrected, turning to face Dehkaz as the rifle dropped to his side.

A breath, they didn't have time for this.

"Yes."

"Everything.  Well, I thought it was everything, seeing as I was under the impression that he was dead up until your young friend came looking for him," Roth gave a noncommittal shrug.  He was far more relaxed about the situation than Dehkaz was, whom if it wasn't for the textbook impassive mask, would have probably become disturbingly more distressed.  It was a good thing he didn't do panic very well.

"He is dead."

"Is he, Dehkaz, 'cause you and Miss Upstanding Guard stopping by kinda convinced me otherwise," Roth paused, "What's up with that, anyway.  You, back in the Guard.  You were the one that hated it.  And Po-Koro, of all places, really?  How the Karz did you not see this happening eventually."

Absently, the toa of Magnetism glanced over to his shoulder, his rank visibly emblazoned on his armor, but didn't rise to the bait.  "Tykoh died, and the world's better off without him."

"Fine, so maybe he is dead, but you should have seen Tykoh coming back to bit you in the ###.  What about the guard lady, Naona, why haven't you told her?"

"Not for me to share," Dehkaz replied, wincing ever so slightly.

"So what, you're keeping secrets for an allegedly dead guy."

"You know that's not what I mean."

"Whatever, it's all a #### excuse anyway," Roth held up his hand, stopping a question before it formed, "And no, she doesn't know, by the way.  Arina, that is.  She'll certainly find out, you know that, right?  She's headed to Ko-Wahi, the village.  Isn't that going to be fun for you."

"Hari.  Hari Korari, she's a smart kid, probably figured it out by now," Dehkaz was speaking more to himself than Roth, though his attention was on the wrapped packed.  Slowly, almost dreading what he would find underneath the layers of fabric, the Commander peeled back the worn canvas.  Metal glinted in the steady light of the lightstone lamp, as an object began to emerge from the wrapping.  First what could only be a hilt, a pole nearly as long as his outstretched arm.  A wooden length strapped between two plates of metal.  Scratches, from years of use, covered it's surface, with two areas worn enough to indent the wood obviously being handholds.  It ended abruptly, with a mass of splintered wood and twisted metal where the head of a spear would normally be.  Mirrored perfectly by the end of the single-edged blade which Dehkaz uncovered next.  Thick and heavy looking, it resembled the angled blade of flyssa.  A single rune was carved into the notched metal blade.

"Kyhrilik would be furious if he knew I let you have that back," Roth commented, peering at the naginata.

"Probably." Dehkaz agreed.

"You still using a stick thrower rather than a proper weapon?"

Dehkaz indicated the launcher slung across his shoulder.

"Same thing.  So what, you gonna keep it like a debilitating scar, be one of those idiots who insist that the fact that they can't use their arm is a reminder."

"Hang it up, he's not going to be using it, I've got room in my ship."

Roth raised an eyebrow incredulously.  "Ship?"

"The rank isn't just for show."

"Sounds like a story."

"Not one I have time for."

Dehkaz gave a wave as he approached the Ussalry station near the tunnel leading to Ko-Wahi.  The toa of Magnetism nodded once to Naona.

"Let's go, the sooner we find Hari the sooner we can meet up with the others."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Naona

She didn't need to be told twice. With only a single nod of acknowledgement for her companion, the Toa of Stone returned her attentions to the journey before them.

They were going to find Hari. She was going to be fine.

Naona wondered how many of her fears were unfounded paranoia and how many weren't.

Ooc: Team Naokaz to Ko.